[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You are forced to clear out your quest book by deleting the players.dat file -- you can work around it (painfully...) by using /hqm edit, and completing all the quests you had done and tossing away the rewards. Enjoying your LP btw. :)
You actually can't, because some of the quests are uncompleteable (e.g. the seared bricks on, as it requires something else to be unlocked, which you cannot complete through hqm edit... which means everything after it breaks)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
so if I am getting this straight: if I delete my player.dat file and re-login into my world the problem will be solved or do I also have to do the hqm edit thingy as well?

Thanks as well btw :)
You could potentially just delete the HQM data (I think its a separate file)

Phrost

Jul 29, 2019
Would there be a reason why my 0.6.5 safe does not work in .7?
It goes to load the world and then gets stuck and never goes past the loading world screen.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
so if I am getting this straight: if I delete my player.dat file and re-login into my world the problem will be solved or do I also have to do the hqm edit thingy as well?

Thanks as well btw :)
To even get the world to load, you have to delete <save>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat (not the main Minecraft player.dat). Once you can load the world, you can get a fresh clean quest book, and use /hqm edit to get an edit-mode book that will let you shift-click quests to complete them, so you can bring your progress back to where it was. As @jordsta95 points out, there might be some quests that don't unlock until you have enough reputation - but as long as you claim the rewards, you should get that back as well. I haven't tested on this release, but had to do that from 0.5 to 0.6.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Would there be a reason why my 0.6.5 safe does not work in .7?
It goes to load the world and then gets stuck and never goes past the loading world screen.
Refer to the rest of the posts on this page.. :) Questing book issue.

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
To even get the world to load, you have to delete <save>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat (not the main Minecraft player.dat). Once you can load the world, you can get a fresh clean quest book, and use /hqm edit to get an edit-mode book that will let you shift-click quests to complete them, so you can bring your progress back to where it was. As @jordsta95 points out, there might be some quests that don't unlock until you have enough reputation - but as long as you claim the rewards, you should get that back as well. I haven't tested on this release, but had to do that from 0.5 to 0.6.
Aha thank you that answers my problem
JUST WAIT FOR 7.1! Do not delete your player.dat, that is like burning down your house to buy new furniture.
This is also true, I will see if the problem persists when updating to 0.7.1

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
JUST WAIT FOR 7.1! Do not delete your player.dat, that is like burning down your house to buy new furniture.
Based on my previous experience, this is due to quests being re-arranged.. as such, I'm not holding out hope that it will be fixable in future releases. Would love to be wrong, though!

Ratzfaz

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth 0.7
No second World creation without Restart the Minecraft Client.
I have made a new world with 0.7. It was a verry bad Spawn Location. Tiny iland (5 Blocks) in the middle of a huge Ocen. I closed the world, delete the savegame, and create a new one. But i ended up in the minecraft Startmenue. After restart Minecraft, it was possible to create a new one. Next bad spawn Location. delete world, create a new, ended up in minecraft startmenue. I have try it at 0.6.5, here u can create worlds after deleting the old world.

I have also the Problem, with finishing the ''Such aTool'' quest

Salzaros

Jul 29, 2019
Should i wait to start a new world until 7.1 comes out? or can i start a new world in 6.5 without much problem, and continuing that world when 7.1 comes out?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth 0.7
No second World creation without Restart the Minecraft Client.
I have made a new world with 0.7. It was a verry bad Spawn Location. Tiny iland (5 Blocks) in the middle of a huge Ocen. I closed the world, delete the savegame, and create a new one. But i ended up in the minecraft Startmenue. After restart Minecraft, it was possible to create a new one. Next bad spawn Location. delete world, create a new, ended up in minecraft startmenue. I have try it at 0.6.5, here u can create worlds after deleting the old world.

I have also the Problem, with finishing the ''Such aTool'' quest

''Such aTool'' quest

This is a known bug you can either go back to 0.6.5 or take Tinkers' construct and iguana tweaks from 0.6.5 mods folder and put them into the 0.7.0 mods folder.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with the Certuz Certification quest, seems that it's for some reason set to "trigger" quest, but as the only task is a consume task, this makes it pretty much impossible. I guess either the Reputation Req should be added to the quest and the pre-requisite hidden quest should be deleted, OR the quest should be changed to reverse trigger?
Derpy derp by me. I'll fix this asap.
I'm still playing 0.6.5 - how do we acquire Quicksilver, or Shimmerleaf plant, or Cinnabar Ore, or Amber Ore (which should all provide me with quicksilver drops)? Is there a Magical Crop or do I have to find the Nether Amber Ores?
At the moment it is just nether amber. There will be crops for these at some stage, I just have a lot on my todo list currently.

Seldron

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, You did a great job of creating a modpack with integrates mods in a way where people learn quite a lot about mods.
It's quite fun to get through the progression levels.

The pack is clearly stated as alpha so we all expect some hicups ^^.
Besides some easily fixable bugs in 0.65 it was very stable.

The only thing I would recommend is a short block in your starting post or a link to it where you summarise the known fixes and bugs for the versions as they get known.
This will spare time of searching through the thread and will help players find solutions easier.
I saw a great faq for the pack from someone posted earlier which basically did that. Something like that linked in your first post might help alot.

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
Only issues so far with 0.7.0 was that I thought I needed cactus to make mutandis, at which point I found out that once you till garden soil it does not un-till even if you break the block....

Edit:

And it requires an insane amount of mutandis thanks to the addition of all the flowers to the possible mutation table. I'm sure that will make me appreciate getting something other than flowers that much more but man I hate mandrakes.

Last edited:

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment it is just nether amber. There will be crops for these at some stage, I just have a lot on my todo list currently.

There are already a lot of crops. It may be a thought to consolidate some of the lesser used resources (one's with few recipes or uses) into essence recipes. Like say for Quicksilver you could make it a combination of Water Essence and Iron Essence...or Tin... That way this does not turn into farm ville after all. And Man do I have a farm going in 6.5...yikes. That would cut down on art assets also.