[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Hikaru-Takemori

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something special required to craft essentia buffers? I have the items in the Arcane Worktable according to both NEI and the Thaumonomicon, and I do have the research required.

Have you checked if your wand has enough vis stored to craft it? It needs to be crafted in an arcane worktable with at least 5 of aqua and ordo vis stored up. Assuming you have an iron caped wooden wand you will need 5.5 of each vis.

Last edited:

Iperithon

Jul 29, 2019
Has there been any solutions yet to the Another Side, Another Story quest? (the Lexicon Botania book quest for alfheim portal)

Still bothers me that I cannot complete it and I have tried many different methods to try and solve it. still no result.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Has there been any solutions yet to the Another Side, Another Story quest? (the Lexicon Botania book quest for alfheim portal)

Still bothers me that I cannot complete it and I have tried many different methods to try and solve it. still no result.

Just got to this part myself. Seems in v91 it is looking for the wrong book. I just used the op'd book to complete the quest and move on. Tried everything i could think of to get it to register.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
As far as i remeber this alfheim book bug was solved like this: recreat a normal book, and throw it into the portal without using it?
I know i solved this issue without cheating another book in or using the HQM, but i cannot remember properly.
Edit: Aw... wait, i think this solved the issue of the portal not accepting the normal book ...

F

Folklore

As far as i remeber this alfheim book bug was solved like this: recreat a normal book, and throw it into the portal without using it?
I know i solved this issue without cheating another book in or using the HQM, but i cannot remember properly.
Edit: Aw... wait, i think this solved the issue of the portal not accepting the normal book ...

Making a new book and throwing it in the portal won't fix the issue.

02JanDal

Jul 29, 2019
Have you checked if your wand has enough vis stored to craft it? It needs to be crafted in an arcane worktable with at least 5 of aqua and ordo vis stored up. Assuming you have an iron caped wooden wand you will need 5.5 of each vis.
It's not showing up at all, not even the half flashing that's usually there if you don't have enough vis.
XsWESbr.png

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
It's not showing up at all, not even the half flashing that's usually there if you don't have enough vis.
XsWESbr.png
are you using the right tubes?
the recipe calls for one restricted and two normal tubes, but the textures are almost the same.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered my favorite fix/update in this modpack.

Let me start with echoing the above appreciation for reduced rune creation in botania... almost feels like cheating now... LOVE it!!!

But, better still, the change to Thaumcraft... you can pick up your Thaumometer and just mouse over items in any inventory to scan them!!!! No more tossing things on the ground to scan!!!

In case you want/need/can use:
1- At the Research Table:

Aqua + Terra — Victus
Air + Aqua — Tempestas

2- Scan in order:

Torch -- Lux
Coal, Coal Ore -- Potenia
Grass Block -- Herba
Trapdoor -- Motus & Arbor
Chest, Bowl -- Vacuos
Glass Block -- Vitreus
Potion of weakness -- Mortuus & Praecantatio
or alternatively:
Research: (Victus + Perditio) -- Mortuus
Any Shard, Mossy Cobble, Chiseled Sandst. -- Praecantatio
Chicken -- Volatus & Bestia
Soul Sand -- Spiritus & Vinculum
or if you not have been to the nether yet:
Skeleton Skull, Zombie Head -- Spiritus
Amber -- Vinculum
Paper -- Cognito
Rotten Flesh -- Humanus & Corpus
Wheat, Bread, Apple, Carrot, Potato -- Fames & Messis
Flint -- Instrumentum
Obsidian -- Tenebrae

3- Scan in any order:

Any one block tall vanilla Flower -- Sensus
Wool -- Fabrico & Pannus
Spider Eye -- Venenum (and also Sensus)
Snow, Ice -- Gelum
Milk Bucket -- Sano
Any Hoe -- Meto
Any Pickaxe -- Perfodio
Arrow -- Telum
Leather, any Armor -- Tutamen
Hopper, Cinnabar Ore (has also Venenum) -- Permutatio
Fence Gate -- Machina & Iter
Iron Ingot, Iron Ore -- Metallum
Gold -- Lucrum
Zombie, Skellington -- Exanimis
Ender Pearl, Blaze , Obsidian Totem -- Alienis
Slimeball -- Limus
Tainted Goo -- Vitium (and also Limus)
Ethereal Essence (any Aspect) -- Auram

Philotelli

Jul 29, 2019
Burned through about 3 stacks of mutandis trying to get Ember Moss, am I just being unlucky, or is there a better way?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Burned through about 3 stacks of mutandis trying to get Ember Moss, am I just being unlucky, or is there a better way?
Nope.. you're doing it right, but one bit of advice, keep anything that looks different and all saplings, Bonemeal is cheap and its easy to grow new tall grass, but you never know what you will need later on.

