[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
You are so optimistic.... :)
In the last 7 days, this thread as gained 70 pages of posts, that is 1400 posts...
Yeah, but I'm talking just crash reports, as there was discussion of people getting cranky after answering the same question so many times as well as gameplay stuff. But perhaps it was a bit optimistic still.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
That's not really the point though. The reason people have to read that many pages is for the exact reason of everyone feeling entitled to not have to keep up with the thread at all and clogging up the responses to the problems they are having by posting the problem again. If people stopped posting the same problem on the same or next page, and just look at the response already posted with the fix, then there would probably have been at least 10 less pages since the 0.7.0 update.
Not having to keep up with the thread is not entitlement, it's the normal thing to do. Only a fraction of players bothers to read or post anything.

This fallout is a result of not wiping. At least add a FAQ to the first post, or an in-game warning.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Not having to keep up with the thread is not entitlement, it's the normal thing to do. Only a fraction of players bothers to read or post anything.

This fallout is a result of not wiping. At least add a FAQ to the first post, or an in-game warning.
thephoenixlodge is turning the second post into an FAQ iirc. And it kinda is when its on the next page over. My general rule, and I obviously have a lot of patience, is 10 pages. If I can't find my problem in that many pages, I'll search the thread with the search function, and then post if nothing comes up.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Not having to keep up with the thread is not entitlement, it's the normal thing to do.
I can't even keep up with the new posts. There is no way I would be able to digest the entire thread. Maybe if I made reading this thread a full time thing and didn't play any (or do anything else, I might be able to keep up)

Heard there was a world corruption bug. Don't know if that was rumor or not. There is nothing on it on the first post. So I just have to hope it is a rare or one off thing. Possibly even not a thing at all.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
If the same thing is being asked, then it's a common problem and needs to be addressed. Telling everyone to read previous pages is the absolutely worst way to handle it.
If people read the posts (or oh my god, searched) before posting this thread would likely be 75% smaller.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe if I made reading this thread a full time thing and didn't play any
This right here. A lot of the people posting the replies want to continue to play the game too. And I'm not asking people to keep up with the whole thread. If you're only coming by when you have a problem, the very least you could do is search a keyword from your problem in the thread and see if there was any recent post asking your question. Because then those of us who do legitimately want to help people with this come across as the bad guys when we get frustrated by people not taking a small amount of time to do a simple search and keep the thread lighter.

As for porting your world over, delete your HQM data and then start your world up. HQM will try to keep your quests exactly as they are even though a lot of the triggers got reworked so that there wouldn't be as much of a performance dip with it. Enable cheats and use "/hqm edit" to get yourself back to where you were. Have fun!

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Hello im having problems with the Sheep Spawn egg the NEI seems wrong. I put everything that is show on the altar but it did not start to create the egg.
Known issue.

As far as I know the only work around is to cheat the spawn egg in and then delete the ingredients.

I'm sure it will be fixed in .72

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
If people read the posts (or oh my god, searched) before posting this thread would likely be 75% smaller.
The size is not a bad thing. More people posting, more people reading, more people helping instantly.

Do you really want a tiny toxic thread?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The size is not a bad thing. More people posting, more people reading, more people helping instantly.

Size does not mean quality!

And this thread is a perfect example of it on the last 60 pages. There isnt much of a pack discussion, experiences shared, experiences told to others. Its just page after page of issue x,y,z and the same replies to them. I go to bed, wake up and have 7 pages(140 posts) with the same 3 types of problems and one or another post that is not about a known bug/solution.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019

The thread would neither be tiny nor toxic if people would stop being lazy little turds and search for their issue before clogging up the thread. The thread would be more easily searchable, more on-topic, and would in fact be less toxic since those of us who aren't lazy wouldn't be so aggravated with every other post being "HOW DOES ME FICKS PRUBLEME?" which was solved a page ago, or is a known issue, or is in the changelog, or is in the questbook, or is in the in-mod documentation, or can be answered by researching the base mod, or can be answered with a simple google search, or can be answered with a thread search. For example, this whole argument your waging against those of us who are infuriated over this whole thing wouldn't be here if people would actually bother to try to solve their own problems.

Im not be able to seed seeds into crops after this update... Am I doing something wrong?

Like this jerk. It's in the changelog, it's in the questbook, it's keyword searchable, it's all over the last few pages. But no, instead of doing his due diligence, he gets on and feels like everyone should just stop what they're doing and explain to him what to do with the shortest words possible.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019

Why would you think it would be toxic? Everyone here is generally nice and helpful. Some of us do sometimes get annoyed when we answer the same question 10 times in an hour.

I think a thread that was 25% as big but had little to no repeated information in it would be awesome.

That said I think this discussion isn't helping the thread much so I'll stop now. Feel free to get your last word in.

MrViSiOn

Jul 29, 2019
The thread would neither be tiny nor toxic if people would stop being lazy little turds and search for their issue before clogging up the thread. The thread would be more easily searchable, more on-topic, and would in fact be less toxic since those of us who aren't lazy wouldn't be so aggravated with every other post being "HOW DOES ME FICKS PRUBLEME?" which was solved a page ago, or is a known issue, or is in the changelog, or is in the questbook, or is in the in-mod documentation, or can be answered by researching the base mod, or can be answered with a simple google search, or can be answered with a thread search. For example, this whole argument your waging against those of us who are infuriated over this whole thing wouldn't be here if people would actually bother to try to solve their own problems.

Like this jerk. It's in the changelog, it's in the questbook, it's keyword searchable, it's all over the last few pages. But no, instead of doing his due diligence, he gets on and feels like everyone should just stop what they're doing and explain to him what to do with the shortest words possible.
Sorry.....

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Im not be able to seed seeds into crops after this update... Am I doing something wrong?
Quest book talks about this.

In general magic crops needs tilled garden soil. Flowers need untilled garden soil, and other seeds are as before.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Topic Shift: I'm making a greenhouse for my plants and am using dungeon glass and granite for the walls. There will be pathways to walk around on, but I haven't decided on a material yet. Any suggestions?

Reactions: JustHeyo

MrViSiOn

Jul 29, 2019
Quest book talks about this.

In general magic crops needs tilled garden soil. Flowers need untilled garden soil, and other seeds are as before.
Thank you

The reason I wrote this "obvious question" is because there is a lot of information about this pack and so hard to find it, I was already seeking it I didn't find... Sorry if I m not be able to search in this forum...

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Topic Shift: I'm making a greenhouse for my plants and am using dungeon glass and granite for the walls. There will be pathways to walk around on, but I haven't decided on a material yet. Any suggestions?
Thaumcraft traveling blocks (can't recall the name, made from arcane stone) might be cool, especially if you can chisel them. I know lots of TC's blocks can be chiseled.

I also like the oldschool look of gravel paths with a grass block here and there to make it look slightly overgrown. Chisel has some very nice gravel variants as well.

Reactions: JustHeyo

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I was watching a stream and realize that polished andesite is an AWESOME block for floors!
Even the other day I was thinking that there isnt a good 'neutral' block for floors besides cooked stone slabs and always using the same floor in every base its boring. Seems polished andesite is the answer. Specially if you have Faithfull x32 or x64

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you

The reason I wrote this "obvious question" is because there is a lot of information about this pack and so hard to find it, I was already seeking it I didn't find... Sorry if I m not be able to search in this forum...
The quest book should tell you for all quests to make any seeds which soil they can grow on. The changelog for 0.7.0 also states the changes to soils. As for this question, don't worry about the response you got earlier, we're (those of us helping to answer questions) are all just a bit cranky because the update came with a lot of bugs and people posting them over and over. Wore down a lot of people's patience.