[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing this pack for about a month now and i am just loving it. Took me about a week to read the entire thread :D

I remember people talking about wanting to destroy stuff but needing the void bags or void chests. Yesterday i found a much easier and simplier method and wondering if it was supposed to work that way. Cactus will still destroy items on contact.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing this pack for about a month now and i am just loving it. Took me about a week to read the entire thread :D

I remember people talking about wanting to destroy stuff but needing the void bags or void chests. Yesterday i found a much easier and simplier method and wondering if it was supposed to work that way. Cactus will still destroy items on contact.

I always found a wooden pipe attached to a void pipe worked fine, people forget the simple stuff sometimes.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have ran into a bug with part of the crucible furnace just vanishing, only the bottom half. When i replace it the whole game crashes. I have smelted iron and seared stone with it, however this seems to be happening when trying to smelt gold ore in it as far as I have seen.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Nevermind, I did a search and didn't realize you can actually plant the Witchery saplings and harvest the wood from them. LOL I was wondering about that - I guess I don't need to keep using Mutandis on tallgrass to get my Witchery saplings. And omg I almost died, some huge tree started attacking me while I was typing this. LOL

Trying to make a Witchery Altar, recipe calls for Rowan Wood and NEI shows that is made by cooking coal in a Witches Oven, but when I try to do so, nothing happens. Is the recipe really "coal->Rowan Wood" or is that an error?

Last edited:

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have ran into a bug with part of the crucible furnace just vanishing, only the bottom half. When i replace it the whole game crashes. I have smelted iron and seared stone with it, however this seems to be happening when trying to smelt gold ore in it as far as I have seen.

It's not gold ore. It's something else. And it's been mentioned plenty of times :p. Fixed in 0.7.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make a Witchery Altar, recipe calls for Rowan Wood and NEI shows that is made by cooking coal in a Witches Oven, but when I try to do so, nothing happens. Is the recipe really "coal->Rowan Wood" or is that an error?
You need to use mutandis on grass to get the Rowan sapling and grow that for the wood.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use mutandis on grass to get the Rowan sapling and grow that for the wood.

Edit: Ah crap, nevermind, I missed the part about placing the plate on top of a grid of Lapis and Livingrock.

Okay got it, thanks. How do I make Terrasteel? It said throw three items onto a Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate which I did, and the mana started flowing into it, but I think my three items despawned before it finished? Do I need to use multiple pools of mana with mana spreaders so the process doesn't take over 5 minutes and my items don't despawn? That sux if so, but I need to know. The book says "multiple sparks will make it go faster" but what are sparks?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Okay got it, thanks. How do I make Terrasteel? It said throw three items onto a Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate which I did, and the mana started flowing into it, but I think my three items despawned before it finished? Do I need to use multiple pools of mana with mana spreaders so the process doesn't take over 5 minutes and my items don't despawn? That sux if so, but I need to know.
Terrasteel creation takes about half a mana pool's worth of mana to happen. If you haven't already and you have the materials, you should make Sparks to link the plate and pool(s) instead of Spreaders (spark placed over pool(s) and over the plate itself). Also keep in mind that those full Mana Tablets you're getting from the quests each represent half a mana pool each, so if you haven't dumped those in they're an ideal way to get enough to do an ingot worth each.

Reactions: JustHeyo

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Okay got it, thanks. How do I make Terrasteel? It said throw three items onto a Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate which I did, and the mana started flowing into it, but I think my three items despawned before it finished? Do I need to use multiple pools of mana with mana spreaders so the process doesn't take over 5 minutes and my items don't despawn? That sux if so, but I need to know.
Sparks are much easier. Look them up in the Lexica Botania

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I need to bump up my mana production but I'm a Botania noob. I have tons of coal from my Magical Plants so I'd like to get my Endoflames working, but the Open Crate doesn't seem to work for me? I placed a block on the ground, then put the Open Crate on top and broke the block so the Crate is up in the air and can drop coal onto the ground. Then I put 4 Endoflames on the ground, on dirt, surrounding the block where the Crate will drop the coal. I put a hopper on top and put my coal in. But nothing happens. All the coal spills onto the ground but the Endoflames don't use any of it. I get no mana production. When I remove the hopper and the crate, the Endoflames work just fine when I throw coal onto the middle block. What am I doing wrong?

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I do to get my endoflames working, you can't see the redstone torch under the wood on the side of the block with the pressure plate on it in the screenshot. Basically it keeps two coal on the ground for my endoflames and they use it faster than it can despawn.
2015-03-14_16.49.10.png
2015-03-14_16.56.19.png

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I do to get my endoflames working, you can't see the redstone torch under the wood on the side of the block with the pressure plate on it in the screenshot. Basically it keeps two coal on the ground for my endoflames and they use it faster than it can despawn.

Yeah that's very nice, thanks! I see we don't have Timers from ProjectRed in this modpack, so "old school" is back in style!

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I've been messing with a hopperhock driven endoflame setup. Not positive it doesn't have some despawning happening, but haven't seen any so far.

Setup similar to above in principle, except the timing is just the hopperhock circuit. I put a barrel on top of the hopper which feeds into an open crate one above the ground. I usually have the hopper adjacent to the crate to keep things compact. Then the hopperhock (I now use a floating one, but a dirt block founded one works fine) is adjacent to the barrel which is 3 block up from the ground level. The mana spreader goes in front of the crate one above the ground. Then endoflames go below. Can control how much mana is being produced (up until you saturate the spreader) by how many endoflames you put below. Using 9 (which is a lot for most applications) means a 3x3 footprint (I put first right where the fuel drops, then surround that one with more) for a total 3x3x3 space.

Only issue with this is the hopperhock may suck up other things in the area interfering with other automation. Or if you walk to close you may suck up a stack of fuel. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
I just got interested again in modded minecraft and put my eyes on this pack. So far it looks interesting to give it a try but I got one small question before I start out and create a world. I see this pack uses infinite water found in CodeChickenCore.cfg config file. I always play with finite water enabled in any pack when possible so here I am asking if this is doable or not until blood magic's water ritual is available or if I should just stick to infinite water?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
So I need to bump up my mana production but I'm a Botania noob. I have tons of coal from my Magical Plants so I'd like to get my Endoflames working, but the Open Crate doesn't seem to work for me? I placed a block on the ground, then put the Open Crate on top and broke the block so the Crate is up in the air and can drop coal onto the ground. Then I put 4 Endoflames on the ground, on dirt, surrounding the block where the Crate will drop the coal. I put a hopper on top and put my coal in. But nothing happens. All the coal spills onto the ground but the Endoflames don't use any of it. I get no mana production. When I remove the hopper and the crate, the Endoflames work just fine when I throw coal onto the middle block. What am I doing wrong?

If the endoflames are not picking up combustible items, they are most likely full, and are not linked to a mana speader. Check with the wand to see their status.