[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Cheepy5

Jul 29, 2019
That is a lot of chat spam. XD
Not sure sadly. Is it happening every time you log on, and since it's a server are other accounts having the same issue?

It happens every time I log on, and it's more spam than in the screenshot. I think it is only me that is having this issue, but I will ask my friend today.

triplm

Jul 29, 2019
I just started a server and starting out I wasn't able to craft a few items. like the dead wood log, figured no big deal delete 9 planks and cheat in a log must be a glitch or something ..... dug up a bunch of land, and made some tinkers tools etc etc. went to make the starting house and i couldn't make a chisel so I thought I would ask here as I've followed this thread for the last few hundred pages and didn't I don't remember this poping up
as a note: I disabled nei and it's add ons on the server cause I thought it was client side only
I'm enabling it now to see if the fixes it

EDIT: that seems to have been the thing that did it

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if sprinklers work on essenceberry bushes? I'm also wondering if they'll water through plants (i.e. two essence bushes on top of each other, both in the sprinkler's range, will the sprinkler affect the one on the bottom as well as the top, or will the top one block the sprinkler's effect from the bottom one).

Harrli

Jul 29, 2019
Was wondering if anyone else is having a crash issue with their game? I am able to log into my game for at most 2 minutes before the entire game and FTB launcher crashes. Here is the crash log if that helps. I really enjoy playing this game, so this crashing is very distressing.

Attachments

• crash-2015-04-16_23.33.38-server.txt
    277.4 KB · Views: 53

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Was wondering if anyone else is having a crash issue with their game? I am able to log into my game for at most 2 minutes before the entire game and FTB launcher crashes. Here is the crash log if that helps. I really enjoy playing this game, so this crashing is very distressing.
It is an error with the Storage Drawers controller. If you can log in, break the controller block which should stop the error from happening. You could also try updating the Storage Drawers mod which might fix the issue.

Harrli

Jul 29, 2019
It is an error with the Storage Drawers controller. If you can log in, break the controller block which should stop the error from happening. You could also try updating the Storage Drawers mod which might fix the issue.

Thank you for the advice. I was able to take the two controllers I had out and the game seems to be running fine now. I will look into updating the mod, as they are a big piece of how I was doing my farms.

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if sprinklers work on essenceberry bushes? I'm also wondering if they'll water through plants (i.e. two essence bushes on top of each other, both in the sprinkler's range, will the sprinkler affect the one on the bottom as well as the top, or will the top one block the sprinkler's effect from the bottom one).
I've never tried it myself, but looking at the Agricraft and Tinker's Construct source codes, it looks like it won't work. Agricraft sprinklers work on Agricraft crops, and any 'BlockBush', which includes saplings, vanilla crops, and flowers. But it doesn't include TInker's Construct oreberry bushes, which are actually a type of 'BlockLeavesBase'.

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
What options do we have for autocrafting in Regrowth?

Here are the ones I know about:
- Buildcraft advanced crafting table
- Automagy golem workbench
- Botania crafty crate

Not that we have a lack of choices, but are there any that I've missed?

On a not-entirely-unrelated note, do we have any method for making liquid tanks that have a shared inventory? I like to use JABBA barrels with the B-Space upgrade, and in other packs, I've used Ender Tanks to share (eg) lava between the nether and the overworld. Is there anything like that in Regrowth?

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019

- Botania crafty crate

On a not-entirely-unrelated note, do we have any method for making liquid tanks that have a shared inventory? I like to use JABBA barrels with the B-Space upgrade, and in other packs, I've used Ender Tanks to share (eg) lava between the nether and the overworld. Is there anything like that in Regrowth?
You also have the Mariculture Unpacker, that does 1x1 recipes.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the advice. I was able to take the two controllers I had out and the game seems to be running fine now. I will look into updating the mod, as they are a big piece of how I was doing my farms.
Should be permanently fixed in 1.3.8. 1.3.9 also removes the sync packet that has given some other people trouble here.

kanix

Jul 29, 2019
Im running a regrowth server that has maybe 5/6 players at peak time and im noticing some real issues after the server has been online for a day or so. Lots of Can't keep up! messages in the server logs even when noone is online, the VM is on an underutilised but powerful cluster and is configured to grab as much CPU as it needs and is not even using half of its allocated RAM when this happens. What are other admins allocating for RAM on the java command line? Im using 4GB but just now I had to restart the process because kswapd0 was taking up 100% of my CPU.. even though Java still seemed to have physical memory available to it. Nothing else is running on the server of note, its a total bare bones CentOS 7 install.

Have also installed opis and there are no tiles or chunks which seem problematic. Close to just handing everyone the world files and calling it a day but I really want to avoid such drastic measures. Anyone running a regrowth server have any hints or tips on getting it to run smoothly? I realise this is kinda grasping at straws :) I have fastcraft installed on the server also.. maybe I should try removing it.

triplm

Jul 29, 2019

- Botania crafty crate

maybe could use a system to put them into forestry cans then into a b space then out of it and into a tank... it would prob require power on both sides

alternatively tank in a mine cart and set up a cross dimensional railway to haul the lava in

triplm

Jul 29, 2019
Im running a regrowth server that has maybe 5/6 players at peak time and im noticing some real issues after the server has been online for a day or so. Lots of Can't keep up! messages in the server logs even when noone is online, the VM is on an underutilised but powerful cluster and is configured to grab as much CPU as it needs and is not even using half of its allocated RAM when this happens. What are other admins allocating for RAM on the java command line? Im using 4GB but just now I had to restart the process because kswapd0 was taking up 100% of my CPU.. even though Java still seemed to have physical memory available to it. Nothing else is running on the server of note, its a total bare bones CentOS 7 install.

Have also installed opis and there are no tiles or chunks which seem problematic. Close to just handing everyone the world files and calling it a day but I really want to avoid such drastic measures. Anyone running a regrowth server have any hints or tips on getting it to run smoothly? I realise this is kinda grasping at straws :) I have fastcraft installed on the server also.. maybe I should try removing it.

i had this same problem with alot of other mod packs, i'd just do a scheduled restart every 12 hours or so, if your going thru creeper host you can set it up to do it automatically. not sure if it's the same everywhere else.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
i had this same problem with alot of other mod packs, i'd just do a scheduled restart every 12 hours or so, if your going thru creeper host you can set it up to do it automatically. not sure if it's the same everywhere else.
I'd also recommend regularly restarting. If the server is leaking objects, giving it more RAM is just going to make the problem worse.

kanix

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys, that does sound like the best and easiest option to solve this. Going to start the hunt now for a plugin or mod that will do this instead of just brute forcing it with a cronjob, anyone use anything similar that doesn't require bukkit etc?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Mostly just curious, is the hopper upgrade for JABBA barrels supposed to not interact with the inventory of the Alchemical furnace from the bottom? I've got it injecting from under the AF, therefore the top of the barrel, which would normally not work with a vanilla hopper, but I've also tried this with the same barrel upgrades and setup attached to an inscriber and that worked fine.