[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a BuildCraft question. Is there any way to actually not use engines to power wooden extraction pipes to get items into the pipe network, or am I stuck with a ton of engines?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know what mechanism is used for being able to smelt lava with TiC? Is it a mod or recipe tweak that enables this? (Was hoping to use this method in a different pack, and was disappointed when I found out it wasn't working) Fire + bucket to fluid lava is a bit klunky.

Four fire essence around a bucket is the Magic Crops recipe for a lava bucket. I've used it very effectively in another modpack that had both Magic Crops and Tinker's Construct. If you've also got Thaumcraft in that pack, and you want lava for days, set yourself up with a little patch of fire plants (3x3 should be good, but expanding that is fine), and a Thaumcraft golem with Harvest and the tiny spectacles near your smeltery.

Reactions: direwolf30

Themurderin

Jul 29, 2019
Which is quicker: 100 days, 150 days, or 300 days? That should hopefully help you out.
No, I mean, is there a list of items that have the ticks to them? I basically wanna know if there's a cheatsheet that I can use rather than seeing if the stick rots faster than the apple.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a BuildCraft question. Is there any way to actually not use engines to power wooden extraction pipes to get items into the pipe network, or am I stuck with a ton of engines?
If you've done the Laser quest in "Enables", you'll have had to make or find a Gate.

Unfortunately the recipes for making gates and their upgrades are not working in NEI, they merely show blank spaces where the ingredients should be; but you essentially make a basic gate, then turn it into an Autarchic gate by throwing it in the assembly table-like thing with the extra red stripe, along with a pulsating chipset.
Then you right click the autarchic gate onto a wooden pipe, and then right click on it again to bring up the menu. You'll want to set the first area in the UI to either Redstone signal on, or redstone signal off. Then you want the second area to be set to "Energy pulsar".
I recommend making a couple gates for each wooden pipe, since just like with engines, the more gates the faster it extracts.

Reactions: JustHeyo

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
If you've done the Laser quest in "Enables", you'll have had to make or find a Gate.

Unfortunately the recipes for making gates and their upgrades are not working in NEI, they merely show blank spaces where the ingredients should be; but you essentially make a basic gate, then turn it into an Autarchic gate by throwing it in the assembly table-like thing with the extra red stripe, along with a pulsating chipset.
Then you right click the autarchic gate onto a wooden pipe, and then right click on it again to bring up the menu. You'll want to set the first area in the UI to either Redstone signal on, or redstone signal off. Then you want the second area to be set to "Energy pulsar".
I recommend making a couple gates for each wooden pipe, since just like with engines, the more gates the faster it extracts.

Ahh, cool, thanks. I have a bunch of engines handling my wooden pipes, and I think they're starting to lag me out.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
I mentioned that in my original post on the matter. I even said I had a full silverwood-thaumium wand, so it should have worked. When that didn't I rechecked the thaumonomicon and the only node it showed in the little graphic mystical construct recipe was an energized node in a 3x3x3 cube of glass topped with wooden slabs. Right clicking that construct with a regular node repeatedly with my wand didn't work, both shift-clicking and regular clicking, so I figured that the only node that would work would be an energized one, partially because that's the only thing the thaumonomicon, the only recipe in the game, showed as being used.

Just curious, but did you actually do the research for jarring a node?

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. I made the 3x3 base under the node, surrounded it with a 3x3 donut of glass, and covered the node with another 3x3 base, and put 3x3 spruce slabs on top of that. I even double checked the setup when I was about to try to capture the energized node; even mathed it out originally so I wouldn't be stuck with excess glass.

EDIT: And when I tried to remove the transducer, the node just up and exploded, so I honestly have no clue what to do about that. I just spawned a node in a jar so I could complete that one quest, considering how I don't want to blow up all the nodes I have trying to complete it.

For a node in a jar... You CANT bottle an energized node, it has to be an unharnessed one (not energized or estabilized) this is so you can MOVE node to your base so you can estabilize/energize them later

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, but did you actually do the research for jarring a node?

I believe I said previously that I looked in the thaumonomicon, no? I mean, how else can I look at the recipe in the thaumonomicon if I've not researched the process and the recipe in the thaumonomicon?

