[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I thought you could craft tainted soil in this pack, but I'm not in the game so I could be way off on that. Try typing Taint in NEI and see it anything is craftable. Sorry I can be of more help, but I am not going to start that mod until I know there is obelisks spawning first.
Tainted soil is in the nether.

Garfieldcfc

Jul 29, 2019
see the issue is you cant have that many javas. i believe its trying to run your java 8 automatically. its saying java 8 cant run perm size. so if you remove it. then try. all im saying
Tried removing Java 8, still didn't launch but here's the log without Java 8:

[15:45:44] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[15:45:44] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

Robinivelle

Jul 29, 2019
I just found an easy way to get garden soil/seed oil: pumpkins. A 4x4 10/10/10 field gives you a stack of pumpkins. As we all know from vanilla can you turn 1 pumpkin into 4 seeds. That's 4 stacks of seeds from 1 harvest :)

Reactions: KeepKid

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the mutandis mechanic needs to be tweaked slightly, so the first mutation of tall grass gives an equal chance of several "branches" of possible further mutations (flowers, saplings, mushrooms, Witchery plants, etc.) and after that continuing to mutate that item sticks to within that branch. That would make things a bit less random, and the size of the random pool went up by at least one factor with the 0.65-0.70 changes.

So, yeah, I can see this being more painful. I don't think the best answer is cheaper mutandis though. That's pretty exploitable.

What if, say, using mutandis on tall grass would only produce vanilla and witchery plant items, and using it on anything other than tall grass would allow for EBXL and other mutation options to occur? Thoughts, @thephoenixlodge ? That way, you're guaranteed to be able to reasonably get witchery and vanilla stuff that you need, and you still have access to the other options.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
HaHa, what mod is making the villager to lay down at night on a bed?lol It funny because all you see is feet sticking out of doors when to many of them are in a house.

Also, what are the "Developed Iconograph" used for? They are like pictures with mods on them. When right clicked you use it, and it says you don't have the proper knowledge and uses the item anyways. There's know recipie for them, and they only seem to spawn in this one building.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Help? I am still a noob at thaumcraft and can't find a source of vitium. Usually I get it from taint but I haven't found taint in the wasteland.

So you'll be able to make taint later via Thaumcraft, but since you need to get Vitium for research and progress to get the item that lets you create taint, and since taint doesn't spawn naturally on this map, I believe the only way to get Vitium initially is to craft it in your Research Table. This is VERY unintuitive and downright unknowable if you're new to Thaumcraft. Praecantatio + Perditio in the Research Table will get your credit for "scanning" it and help you on your way (as you already figured out). Hopefully thephoenixlodge will add something into the Thaumcraft section of the HQM book mentioning this, cause it's SUPER unintuitive for Thaumcraft first-timers and it's also (one of the?) only time(s) this method is the ONLY method for finding an aspect.

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
I still haven't been able to get 4 of a sapling, geting really unlucky with my acacia trees dropping saplings.

Edit:

Ok I completed the quest with 2 Acacia saplings and two other random saplings. The quest works fine but is confusing since it appears to require only an oak sapling. I can live with that.

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
As noted from previous posts in the thread, I dont think these will ever hit the official pack. Feel free to add them yourself

Although I would like to do that myself, I already tried adding mods on my own. More specifically the ones I had described in my previous post. The mini-map mod did not register and the TicTweaks caused me to crash.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Although I would like to do that myself, I already tried adding mods on my own. More specifically the ones I had described in my previous post. The mini-map mod did not register and the TicTweaks caused me to crash.

What map mod did you try and add? I know JournyMap Works, but the only reason I added it is to try and find an Obelisk.

Rayn

Jul 29, 2019
was you're game any more laggy after the long load time or was it just a very slow load time for the regeneration of chunks?

sorry for the late reply,

the game after the 10min loading was perfectly fine. there must have been a lot of lag-fixes in the update aswell, cause my fps gained by about 10-15.
also it only took that long at the first loading.

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
What map mod did you try and add? I know JournyMap Works, but the only reason I added it is to try and find an Obelisk.

I used JourneyMap to find a witchery village, and found an obelisk while searching for the village. It seems much rarer to find than say, the wickermen.

lukesky

Jul 29, 2019
man i have a problem with buildcraft, the engines doesnt wokt, they keep facing up and i cant turn then to the pipe even with a wrench, and redstone signals doesnt activate them as well

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
man i have a problem with buildcraft, the engines doesnt wokt, they keep facing up and i cant turn then to the pipe even with a wrench, and redstone signals doesnt activate them as well
screenshots plz :) sounds like when your placing them down the engines arent detecting where to output the energy