[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on how you plan to get emeralds from them. I'm not partial to smelting them (I reserve that fate for slimes). Farmer villager with a wheat trade + 10/10/10 wheat crop = PROFIT!!! And if you rotate the trades periodically (even if you have to spend a couple emeralds to do so), there's less chance of them 'burning out'.

I was imagining a couple of poor sods standing on a trap door above the smeltery, just waiting for your cackling laugh to end before a switch was thrown. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
On the last server I was on (currently in hiatus as the admin finishes up a new private pack), I took advantage of slime chunks to get blood for pokefennium and fairy alloys. (I'm a bit of a collector.) There was much cackling laughter. :D

The villagers in that build were in a comfy little fenced-in trading area, and had even started breeding just because of how the base doors happened to fall.

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone figured out how to get a Whitemargin Stargazer?
I can catch them raw at night y =16 in ocean, BUT even an auto fisher with an ExtremeMachineUpgrade and stacks and stacks of bait can't get a live one.
There is no breeding recipe in NEI, so are there any special conditions I'm not aware how? I even checked the source code; night, deep water (y <=16) and well.
No Whitemargin = no dragonfish. no dragonfish = no farmable dragon egg in mariculture.

eternal gamer

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this mod pack, it has a nice feel to it. I was thinking, could you maybe add a basic thirst mod? I feel it would fit in well with the whole wasteland survival aspect. Another thing, could you please add some sort of dungeons to the underground? As it is now there is no reason to go under ground except to find obsidian.

Looking forward to were this goes.:)

Edit: After posting this I did take another look underground hunting for mushrooms, and found some essence berries. Finding them opened a new quest and I was really intriged.
Now i'm going to have to see what else i can find down ther ^.^

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Has anyone figured out how to get a Whitemargin Stargazer?
I can catch them raw at night y =16 in ocean, BUT even an auto fisher with an ExtremeMachineUpgrade and stacks and stacks of bait can't get a live one.
There is no breeding recipe in NEI, so are there any special conditions I'm not aware how? I even checked the source code; night, deep water (y <=16) and well.
No Whitemargin = no dragonfish. no dragonfish = no farmable dragon egg in mariculture.

Try standing in the water as you fish? I've found that this increases the chance of getting live fish. Also, a brown bucket-hat will simulate deep-water fishing and improve your live-catching.

I really like this mod pack, it has a nice feel to it. I was thinking, could you maybe add a basic thirst mod? I feel it would fit in well with the whole wasteland survival aspect. Another thing, could you please add some sort of dungeons to the underground? As it is now there is no reason to go under ground except to find obsidian.

Looking forward to were this goes.:)

Abandoned mineshafts still spawn, and I've seen reports of oreberry bushes

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about the misinformation about the max cv from a node. I can't find where I read that but I did find a video where someone made a node that had 20cv, so ignore my earlier post. :oops:

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, update to the stargazer situation.

They are not catchable alive.
That is intended.
What is not intended, is that there is no breeding recipe.
The mod dev accidentally removed the only mutation for stargazers from the source code.
This will not be an issue anymore once version 1.3.0 is released.

Dragon11235

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about the misinformation about the max cv from a node. I can't find where I read that but I did find a video where someone made a node that had 20cv, so ignore my earlier post. :oops:

It's okay (Did that video have a node with 500 of each primal by any chance?)

Last edited:

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Abandoned mineshafts still spawn, and I've seen reports of oreberry bushes

Vanilla dungeons as well.

I've done a fair amount of caving and I've seen neither of these yet, darn it. I'd like to find either, but especially mineshafts as I like to steal their rails. Though with this pack, I'm not sure that's as helpful as usual, what with growing ores and all.