For a node in a jar... You CANT bottle an energized node, it has to be an unharnessed one (not energized or estabilized) this is so you can MOVE node to your base so you can estabilize/energize them later

According to the recipe in the thaumonomicon, that's the only node it'll work on. And I'd also like to point out that I previously stated that I went to the thaumonomicon description of using an energized node after trying and failing to capture a regular non-energized node.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, there are a lot of pages to go through and a lot of FAQ's, rather report it and face the force of TestyMan, than omit it.

That you think there are a lot of FAQ's shows that you never even bothered to check for one. There's exactly one that's the second post of the thread, and is the general go-to when one suspects that something's amiss in the pack.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Four fire essence around a bucket is the Magic Crops recipe for a lava bucket. I've used it very effectively in another modpack that had both Magic Crops and Tinker's Construct. If you've also got Thaumcraft in that pack, and you want lava for days, set yourself up with a little patch of fire plants (3x3 should be good, but expanding that is fine), and a Thaumcraft golem with Harvest and the tiny spectacles near your smeltery.
Try putting fire essence into a mariculture crucible and see the results

ScoobTheNoob

Jul 29, 2019
That you think there are a lot of FAQ's shows that you never even bothered to check for one. There's exactly one that's the second post of the thread, and is the general go-to when one suspects that something's amiss in the pack.

Actually I did.. here is said FAQ ..

1. FAQ
    Most recent version is maintained by @@rivvest found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt
    ===== Regrowth FAQ =====
    Regrowth is available on the FTB Launcher (http://www.feed-the-beast.com), under the Third Party Packs tab.
    The official Regrowth forum thread is at http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/57184/.
    This FAQ was started with the 0.6.5 alpha release of Regrowth. Version-specific bugs will be noted as such.

===== 0.7.x BUGS =====
    - NEI Crashes

If the crash log shows:
    codechicken.nei.PositionedStack.setPermutationToRender(PositionedStack.java:95)
    at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getCycledIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:114)
    When Enhanced Inventories tries to put together the "Inventory Crafting" page from the Wool or Wood blocks, it crashes. This doesn't happen with cobblestone (the other ingredient in the Improved Stone Chest), so I think there's a problem with the way it's putting the list of all the woods/wools together for this screen. Easily replicated by looking at uses for any color of wool or any type of wood planks, and moving to "right" of the assembly tables page. The problem does not happen when looking at that recipe directly, just when it is generated from the wood or wool component.
    The only way I've found to fix it is to remove the mod. Alternatively, don't look at the uses for wool or wood planks.

If the crash log shows:
    appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:98)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)
    If you load a world, everything is fine, but when you exit back to the Minecraft Main Menu and load any world again, you will hit the AE2 NEI crash when you look at any recipe. It is a known issue with Modtweaker and AE not liking recipes for the inscriber being reloaded due to it caching them.
    Workaround: Reload the client between world loads. Alternatively, comment out the lines in ae2.zs that being with "Insciber" by placing "//" in front of them on the same line. In the mekanism.zs file, comment out the line "Infuser.removeRecipe(mekCircuitBasic)" and the recipes.addShaped line below that. (*NOTE: this will break the intended progression of AE2 and Mekanism).

- Crash when opening the Lexica Botania (Alfheim Edition)
    This is because Enchiridion 2 expects the original Lexica Botania to be opened prior to the Alfheim Edition. Craft a plain Lexica Botania first and open it prior to using your Alfheim Edition.

- Dire Wolves spawn in lit areas
    This appears to be a bug in Enderzoo. There is no workaround other than to disable Direwolves entirely, which can be done by editing minecraft/config/enderzoo/EnderZoo.cfg and setting B:direWolfEnabled=false

- [v0.7.2 only] The Blood Magic Altar becomes invisible approached
    Known issue with WAILAPlugins-MC1.7.10-0.0.1-14. Remove that mod, or downgrade to WAILAPlugins-MC1.7.10-0.0.1-12.

- Fish Feeder tank size does not report correctly / the Fish Feeder does not accept fish food
    Workaround: Remove the fish and place them back into the Fish Feeder.

===== GETTING STARTED =====
    - What is this dirty water? Is it dangerous?

This is normal water in the wasteland biome. It is not dangerous, just ugly.

- How do I get grass blocks?
    Use a pasture seed on dirt blocks.

- How do I get long/tall grass?
    Use bone meal on grass blocks.

- How do I get saplings?
    Use mutandis on long/tall grass.

