[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Oldschool vanilla trick: place a door down on the seabed and stand in the air bubble it creates to work at the bottom of the sea without worrying about air.

I used fence posts in my first playthrough - a little cheaper than doors.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest, most "set and forget" solution seems to be the solid fuel boiler with a bunch of steam engines. For infinite lava, melt fire essences in a crucible furnace. You can pipe it out to the furnace's own lava tank and then to heat generators, pretty much creating a self sustaining system after the initial kick-start.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
2016-01-22_20.05.59.png
Mua. MUAHAHAHA! I will rule the world!

Reactions: OniyaMCD
X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Ooooh it's a new update with academycraft! *snags computer to restart world*

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
From my earlier playing on Regrowth, you were meant to breed the mystical flower seeds. On a server I play on, people are now getting them from breaking grass that they have bone mealed. Is this intended? I was pretty sure you are meant to crossbreed them, not get them as a drop from grass.
You can... but there is a reason you get floral fertaliser from long/dead grass. You also do need full flowers for some things (like floating flowers or the lexica botania). Personally I usually automate a Jaded Amarathus quite quickly. That gets me plenty of mystical flowers.

F

Folklore

From my earlier playing on Regrowth, you were meant to breed the mystical flower seeds. On a server I play on, people are now getting them from breaking grass that they have bone mealed. Is this intended? I was pretty sure you are meant to crossbreed them, not get them as a drop from grass.

That doesn't sound right. What should happen is they can randomly show up if you use floral fertilizer on grass. Odds of that happening are fairly low, though, and odds of getting the flower you want are even lower.

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
That doesn't sound right. What should happen is they can randomly show up if you use floral fertilizer on grass. Odds of that happening are fairly low, though, and odds of getting the flower you want are even lower.
Might as well mention my starting experience for that flower thing. One of the first objectives had me search through dead grass for floral fertilizer and pasture seeds. I used that on a patch of dirt (hand-placed) to get some mystical flowers for starting up with Botania. Guess the questline kinda changed? The spawn rate for those weren't too bad either: 4~6 per use and ended with all 16 colors after around 20 fertilizers.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The odds are 100% you'll get about 3-4 flowers of random types. Thus it's a net postive in flowers to make it with floral powder.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to calculate how many Coke Ovens I'll need to maintain a 3x3x4 Solid Fueled Boiler? Right now I have 16 coke ovens working around the clock and it's still not able to keep up without much the boiler consumes. Holy smokes.

Kazeodori

Jul 29, 2019
You can... but there is a reason you get floral fertaliser from long/dead grass. You also do need full flowers for some things (like floating flowers or the lexica botania). Personally I usually automate a Jaded Amarathus quite quickly. That gets me plenty of mystical flowers.

I think you're misunderstanding... The issue is not with flowers appearing, but the actual SEEDS for the flowers showing up as drops from breaking grass.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Me and my brother are having problems getting the infused incense stick from botania to be recognized for the quest. He tried doing the quest on his SP 0.9.1 world. I tried doing the same quest in the same world but moved to a online server.

We also can't get the Alfheim portal quest completed. The alfheim knowledge book isn't being detected. I have seen this is a known issue on this version so haven't reported it until now.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Me and my brother are having problems getting the infused incense stick from botania to be recognized for the quest.

You need to make sure you make the right one. I haven't gotten this far in v9, but in previous versions you had to make sure you made the right one (the color matches up in NEI).

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
You need to make sure you make the right one. I haven't gotten this far in v9, but in previous versions you had to make sure you made the right one (the color matches up in NEI).
I thought that might be it. I can't tell which one it is at all. I tried two of the different sticks so far and haven't gotten it right. Might come back to it later.