[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
So I need to bump up my mana production but I'm a Botania noob. I have tons of coal from my Magical Plants so I'd like to get my Endoflames working, but the Open Crate doesn't seem to work for me? I placed a block on the ground, then put the Open Crate on top and broke the block so the Crate is up in the air and can drop coal onto the ground. Then I put 4 Endoflames on the ground, on dirt, surrounding the block where the Crate will drop the coal. I put a hopper on top and put my coal in. But nothing happens. All the coal spills onto the ground but the Endoflames don't use any of it. I get no mana production. When I remove the hopper and the crate, the Endoflames work just fine when I throw coal onto the middle block. What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like your endoflames are out of range of a mana spreader or something.

Willcheat

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, just a heads up, the startserver.bat in the latest server download install is incorrect. The bat is pointing to the wrong jar (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272-universal.jar instead of forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277-universal.jar) and "XX: PermSize" is written with a lowercase p, which java really doesn't like (I added the space between the : and P so as not to make a smiley).

Easily fixed issues, but they can make some people (I'm included here) pull their hair out trying to figure what's wrong

Aaand also the mods for the server aren't up to date with the client, so I'm guessing the server pack isn't a high priority. If it was already said before, sorry :|

Last edited:

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
Your pipes are facing the wrong direction (solid side is input) - you'll need a BC wrench to rotate.
OMG Thank you :3

And such a quick response, man this thread is busy!

Does anyone know if alpha to beta update will mean map reset or..? Does that kind of thing normally happen with alpha to beta updates for packs?

And anyone know if mekanism will get its own quests eventually? (or blood magic and thaumcraft for that matter? xD)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If the endoflames are not picking up combustible items, they are most likely full, and are not linked to a mana speader. Check with the wand to see their status.

It sounds like your endoflames are out of range of a mana spreader or something.

Yep, that was it - I didn't have my Mana Spreader placed down, and didn't realize the Endoflames wouldn't pick up coal until I did so. Thanks. My mana production is much better now with 16 Endoflames instead of 32 Dayblooms. :)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
OMG Thank you :3
And such a quick response, man this thread is busy!
Does anyone know if alpha to beta update will mean map reset or..? Does that kind of thing normally happen with alpha to beta updates for packs?
And anyone know if mekanism will get its own quests eventually? (or blood magic and thaumcraft for that matter? xD)
No probs. :) There will be Thaumcraft quests will be in next version (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikba12l37lq33kr/changelogs.txt?dl=0). So far, updates have not required a map reset.

Reactions: Reverse_Farsight

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Restarting is still a good idea, because there might be a slightly different balance and progression in the new version.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions, i have googled abit and browsed thru the ftb wikis but i can not figure it out after reading the lexicana either.

1: How do you charge mana tablets ? The book/wiki says to drop it in the mana pool and right click it, but whatever i try nothing happens. Do i just need to wait longer ?

2: For the life of me i can not figure out how my manasteel weapons and armor all regenerated to full after sitting in my safe house overnight (i was growing crops afk). I have no mana sources nearby as my hut is over the ocean.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Two questions, i have googled abit and browsed thru the ftb wikis but i can not figure it out after reading the lexicana either.

1: How do you charge mana tablets ? The book/wiki says to drop it in the mana pool and right click it, but whatever i try nothing happens. Do i just need to wait longer ?

2: For the life of me i can not figure out how my manasteel weapons and armor all regenerated to full after sitting in my safe house overnight (i was growing crops afk). I have no mana sources nearby as my hut is over the ocean.

Sneak-right-click the pool with the wand of the forest, while the tablet is floating above the pool. That switches the pool between sparing (emptying) and accepting (filling) mana from the tablet.

Manasteel recharges when you have a tablet with some mana in your inventory.

Rathburn

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I am needing some help here. I am looking to get a better pickax and right now the best I have is a survivalist pickax which helped me get to thaumium level mining on the reclamation quest. Do I need to use thaumcraft or Botania to get a better pick or am I missing something?

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I am needing some help here. I am looking to get a better pickax and right now the best I have is a survivalist pickax which helped me get to thaumium level mining on the reclamation quest. Do I need to use thaumcraft or Botania to get a better pick or am I missing something?

Tinker's Construct is the main tool progression route. But some higher level picks can come from other sources also (like the Terrashatterer.) From what I can see you need TC for the highest levels though. Not there yet, so could be wrong. I'm using a steel pick at present. The steel comes from Railcraft blast furnace and the pick is them made using smeltery.

You need to jump around in the quests to advance across the board to a large degree. Some quests don't even show up until others in other lines are complete.

And make sure you are aware there is a scroll bar in the quest book. I played a while before I spotted it.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Sneak-right-click the pool with the wand of the forest, while the tablet is floating above the pool. That switches the pool between sparing (emptying) and accepting (filling) mana from the tablet.

Manasteel recharges when you have a tablet with some mana in your inventory.

Thank you, and that also solved another question i had. I was wondering how the mana tablet went empty.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I find Botania to be the easiest path, the Terra Shatterer gets you up through the next few mining levels. Complete progression list here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt?dl=0

Reactions: JustHeyo

Rathburn

Jul 29, 2019
Tinker's Construct is the main tool progression route. But some higher level picks can come from other sources also (like the Terrashatterer.) From what I can see you need TC for the highest levels though. Not there yet, so could be wrong. I'm using a steel pick at present. The steel comes from Railcraft blast furnace and the pick is them made using smeltery.

You need to jump around in the quests to advance across the board to a large degree. Some quests don't even show up until others in other lines are complete.

