[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Well I can tell you that HUNGRY Nodes are very bad:) Does anyone know if there is a limit to how big/much they can get/eat? I don't mind letting it grow and try and capture it (Gotta Catch 'em ALL!) but not if it's a world eater?!?

I try to stay away from those hungry nodes. I try. Then I die.

Black_Fox9653

Jul 29, 2019
I just found a weird bug that I don't think has been reported yet, but whenever I throw some of the books on the ground and then try to pick it up again they disappear. So far it does it with the Mariculture books, the Tinkers books, the Atlas and the Lexica Botania.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I try to stay away from those hungry nodes. I try. Then I die.

HaHa, yeah. I was just walking along breaking dead grass, then I started doing the moon walk! Luckily it was a baby hungry node and has only eaten a small top layer of the ground. I turned around and started to say NO, NO, I will not get in your belly:p I just remember reading that they are a good nodes to feed other nodes too.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
I just found a weird bug that I don't think has been reported yet, but whenever I throw some of the books on the ground and then try to pick it up again they disappear. So far it does it with the Mariculture books, the Tinkers books, the Atlas and the Lexica Botania.
Do you have a book binder in your inventory?

Bloodroot

Jul 29, 2019
So...I downloaded the new server. I made the suggested Enchiridion config change. I ran it once so it would set things up, then stopped the server and copied over my world folder, renaming the old one. When I ran it, it gave me the same chisel-chest-air-tank question I've seen people reference here. I accepted the change and it went on for a bit, then a few java exceptions appeared. The main advice I've seen in the thread is 'wait', so I waited. Now it's printing out exceptions so fast that the text is flicking past. It seems to be the same thing dozens of times per second.
[20:39:02] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException​
Is this the circumstance in which I'm just supposed to be patient, or is this what it appears to be, a failure state?

DArtimos

Jul 29, 2019
An ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException can happen with anything that has an array, list, map and a few other variable types. This covers a ton of mods. You'll have to trace it further than that. I'll do so tonight after I'm done with work.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys, Got the new episode up finally after 2 week Cronus attack. I go over a few things, fail in doing a quest, talk about .7.1 update. This was done pre .7 still as i have Magic crops still planted and didn't want anything to happen to them. Plan to unplant them before the update and also might just start a new map for .7.1 just to try the new map.

LunarNocturnality

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried deleting the HQM folder? It will reset your quest progress but should allow your world to load. You can use the /hqm edit command to get an op book and manually complete quests with a shift right click to get the book back to where it was before the update.

Thanks, that fixed my problem of eternal loading.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I try to load the pack it gets to the mojang sign then just crashes can anyone please help

Oh, well ya see, you have an item ID conflict in subfolder 89-F, Metadata sample parser string C. It's pretty easy to fix, all you have to do is-- Oh? What's that? I don't know what I'm on about? You're right, your problem is by far too vague, you don't include your version number, and you've not added a crash report. How, exactly, do you expect any help if you tell us virtually nothing? And this isn't rhetorical. I honestly would like to hear the logic behind this thought process.

Bloodroot

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to avoid the endless errors by renaming my world\HardcoreQuesting folder.

Perhaps I shouldn't have just skimmed some of the posts in the thread. I had the idea that starting over on the quests was optional. But that is all right, I can cheat with both hands if needed to restore all my hard-won progress.

Thank you to everyone who has been providing support here.

TheUglyDumpling

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, well ya see, you have an item ID conflict in subfolder 89-F, Metadata sample parser string C. It's pretty easy to fix, all you have to do is-- Oh? What's that? I don't know what I'm on about? You're right, your problem is by far too vague, you don't include your version number, and you've not added a crash report. How, exactly, do you expect any help if you tell us virtually nothing? And this isn't rhetorical. I honestly would like to hear the logic behind this thought process.
Well first of all I thought it was a simple problem like my computers too old (I have a windows vista if that's the reason) or I need to update my Java didn't know I needed to include those stuff p.s not everyone here is a tech geek who knows exactly what to do ._.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Well first of all I thought it was a simple problem like my computers too old (I have a windows vista if that's the reason) or I need to update my Java didn't know I needed to include those stuff p.s not everyone here is a tech geek who knows exactly what to do ._.
it's alright :p im not very educated in this stuff either but people who are having errors are usually having the same errors so could you go into regrowth folder and their should be a folder called crash logs :) and paste the contents here but plz in a spoiler.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019

I'm not exactly a tech geek either, but when something crashes, it usually helps to add in the crash log. Otherwise, it's like putting up a flyer saying "Lost Dog" and nothing else. How are we supposed to find the metaphorical dog if we don't know what it looks like, ya dig?

djcosmic2

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I am missing something. I am trying to progress, but it seems that my progress is being blocked by not being able to make a Rune of Fire.
Of course, I can make everything needed for the rune, EXCEPT the nether brick. Which in order to get, I would need essence of nether. Yet - I do not have a quest unlocked for it yet. Is there something hidden that I have to do?

Rodger

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or do the direwolves spawn in any light level? Maybe because they spawn as passive mobs? My island is entirely free of yellow F7 Xs, but packs of wolves still spawn...

I feel like I am missing something. I am trying to progress, but it seems that my progress is being blocked by not being able to make a Rune of Fire.
Of course, I can make everything needed for the rune, EXCEPT the nether brick. Which in order to get, I would need essence of nether. Yet - I do not have a quest unlocked for it yet. Is there something hidden that I have to do?

You can get netherrack other ways...