[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately people will keep asking because they don't look through the thread, because it's too big, because people keep asking the same questions over and over... Also because the search function is broken.

First of all, that doesn't cover inane stupidity (as in, ignoring the questbook), second, the changelog covers a lot of the farming changes, and third, just ctrl+f each page, it's what I usually do.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Also, because this keeps getting asked, here's the end-all guide for why planting isn't working.

Read the questbook, it tells you literally everything you need to be doing. If it doesn't tell you, then you're advancing ahead of the questbook, so try to complete a few quests that look like they're leading up to planting.

That said, link people here from now on, I'm getting really tired of people completely ignoring the questbook's superlative instructions (and the changelog, for that matter) and cluttering up the thread trying to figure out why they can't plant whatever.

Seriously, if you can't get nether wart to grow, that's understandable (in fact, I recall thephoenixlodge saying he'd fix that, since it requires darkness or summat). In my opinion, if you can't be bothered to read the questbook that guides you through the modpack, the actual mods, and many of the recipe changes, you don't deserve to waste other people's time so they can answer the inane questions that you come up with as a result.
You just need to to accept that 90% of the people that post problems on forums arent real problems, they just didnt readed or tried to search for a solution, like using the forum search tool or google. After you accept this reality, it is your choice to read the forums or not :p

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
You just need to to accept that 90% of the people that post problems on forums arent real problems, they just didnt readed or tried to search for a solution, like using the forum search tool or google. After you accept this reality, it is your choice to read the forums or not :p

Yeah, but the sheer stupidity it implies bugs the heck out of me. :\

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately people will keep asking because they don't look through the thread, because it's too big, because people keep asking the same questions over and over... Also because the search function is broken.
Whaaaat? Search works great, at least for this thread, I use it all the time. I've come to accept that 90% of the posts are the same people asking the same questions.. I'm hoping that by replying with canned responses, eventually they'll be prevalent enough to cut back the repetition. :)

Firewhisp

Jul 29, 2019
I've made the tools for the quest such a tool but it won't Manuel detect that I have made them I'm not sure what to do

Attachments

• regrowth.png
    regrowth.png
    575.1 KB · Views: 78

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is, this probably isnt fixable.... The more versions get out, the more mods update to a new version, more quests are out, the amount of diferences just get bigger and bigger and the quest reset will be needed even more.

While that may be true the quests isn't the main reason I'm holding off. I'm holding off on the book and NEI crashes I'm hearing reports of.

That said though, my issue with HQM isn't quests being broke. My issue is party membership is broken. That should be fixable. I'm trying to fix it myself but I'm having a hard time getting information on how HQM works. I need to find the HQM mod thread and ask the author I guess.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Well... I got to say I dont envy Phoenix... Every time I think about volunteering for some MC stuff or making my own pack I just remember what happens on the forums and how players are so happy when the pack creator does not stop their life to fix the bug so they can play and.... I just give up and try to help in the shadows :p

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I've made the tools for the quest such a tool but it won't Manuel detect that I have made them I'm not sure what to do
Are you still on 0.70? This was fixed in 0.71.. if you're still getting it there, something strange has happened.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The lack of pictures of the tools in the quest book tells me something is wrong... have you updated to the new 0.7.1 version where it fixes the TiC tools quest?

Edit: got ninjed... seems I can take a couple minutes off, rivvest will take care of replying to everyone :p

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Well... I got to say I dont envy Phoenix... Every time I think about volunteering for some MC stuff or making my own pack I just remember what happens on the forums and how players are so happy when the pack creator does not stop their life to fix the bug so they can play and.... I just give up and try to help in the shadows :p
^This. It doesn't help that this pack has become insanely popular while still a WIP!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
While that may be true the quests isn't the main reason I'm holding off. I'm holding off on the book and NEI crashes I'm hearing reports of.

That said though, my issue with HQM isn't quests being broke. My issue is party membership is broken. That should be fixable. I'm trying to fix it myself but I'm having a hard time getting information on how HQM works. I need to find the HQM mod thread and ask the author I guess.
Trying to fix the NEI problem but first need to reproduce it and I am not being able to do it!!!!

