[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
-snip-
Not sure if BC pipes are a little bugged, if I am doing something wrong or their Jabba support is not the best but I had some problems with them.

I had one chest with a wooden pipe removing the items and moving them through a line of BC pipes with no intersections, just a row of barrels connected with a pipe in the back side. All the items in the chest had a corresponding barrel to place the items in. While most of the items got to their destination, some of them would just fail to find the barrel and ended up ejected at the end of the pipe. Let say, 4 cobalt essence and 4 ardite essence, 2 cobalt and 3 ardite would end up in the barrel and the rest would fail to see the barrel and ejected from the pipe at the end of the line.

I dont think this is supposed to happen. Had to use a diamond pipe on every barrel... (Ohhh Logistical pipes..., how I miss you :()

-snip-[/MEDIA]
What type of pipe were you using on the back of your barrels? Only a clay or diamond pipe will specifically try and insert items into an inventory as a priority. Any basic pipe will treat it as an intersection, so will randomly choose a direction to go (into the barrel or along the pipeline).

I think clay pipes are my pipe of choice for insertion, since it seems to be smart enough to only try to insert the primed item into a barrel. On another note, I always include a couple chests at the end of a pipe line, along with an iron pipe for the finish to prevent spillage (or a void pipe, if I'm expecting overflow.)

edit: Attached a simplified diagram of one of my sorting systems, using diamond, obsidian, gold, clay, and void pipes.

Diagram.png

Last edited:

Vanjykins

Jul 29, 2019
After updating to .72 I started with a thaumonomicon even tho I hadn't started thaumcraft yet. Tossed it so no biggie, just thought I'd mention it here.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Just updated my server/client to 0.7.2, everything seems to be in good working order. Though my WAILA doesn't seem to have a backplate anymore, for some reason. It doesn't actually feel like a problem, just a change. Now I can see through it!

Reactions: An0nymuS

shortybsd

Jul 29, 2019
Just updated my server/client to 0.7.2, everything seems to be in good working order. Though my WAILA doesn't seem to have a backplate anymore, for some reason. It doesn't actually feel like a problem, just a change. Now I can see through it!
Hit Number Pad 0 > Waila > Configure Aspect > bump alpha up to like 0.85. Also not for sure if you are like me and like seeing liquids, but don't forget to turn that back on as well :p

Reactions: Kmad

shortybsd

Jul 29, 2019
New with 0.7.2 "- Make Nether Wart grow in any light level" still requires low-level light. Not as extreme as before but still doesn't work. Also the crashing bug still hasn't been fixed where if you get dc'ed from the server from example "shift clicking things in your inventory to quickly store to a chest"
Code:
[06:30:23] [Netty IO #3/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception
java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
  at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
  at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
  at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
  at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
  at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:379) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
  at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:436) ~[UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.class:?]
  at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:870) ~[AbstractByteBuf.class:?]
  at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:208) ~[NioSocketChannel.class:?]
  at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:87) [AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.class:?]
  at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:480) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
  at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:447) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
  at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:341) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
  at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.7.0_75]

Once you log back in and click anything in NEI .. poof crash. Has anyone determined what exactly is causing this, AE2?

Can't grow
http://imgur.com/KRl3hGo

Place one block and can grow
http://imgur.com/72TX6zE

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
What type of pipe were you using on the back of your barrels? Only a clay or diamond pipe will specifically try and insert items into an inventory as a priority. Any basic pipe will treat it as an intersection, so will randomly choose a direction to go (into the barrel or along the pipeline).

I think clay pipes are my pipe of choice for insertion, since it seems to be smart enough to only try to insert the primed item into a barrel. On another note, I always include a couple chests at the end of a pipe line, along with an iron pipe for the finish to prevent spillage (or a void pipe, if I'm expecting overflow.)

edit: Attached a simplified diagram of one of my sorting systems, using diamond, obsidian, gold, clay, and void pipes.

View attachment 16648

Clay pipes!!!! I might have missed the existence of this ones:p Did the BC quests long time ago, so I kind forgot they were a thing.
Thanks

Heya. Lil problem here with the hardcore questing mod. I had a BSOD and it corrupted my world. I got it back by deleting 2 corrupted chunks and regrettably my whole HQM folder. I decided it was worth it, seeing I devoted over 100 hours to that world... Anyway. I spawned that Creative book (/hqm edit) that lets me cheat-complete quests so I can get back up to speed, and the thing is not all quests unlocked for me. "What the world enables" is missing several quests... They do not appear once I completed the quests leading up to them.. and those are the ones below "Smith of the Year" and below "Fire Away" with the exclusion of "Not For Drinking" since this one comes from the BC tree. Anyway my theory is that it either takes time for them to unlock, or I have to DO something in the world. Ideas? ^^

Also: How do I do that witchery quest? I got the dreamcatcher but I always end up in the same place with the nightmare chasing me. Do I kill him or what? What weapons travel with me? Ungh ;x
Also2: How do I get tall grass to be able to mutate the Grassper thingie?

P.S. Love this modpack. First one I spend so much time on and didn't get bored at all :D

Check the FAQ on the 2 post at the beginning of the thread. Some quests only appear after it detects some items in your inventory like essence bushs, gold/aluminum ingots, leather....
About the dreamcatcher, it only gives you a 50% chance of a good dream, if I am not wrong. So bad NRG... Once you get a good dream, you will be able to get wispy cotton and be able to make the
Brew of Flowing Spirit in the dream dimension. This brew and a 3 wispy cottons near your dreamcatcher will give you a 100% chance of a good dream.

