[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Is this Thaumcraft? It could maybe be integration to explore, but I'm not really sure what you would want to see. (I am a total Thaumcraft neophyte).
The original goal was to have a compact display (Like the quad drawers) that would show the -type- of aspect in a phial. Unfortunately it looks like the only option for him is a chest for now.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
PSA

For those that are enjoying the new compacting drawers, When you plug an AE storage buss into the back you have instant access to all three types in your AE Network. It will simultaneously show 2 blocks, 18 ingots, and 162 nuggets… Pull any one type out and it adjusts the totals for all three. Those drawers work for redstone, flowstone, lapis, etc. as well.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
PSA

For those that are enjoying the new compacting drawers, When you plug an AE storage buss into the back you have instant access to all three types in your AE Network. It will simultaneously show 2 blocks, 18 ingots, and 162 nuggets… Pull any one type out and it adjusts the totals for all three. Those drawers work for redstone, flowstone, lapis, etc. as well.
Nice! I'm definitely going to have to do that! I don't suppose anyone has figured out any kind of overflow protection using these? I kinda miss the void upgrade from the jabba barrels at times.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
The original goal was to have a compact display (Like the quad drawers) that would show the -type- of aspect in a phial. Unfortunately it looks like the only option for him is a chest for now.
Bibliocraft shelves can store 4 labelled jars from Thaumcraft at a time and the aspects are still easy to see because of the labels.

Reactions: JustHeyo

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Is this Thaumcraft? It could maybe be integration to explore, but I'm not really sure what you would want to see. (I am a total Thaumcraft neophyte).
I just died stupidly and lost all my stuff :( or I'd attach a screenshot.

I don't know if you can directly spawn in crystallized or phials of essentia, but if you wanted to see how they worked, you could spawn in:

1 alchemical furnace
64 alumentum (or any furnace fuel, it's just fast)
3 or 4 arcane alembics
64 empty phials
1 goggles of revealing (wear it in the head slot)
8 rotten flesh (for example)

Place the alchemical furnace and stack some alembics on top of it (up to five). Put the alumentum in the fuel slot, then the rotten flesh in the top. In this case, the items will be broken down into humanus and corpus essentia and moved into the alembics. You can take the essentia out by right-clicking with the empty phials (but it must be in multiples of 8).

Side note: If you're the "Storage Drawers" guy, I'm a big fan. Love what you have done iterating on the barrel idea and making it look great. Setting aside AE (because, I mean, come on), drawers are the coolest way to store stuff.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! I'm definitely going to have to do that! I don't suppose anyone has figured out any kind of overflow protection using these? I kinda miss the void upgrade from the jabba barrels at times.
The AE system itself is the overflow… I forgot to mention to set all the Compacting Drawer storage buss to +1 so they fill up first… you can also add the drawer upgrades just like normal.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
How's the handling of the broom? I might go that route for some earlier flight this time if it's decent, but I haven't had much luck controlling it.
It pilots like a boat. So not great but you get used to it. I find it is easy for travel but precise movement is hard. That said I like my broom.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
So I had the idea that phials of essentia stored in drawers would be pretty cool. Kinda like an apothecary shop. But I wasn't too optimistic because the "flavors" of essentia are stored in NBT, which you don't see hovering over the drawers. And I was right - they all just say "Phial of Essentia".

Has anyone come up with a neat way to handle this, or am I stuck with chests?
Bibliocraft shelves?

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
The AE system itself is the overflow… I forgot to mention to set all the Compacting Drawer storage buss to +1 so they fill up first… you can also add the drawer upgrades just like normal.
If you really want to get rid of any excess, say, gunpowder, you can set up another storage bus on a matter condenser.

- Put the storage bus on the drawers and set the priority to 10 (for example. Use the highest number here.)
- Put another storage bus on the matter condenser and put gunpowder and anything else you want to get rid of into the filter. Set the priority to, say, 5. Stick a storage component in and decide between singularities, matter balls or void.
- Make sure the priority of your ME drives are lower than 5.

That will fill up the drawers, then send any excess to the matter condenser.

Reactions: jaquadro

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I figured that, I was just curious for pre AE :)

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
If you really want to get rid of any excess, say, gunpowder, you can set up another storage bus on a matter condenser.

- Put the storage bus on the drawers and set the priority to 10 (for example. Use the highest number here.)
- Put another storage bus on the matter condenser and put gunpowder and anything else you want to get rid of into the filter. Set the priority to, say, 5. Stick a storage component in and decide between singularities, matter balls or void.
- Make sure the priority of your ME drives are lower than 5.

That will fill up the drawers, then send any excess to the matter condenser.
That's a great idea! i'm going to have to "steal" that and set that up myself. Great way to get rid of excess items you don't really want to store in a still useful fashion (or void easily). With the painting capability it doesn't hurt to have extra matter balls though. Thanks for the information!

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
was wondering something. about blood magic. are there quests for it yet or only thaumcraft? second note. will there be any server quests added? ive gotten a large amount of people on a server playing and those in groups are having an easier time getting certain quests done and its harder to do others. these mods could make an interesting set of server quests. that would require people each person in the group to do certain things and give out bigger rewards.

also would the pack dev have anything against Morpheus being in the server files?

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
That's a great idea! i'm going to have to "steal" that and set that up myself. Great way to get rid of excess items you don't really want to store in a still useful fashion (or void easily). With the painting capability it doesn't hurt to have extra matter balls though. Thanks for the information!
Just don't forget to whitelist something in the storage bus on the matter condenser!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I feel like such a newb doing this but... I have seen a few posts in this thread mentioning Looni farms and Looni-Loot Farms. What the heck is it?
The Looni is a flower that converts Mana into chest loot. Everything from wheat and bread to Essences and Thaum items. (even overgrowth seed). I have 12 endoflames on a single feeder pumping out a drop every 35-40 seconds (I think it was)

The real items of value: (as I see it)

Greater (xxx) Catalyst (blood magic)
Overgrowth Seed
Essence of Certus
Enchanted books are good too for the Praecantatio that you get in the Essence crystallizer

I'm at work at the moment, but if you are interested I can post a picture of my "Wall 'o Loot" later

Reactions: RehabOholic

Ryoken

Jul 29, 2019
So.. playing Regrowth here, ran into problem I can't figure out. Just made essence seeds (from tossing my normal seeds into mana pool) and went to plant them, and they won't plant. It's on farmland, and has the crops sticks there, and the right click makes the movement like it's planting, but nothing gets planted. I can plant other things (carrot seeds, potato seeds, belladonna seeds, mandrake seeds) but not these. Any clues?

It's version 0.7.1 (alpha) of the pack, if that makes difference. And sure I'm well aware it's an alpha version, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something obvious here for the growing of magical crops.

Rawr panther!