I went through 4-5 stacks myself for glintweed,

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Weird, This morning I rebooted my OSx machine (for another reason) and now I can not run Regrowth.

... a New Java Nightmare...

Any hints out there to get me rolling? I tried 7u79 and apparently there is something missing from that, and 8 is not supported for OSx at all...

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered my favorite fix/update in this modpack.

Let me start with echoing the above appreciation for reduced rune creation in botania... almost feels like cheating now... LOVE it!!!

But, better still, the change to Thaumcraft... you can pick up your Thaumometer and just mouse over items in any inventory to scan them!!!! No more tossing things on the ground to scan!!!

In case you want/need/can use:
1- At the Research Table:

Aqua + Terra — Victus
Air + Aqua — Tempestas

2- Scan in order:

Torch -- Lux
Coal, Coal Ore -- Potenia
Grass Block -- Herba
Trapdoor -- Motus & Arbor
Chest, Bowl -- Vacuos
Glass Block -- Vitreus
Potion of weakness -- Mortuus & Praecantatio
or alternatively:
Research: (Victus + Perditio) -- Mortuus
Any Shard, Mossy Cobble, Chiseled Sandst. -- Praecantatio
Chicken -- Volatus & Bestia
Soul Sand -- Spiritus & Vinculum
or if you not have been to the nether yet:
Skeleton Skull, Zombie Head -- Spiritus
Amber -- Vinculum
Paper -- Cognito
Rotten Flesh -- Humanus & Corpus
Wheat, Bread, Apple, Carrot, Potato -- Fames & Messis
Flint -- Instrumentum
Obsidian -- Tenebrae

3- Scan in any order:

Any one block tall vanilla Flower -- Sensus
Wool -- Fabrico & Pannus
Spider Eye -- Venenum (and also Sensus)
Snow, Ice -- Gelum
Milk Bucket -- Sano
Any Hoe -- Meto
Any Pickaxe -- Perfodio
Arrow -- Telum
Leather, any Armor -- Tutamen
Hopper, Cinnabar Ore (has also Venenum) -- Permutatio
Fence Gate -- Machina & Iter
Iron Ingot, Iron Ore -- Metallum
Gold -- Lucrum
Zombie, Skellington -- Exanimis
Ender Pearl, Blaze , Obsidian Totem -- Alienis
Slimeball -- Limus
Tainted Goo -- Vitium (and also Limus)
Ethereal Essence (any Aspect) -- Auram
By the Great, Greasy, Grey-Green Limpopo River, that thaumcraft thing is slick as oil! The dragon was shocked, shocked, I tell you, by the amount of things he hadn't scanned. It doesn't seem to like Compartments for some reason, though.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Is by Oracle, not by Minecraft... I tried the latest and it barfed when I tried to launch it.

Unless I did something wrong... I'll try again later if I find time... It's only my test machine after all... not a crisis.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
By the Great, Greasy, Grey-Green Limpopo River, that thaumcraft thing is slick as oil! The dragon was shocked, shocked, I tell you, by the amount of things he hadn't scanned. It doesn't seem to like Compartments for some reason, though.
There is lots you can't scan, but Yes, it's a great addition to that mod that removes the one MAJOR drudgery that I despised.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is there something special required to craft essentia buffers? I have the items in the Arcane Worktable according to both NEI and the Thaumonomicon, and I do have the research required.

Also is there some easier way than running around the word looking for Hobgoblins to get the Kobdolite Ingot?

There is a quest that requires crafting a hobgoblin spawn egg. That should save you some running around.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
HIm just started to play this pack wit ha friend. We set up brand new server for it but in the config file we found "spawn-monsters=false" Now we are not sure if thats how its supposed to be cause mob drops will give us items that we are not suposed to have, or if we derped with the config file.
Are hostile-Mob spawns disabled until we reach a cetrain quest?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I think that may be in regards to the 'special mobs' that drop loot bags. Those were disabled intentionally because the loot bags broke the progression. The regular mobs should still spawn normally.