[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
:D I'm contemplating a bee-line for Certus bees, but I'm not convinced that will be any faster than following the progression in the book..

I see what you did there... ;)

And to make this post actually useful - Certus Combs first arise in the Spacial Bees, which require the Hermetic line, which means you'll need to luck out and get a Monastic Bee from an Apiarist Villager.

Last edited:
Reactions: rivvest

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I see what you did there... ;)

And to make this post actually useful - Certus Combs first arise in the Spacial Bees, which require the Hermetic line, which means you'll need to luck out and get a Monastic Bee from an Apiarist Villager.
Yup. I think a Loonium and/or an Orechid are probably way faster than that breeding line. Bees and seeds are for chumps!

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Having an issue with Mariculture feeders. Whenever I place something inside that interacts (i.e. male and female fish) the game crashes to main menu. No crash report, just a log error.

Edit: I was using recommended version of forge and then switched to latest. Still crashing with the feeder. This is all the console log says before crashing to main menu.

Jun 22, 2015 12:48:20 PM climateControl.utils.ConfigManager clearWorldFile

INFO: clearing

[12:48:20] [Client thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: VoiceServer: Stopping client connection...

[12:48:20] [Client thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: Finished loading Cardboard Box blacklist (loaded 0 entries)

[12:48:20] [Client thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: Reloaded config.

Last edited:

wyrdness

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if this has been asked for or suggested before, but there are a lot of pages to read through and my eyes started glazing over pretty quickly. Anyway, I was wondering if "crafting" quest steps could be altered so they could be crafted the normal way through quest progression as well as also detecting the existence of the required item/ tool/ seeds in the player inventory and quietly unlock if they're already found.

I ask this because I play on a multiplayer server where "cheating" in quest completion is not really an option, but we've also been experiencing some frequent quest book resets (for whatever reason) and it's very annoying to go back and re-create flint tools/ tool stations/ furnace crucible/ etc. that I've already made and don't need another one of just so I can get to later quests I haven't done yet. It would be a great help for when the modpack updates as well because "detection" quests aren't nearly such a problem once you've got to that point. However I don't know if this is a realistic request or not since I know nothing about coding or the inner-workings of the mods in the pack.

Thanks for your time and I apologise if I missed this suggestion and answer somewhere in the mists of the early thread pages.

Reactions: PippinSmith

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if this has been asked for or suggested before, but there are a lot of pages to read through and my eyes started glazing over pretty quickly. Anyway, I was wondering if "crafting" quest steps could be altered so they could be crafted the normal way through quest progression as well as also detecting the existence of the required item/ tool/ seeds in the player inventory and quietly unlock if they're already found.

I ask this because I play on a multiplayer server where "cheating" in quest completion is not really an option, but we've also been experiencing some frequent quest book resets (for whatever reason) and it's very annoying to go back and re-create flint tools/ tool stations/ furnace crucible/ etc. that I've already made and don't need another one of just so I can get to later quests I haven't done yet. It would be a great help for when the modpack updates as well because "detection" quests aren't nearly such a problem once you've got to that point. However I don't know if this is a realistic request or not since I know nothing about coding or the inner-workings of the mods in the pack.

Thanks for your time and I apologise if I missed this suggestion and answer somewhere in the mists of the early thread pages.
^ I play on the same server and have read the explanation of why this happens (too many players making quest book data by logging on the server, data corrupts because there's a hard-coded limit in HQM -> everything resets)
Even though I really would like this to be a thing, I'm afraid it's not nearly possible to execute as clean as the questbook is now, and would require a ton of extra time to be spent with the not so friendly questbook edit interface.
(believe me, I've tried making a quest modpack, I worked with that edit interface)
The only real option here would be that the mod Devs add a special quest type for this, but that won't happen, because there is a reason for the difference between crafting and detection quests.

tl;dr: I approve of the idea, since I basically ditched the questbook on that server now, but I'm aware that the chances of it happening are too small to hope for.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
^ I play on the same server and have read the explanation of why this happens (too many players making quest book data by logging on the server, data corrupts because there's a hard-coded limit in HQM -> everything resets)
Even though I really would like this to be a thing, I'm afraid it's not nearly possible to execute as clean as the questbook is now, and would require a ton of extra time to be spent with the not so friendly questbook edit interface.
(believe me, I've tried making a quest modpack, I worked with that edit interface)
The only real option here would be that the mod Devs add a special quest type for this, but that won't happen, because there is a reason for the difference between crafting and detection quests.

tl;dr: I approve of the idea, since I basically ditched the questbook on that server now, but I'm aware that the chances of it happening are too small to hope for.
The HQM bug that resets quest progress is a bit more complicated than "too many players". It actually has more to do with some badly written code in how player groups are made and tracked. Someone other than the author made a fix for it somewhere... maybe it's in this thread?

Edit: it was posted in the Blightfall thread over at the minecraft forums. The fix includes other bugfixes!
https://github.com/CannibalVox/NoTimeFix/releases

Last edited:

wyrdness

Jul 29, 2019
Someone other than the author made a fix for it somewhere... maybe it's in this thread?

Edit: it was posted in the Blightfall thread over at the minecraft forums. The fix includes other bugfixes!

Thanks for the link, very much appreciated. I hope this can fix the root of our problems as I'd much prefer an infrequent reset with a modpack update than every 2 weeks or less like we currently have. :)

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
The HQM bug that resets quest progress is a bit more complicated than "too many players". It actually has more to do with some badly written code in how player groups are made and tracked. Someone other than the author made a fix for it somewhere... maybe it's in this thread?

forwarded this to the admins, praying it actually resolves the issue for good, if it does, many thanks to you for knowing about this :)

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have three Redwoods there, or are the two on the right a different species? (At least, I'm fairly sure the one on the left is a Redwood - I could be wrong.)
theyre all the same. the two on the right are just torch'd up all the way to the top.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
When i try to place a fluid cobble pipe on my friend's server and i couldn't reconnect. The same thing happens on my singleplayer test world. It says a fatal error this connection is terminated or something like that. regular pipes are fine as are mekanism ones. All varieties of fluid pipe seem to do this, should i just cheat mekanism pipes for a 1-1 ratio?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
... end game ? i think i am on a good way to it :)
*poker terminology ahead*
I see your Island and Raise you a Forrest
javaw%202015-06-23%2007-00-34-97_zps3euitexu.jpg

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Im only getting ocean biomes when i load a world is there any seeds that put me on a waste land

I got a decent-enough seed if you want it.

My spawn wasn't anywhere near 0,65,0, so I'm not sure where you'll spawn in, but I've had no shortage of nodes, hives, or other major resources, up through the point where I could 'supply' everything myself.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Having an issue with Mariculture feeders. Whenever I place something inside that interacts (i.e. male and female fish) the game crashes to main menu. No crash report, just a log error.

Edit: I was using recommended version of forge and then switched to latest. Still crashing with the feeder. This is all the console log says before crashing to main menu.

Jun 22, 2015 12:48:20 PM climateControl.utils.ConfigManager clearWorldFile

INFO: clearing

[12:48:20] [Client thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: VoiceServer: Stopping client connection...

[12:48:20] [Client thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: Finished loading Cardboard Box blacklist (loaded 0 entries)

[12:48:20] [Client thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: Reloaded config.

So, no one is having this issue at all? What version of forge is this modpack developed for? I cannot progress with this crash all the time. Basically i cannot use the feeders or the crucible now without it booting me to main menu.

Last edited: