[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
Ok .70 is freaking terrifying compared to .65 was. There are constant explosions and wolves howling all while I'm still trying to fish the first two quests. I have a feeling I'm going to die a lot more this time around or have to mute to sound so I don't jump so much.

Gekko

Jul 29, 2019
You lost me. I just did Certus Certification last night without issue (other than it's fairly expensive, which is okay.) Now I am working towards Certus Seeds which will take a lot of work on the other seeds first. Are you maybe missing some quests elsewhere? I do believe it does require reputation in the Mechanist line.
In 0.7.0? Because surely I did it before the update, had to reset my quest-progress due to some wierd randomness, and did it all again (using /hqm edit) and the Certus quest never unlocked, eventhough I had the required reputation

I fiddled around with the editor-mode set to true, and figured that this was the case, a Trigger Quest with only a Consume Task

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
@thephoenixlodge Great job on 0.7x but getting an issue where I can only load/create one world per session now. Have to close/reload the client if I want to go into a different world. 10/10 for the pack though :D

That may be caused by having multiple modpacks. Try reinstalling ftb and downloading Regrowth from scratch.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
That may be caused by having multiple modpacks. Try reinstalling ftb and downloading Regrowth from scratch.
Will give it an try and report back. Only happening with regrowth since this update though. Other packs (DW20, Flux galaxy, ME^4) are working fine.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
In 0.7.0? Because surely I did it before the update, had to reset my quest-progress due to some wierd randomness, and did it all again (using /hqm edit) and the Certus quest never unlocked, eventhough I had the required reputation

I fiddled around with the editor-mode set to true, and figured that this was the case, a Trigger Quest with only a Consume Task

Oops, no, sorry, misunderstood. This was 0.65.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still playing 0.6.5 - how do we acquire Quicksilver, or Shimmerleaf plant, or Cinnabar Ore, or Amber Ore (which should all provide me with quicksilver drops)? Is there a Magical Crop or do I have to find the Nether Amber Ores?

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still playing 0.6.5 - how do we acquire Quicksilver, or Shimmerleaf plant, or Cinnabar Ore, or Amber Ore (which should all provide me with quicksilver drops)? Is there a Magical Crop or do I have to find the Nether Amber Ores?
Yeah you'll have to find nether amber ore to get the quicksilver (smelt the nether amber into amber and drop it tin a mana pool with an Alchemy Catalyst) unless you have the resources to get a silverwood sapling. The shimmerleaf can grow under the silverwood tree (unless that has been changed somehow).

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah you'll have to find nether amber ore to get the quicksilver (smelt the nether amber into amber and drop it tin a mana pool with an Alchemy Catalyst) unless you have the resources to get a silverwood sapling. The shimmerleaf can grow under the silverwood tree (unless that has been changed somehow).

Oh okay, I didn't think Shimmerleaf would spawn, I thought it was placed under Silverwood trees at worldgen time, and no new plants ever appeared after that point. If they do spawn under Silverwood, then I should be okay, but if I have to scrounge for Nether Amber Ore, I might not be, always hated the Nether. There really should be a Magical Crop seed for either Amber or Cinnabar (IMO).

Also, is there a way to increase Silverwood sapling drops? I forget how it all works, been a long time... thanks!

Last edited:

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okay, I didn't think Shimmerleaf would spawn, I thought it was placed under Silverwood trees at worldgen time, and no new plants ever appeared after that point. If they do spawn under Silverwood, then I should be okay, but if I have to scrounge for Nether Amber Ore, I might not be, always hated the Nether. There really should be a Magical Crop seed for either Amber or Cinnabar (IMO).
Its requires the silverwood to grow with a pure node in it i think. It does deffinately happen but its not the most common of things tbh

Reactions: billybricker1

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okay, I didn't think Shimmerleaf would spawn, I thought it was placed under Silverwood trees at worldgen time, and no new plants ever appeared after that point. If they do spawn under Silverwood, then I should be okay, but if I have to scrounge for Amber Ore, I might not be, always hated the Nether.
Maybe i was wrong about the shimmerleaf. In Thaumcraft 3 they would only grow around worldgen silverwood trees, not ones that were placed and grown by a player. Hopefully that was changed in Thaumcraft 4 but I can't find much information on the shimmerleaf in the latest version. Either the nether amber wasn't THAT hard to find, just have to explore a bit. The nether isn't that bad in this pack if you have a decent sword and get some items from Botania like the armor (any should do) and the pyroclast (sp?) pendant (which puts you out if you are on fire so long as you aren't standing on a lit block or in lava, this is great for killing blazes). There is a late game upgrade for the pendant that will allow you to stand in fire and swim in lava but it requires killing a Gaia Spirit.