Has anyone had the NEI crash while playing single player or was only with a server?
For once you are free to spam the forum with your double repeated problem :p

Garfieldcfc

Jul 29, 2019
Tried removing Java 8, still didn't launch but here's the log without Java 8:

[15:45:44] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[15:45:44] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

I don't know if this is just getting skipped over, or what, but could someone point me in the direction of where to post this or help fix it?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is just getting skipped over, or what, but could someone point me in the direction of where to post this or help fix it?
This is not a JAva 8 problem. Ignore anyone who says to not use Java 8. That is a Forge problem fixed months ago but they just readed somewhere that and keep posting to not use it. Java 8 is BETTER then Java 7 for MC.

About this problem, I bet your installation is corrupted. Force a new installation in the launcher options.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to fix the NEI problem but first need to reproduce it and I am not being able to do it!!!!

Has anyone had the NEI crash while playing single player or was only with a server?
For once you are free to spam the forum with your double repeated problem :p

I did have a crash on single player.. couldn't tell you what I was doing though, and I did it again after restarting and it worked fine. :)
java.lang.NullPointerException: Updating screen events
at appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:98)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)
at appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:89)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.getRecipeHandler(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:465)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiCraftingRecipe.openRecipeGui(GuiCraftingRecipe.java:20)
at codechicken.nei.ItemPanel.mouseUp(ItemPanel.java:258)
at codechicken.nei.LayoutManager.onMouseUp(LayoutManager.java:166)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.mouseUp(GuiContainerManager.java:365)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.overrideMouseUp(GuiContainerManager.java:357)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146286_b(GuiContainer.java)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:306)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146274_d(GuiContainer.java)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1628)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:98)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)
at appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:89)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.getRecipeHandler(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:465)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiCraftingRecipe.openRecipeGui(GuiCraftingRecipe.java:20)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.mouseUp(GuiContainerManager.java:365)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.overrideMouseUp(GuiContainerManager.java:357)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146286_b(GuiContainer.java)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146274_d(GuiContainer.java)

Last edited:

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
Cross-breeding between different plant types no longer results in stat increases. Sorry, no more using 10/10/10 sugar cane to boost the stats of the other plants.
Mutations will now only receive the average of the stats of their parents, not the full stats - so breeding 10/10/10 wheat with 10/10/10 carrots will get you 5/5/5 sugar cane.
To get the old behavior, edit minecraft/config/agricraft/Configuration.cfg and change Farming difficulty to 1.
The average of two things that are 10/10/10 is 10/10/10... not 5/5/5.

Firewhisp

Jul 29, 2019
The lack of pictures of the tools in the quest book tells me something is wrong... have you updated to the new 0.7.1 version where it fixes the TiC tools quest?

Edit: got ninjed... seems I can take a couple minutes off, rivvest will take care of replying to everyone :p

lol thought I updated it now its up dating now thanks for the help XD

Ryoken

Jul 29, 2019
The average of two things that are 10/10/10 is 10/10/10... not 5/5/5.

Actually, I believe it's possible he's correct. The average of two 10/10/10's and two 0/0/0's (by not being completely surrounded) would indeed be 5/5/5. Try mutating with all cardinal directions filled with 10/10/10 and see how that does!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Well....
I did have a crash on single player.. couldn't tell you what I was doing though, and I did it again after restarting and it worked fine. :)
java.lang.NullPointerException: Updating screen events
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1628)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
Well.... on a server it crashed at the first attempt :)

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I believe it's possible he's correct. The average of two 10/10/10's and two 0/0/0's (by not being completely surrounded) would indeed be 5/5/5. Try mutating with all cardinal directions filled with 10/10/10 and see how that does!
Oh! I couldn't figure out why I had a random 5/5/5 while I was pre-maxing out my starter crops. Guess I'll have to find a more secure set-up, though seriously maxing out the seeds you start with was the best idea I ever had, took some hours and a lot of composting, but it's paying off. Too bad I can't breed them into magical crop seeds though, so maxing those out is still something I gotta do. Gonna have have a crap ton of paper and string so still totally worth it.