- How do I get mushrooms?
    Use mutandis on long grass or find them in caves or the Nether. Mushroom spores are also a quest reward, but these must be grown on mycellium.

- I died and now I have a potion effect "Soul Fray" - what is that?
    This is from Blood Magic, it prevents you from self-sacrificing yourself to death repeatedly. Otherwise, it has no effect.

===== GENERAL =====
    Most, if not all, of the custom mechanics are covered in the Quest Book. Be sure to read both pages thoroughly! Additionally, there are many recipe changes in the pack, so be sure to reference NEI as well.

- Can Iron Chests/Extra Utils/Thermal Expansion be added into this pack?
    These goes against the pack's goal of avoiding common "go-to" mods and so they will not be added.

- Why is there no mini-map mod?
    There is an in-game mechanism using Bibliocraft, quests for it unlock early.

- I am seeing strange messages in chat when I click blocks with a stick!
    This is a feature of the Ruins mod; don't click blocks with a stick.

- What are my options to get rid of the wasteland and actually regrow the world?
    Blood Magic, Witchery, and Thaumcraft all offer methods to change a biome.

- My Tinker's Construct tools are not leveling up!
    This is intentional. You can still use the normal modifiers.

- How do I complete a runic altar recipe?
    Place the components into the runic altar by right clicking, or dropping ("q"). Right-click with the Wand of the Forest. The item and a circular progress meter will show and will fill as mana is infused. Once the mana infusion is complete, drop ("q") a piece of livingrock on top of the runic altar then right-click with the Wand of the Forest.

- How do I get more power to my altar?
    The altar draws power from a range of 16 blocks. It can distribute power to items that are within 16 blocks, or 32 blocks if an Arthana is placed on the altar.
    From the Witchery website, the following may be put onto the altar to increase the maximum power and recharging rate (only one of each type of skull or chalice will count):
    Boosting maximum power
    - Skull + 1x base power
    - Wither Skull + 2x base power
    - Chalice + 1x base power
    - Filled Chalice + 1x base power
    Boosting recharge rate
    - Skull + 1x base recharge rate
    - Wither Skull + 2x base recharge rate
    - Torch + 1x base recharge rate
    - Candelabra + 2x base recharge rate
    - Pentacle 2x recharge rate

jaquadro said:
    Almost any tree leaf/log (mod or vanilla or otherwise) will work, but it will cap around 100 block instances or so. So you might get a big boost from planting an oak tree, but get no additional benefit for planting a second one. Planting a spruce tree wouldn't help either, since it's the same block. But planting an Acacia would, because it's a different block. Knowing your plants at a technical level will help you manage caps.
    Based on some of the mods in this pack, consider how the trees alone fall into groups:
    - Vanilla: Oak, Spruce, Birch, Jungle
    - Vanilla: Acacia, Dark Oak
    - Witchery: Rowan, Alder, Hawthorn
    - EBXL: Fir, Redwood, Acacia, Cypress
    - EBXL: Bald Cypress, Japanese Maple, Japanese Maple Shrub, Rainbow Eucalyptus
    - EBXL: Umber Autumn, Goldenrod Autumn, Vermillion Autumn, Citrine Autumn
    - Thaumcraft: Greatwood, Silverwood
    - Natura: Eucalyptus, Redwood, Hopseed
    - Natura: Sakura, Ghostwood, Bloodleaves, Willow
    - Natura: Darkwood, Fusewood
    - Natura: Maple, Silverbell, Amaranth, Tiger

Vanilla and Witchery plants are all well-supported, but have similar cap and block restraints. Almost all vanilla flowers, for example, are the same block. Third-party mod plants are generally not supported. Botania mystic flowers are an exception and will work in this pack. Most crops work, outside of Agricraft. The caps and point values aren't uniform. Points typically fall into the range of 1-4, but if you've got your altar up to the max multiplier (x5), that's 4-16 per block. It adds up quickly.
    Dragon Eggs provide a massive boost to altar power.

- Where can I find more information about the mods?
    *NOTE* Many recipes are changed for this modpack, so be sure to check NEI when crafting items. Botania, Tinker's Construct, Witchery, Thaumcraft and Mariculture provide information through in-game books.
    Select mods with additional resources:
    BuildCraft: http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/
    Witchery: https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/
    Botania: http://botaniamod.net/

===== QUEST BOOK / PROGRESSION =====
    - What's the best way to get clay for the Couper's Conductance quest?

