[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

F

Folklore

I am new to FTB in general and HQM. So far I am having a blast except for getting my first mandrake. Is it me or is the RNG on it savage? I spent three hours trying to crossbreed it and so far all I have is close to a double chest full of different potato- and belladonna seeds. I set up four crossbreeding setups just to get mandrake (two of them straight, two of them square) with mature plants and bathed in light.

Can't seem to do any other quests either. And it such a big difference compared to the sugar cane, which took less than five minutes. Am I maybe just really really ridiculously unlucky?

M

Menion

I am trying to progress through the initial crops in game and there does not seem to be a cross breeding recipe in NEI for Nature Seeds. I have tried to cross essence seeds and sugarcane several times and keep getting essence seeds. This is for the Natural Nuances quest in version 0.9.0.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Been gone a while and decided to give it a re-kick! Love all the tweaks and changes so far... however, is the Traveler's belt now disabled? Or am I just having issues...

Psygantic

Jul 29, 2019
Mutation and soil problems are probably caused by the script typo in 0.9.0. You might be able to revert to 0.8.8, but fixing the problem is pretty easy:

In the minecraft/scripts folder, open agricraft.zs. Add a comma to the end of line 194 so it reads "seedCinnabar," instead of "seedCinnabar". That's it.

Reactions: Folklore

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I am trying to get the Imag seeds. I have a 10:10:10 Osmium seed in the Metallurgic infuser and 1000 diamond in the reserve and nothing is occurring.
Might have to make sure to use fresh, unscanned osmium seeds. Not sure if I can do anything about that.

I seem to be having problems with mutations with 0.9.0, NEI shows no recipe for nature seeds or cotton seeds

I was trying to grow Shimmerleaf seeds, but couldn't get them to 'work'. Tried all sorts of soil, including the podzol: no, 'this plant can not grow here'. Finally decided to plant them next to a silverwood tree. And that was the trick. Hope someone else can benefit from this.

Yep, same here. Probably a typo or something in the configs.

All of this is a result of the missing comma in the agricraft.zs script file. You can either manually add the comma as per @Psygantic's post above, or download a fixed copy of the script in the link from my tweet here (click for link) and replace the one in your /minecraft/scripts folder.

Been gone a while and decided to give it a re-kick! Love all the tweaks and changes so far... however, is the Traveler's belt now disabled? Or am I just having issues...
Have you got mana on you? The sash got changed a while ago to consume mana now.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
(Regrowth 0.8.6)
I can't seem to infuse an incense with a potion. We have the right potion for "Smells like Power" step 2, but we must be doing it wrong.

We put the incense on the top of the botanical brewery, then what? We cant seem to add the potion, we just keep trying to drink it.

What am I doing wrong? I know that in earlier versions, 0.8.0, there was a detection error, but we cant even make the item that wasn't being detected right.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
(Regrowth 0.8.6)
I can't seem to infuse an incense with a potion. We have the right potion for "Smells like Power" step 2, but we must be doing it wrong.

We put the incense on the top of the botanical brewery, then what? We cant seem to add the potion, we just keep trying to drink it.

What am I doing wrong? I know that in earlier versions, 0.8.0, there was a detection error, but we cant even make the item that wasn't being detected right.
Treat the incense stick as the vial, so you put the ingredients for the brew on the brewery with it, not a completed potion.

ctholm

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed that in the latest recommended version I am not able to add glowstone to a carpenters block.
After manually updating carpenters from 3.3.8 dev r6 to 3.3.8 dev r7, this is fixed.

F

Frysning

It's more reliable to use a pure daisy to turn water into snow blocks - just place water in the corners of the pure daisy work area and they'll turn into snow blocks.

Ow I did not know that. Thanks for the tip!

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
on pack ver 8.8

the Jabba dolly doesn't carry Improved chests (From enhanced inventories) but it carries drawers just fine.
I wanna suggest adding the mod Inventory Tools http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/235172-inventory-tools to add a dolly that can properly pick up all the storage alternatives.

Also the version of Chisel (Chisel 2) is outdated (abandoned) and bugged (auto chisel is broken). I suggest switching to the new Chisel (which is backwards compatible with Chisel 2) http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/chisel

Minor fixes but I'm sure it would make the experience of playing regrowth just a bit less frustrating ^^

Loving the quests and having a blast playing this!
The cardboard box will pick up improved chests and pretty much every other block in the game. You will need to get at least a forestry carpenter to make one, though AFAIK (needs 4 x sawdust).

