[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
This is actually a bug in enchiridion one I beleive. The mod author is already aware of it and its going to fix it. Its not related with the autodiscovery config setting
Nope, it's definitely enchiridion 2 doing it. It's an issue where it expects the non-elven one to have been read first. This is due to the elven one replacing the basic one in the Ench2 library when you open it the first time, so if there isn't the basic one in the library to replace it packs a fit.

Syphin

Jul 29, 2019
so i have been having a lot of issues with the new server.. i deleted the enchiridion 2 that was added and went back to the older one that is in the mod folder and that fixed one issue.. then i get one with the chisel blocks so i downgrade that one also but now im having one with the Climate Control mod and its the same version as the 6.5... idk what more i can do to try and get the server up and running now.

LeFoxat

Jul 29, 2019
So, I dont know if anyone else has done this, but it takes about 21 mutations to get a single 1/1/1 plant to 10/10/10. Of course, luck makes results vary. :D

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I'll toss it out there -

The AgriCraft versions of the Botania flowers can't be grown on any sort of tilled soil now. You have to put the crop sticks on untilled (normal) garden soil.

This could be intentional, but seems like an odd oversight, particularly since there isn't any way to convert tilled garden soil back to untilled soil. I even tried jumping up and down on it like normal Minecraft farmland (I have been on a diet recently however, so it may have been non-effective. I'll eat more pumpkin pie and try again).

Anyway, I would suggest that they be grown on tilled soil of some sort, either normal or garden soil.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
So, I dont know if anyone else has done this, but it takes about 21 mutations to get a single 1/1/1 plant to 10/10/10. Of course, luck makes results vary. :D

I'ma make a wild guess that you're only using two parent plants instead of four.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I'll toss it out there -

The AgriCraft versions of the Botania flowers can't be grown on any sort of tilled soil now. You have to put the crop sticks on untilled (normal) garden soil.

This could be intention, but seems like an odd oversight, particularly since there isn't any way to convert tilled garden soil back to untilled soil. I even tried jumping up and down on it like normal Minecraft farmland (I have been on a diet recently however, so it may have been non-effective. I'll eat more pumpkin pie and try again).

Anyway, I would suggest that they be grown on tilled soil of some sort, either normal or garden soil.

Funny thing, this has been brought up repeatedly, and it says as much in the changelog, if I remember right, and I seem to recall someone saying that the questbook says it as well: flowers are planted on untilled garden soil. Furthermore, Botania mystical flowers are, intriguingly, counted as Botania mystical flowers.

Dragsta123

Jul 29, 2019
im not spelling this right but i think its enchridion2 fault, if you go into the config and turn autodiscovery to off or just del the mod it should be fine
I tried the config thing it still crashed ill try deleting the mod thanks, Ill let you know if that works

Hey yeah deleting that mod helped thank you! :)

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Started out with a single plant (essence) and went along a line.

Ahh, that's your issue. Mutations are pretty hard to get with only a single plant. I generally prefer to have four parents around a single crosscrop and once the center plant has bred, I replace the weakest parent with it. I can't say how well it works in .7/.71, but in .65 it works reasonably well. Still takes a pretty long time unless you're bonemealing/magical fertilizing the new child crops to maturity, but the upside of not doing that is that you can harvest the parent crops each generation and you'll have tons of resources from whatever plants you're growing.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Funny thing, this has been brought up repeatedly, and it says as much in the changelog, if I remember right, and I seem to recall someone saying that the questbook says it as well: flowers are planted on untilled garden soil. Furthermore, Botania mystical flowers are, intriguingly, counted as Botania mystical flowers.

Flowers, I understand - but these are crops. The normal flowers that are grown as crops, as in, placed on actual crop sticks, (Poppys, Daisies, etc) are all grown on tilled soil.

So, that's why I called it out as an oversight.

EDIT: Hahah, I checked again and it appears you are correct. I had them planted, but they weren't growing.

Trying to place them down again on tilled soil (the poppy in this case) doesn't work.

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, I was wondering about the custom dungeon loot script you made. Does this affect every mod that's in your pack? I have searched several chest looking for Overgrowth seeds from Botania. It's an item that can't be crafted and can only be found. I was just wondering since you made the script if it would have to be added to it, or if it should spawn regardless of the script?

