[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
okay so i have encountered a personal problem, In the early game, before armor, nightime is extremely dangerous, especially now that Dire Wolves spawn. There are two solutions i have found to this. You can a. Build a wall or b. Place hundreds of torches in a wide radius so that no mobs can spawn. you can probably see how a wall (or walls) is the better option. only problem is, mining with a flint pickaxe is absolutely awful. the only solution to this i have found is spawning in a hammer, which is really cheaty and ruins the game. You can probably see where i'm going with this, but if not, i'll just say it. Please, with a capital P, give us a hammer early on. I'm not saying like, first day early, but if around the time you get an alchemy altar, you could also get a hammer? The early game would be Golden. I'm not saying to just give us a hammer, but i think a quest like "Gather 200 flint and 75 dead wood or sticks" and it gives you a flint hammer with a wooden handle. friendly reminder, this is all coming from someone who hasnt made it past anything more than iron seeds, because of frequent deaths at the hands of mobs and losing gear. Thanks to anyone who reads this wall of text and i'd be thrilled if you even considered this.
if your at iron seeds you can make a tool forge and its fairly easy to kill a few spiders to get 3 wool to make a bed from their its only easy to skip nights and eliminate the problem

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
So, what do I put my crops on to make Water Artichoke seeds? I've tried dirt, I've tried sand, I even tried soul sand, but nothing works. I always get either Belladonna or Mandrake seeds on dirt, and nothing otherwise.

I found you have to place a block of non-moving water under the block the water artichoke will be on.

Reactions: JustHeyo

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
just curious does any1 else hear a weird grinding sound when they first load there world?

Afaik it's a sound that Railcraft makes. I have no experience with railcraft as of yet, that's just what I've been told.

Does anyone know if Hydroangeas are supposed to work in beach biomes? I assumed they would but mine refuse to drink the water :(

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Afaik it's a sound that Railcraft makes. I have no experience with railcraft as of yet, that's just what I've been told.

Does anyone know if Hydroangeas are supposed to work in beach biomes? I assumed they would but mine refuse to drink the water :(
does the mana tht the flowers generate have anywhere to go? and make sure you bind them to a spreader. also are they level with the water and not a block above it

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
does the mana tht the flowers generate have anywhere to go? and make sure you bind them to a spreader. also are they level with the water and not a block above it

Yeah I just made a complete noob mistake. Went and tested after posting and realized I wasn't putting them on the same level. Derp.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
okay so i have encountered a personal problem, In the early game, before armor, nightime is extremely dangerous, especially now that Dire Wolves spawn. There are two solutions i have found to this. You can a. Build a wall or b. Place hundreds of torches in a wide radius so that no mobs can spawn. you can probably see how a wall (or walls) is the better option. only problem is, mining with a flint pickaxe is absolutely awful. the only solution to this i have found is spawning in a hammer, which is really cheaty and ruins the game. You can probably see where i'm going with this, but if not, i'll just say it. Please, with a capital P, give us a hammer early on. I'm not saying like, first day early, but if around the time you get an alchemy altar, you could also get a hammer? The early game would be Golden. I'm not saying to just give us a hammer, but i think a quest like "Gather 200 flint and 75 dead wood or sticks" and it gives you a flint hammer with a wooden handle. friendly reminder, this is all coming from someone who hasnt made it past anything more than iron seeds, because of frequent deaths at the hands of mobs and losing gear. Thanks to anyone who reads this wall of text and i'd be thrilled if you even considered this.
Why not crossbreed for cotton seeds and make a bed. Or hunt spiders in the early morning after the undead die.

I got cotton really early and it was quite easy and quick. Heck you can do that underground with zero chance of mobs requiring you to use a weapon.

Then just sleep the nights away. I've been playing for over a month and have yet to make a wall.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014

The first couple nights make a 2-deep trench around a 4x4 walled-off area. It can be done fast enough and gives you enough room to craft. During the night look out and see if there are any lone spiders that you can kill, and remember where they spawned. In the morning go there and pick up the strings they drop. You should be able to make a bed on the third or fourth night.

Reactions: JustHeyo

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well I can tell you what not to do!! I finally got a Nether Portal up and running that I placed in the top floor of a catacomb. WELL this guy forgot what dwells down in these CATACOMBs!! Anyhow I feel my ten minutes in the nether was well spent dodging hell hounds, hell spiders, and all manner of hell! I step back though the gate and BAM!! I will just leave it there for the players that haven't made it to the depths of that wonderful place. I will warn you DO NOT place a nether portal near a catacomb UNLESS you are ready:)

hiharryII

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report - scanning an ardite nugget causes death with no respawn button and other weirdness

Last edited:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Well I've officially used up my derp allowance for this week. Made my horn of the wild, decided to go clear out some dead grass, blew it right next to the field where I'm upgrading mandrakes...

Aye, that be a fine derp. Takes the crown from building a nether portal on top of the catacombs :)

Reactions: fimbrethil

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I found you have to place a block of non-moving water under the block the water artichoke will be on.
I remember hearing that being a future change, last patch. I guess it got put in? I really really wish NEI told you what the block requirements for crops were. This in particular is something that people would never think to do. I wonder, does the new crossbreeding quest tree tell you that you need a water source block under the dirt?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I remember hearing that being a future change, last patch. I guess it got put in? I really really wish NEI told you what the block requirements for crops were. This in particular is something that people would never think to do. I wonder, does the new crossbreeding quest tree tell you that you need a water source block under the dirt?
NEI does tell you the baseblock requirement of having water nearby...

Reactions: EchoingZen

PrimalHulkSmash

Jul 29, 2019
Thephoenixlodge i hate you i spawned on a platform over the void in the end and the ender dragon knocked me off. I lost everything, I'm so salty, great pack besides that haha.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
yeah you dont need water source under the artichokes. also it tells you, you need a water block near it

Attachments

• 2015-03-22_03.26.14.png
    2015-03-22_03.26.14.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 79

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
yeah you dont need water source under the artichokes. also it tells you, you need a water block near it
Interesting. I'm planting it on garden soil and after about 5 minutes didn't have a single growth tick (water was one block away diagonally). Put water underneath and had a growth tick within 30 seconds.

So I guess I got unlucky or something. Or maybe differences in using soil versus garden soil.

CreationPro

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this pack. Signed up just to let you know that.

Also, there's certain bug I discovered. Seems like mariculture and agricultures' conditions for glowing kelp out of kelp seeds conflict, therefore you just can't plant them at all. In vanilla mariculture you should plant the seed on sand. Same goes for corals.

I'll be lurking around and reporting any bugs I might find. Keep up the good job!