In other news, I'm very proud of myself for automating my mana generation with endoflames. I know it's a fairly simple thing, but I've got a harvest golem gathering blaze essence, a hopperhock dropping it into a b-space barrel, the matching barrel dropping it in a pressure plate triggered hopper, which drops it into a crafty crate that makes blaze rods. I can totally ignore it now, at least until the barrel fills up... I'm currently using the blaze essence more slowly than I'm gathering it, so I'm working to add more endoflames. (I have automated sorting systems and bee production and the like before, using BC or Redpower, but this is a new one for me. I feel accomplished.)

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
So let me see if this is right, I have to craft certus quartz ore from the essence which then has to be crushed into certus dust. The dust gets crafted with sand to make the seed which takes around 12 real hours to grow into pure certus without accelerators. Then 8 pure certus gets crafted into a block that gets uncrafted into 4 regular certus crystals. This is one serious project.

I hope the growth time of the seeds without accelerators was because I had 2 stacks in the same pool of water. With 2 accelerators its around 5 minutes for 2 stacks.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I've done a fair amount of caving and I've seen neither of these yet, darn it. I'd like to find either, but especially mineshafts as I like to steal their rails. Though with this pack, I'm not sure that's as helpful as usual, what with growing ores and all.

There are some somewhat 'cheaty' ways of finding mineshafts.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I'd say it would be helpful, if only because Railcraft. (Ready-made rails compared to the handstands, backflips, and hoops to make Railcraft rails? Bring it.)

In the 'low-level cheaty' department, I've spotted a number of mineshafts by putting on the Ring of Chordata and diving helmet combo, and just swimming around the coastline at top speed. One of the instances where chunk-loading times can work in your favor. The first one I spotted was actually after breaking into a big cave while searching for natural gas.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say it would be helpful, if only because Railcraft. (Ready-made rails compared to the handstands, backflips, and hoops to make Railcraft rails? Bring it.)

In the 'low-level cheaty' department, I've spotted a number of mineshafts by putting on the Ring of Chordata and diving helmet combo, and just swimming around the coastline at top speed. One of the instances where chunk-loading times can work in your favor. The first one I spotted was actually after breaking into a big cave while searching for natural gas.
Also if you turn a jabba barrel face up and add an upgrade you can see through the world under it.

Dragon11235

Jul 29, 2019
The video by Poggle. Although I was a little confused that he only ended up with 20cv for each primal. The square root of 500 is 22. (rounded down)

That's due to the node becoming pale at one point.. which causes a penalty in the amount of cv you end up with (prob. at set percentage) on the other hand, a bright node gives a bonus in cv when energised!

(This is why I'm going to use teleposers to move it.. to avoid damaging the node)

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
That's due to the node becoming pale at one point.. which causes a penalty in the amount of cv you end up with (prob. at set percentage) on the other hand, a bright node gives a bonus in cv when energised!

(This is why I'm going to use teleposers to move it.. to avoid damaging the node)

According to this site, it's a 20% bonus/penalty. But that is also the site that says there is a 10 cv cap per aspect. It's in the last section on the page. Anyways, wikis are only as accurate as the people putting in the data.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
There is no fixed limit to the cv/t on a node, other than perhaps you paitence or the capacity limit on nodes (I have to assume there is a hard one somewhere, there definately is a soft cap where diminshing returns really slow further progress). On other packs i've seen people get theirs up to around 1k fabrico (or other contains-all-primals compund, but fabrico is likely the easiest to mass-produce) capacity before engerising. (this was before the hungry node rebalance that made them only get a primal from eaten items.)

Pales are 0.8x multipler, and brights get a 1.2x multiplier, before flooring.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
So does anyone have any tips for locating Nether Emerald and Nether Diamond ore.. tried strip mining till my self-reping aluminite pick broke.. got quite a lot of rutile, no osmium and neither emerald or diamond.

Make a Botania Rod of the Plentiful Mantle, it highlights ore blocks in various colors.

If you have a Silk Touch pick, you can also silk an ore block and carry it with you. Plop it down, use Rod, and now you know what direction to mine in to get the same ore.