The Horn of the Wild speeds up collecting clay from the dried grasses in the world and tall grass that you have bonemealed yourself. You can find clay in the oceans (better get a snorkel first!), and there is an early quest in Chapter 3 that will reward you with a Clayconia, which is used to turn sand into clay.

- How do I get my first Nether essence to craft Nether seeds?
    Progress your tech a bit - you'll need to go to the Nether first.

- How do I make a smeltery? Grout is disabled!
    You can make seared stone in a crucible furnacei using cobblestone, then use an ingot caster to turn the seared stone into seared bricks. This is described in the quest book, Chapter 5.

- How do I mine Thaumium-level ores?
    To achieve the Thaumium mining level you can use a Terra Shatterer from Botania (requires terrasteel), a Thaumium pickaxe from Thaumcraft, a Koboldite pickaxe from Witchery, or a Pigiron pickaxe from Tinker's Construct (requires emerald).

- What's the tool mining level progression?
    0. Flint, Bone, Vitreous
    1. Netherrack, Copper
    2. Iron
    3. Bronze, Manasteel
    4. Alumite, Elementium
    5. Thaumium, Pigiron, Koboldite
    6. Steel, Terrasteel, Elemental, Titanium
    7. Cobalt, Ardite
    8. Void, Manyullyn
    9. Osmium, Bound, Chameleon, Refined Glowstone

- I've entered Witchery's Spirit World.. do I really have to start all over?
    Note: This quest line is still under heavy development. Yes, unless you can think of a way to create some sort of chest that can transport items between dimensions..

- How do I get Certus Quartz to start AE2?
    The Certus Quartz quests get unlocked after you have the Extreme Infusion Stone and a Mechanist reputation of 70. This will require you to complete most of the quests in Chapter 5.

- How do I get Charged Certus Quartz?
    Craft an AE2 Charger.

- I've done all the quests in a chapter, but it is still not showing 100% complete!
    There are secret/hidden quests, that will only be revealed when you've met the initial requirements.

- What are the secret quests?
    • Go caving, maybe you'll find something unexpected!
    • It sure would be nice if that mob spawner weren't so far away..

===== AGRICRAFT / FARMING =====
    - What are cross crops?

Two crops (the item) on the same block.

- How do I get sugarcane?
    Place cross crops on sand between carrots and wheat. Let the plants mature and then wait.

- How do I get plants to crossbreed?
    Place cross crops between the two parent plants, and the appropriate soil in between. Plants will only spread when they are mature and have enough light.

- What are all of the crossbreeds?
    All seeds are listed in NEI. Some require special soils.

- What plants require special soils?
    Sugarcane, cactus require sand; mushrooms require mycellium; netherwart requires soul sand. All Botania flowers require UNTILLED Garden Soil. All Magical Crops require TILLED Garden Soil.
    Note: With 0.7.1, NEI will show the soil needs for mutations.

- Bone meal is not working on my (non-magical) crops! Magical fertiliser is not working on my (magical) crops!
    In most cases, this is because of a low light level. Place a torch closer.

- Bone meal is not working on my (magical) crops!
    Use magical fertiliser.

- How do I get more seeds?
    Cross crops placed next to fully grown crops will eventually spread and create a new plant.

- How do I increase my seeds' stats?
    [v0.6.5 only] Any newly grown seeds have a chance of gaining stats, whether it is the result of crossbreeding with a different species (even if there is no chance of mutation).
    [v0.7.0+] Newly grown seeds of the same parent will have a chance of gaining stats. You can no longer crossbreed with plants of different species to gain stats.

- How do I grow Netherwart?
    [v0.7.1 only] Netherwart must be grown in a dark room, on soul sand.
    [v0.7.2 only] [BUG] Netherwart won't grow in sunlight levels above 13; however, it will grow in any amount of artificial light. Basically, make sure your netherwart underneath a roof.

- What is the range of the sprinkler?
    The range is a 7-block square, centered on the sprinkler.

- What items can be composted to make Garden Soil?
    All seeds and most foods, sticks, zombie flesh. Shift-clicking an item into the composter will only work if the item is acceptable. All items give the same amount of progress (1/8). For efficiency, you can turn pumpkins into seeds for 4x the Garden Soil. Sticks are a good option early game.
    Note: If you mouse-over the Composter's input slots, items that can be composted in your inventory are highlighted.

