[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
Someone posted a setup earlier to keep a portal open, I'm just uploading a video now on how to stack hydroangeas.
I took a look at your video because I like learning new ways to compact hydroangeas, however the method I use you can fit 8 hydro's per layer. It was posted on the reddit a long while ago but works great. Check it out :) http://www.reddit.com/r/TestPackPleaseIgnore/comments/24hb23/good_botania_managen_setup/ Also, now that you can do floating generating flowers you don't have to skip a layer for the dirt in this set up. Just a thought.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Guys and gals, I'm experiencing some issues and hoping for some hints to fix them other than a world reset.

TL;DR version: Power failure corrupted my level.dat file and now I have a chunk I cannot get rid of or try to regenerate even through MCEdit. Any ideas?

Long version: Sometime this week I had a power failure while playing Regrowth (0.7.4, single player). When I tried to start the game again, I got an error from MC stating that the level.dat file is in use and I was asked if I wanted to create a backup before continuing. I did. But then the game crashed with a questing info error. So I deleted the questing info from the folder, got into the game, cheated an OP questbook in and got up to speed with my progress. So far, things were OK. However, my world is missing a chunk a few chunks away from my base - at first, all blocks just disappeared and I couldn't really go into the chunk except above ground and pretty soon my CPU usage jumped to 100% and the game became unplayable. What I found was that the Minecraft log file was being spammed with the lines below and in just a few minutes reached a couple hundred megs in size and it seems my HDD couldn't really keep up with the spam and the game at the same time.

[16:09:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Wrong location! EntityBat['Bat'/80227, l='Dis', x=396.05, y=42.61, z=-173.19] (at 24, -11 instead of 24, -26)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Unknown Source)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76612_a(Chunk.java:781)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2115)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:648)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

So I figured that maybe killing all bats would work (cofh command). This only fixed the bat problem because if I happened to be in the chunk with no bats, I would get the same log messaging, except that the entity causing issues would be my player.

I have tried using MCEdit to delete the chunk, delete all blocks (entities, block ticks) and fill the chunk with air, delete that chunk and all adjacent chunks - nothing worked, everything around that chunk gets re-generated except that one.

My question is: is there any way to get that chunk fixed?

LfuPDq0.jpg

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I took a look at your video because I like learning new ways to compact hydroangeas, however the method I use you can fit 8 hydro's per layer. It was posted on the reddit a long while ago but works great. Check it out :) http://www.reddit.com/r/TestPackPleaseIgnore/comments/24hb23/good_botania_managen_setup/ Also, now that you can do floating generating flowers you don't have to skip a layer for the dirt in this set up. Just a thought.

Soon that won't work.

Botania - Changelog R1.6 177 said:
Hydroangeas now get Daybloom/Nightshade like diminishing returns in all 8 directions.

That video by Delgar for the Hydroangeas should still work.

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
Umm all 8 directions? Someone please enlighten me on these 2 extra dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Guys and gals, I'm experiencing some issues and hoping for some hints to fix them other than a world reset.

TL;DR version: Power failure corrupted my level.dat file and now I have a chunk I cannot get rid of or try to regenerate even through MCEdit. Any ideas?

Long version: Sometime this week I had a power failure while playing Regrowth (0.7.4, single player). When I tried to start the game again, I got an error from MC stating that the level.dat file is in use and I was asked if I wanted to create a backup before continuing. I did. But then the game crashed with a questing info error. So I deleted the questing info from the folder, got into the game, cheated an OP questbook in and got up to speed with my progress. So far, things were OK. However, my world is missing a chunk a few chunks away from my base - at first, all blocks just disappeared and I couldn't really go into the chunk except above ground and pretty soon my CPU usage jumped to 100% and the game became unplayable. What I found was that the Minecraft log file was being spammed with the lines below and in just a few minutes reached a couple hundred megs in size and it seems my HDD couldn't really keep up with the spam and the game at the same time.

[16:09:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Wrong location! EntityBat['Bat'/80227, l='Dis', x=396.05, y=42.61, z=-173.19] (at 24, -11 instead of 24, -26)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Unknown Source)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76612_a(Chunk.java:781)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2115)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:648)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
[16:09:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

So I figured that maybe killing all bats would work (cofh command). This only fixed the bat problem because if I happened to be in the chunk with no bats, I would get the same log messaging, except that the entity causing issues would be my player.

I have tried using MCEdit to delete the chunk, delete all blocks (entities, block ticks) and fill the chunk with air, delete that chunk and all adjacent chunks - nothing worked, everything around that chunk gets re-generated except that one.

My question is: is there any way to get that chunk fixed?

LfuPDq0.jpg
Try looking at the chunk in NBTExplorer (I was going to suggest deleting it there but I don't actually have that ability put in right now). But you can cross-reference the tag values with other chunks to make sure they make some sense, and you could delete any entities, tileEntities, and level sections in the chunk.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
The left set of buttons is for "strict input" with using mekanism's logistical pipes. Unless you want to use those pipes, don't use that. Turn strict input off and then only use the right set of buttons to define input and output sides. I usually have a problem with mekanism's auto-eject when ejecting to pipes where it doesn't always work. So if nothing is coming out, use a wooden/emerald pipe with an engine to extract items.

