[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hey, it's looking good. :) Good thing you got a base like that set up decently early in the game.
@Delgar3 Seconded! I actually think your base is pretty nice - I especially like the use of the different polished stone in concentric squares, the chiseled blocks and the nice looking concrete!

EDIT: Also yay for Episode 13! Loving this series :D

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be honest with you... your infusion altar "room" looks a bit small. Iirc, the altar looks out in a 12 block radius on the x and z for stability. Otherwise I'm quite liking your layout :)

edit: (Not saying your giant under-room doesn't cover that, but I'd be careful about placing things above/around)

Eh, I know the altar checks around the area as well, but honestly I almost never use anything on the same level as it. My most version before this pack of the altar, there wasn't much that looked good above ground, and I ended up just filling the below chamber with zombie heads, because cleaver + spawner + Ender IO's vat.
This time I might make use of the extra space above ground, but likely only with the glimmering mushrooms, since those are new, look pretty, and probably won't tank my framerate as hard as the floating flowers do. XD

Side note; another reason why I didn't use above ground before, I've only filled the walls and the first lvl of floor down there with "junk" items, and I've already got around 140 stabilization points. Which should cover the possible 25 of random instability, along with most of the minor to moderate recipes natural chance.

I wanted to share the progress of my base so far. I don't have a strong essence stone yet and just opened up the witchery questline to give you some idea where I'm at. I like to play slow and enjoy building and exploring mods.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9j50L/

Lol, I love your idea with the ore plants in the mineshaft!

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I have a small question/request for advice. I just started with this pack a couple of days ago. I notice in a lot of pics that people are near the ocean. I finally found an ocean, but it's 1000 blocks away. Is it important enough to be near an ocean to move, or is just setting up a travel system of some sort probably adequate?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I have a small question/request for advice. I just started with this pack a couple of days ago. I notice in a lot of pics that people are near the ocean. I finally found an ocean, but it's 1000 blocks away. Is it important enough to be near an ocean to move, or is just setting up a travel system of some sort probably adequate?

It's not necessary, but handy for getting along with Mariculture. It's worth noting that a lot of bees won't breed in the wasteland (too hot and dry) whereas beach and ocean biomes are temperate so the forest/meadows bees can breed there.

Also, nice to have a bit of blue water around rather than the murky stuff!

Reactions: Tairgire

Zephyr123

Jul 29, 2019
I can't see how far a runic altar recipe has progressed when I have the botania wand in my hand and when I point at the altar. I do get the lightning when it's done. I can see the item I am crafting but not it's progress. Shouldn't there be like a blue circle around it or something? How can I fix that? Awesome pack BTW. I would like to see more non-hardcore HQM packs in the future.

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
I can't see how far a runic altar recipe has progressed when I have the botania wand in my hand and when I point at the altar. I do get the lightning when it's done. I can see the item I am crafting but not it's progress. Shouldn't there be like a blue circle around it or something? How can I fix that? Awesome pack BTW. I would like to see more non-hardcore HQM packs in the future.

Do you have F7 (check lighting) on? It changes the visuals of Botania HUD and the lightning is gray instead of blue when that's on.

Reactions: Arbitrary

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

Do you have F7 (check lighting) on? It changes the visuals of Botania HUD and the lightning is gray instead of blue when that's on.

Also, I noticed that when you craft seeds in the altar, you can't see the blue circle except as an overlay to the seed silhouette itself, rather than the blue circle taking up the extra space around it. I think that started once I upgraded to .7, so maybe it's because of an update to Botania or something.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I just want to say that I'm far too used to the older Magic Crops recipes. I finished grinding gold essence thinking 'Oh, one ore block, that's two ingots. More than enough for that hobbyist's steam engine.' (That worked beautifully!) Put the essence in the crafting table - got 5 ore blocks. *falls over*

SparkmanTX

Jul 29, 2019
If it hasn't been tweaked, it's a 15 block radius. I just got done laying out a circle (thank you Plotz) that just intersects my redwood tree animal farm, and I'm lighting it up with Glint Weed before spacing a nice grove around the edge. After that, I'm going to put in a small moat (with lily pads!) somewhere in the grove around a 3x3 hollow stone platform to put my cauldron on, so that I don't keep lighting all the pretty nature on FIRE!

Seriously, I even tried putting the cauldron in a room underneath the altar, and it still caught my flippin' fences on fire. I lost my peony in that conflagration. Remember: Only you can prevent floral fires.

Nether Fences are fireproof

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
After watching BTC series i am an addict of this mod pack :) Here is ma base :
That is a nice base you got going there! I must admit I am an addict too, Regrowth has dragged me back to the HQM scene and I rarely have time to play anything else (and it took over my channel in the matter of days)

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
only missing one thing ... minimap mod atlas kinda sucks i lost my base for 2 days :) no food no alumite to fix tools horror of wastelands :)

ps: how can i extract limestone from mariculture tank ?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You can easily add one yourself if you desperate for a a minimap, but the bibliocraft atlas is a very underrated tool imo.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a command to get back to the overworld from the nether? I can't use the /help as it's broken in almost every modpack
EDIT: Nevermind, I found my portal.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a command to get back to the overworld from the nether? I can't use the /help as it's broken in almost every modpack
EDIT: Nevermind, I found my portal.
Glad you found your portal, but in case anyone else is having the same issue. I haven't been able to find a command personally, but you can always go into cheat mode and just give yourself obsidian and flint/steel :)

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Also, nice to have a bit of blue water around rather than the murky stuff!

You can also make small water pools with Garden Stuff flower pots. They connect into multi-block pools and give the water a beautiful blue color even in the wasteland. You can even add lilypads and grass to grow on top of that water.

They only let you do a 1-block depth though.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
You can easily add one yourself if you desperate for a a minimap, but the bibliocraft atlas is a very underrated tool imo.

For some reason it seems to always lose my maps when I don't use it for a while, and I have to regenerate everything... Luckily the world I'm on has a coastline I can follow to find my way back. (Plus I've got the whole witchery teleportation thing going on now)

Nashildor

Jul 29, 2019
I have just updated my regrowth pack to 7.4 and I have an interesting bug. Everytime i hit any ingame object a text line pops up for metadata. It spams my screen and I cant do much. I looked into getting rid of it, was unable to. Any help with this would be appreciated plz.