- How can I get apatite to make fertilizer for my Forestry Multi-Farm?
    Apatine bees are the only way to get apatite. You can also use saltpeter to craft Forestry Fertilizer.

===== TECHNICAL ISSUES / RESOLVED BUGS =====
    - The Wooden Engine recipe shows redstone as a component and isn't working!

Workaround: Restart the game. Sometimes this recipe reverts to its default. The Redstone Engine recipe in this pack requires a lever instead of redstone and has been renamed to a Wooden Engine.

- Textures for Quadrum blocks (Dead Wood, Slate) are not showing up properly.
    Workaround: Turn off Anisotropic Filtering in your video settings.

- Forestry copper ore mined with a Tinker's Construct hammer/pickaxe with an auto-smelting upgrade drops apatite.
    Known issue, no workaround other than don't use auto-smelt on Forestry copper ore.

- [v0.6.5 only] ServerStart.bat file won't launch the server.
    Agricraft is out of date. Take the version of Agricraft from your client and put it into server mods. Open ServerStart.bat and change the forge version to forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277 instead of forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272. If you are using Java 7, capitalize the 'P' in "permSize=256m". If you are using Java 8, remove the "permSize=256m" altogether. Then run ServerStart.bat - this will fail, but create a bunch of files. Open eula.txt and change "eula=false" to "eula=true". Finally, run ServerStart.bat again.

- [v0.7.1 only] ServerStart.bat file won't launch the server: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ljoshie/enchiridion/wiki/gui/GuiMain;
    You can either remove the Enchiridion 2 mod from the server, or update config/enchiridion/enchiridion2.cfg and set "Disable Autodiscovery"=false.

- [v0.6.5 only] My crucible furnace crashes the game / the bottom half of the cruicible furnace has vanished!
    No workaround at this time. This will be fixed in the next release.

- [v0.7.0, v0.7.1] Spawn Sheep / Spawn Bat recipes do not work
    There seems to be some issue with it matching any color of wool. I was able to get the spawn sheep to work by adjusting the recipe to only accept white wool. You can edit minecraft/scripts/earlysurvival.zs, and find the line that starts with "val wool", make it look like: val wool = <minecraft:wool:0>;

- [v0.6.5 only] Cactus is not working in altar/alchemy catalyst recipes!
    Workaround: Place all your cactus on sand and then pick them up. This will be fixed in the next version.

===== UPGRADING FROM 0.6.5 TO 0.7.x =====
    - What changes should I be aware of regarding Agricraft and crop from prior versions?

0.70 introduced Garden Soil as a requirement for growing Botania flowers and Magical Crops. Botania flowers must be planted on UNTILLED Garden Soil. At this time, there is no way to turn TILLED Garden Soil back into UNTILLED Garden Soil. Botania flowers and Magical Crops will not grow until they are replanted on the proper soil.
    Cross-breeding between different plant types no longer results in stat increases. Sorry, no more using 10/10/10 sugar cane to boost the stats of the other plants.
    Mutations will now only receive the average of the stats of their parents, not the full stats - so breeding 10/10/10 wheat with 10/10/10 carrots will get you 5/5/5 sugar cane.

- Why is it taking so long to load my world?
    In 0.70, many changes to the quest line cause HQM to spend a good amount of time figuring out how to update everything. As this still doesn't work properly, and you are comfortable doing so (make a backup of the world first!) go in and delete the minecraft/saves/<world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat file. This will reset all players' quest progress (a necessary step for upgrading anyway, see below).

- How do I upgrade from 0.6.5 to 0.7.x?
    Regrowth is still in alpha, and often quests are being added, removed, and ordering changed, which causes some difficulties when upgrading. Additional, some retro-active world generation occurs with this update, resulting in some lag during the first load in the new version.
    Note: Always take a backup of your world first! Do not apply these steps to your original save. In case of error, you can start over and try again.
    Note: The time investment is proportional to how many quests you have completed. In my case, I had around 180 complete, and this process took me about 30 minutes.