Edit: I believe Vaygrim has a good video on how to use mekanism including logistical pipes if you want to get in to using those.

Indeed, I have a emerald pipe with an autarchic gate on it (set to no signal/energy pulse), attempting to draw out of the ES, and a hopper to the side of the machine to attempt to insert things.
Neither of these setups work, despite trying every combination of different color buttons on both sides, and having the strict input and auto eject on and off.
In searching around, I found a bug report that stated that mekanism didn't treat BC pipes as a valid inventory, though that may not be the issue here, nor should it be affecting vanilla hoppers I'd assume.
I dunno, I'll probably try the in-mod pipes next, but I still find this to be a weird bug.

Last edited:

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Umm all 8 directions? Someone please enlighten me on these 2 extra dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basically if you assume O is the hydroangea then any hydroangea's placed on the X's will cause diminishing returns.

XXX
X0X
XXX

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
Basically if you assume O is the hydroangea then any hydroangea's placed on the X's will cause diminishing returns.

XXX
X0X
XXX

Oh ok. Do dayblooms and nightshades work the same way? I was under the impression that it was only cardinal directions (plus vertically since they need direct sky view) that mattered. I always thought the following setup was ok to use (using the same key as your diagram):

XOX
OXO
XOX

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Dayblooms and nightshades are the ones horizantally or vertically adjacent. Hydroes will be horizantal, vertical or diagonal.
So for a Daybloom, D is the daybloom, X is diminishing, Y is safe.

YXY
XDX
YXY

Gammasix

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my 4x4 Hydroangeas setup:

2015-04-18_13.04.12.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Good early setup, doesn't need high end mats. Don't know about holding a Alfheim portal up, Might need 1 setup/pool.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, I have a emerald pipe with an autarchic gate on it (set to no signal/energy pulse), attempting to draw out of the ES, and a hopper to the side of the machine to attempt to insert things.
Neither of these setups work, despite trying every combination of different color buttons on both sides, and having the strict input and auto eject on and off.
In searching around, I found a bug report that stated that mekanism didn't treat BC pipes as a valid inventory, though that may not be the issue here, nor should it be affecting vanilla hoppers I'd assume.
I dunno, I'll probably try the in-mod pipes next, but I still find this to be a weird bug.

I just tried it and it works for me. Make sure you set the emerald pipe to blacklist mode. It defaults to whitelist. And make sure the solid green section of the pipe is connected to the smelter. I put the emerald pipe on top and the hopper on the right side. For the slot configuration on the smelter, I set the right set of buttons with the top button blue and the right button red. Strict Input is off. Auto-eject didn't work but you are using an autarchic gate so that doesn't matter. The emerald pipe was able to pull out items regardless of what auto-eject was set to. I was using a wooden engine instead of an autarchic gate but that shouldn't matter since you have it set to pulse. And just to double check, you shift-right-clicked the hopper on to the smelter, right? (no offense, but should ask to make sure) I couldn't tell from your picture if the hopper was actually connected to the smelter.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Try looking at the chunk in NBTExplorer (I was going to suggest deleting it there but I don't actually have that ability put in right now). But you can cross-reference the tag values with other chunks to make sure they make some sense, and you could delete any entities, tileEntities, and level sections in the chunk.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you for the tip, I had two chunks with the same coordinate tags. Once the duplicate one was set to the correct coordinates, there were no more issues. Deleted the chunk using MCEdit, re-entered the game, no more hole in the world and no more giant log file!

Once again, many, many thanks!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried it and it works for me. Make sure you set the emerald pipe to blacklist mode. It defaults to whitelist. And make sure the solid green section of the pipe is connected to the smelter. I put the emerald pipe on top and the hopper on the right side. For the slot configuration on the smelter, I set the right set of buttons with the top button blue and the right button red. Strict Input is off. Auto-eject didn't work but you are using an autarchic gate so that doesn't matter. The emerald pipe was able to pull out items regardless of what auto-eject was set to. I was using a wooden engine instead of an autarchic gate but that shouldn't matter since you have it set to pulse. And just to double check, you shift-right-clicked the hopper on to the smelter, right? (no offense, but should ask to make sure) I couldn't tell from your picture if the hopper was actually connected to the smelter.

Indeed I did shift click the hopper onto the ES. The whitelist thing might be the issue for the pipe, lemme try that...

*Five minutes later* You sir are a genius. It was indeed the whitelist issue for the pipe. For the hopper I for some reason had to set BOTH sides of buttons to the same configuration, which rather contradicts what I've read about mekanism's rules for that. Thank you very much. :)

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed I did shift click the hopper onto the ES. The whitelist thing might be the issue for the pipe, lemme try that...

*Five minutes later* You sir are a genius. It was indeed the whitelist issue for the pipe. For the hopper I for some reason had to set BOTH sides of buttons to the same configuration, which rather contradicts what I've read about mekanism's rules for that. Thank you very much. :)

Having to set both sides the same "sounds" like you still have strict input on. I had the left set of buttons all set to gray. In any case, at least it's working. :)

Ning947

Jul 29, 2019
Just made myself a fancy new cloak of voluminous pockets, but now I realize I have no idea how to use it! I checked around and couldn't find anything on the interwebs, so I thought I might check here. Any help?