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing around with the 0.7.0 pack and have made a stable version of the pack with some tweaks as follows:
  • Removed Enhanced Inventories (Reason - causes crashes when looking up some custom recipes)
  • Downgraded Tinkers' Construct and Iguana Tweaks to 0.6.5 versions (Reason - Quests ceased working due to mod changes)
    • IguanaTinkerTweaks-1.7.10-2.1.2
    • TConstruct-1.7.10-1.8.2a
  • Removed EnderMini's ability to attack Creepers (EnderZoo Config File) - (Reason - WAY too many explosions! It's Minecraft, not war)
  • Enabled the config to disable explosion damage (Creeper Collateral config) - (Reason - Convenience really)
Furthermore, to enhance the experience of the mod and to really add to the challenge, when you create a world make sure you disable Generate Structures. This will ensure that villages and such don't pop up all over the place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the world is supposed to be barren and empty, and getting access to those chests and villages, easy food and more right off the start kills any challenge the game has. Yes, this means the End portal doesn't generate but you can create a portal using recipes. Mine shafts are also OP as once more the chests completely unbalance the game. I'm in no way trying to discourage exploration but perhaps the chest loot needs to be looked at.

I will continue to explore the pack as this will be my second play through and will report any issues that I come across. Once the mod is stable I will be doing a Let's Play series on YouTube. It's been a long time since I've done that.

Have fun everyone!

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing around with the 0.7.0 pack and have made a stable version of the pack with some tweaks as follows:
  • Removed Enhanced Inventories (Reason - causes crashes when looking up some custom recipes)
  • Downgraded Tinkers' Construct and Iguana Tweaks to 0.6.5 versions (Reason - Quests ceased working due to mod changes)
    • IguanaTinkerTweaks-1.7.10-2.1.2
    • TConstruct-1.7.10-1.8.2a
  • Removed EnderMini's ability to attack Creepers (EnderZoo Config File) - (Reason - WAY too many explosions! It's Minecraft, not war)
  • Enabled the config to disable explosion damage (Creeper Collateral config) - (Reason - Convenience really)
Furthermore, to enhance the experience of the mod and to really add to the challenge, when you create a world make sure you disable Generate Structures. This will ensure that villages and such don't pop up all over the place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the world is supposed to be barren and empty, and getting access to those chests and villages, easy food and more right off the start kills any challenge the game has. Yes, this means the End portal doesn't generate but you can create a portal using recipes. Mine shafts are also OP as once more the chests completely unbalance the game. I'm in no way trying to discourage exploration but perhaps the chest loot needs to be looked at.

I will continue to explore the pack as this will be my second play through and will report any issues that I come across. Once the mod is stable I will be doing a Let's Play series on YouTube. It's been a long time since I've done that.

Have fun everyone!
There is an option in the Witchery config that will disable the villages. Set "B:TownBiomeWastelandAllowed=" to false, probably a good idea to set the rest of the biomes to false as well but that one should take care of it. I believe generate structures is meant to be turned on to allow the hobgoblin huts, and a few of the witchery things to spawn.

Edit: Are nether fortresses affected by the generate structures option? If they are turning it off could kill the progression in this pack. IIRC you need blaze rods to create blaze seeds, also the alchemy catalyst. I don't know enough about vanilla to know if blazes will spawn outside of a nether fortress or if turning off structure generation will stop fortresses from spawning, but it could kill progression if there isn't a good way to get at least a couple of blaze rods from the nether.

Last edited:

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
There is an option in the Witchery config that will disable the villages. Set "B:TownBiomeWastelandAllowed=" to false, probably a good idea to set the rest of the biomes to false as well but that one should take care of it. I believe generate structures is meant to be turned on to allow the hobgoblin huts, and a few of the witchery things to spawn.

Yup, without structures generating you won't get witchery circles and huts, which means no access to coven witches, and no hobgoblin huts which means no access to koboldite. I don't know about the former yet, but the koboldite is definitely in the quest chain. I wouldn't be surprised if the coven witches are needed eventually also.

LeFoxat

Jul 29, 2019
While I prepare for .71 in .65, I can't figure out if you can till garden soil in .65. Is it possible or do I have to wait to upgrade?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
While I prepare for .71 in .65, I can't figure out if you can till garden soil in .65. Is it possible or do I have to wait to upgrade?
Mattocks and most early-game tools don't work to till the soil in 0.65, I think the earliest available tool to till it is a golden hoe.