The initial upgrade of a world takes some time, be patient and ignore the HardcoreQuesting errors in the console, they are really just warnings. Keep waiting. My world takes around 5 minutes to upgrade, on a high-end system. Alternatively, you can delete the minecraft/saves/<world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat file prior to upgrading to speed things up. If you go this route, you can skip the steps to reset the book below, and begin on manual quest completion.
    Once the world has loaded, pause your game -- there's still things happening in the background and you will notice lag. In my case, I found that waiting a few minutes then restarting Minecraft entirely got rid of that lag.
    Now, onto the quest book. You'll notice that all of your reputation is lost, only Chapter 1 is available, and that it is a mishmash of completed quests. Fixing this is what's going to take the most time. Dump all of your inventory into some chests. The basic process will be to complete quests, collect rewards, then dump those rewards (unless you want to be a cheater and get double credit :p). Having a completely empty inventory makes this faster. Find a safe spot to stand where you can toss items away (I went for the ocean - void chests/bags/pipes are another option) . Life will be a lot easier if you are protected from monsters or if you turn on peaceful during the process.
    You'll need to have cheats enabled to accomplish this, so if you're in single player, go to the menu and Open to LAN, be sure to select Enable Cheats. I don't play multiplayer, but I assume you will need op privileges for the next bit.
    Now that you can run cheats, in the chat type: /hqm edit -- this will give you a quest book you can use to re-complete your quests.
    Note: If you want to make things just right, do not just dive in and start completing quests! There is a potential to over-reward yourself with reputation.
    The first thing you want to do, though counter-intuitive, is reset all the quests. This is done on the main menu page of the OP quest book by hold Control and Shift, then clicking the "Reset" button (Cmd + Shift on a Mac). This has to be done to clear out the problems in Chapter 1.
    If you do not do this, you will not be able to re-complete all Chapter 1 quests, which prevents some other quests from unlocking, which prevents you from getting your reputation points, and is not a good time.
    Now that you have a completely reset quest book, go into chapter one, and shift-click on all the quests you have completed. There are new quests in here, so be sure to leave those incomplete. Once your inventory is full, time to dump it. The easiest way is to hold down Control, Alt, and Space, then click an item in your inventory. This will throw everything out (once for the hotbar, once for the rest). You can also use NEI's cheat mode, and shift-click the trashcan icon.
    Now give yourself another book with /hqm edit in the chat. Continue through the chapters, shift-clicking quests, claiming rewards, and dumping. You will have to bounce around between the chapters; some quests are triggered by reputation, or quests from other chapters. If you get caught up with where you were, congratulations, you are ready to toss the OP book, grab your gear, and get back to regrowing the world!
    For me, this was not enough, I hit a wall - Quests weren't opening up that I knew I had completed, a bunch of ones in the Botania and Witchery quest lines, as well as a bunch from Chapter 5. Some quests are secretly triggered by holding items in your inventory. Pick up all of the following items you have or can make:
    • Leather
    • Gold Ingot
    • Aluminium Ingot
    • Lapis Lazuli
    • Redstone
    • Shards
    • Diamond
    • Blaze Rod
    This should unlock the rest of the quests and hopefully with that, you can continue completing quests to the point you were pre-upgrade.
    Many cross-breeding quest had opened up in Chapter 9, and the first quest in Chapter 11 was available. I chose to cheat my way through the cross-breeding quests and ditch the rewards, but you may wish to keep the rewards, or trigger the completions legitimately by picking up the seeds for each of the plants.
    If you are powering through, be sure to pay attention to the other miscellaneous new quests that you have probably completed, either save those rewards, or complete those quests separately to avoid trashing rewards you do deserve.

- What changes should I be aware of regarding Agricraft and crops from prior versions?
    v0.7.0 introduced Garden Soil as a requirement for growing Botania flowers and Magical Crops. Botania flowers must be planted on UNTILLED Garden Soil. At this time, there is no way to turn TILLED Garden Soil back into UNTILLED Garden Soil. Botania flowers and Magical Crops will not grow until they are replanted on the proper soil.
    Cross-breeding between different plant types no longer results in stat increases. Sorry, no more using 10/10/10 sugar cane to boost the stats of the other plants.
    Mutations will now only receive the average of the stats of their parents, not the full stats - so breeding 10/10/10 wheat with 10/10/10 carrots will get you 5/5/5 sugar cane.

- How can I get the pre-0.7.x breeding behavior back?
    Edit minecraft/config/agricraft/Configuration.cfg and change Farming difficulty to 1.