I just wish there was a good reason(besides a quest) to have to work for the 100% chance of a good dream like some material only accessible in the dream world so there was a reason for keep going there and so being worth all the work for an 100% chance. Maybe.... AE system being a 'dream' feature and being so some resource needed to craft it only available in the dream world. (Yes, a total rip off from BnB but why not use good ideas?)

The Wailla background disapeared? I HATE that. Same happened in Infinity pack and its so annoying! And the worst part is that I couldnt find any config to activate it again. Background color was set but was ignored.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
New with 0.7.2 "- Make Nether Wart grow in any light level" still requires low-level light. Not as extreme as before but still doesn't work. Also the crashing bug still hasn't been fixed where if you get dc'ed from the server from example "shift clicking things in your inventory to quickly store to a chest"
Code:
[06:30:23] [Netty IO #3/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception
java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
  at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
  at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
  at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
  at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
  at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:379) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
  at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:436) ~[UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.class:?]
  at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:870) ~[AbstractByteBuf.class:?]
  at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:208) ~[NioSocketChannel.class:?]
  at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:87) [AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.class:?]
  at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:480) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
  at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:447) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
  at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:341) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
  at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.7.0_75]

Once you log back in and click anything in NEI .. poof crash. Has anyone determined what exactly is causing this, AE2?

The first bug... dunno. But after you dc from a server you need to restart your client or ModTweaker recipe handler will conflict with AE recipe handler and the game will crash. They dont conflit on first load, only on the second time you load a game/join a server.

Edit: Also, my nether wart grows fine with the recipe fix, I havent tested it in 0.7.2 yet but the script fix is the same I have in 0.7.1

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Hit Number Pad 0 > Waila > Configure Aspect > bump alpha up to like 0.85. Also not for sure if you are like me and like seeing liquids, but don't forget to turn that back on as well :p
Awesome! I never knew where these options were hiding, this is great :)

Reactions: shortybsd

shortybsd

Jul 29, 2019
The Wailla background disapeared? I HATE that. Same happened in Infinity pack and its so annoying! And the worst part is that I couldnt find any config to activate it again. Background color was set but was ignored.
Hit Number Pad 0 > Waila > Configure Aspect > bump alpha up to like 0.85. Also not for sure if you are like me and like seeing liquids, but don't forget to turn that back on as well.

shortybsd

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! I never knew where these options were hiding, this is great :)
People should check their keybinds for important things that people can't seem to find :p also this pack from default has 14 conflicts with keybinds. Fixing them will only improve your client. With tons of conflicts they are prone in creating client crashes or getting disconnected from the server.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
People should check their keybinds for important things that people can't seem to find :p also this pack from default has 14 conflicts with keybinds. Fixing them will only improve your client. With tons of conflicts they are prone in creating client crashes or getting disconnected from the server.
Yeah, usually the first thing I do when I start a new pack is to configure my Keybinds. Mostly because I don't use the default MC keybinds (I use Tab for Inventory, among other things). Just don't always notice what keybinds are added by mods unless they are in conflict with another keybinding.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if any of you reading out there would like to join me on my server, shoot me a PM! I'm looking for a few more players to liven up the place.

Mitch A

Jul 29, 2019
I love Iguana Tweaks and the leveling of tools, but so far I haven't seen much of a need for it other than efficiency. Does there come a point when you'd begin to mine for ores and such? I don't see a point in messing with it just to get stone and cracked sand out of my way.
just an easier way to get more speed or durability on my tools or even auto repair, and there is ores in the nether to be mined

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if any of you reading out there would like to join me on my server, shoot me a PM! I'm looking for a few more players to liven up the place.

I'd take you up on that but id rather not lose my progress again...maybe when another update comes out? You probably feel the same way but if not I have a server as well if you feel like starting over :p

Soltys

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a bunch for the answers. Although I still can't get the tall grass. bonemeal lets me get "Double Tallgrass", but it doesn't seem to be working either. How did you guys do that quest?

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I'd take you up on that but id rather not lose my progress again...maybe when another update comes out? You probably feel the same way but if not I have a server as well if you feel like starting over :p
Same here, next update, I would be more than happy to. Right now though, I'm going to continue building my city and see how that ends up. :p

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hit Number Pad 0 > Waila > Configure Aspect > bump alpha up to like 0.85. Also not for sure if you are like me and like seeing liquids, but don't forget to turn that back on as well.
Well... On infinity, the alpha setting also didnt worked. Maybe a bugged version of wailla in infinity at the time and it got fixed on this version...
If BnB 2.0 wasn't so around the corner, I would feel tempted to start from scratch and this time try to build a base that is not a total mess of an encampment. Yes, I build a pretty nice village but cant have the 'strength' and inspiration to actually build a proper base next to my village, so I still live in my encampment that is disgusting to see :p

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a bunch for the answers. Although I still can't get the tall grass. bonemeal lets me get "Double Tallgrass", but it doesn't seem to be working either. How did you guys do that quest?
"Tall grass" is the normal grass you see. Its called tall grass since the so called normal grass is a dirt block with a green top side :p

Reactions: JustHeyo