[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, Brew of Sleeping giving me trouble. Triple checked ingredients and instructions, still spoiled brew from start.

Book and NEI say kettle, so using kettle. Did make a bunch of Love potions, so know it's not a case of not knowing how to make kettle work.

Recipe shows no indication of power from altar needed, but within 16 of altar with over 9000 power. And my distillery and spinning wheel are both in line (and a couple blocks off the x axis) from altar, so know I'm in range. Have arthana too, but I counted my range from altar at 14.

I am wearing hat and robe. (Should not be necessary, but a bonus brew is a good thing.)

I have netherrack under kettle and fire going. I dump in water (kettle is only one bucket, unlike cauldron, but I tried adding more just in case... won't accept more).

I start tossing in ingredients with the purified milk. Potion in kettle turns brown with black particles. Can throw in rest but stays brown.

What am I missing? Here's a screenie after tossing in just the purified milk.

7RBaKEJ.png

I know others have gone to spirit world, so must be possible to make this thing!

Searched thread but found no post about problems. Found a page and some mentioning "sleeping" and some of those are regarding the brew, but no one I saw saying they couldn't make brew.

Dang it, figured it out. Fire was too low. When I moved kettle from research base to altar area, I broke through into underground room and didn't notice that meant a multi block drop to where I placed netherrack. Flames are high enough it was obscuring the missing block.

Just made brews successfully.

Aiawa

Jul 29, 2019
Is it really impossible to get netherrack in the spirit world? Cause when i went to the nether in the spirit world i got to my over world's nether, when i went back through, i got back to the over world. I then went into the spirit world, and everything i had on me except my icy needles were gone, the things i had in the spirit world.

Can't make the brew without kettle and spinning wheel which both need a dragonstone.. so i need to open the alfheim portal, so i need 2 terrasteel ingots for making the portal. To get those i need lapis. To get lapis i need strong essence, made with a strong infusion stone, which needs essence of fire. The fire seed needs a rune of fire, which needs nether brick, which is only made from netherrack..

Short: How do i netherrack?

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019
Im not saying the mods shouldnt be in the pack and shouldnt work together. I am saying the flow isnt right. Its a backward step to introduce Thaumcraft and then leave it until witchery has caught up isnt flowing right. Dont introduce thaumcraft until the witchery is at the right stage is what Im saying. I think the pack is great just not flowing right. There are lots of stop moments until a stagnant quest is fulfilled. Like it should not take 10 stacks of mutandis to get witchery going but in practise thats what happend which in turn makes you not want to level witchery but then you find you have all this thaumcraft essence waiting for witchery to grow you a greatwood tree to carry on. Kinda make you not want to level either of them. Im happy with the pack just its not flowing.

At the end of the day; of the 356 pages only roughly two of you have had a problem with this.
I'm not coming out here to tell you can't have opinion, please by all means converse with everyone about how you like/dislike the modpack, I will say that the both times this conversation has cropped up it has been met with the majority not agreeing (which is ok because it's our opinion) so either you need to agree to disagree and leave it at that or find a pack suited to what your looking for.
I may also want to take this time to remind you that whether intentional or not you are in fact sounding a little whinge worthy, the modpack creator does not get paid for this, they do not get any kind of monetary involvement from us, it is free for us to either play or not.
Feedback is good but consent negativity is draining and not constructive.

Not at all telling anyone what to say or how to act just wanted you to be aware of how you are being perceived by myself (and I'm assuming) everyone else.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Then I shall try crafting another one of those. :)

Well maybe I'll try cutting one down first. I've got about 8 of them on my little peninsula.
I know the thaumcraft crafting table is something that is made in the world. Have you tried picking that up into your inventory?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I have The next Episode up. We go over the new Chest room and Super Crafting Frams.

Apophenia

Jul 29, 2019
Is it really impossible to get netherrack in the spirit world? Cause when i went to the nether in the spirit world i got to my over world's nether, when i went back through, i got back to the over world. I then went into the spirit world, and everything i had on me except my icy needles were gone, the things i had in the spirit world.

Can't make the brew without kettle and spinning wheel which both need a dragonstone.. so i need to open the alfheim portal, so i need 2 terrasteel ingots for making the portal. To get those i need lapis. To get lapis i need strong essence, made with a strong infusion stone, which needs essence of fire. The fire seed needs a rune of fire, which needs nether brick, which is only made from netherrack..

Short: How do i netherrack?

Turn in the quest for Essence of Nether in the Overworld then go to the Spirit World and accept the quest reward. Repeat as necessary. Then make Nether seeds.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
its just a word. I don't need a big conversation about it. I just don't like cuss words and many other people don't ether.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
its just a word. I don't need a big conversation about it. I just don't like cuss words and many other people don't ether.

Sorry baconbro, but it's just a damn word, and if you don't like the damn thing, well, that's just too damn bad. But I seriously doubt that TPL will change the damn questbook so as not to offend your damn delicate sensibilities, dammit.

Damn, this is a great damn pack.

Also, beavers dams are cool.

"Dam it." -Beaver, probably.

Susjin

Jul 29, 2019
How i can have mycelium?? i know that is a quest that says to make infestation spores but to make so i need a mushroom and i want to know how to get one

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
How i can have mycelium?? i know that is a quest that says to make infestation spores but to make so i need a mushroom and i want to know how to get one
You can look in caves or make mutandis, use it on grass and hope you get one (good luck).

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

Your issue is literally all over the thread (and I'm fairly certain it's addressed in the FAQ), I recommend doing a basic thread search.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Also, I've discovered that Agricraft Botania plants (the ones that go on crops) will take bonemeal to grow. I've not seen it here, so I figured it'd be nifty to point out.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Get a scuba mask, or preferably a big daddy suit (not the name, but is the hqm reference) or even more preferably, a diving suit. But if you haven't found natural gas, then good luck. Mariculture is annoying, but cool. Oh, if you haven't figured it out, you need to go deep sea diving. You can do it early, but basic infrastructure is preferred. Air pumps help, but you need some tech or a non trolley friend.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Well my episode of ripping through the Thaumcraft quests went up, it's a bit of a long one, I went for having 3 quests done to just about the whole chapter!