===============
    FAQ Update history:
    2015-03-08 - Initial - rivvest
    2015-03-16 - Update for 0.7.1
    2015-03-19 - BBCode formatting - rihlsul
    2015-04-01 - Update for 0.7.2, rearranging

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Player.me | Twitter | Patreon
    The Regrowth gamepack is released! It's Listed in the Third Party Packs section of the Launcher!
    thephoenixlodge, Dec 9, 2014 Report
    #2 Like + Quote Reply

So sorry I still can not see it in the FAQ and this is the nth time I look, so again I am sincerely thankful to you for being aware of the known issue, is it possble you could highlight my stupidity..

I really can not see an entry relating to NEI>Fire Resistance>Recipe, or iterations of this theme.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I did.. here is said FAQ ..

1. FAQ
    Most recent version is maintained by @@rivvest found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt
    ===== Regrowth FAQ =====
    Regrowth is available on the FTB Launcher (http://www.feed-the-beast.com), under the Third Party Packs tab.
    The official Regrowth forum thread is at http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/57184/.
    This FAQ was started with the 0.6.5 alpha release of Regrowth. Version-specific bugs will be noted as such.

===== 0.7.x BUGS =====
    - NEI Crashes

If the crash log shows:
    at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getCycledIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:114)
    When Enhanced Inventories tries to put together the "Inventory Crafting" page from the Wool or Wood blocks, it crashes. This doesn't happen with cobblestone (the other ingredient in the Improved Stone Chest), so I think there's a problem with the way it's putting the list of all the woods/wools together for this screen. Easily replicated by looking at uses for any color of wool or any type of wood planks, and moving to "right" of the assembly tables page. The problem does not happen when looking at that recipe directly, just when it is generated from the wood or wool component.
    The only way I've found to fix it is to remove the mod. Alternatively, don't look at the uses for wool or wood planks.

If the crash log shows:
    appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:98)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)
    If you load a world, everything is fine, but when you exit back to the Minecraft Main Menu and load any world again, you will hit the AE2 NEI crash when you look at any recipe. It is a known issue with Modtweaker and AE not liking recipes for the inscriber being reloaded due to it caching them.
    Workaround: Reload the client between world loads. Alternatively, comment out the lines in ae2.zs that being with "Insciber" by placing "//" in front of them on the same line. In the mekanism.zs file, comment out the line "Infuser.removeRecipe(mekCircuitBasic)" and the recipes.addShaped line below that. (*NOTE: this will break the intended progression of AE2 and Mekanism).

- Crash when opening the Lexica Botania (Alfheim Edition)
    This is because Enchiridion 2 expects the original Lexica Botania to be opened prior to the Alfheim Edition. Craft a plain Lexica Botania first and open it prior to using your Alfheim Edition.

- Dire Wolves spawn in lit areas
    This appears to be a bug in Enderzoo. There is no workaround other than to disable Direwolves entirely, which can be done by editing minecraft/config/enderzoo/EnderZoo.cfg and setting B:direWolfEnabled=false

- [v0.7.2 only] The Blood Magic Altar becomes invisible approached
    Known issue with WAILAPlugins-MC1.7.10-0.0.1-14. Remove that mod, or downgrade to WAILAPlugins-MC1.7.10-0.0.1-12.

- Fish Feeder tank size does not report correctly / the Fish Feeder does not accept fish food
    Workaround: Remove the fish and place them back into the Fish Feeder.

===== GETTING STARTED =====
    - What is this dirty water? Is it dangerous?

This is normal water in the wasteland biome. It is not dangerous, just ugly.

- How do I get grass blocks?
    Use a pasture seed on dirt blocks.

- How do I get long/tall grass?
    Use bone meal on grass blocks.

- How do I get saplings?
    Use mutandis on long/tall grass.

- How do I get mushrooms?
    Use mutandis on long grass or find them in caves or the Nether. Mushroom spores are also a quest reward, but these must be grown on mycellium.

- I died and now I have a potion effect "Soul Fray" - what is that?
    This is from Blood Magic, it prevents you from self-sacrificing yourself to death repeatedly. Otherwise, it has no effect.

===== GENERAL =====
    Most, if not all, of the custom mechanics are covered in the Quest Book. Be sure to read both pages thoroughly! Additionally, there are many recipe changes in the pack, so be sure to reference NEI as well.