LeFoxat

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, that's your issue. Mutations are pretty hard to get with only a single plant. I generally prefer to have four parents around a single crosscrop and once the center plant has bred, I replace the weakest parent with it. I can't say how well it works in .7/.71, but in .65 it works reasonably well. Still takes a pretty long time unless you're bonemealing/magical fertilizing the new child crops to maturity, but the upside of not doing that is that you can harvest the parent crops each generation and you'll have tons of resources from whatever plants you're growing.
That's what I've been doing, but I wanted to try and see which was more efficient. Definitely the other! XD

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, I was wondering about the custom dungeon loot script you made. Does this affect every mod that's in your pack? I have searched several chest looking for Overgrowth seeds from Botania. It's an item that can't be crafted and can only be found. I was just wondering since you made the script if it would have to be added to it, or if it should spawn regardless of the script?
what version are you playing on? b/c the 0.65 versions of botania hadda bug where they werent spawning in loot chests

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Flowers, I understand - but these are crops. The normal flowers that are grown as crops, as in, placed on actual crop sticks, (Poppys, Daisies, etc) are all grown on tilled soil.

So, that's why I called it out as an oversight.

EDIT: Hahah, I checked again and it appears you are correct. I had them planted, but they weren't growing.

Trying to place them down again on tilled soil (the poppy in this case) doesn't work.

I'm not quite sure what exactly you're getting at, but I do want to clarify that you can get Botania mystical flowers as Agricraft seeds, and those, which are also grown on the crop sticks, have to be grown on untilled garden soil, just like poppies and other "mundane" flowers.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
All I do is add a few things and remove anything progression breaking. Overgrowth seeds and world seeds spawn just fine - I had a bunch of them myself in 0.6.5 that I'd found in witch circles (which pull from the mineshaft chest loot pool).

Reactions: RehabOholic

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
So, is anyone having problems with getting a "Spawn Sheep" egg?. Either I'm dumb and I'm losing something in the recipe, or it may not be working :\

I can't get the Spawn Sheep or the Spawn Bat recipe to work. Tried Pig and Slime and they both work. Still working on trying others.
There seems to be some issue with it matching any color of wool. I was able to get the spawn sheep to work by adjusting the recipe to only accept white wool. You can edit minecraft/scripts/earlysurvival.zs, and find the line that starts with "val wool", make it look like: val wool = <minecraft:wool:0>;
Restart Minecraft after making this change.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be some issue with it matching any color of wool. I was able to get the spawn sheep to work by adjusting the recipe to only accept white wool. You can edit minecraft/scripts/earlysurvival.zs, and find the line that starts with "var wool", make it look like: val wool = <minecraft:wool:0>;
Really? Guess I have to stick a loop in there to make it work with all colours -.-

Cobalt_Cat

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all. I have been playing this pack for a while now, and I just decided to update to version 0.71. I went around and broke all of my crops that needed to be planted on new land (according to the changelog) and I created a backup of my world. I went and relaunched the pack with the update applied and loaded my world. All of my quests were screwed up. I used the HQM Edit OP book to restore any quests that I had completed but I noticed some bizarre "broken" quests that would not complete and update. The book said to shift-click on the quest to complete it... which I did for a while... and eventually I even tried grabbing the items in the world without the quest prompting me to see what would happen. Nothing seemed to work. This isn't that big of a deal to me, but they are worth some reputation points that I would like restored. Does anyone know of a solution yet? Should I just revert to 0.65 and restore my backup?

Here is a picture of the quest screen if this helps anyone...
View attachment 16084

Has anyone found a solution to this bug yet? I really want to update my world, but I do not want to have to wipe my quests to be able to. Sorry that this has nothing to do with the conversation, and if I missed a post solving this, I apologize.

Tadaskew

Jul 29, 2019

I found one in an abandoned mineshaft chest as well as 2 black flowers that also can't be crafted that hold a lot of mana, can't recall what the name was. That was in .65 but I doubt there were any changes to that.

Reactions: RehabOholic