And make sure you are aware there is a scroll bar in the quest book. I played a while before I spotted it.
AH! Thank you very much.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
So I am excited about 0.7 update (like I think everyone is). I've noticed that some people have said they are planning on restarting. And generally, with mod packs like this, that's what I like to do too. Every time there's a major update, I restart. But for the life of me I can't imagine restarting this mod pack, ever, because of Agricraft and plant maturation (getting 10/10/10 in a plant). It takes FOREVER. It's a MASSIVE time sink, and I know it's a personal choice, but I MUST have my plants at 10/10/10.

So, I know it's "cheating," but anyway to mess with configs and make plants spread faster (not mutate into new plants faster) or "level up" with more regularity/consistency (if that makes sense...tired of planting a 10/6/10 plant, letting it grow 30 times only to get 10 10/8/10 plants as my best outcome) or both (preferably both)? I checked the Agricraft configs, and there SEEMS to be a place that dictates mutation speed and chance, but changing these values seems to have little to no effect (actually, it feels like things spread slower/"level up" less no matter what value I put in the config, aka messing with the config "broke" something, but I think that's just confirmation bias). So yeah, anyone know what I'm missing?

And if there's not a good way to go about this, how are you people who are planning on restarting planning on dealing with this? Do you just ignore that part of the game? Have MASSIVE "leveling up" farmland spaces? Pump in TONS of water for the sprinkler system (which I found to be horribly annoying and ineffective). Any general tips would be very much appreciated.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
So I am excited about 0.7 update (like I think everyone is). I've noticed that some people have said they are planning on restarting. And generally, with mod packs like this, that's what I like to do too. Every time there's a major update, I restart. But for the life of me I can't imagine restarting this mod pack, ever, because of Agricraft and plant maturation (getting 10/10/10 in a plant). It takes FOREVER. It's a MASSIVE time sink, and I know it's a personal choice, but I MUST have my plants at 10/10/10.

So, I know it's "cheating," but anyway to mess with configs and make plants spread faster (not mutate into new plants faster) or "level up" with more regularity/consistency (if that makes sense...tired of planting a 10/6/10 plant, letting it grow 30 times only to get 10 10/8/10 plants as my best outcome) or both (preferably both)? I checked the Agricraft configs, and there SEEMS to be a place that dictates mutation speed and chance, but changing these values seems to have little to no effect (actually, it feels like things spread slower/"level up" less no matter what value I put in the config, aka messing with the config "broke" something, but I think that's just confirmation bias). So yeah, anyone know what I'm missing?

And if there's not a good way to go about this, how are you people who are planning on restarting planning on dealing with this? Do you just ignore that part of the game? Have MASSIVE "leveling up" farmland spaces? Pump in TONS of water for the sprinkler system (which I found to be horribly annoying and ineffective). Any general tips would be very much appreciated.
if you want to sort of cheat the 10/10/10 which sounds like you do if your going to mess with configs download torcherino and the torch will instantly grow the crops and spread almost instantly so you can get your 10/10/10s and then just remove the torch from the world and be on your way :)

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019

If you're finding the sprinkler system ineffective, something is not right in your setup. It's amazing how much it boosts growth. I finish one harvest of a 1x7 row and almost before I'm done one of the plants is mature again.

I plan to grow all my seeds to 10-10-10 again, even if it's going to take a bit longer. But after what I learned this time though, I can do it a lot more hands off.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is, with 0.7, it's going to be even harder to increase the stats, which I am actually excited for. :) I've restarted this pack a dozen times because I really enjoy trying different methods of increasing the seeds. I haven't found it needs to be that much of a time sink, just set it and forget it. Bone meal and the magical fertilizer keep me stocked early.
I don't have that need to get to 10/10/10.. just x/10/y -- I only care about the drops -- and I don't need it the moment I get the crops. I try to time it so that I get the new seeds as quick as possible, start them going, and continue doing the quests that required the last batch of crops. I have a smallish area where I do my crop breeding using sprinklers and just manually fill those with buckets when needed, rotating them out as they complete. Then I have a few gardens - botania flowers, standard plants, and magical plants - with just a single crop of each type, and a few other 3x3s for those crops I need a lot of.
The sprinklers are definitely effective (hoping they are better behaved in the next version), and the Agricarnation is available pretty early if you'd rather get your growth that way.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
So I need to bump up my mana production but I'm a Botania noob. I have tons of coal from my Magical Plants so I'd like to get my Endoflames working, but the Open Crate doesn't seem to work for me? I placed a block on the ground, then put the Open Crate on top and broke the block so the Crate is up in the air and can drop coal onto the ground. Then I put 4 Endoflames on the ground, on dirt, surrounding the block where the Crate will drop the coal. I put a hopper on top and put my coal in. But nothing happens. All the coal spills onto the ground but the Endoflames don't use any of it. I get no mana production. When I remove the hopper and the crate, the Endoflames work just fine when I throw coal onto the middle block. What am I doing wrong?
Try raising the open barrel up by a block or two, I had the same issue once and for some reason when the barrel was too close to the ground its drops weren't registered by my endoflames, might solve your problem too.

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how much of a change .7 will make to raising stats but all you really need is a single 10/10/x crop to cross breed with. I took nearly 20 seeds to 10/10/10 from 1/1/1 before I realized I could cross bread them with the stuff I already had a lot faster. Instead of getting one or two stat increases per breed they went 1/1/1 -> 6/6/6 -> 8/8/8 or 9/9/9 -> 10/10/10 so 4 to 5 generations instead of the 30+ and the results were the same every time with all the stats going up at the same time. As long as that doesn't change, it might be harder to get your first 10/10/x crop but after that it is cake. I plan to start over, the balance changes in the change log are pretty extensive and my world seed is garbage to begin with so it gives me a good excuse to find a new one.

Last edited: