[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Theotargon

Jul 29, 2019
Any hints for getting the witchery alter to 8000 in order to bind a familiar?

Got filled chalice, candelabra and wither skull already...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In the spirit of sharing base builds, here's mine. Very early game, just about to get into botania rune crafting now that I have a steady, slow supply of ores now.

2015-03-13_22.06.38.png 2015-03-13_22.06.49.png 2015-03-13_22.07.15.png

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
Placing machines directly next to the generator works correctly. But mek and buildcraft pipes don't seem to work properly. Probably because the generator isn't an IEnergyProvider. Because it doesn't have an internal buffer. Machines and EnderIO Pipes(though not helpful with this pack). Accept the energy just fine. Pipes just seem to require more than just pushing power to them... Mek ones don't even connect... At least buildcraft ones respect IEnergyConnection.

I guess way around this. Is to make one of my custom rf blocks. (They store 6k rf, as well as passing it to neighbouring blocks, so can work like pipes :p). Place that next to the generator. Then extract the energy from that block. Although if you're at the mek stage you can just use the energy cubes to do the same thing. My custom blocks are just easier energy storage :p. (Maybe too easy, now that I think about it xD)

(Doing that worked for me)
This helps, thanks. I'm hoping I have the resources to make those blocks. I went with this method of power gen because there's no easy way to get lava, oil requires diamonds to refine and I have yet to come up with a way to get any way to get perma water into a steam engine. Well that and I like building it rather than just hooking pipes up to a block.

therodet

Jul 29, 2019
So, I decided to get started on Blood magic, and got up to my tier two altar before realizing that, unless there's a means I'm not familiar with, there's no way to automate filling my blood network beyond staying in range of the vanilla spawners I captured. Is there perhaps a means I've missed?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all. I currently can't use hydroangeas, even in groups of two when it isn't raining, because they absorb water faster than a 2x2 pool can replenish itself. Is this intended, and if not, did something increase the tick speed they normally use or something?

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
So, I decided to get started on Blood magic, and got up to my tier two altar before realizing that, unless there's a means I'm not familiar with, there's no way to automate filling my blood network beyond staying in range of the vanilla spawners I captured. Is there perhaps a means I've missed?
Botania has a way to make spawners work even when you aren't nearby. I haven't tried it yet though so can't say how difficult it is to do.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all. I currently can't use hydroangeas, even in groups of two when it isn't raining, because they absorb water faster than a 2x2 pool can replenish itself. Is this intended, and if not, did something increase the tick speed they normally use or something?
in the lexica it tells you to do it in a 3x3 pool :) and place 4 hydranges in the corners

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Botania flowers also work, as do trees.

Also oh my god trying to keep track of this thread.... its mission impossible at times!
I find various trees helped the most for me. But in general every different type of plant you can place is going to help.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

If you've opened up the elven portal from botania and got some pixie dust then you can use a 'player's head' instead of the wither/skeleton skull.

Saw the method on one of @PurpleMentat's vids - put the following on a runic altar (I think it needs the alchemical catalyst but not 100% on that):

• one pixie dust
  • a skeleton skull
  • a golden apple
  • a name tag given a player's name (on a vanilla anvil) - I used my own name since I'm in singleplayer
  • EDIT: One prismarine shard

Anyway, I got my altar over 8000, and it was less than 7000 with the Wither skull.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

One thing I saw one of the Yogscast do was to make a subterranean garden directly underneath the altar, with a couple levels of witchery plants. Helped with my DW20 altar immensely.