Reactions: Sungak and An0nymuS
F

Folklore

Mutation and soil problems are probably caused by the script typo in 0.9.0. You might be able to revert to 0.8.8, but fixing the problem is pretty easy:

In the minecraft/scripts folder, open agricraft.zs. Add a comma to the end of line 194 so it reads "seedCinnabar," instead of "seedCinnabar". That's it.

Big thanks for that! Had mandrake almost immediately after doing this.

Does using artichoke for crossbreeding still work in 0.9.0? The questbook says I need to plant artichoke in water pads but the game won't let me, not even with cropsticks added to the water pad. It will only let me plant it on a water tile.

R

Ramzicmain

Dear Phoenix,

Great work on Regrowth! I've thoroughly enjoyed it in SSP. Questing is such a joy. I have run into errors with creating a server to share this game with my friends; could you help me take a look at this? What happens is that the serverstart.bat's CMD runs, and then asks for a "Press any button to continue" and ceases. I can't create a server ); Thank you for your help!

Best wishes,
Ramzicmain.

Attachments

• crash-2016-01-11_21.36.08-server.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 87

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Phoenix,

Great work on Regrowth! I've thoroughly enjoyed it in SSP. Questing is such a joy. I have run into errors with creating a server to share this game with my friends; could you help me take a look at this? What happens is that the serverstart.bat's CMD runs, and then asks for a "Press any button to continue" and ceases. I can't create a server ); Thank you for your help!

Best wishes,
Ramzicmain.
you might need
"-XX: PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M " added to your server startup script , note remove the space between : and P added it so it wouldn't smile at me

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Dear Phoenix,

Best wishes,
Ramzicmain.
That's a problem with AcademyCraft which in 0.9.0 just doesn't work on a server. Wait for 0.9.1 which @thephoenixlodge tweeted should be out tomorrow, problems permitted, or stick to 0.8.8 for now.

R

Ramzicmain

Dear Rjwboys,

Thanks for the help! I tried what you said, but I got another error. Perhaps this is the wrong method? OTZ darmnn~ >.>

Best wishes,
Ramzicmain.

p.s. Someone please help me!

Edit: Desht! Damn ;_; Alright, I'll just have to wait then. ^.^ Thanks for the information. Do I switch the launcher to 0.8.8 and click Download Server then?

Attachments

• crash-2016-01-11_22.38.28-server.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 80

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Thought I'd share my automated Botania TNT mana generator...

2016-01-11_14.33.31.png

Fairly straightforward:
  • 10/10/10 magical crops in the alcove at the back: 24 creeper soul seeds, 4 fire essence & 4 earth essence.
  • Straw Golem with harvest core in the alcove, the paving stones of warding ensure he doesn't wander off.
  • Floating hopperhock inserts crops into the 2x2 buffer drawer.
  • Beside the drawer are auto-assemblers to make sand & gunpowder, and a third auto-assembler to make TNT.
  • TNT is piped up into the larger 1x1 drawer (has a void upgrade, no storage upgrades at this point, but likely will)
  • Hopper pulls from drawer into open crate, which drops TNT onto a Rannuncarpus
  • The 3x3 chiseled obsidian is actually the top face of a hollow obsidian 3x3x3 box, and the Rannuncarpus puts the TNT into that. A lever underneath the box ensures the TNT gets primed.
  • 2 floating Entropinnyums absorb the blast; the elven mana spreader with velocity/potency lens pumps into the buffer mana pool (note spark with recessive augment; mana is transferred to main storage above)
  • Automagy magic hourglass sends a negative pulse every 8 seconds, allowing the hopper to feed TNT into the open crate
  • Automagy remote comparator (monitoring the buffer mana pool) will switch off the hopper when it's about 1/4 full, since it's 4 pieces of redcrystal from the hopper.
  • Finally, the floating Solegnolia prevents accidental picking up of the crops or TNT if you're wearing a magnet ring.
With some more Entropinnyums & mana spreaders, it should be possible to reduce the hourglass timer to well below 8 seconds for some seriously fast mana production. Not that this setup is terribly slow; it fills a mana pool in about 20 minutes right now. Edit: yep, with one more elven mana spreader and one of the flowers bound to each spreader, it's running happily at a 4-second interval. Any faster would probably need two TNT's being placed at once.

Last edited:
R

Ramzicmain

Dear Desht,

My friend actually cannot run Regrowth because he has upgraded to Windows 10. Do you know a workaround for that?

Best wishes,
Ramzicmain

EDIT: The server is running! Thank you very much for your help. Also, damn 0.9.0. Ate up a good half of my day. XD

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Dear Desht,
My friend actually cannot run Regrowth because he has upgraded to Windows 10. Do you know a workaround for that?
Sorry can't help you there. I don't do MS operating systems anymore :) Glad 0.8.8 is running for you tho.