- Can Iron Chests/Extra Utils/Thermal Expansion be added into this pack?
    These goes against the pack's goal of avoiding common "go-to" mods and so they will not be added.

- Why is there no mini-map mod?
    There is an in-game mechanism using Bibliocraft, quests for it unlock early.

- I am seeing strange messages in chat when I click blocks with a stick!
    This is a feature of the Ruins mod; don't click blocks with a stick.

- What are my options to get rid of the wasteland and actually regrow the world?
    Blood Magic, Witchery, and Thaumcraft all offer methods to change a biome.

- My Tinker's Construct tools are not leveling up!
    This is intentional. You can still use the normal modifiers.

- How do I complete a runic altar recipe?
    Place the components into the runic altar by right clicking, or dropping ("q"). Right-click with the Wand of the Forest. The item and a circular progress meter will show and will fill as mana is infused. Once the mana infusion is complete, drop ("q") a piece of livingrock on top of the runic altar then right-click with the Wand of the Forest.

- How do I get more power to my altar?
    The altar draws power from a range of 16 blocks. It can distribute power to items that are within 16 blocks, or 32 blocks if an Arthana is placed on the altar.
    From the Witchery website, the following may be put onto the altar to increase the maximum power and recharging rate (only one of each type of skull or chalice will count):
    Boosting maximum power
    - Skull + 1x base power
    - Wither Skull + 2x base power
    - Chalice + 1x base power
    - Filled Chalice + 1x base power
    Boosting recharge rate
    - Skull + 1x base recharge rate
    - Wither Skull + 2x base recharge rate
    - Torch + 1x base recharge rate
    - Candelabra + 2x base recharge rate
    - Pentacle 2x recharge rate

jaquadro said:
    Almost any tree leaf/log (mod or vanilla or otherwise) will work, but it will cap around 100 block instances or so. So you might get a big boost from planting an oak tree, but get no additional benefit for planting a second one. Planting a spruce tree wouldn't help either, since it's the same block. But planting an Acacia would, because it's a different block. Knowing your plants at a technical level will help you manage caps.
    Based on some of the mods in this pack, consider how the trees alone fall into groups:
    - Vanilla: Oak, Spruce, Birch, Jungle
    - Vanilla: Acacia, Dark Oak
    - Witchery: Rowan, Alder, Hawthorn
    - EBXL: Fir, Redwood, Acacia, Cypress
    - EBXL: Bald Cypress, Japanese Maple, Japanese Maple Shrub, Rainbow Eucalyptus
    - EBXL: Umber Autumn, Goldenrod Autumn, Vermillion Autumn, Citrine Autumn
    - Thaumcraft: Greatwood, Silverwood
    - Natura: Eucalyptus, Redwood, Hopseed
    - Natura: Sakura, Ghostwood, Bloodleaves, Willow
    - Natura: Darkwood, Fusewood
    - Natura: Maple, Silverbell, Amaranth, Tiger

Vanilla and Witchery plants are all well-supported, but have similar cap and block restraints. Almost all vanilla flowers, for example, are the same block. Third-party mod plants are generally not supported. Botania mystic flowers are an exception and will work in this pack. Most crops work, outside of Agricraft. The caps and point values aren't uniform. Points typically fall into the range of 1-4, but if you've got your altar up to the max multiplier (x5), that's 4-16 per block. It adds up quickly.
    Dragon Eggs provide a massive boost to altar power.

- Where can I find more information about the mods?
    *NOTE* Many recipes are changed for this modpack, so be sure to check NEI when crafting items. Botania, Tinker's Construct, Witchery, Thaumcraft and Mariculture provide information through in-game books.
    Select mods with additional resources:
    BuildCraft: http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/
    Witchery: https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/
    Botania: http://botaniamod.net/

===== QUEST BOOK / PROGRESSION =====
    - What's the best way to get clay for the Couper's Conductance quest?

The Horn of the Wild speeds up collecting clay from the dried grasses in the world and tall grass that you have bonemealed yourself. You can find clay in the oceans (better get a snorkel first!), and there is an early quest in Chapter 3 that will reward you with a Clayconia, which is used to turn sand into clay.

- How do I get my first Nether essence to craft Nether seeds?
    Progress your tech a bit - you'll need to go to the Nether first.

- How do I make a smeltery? Grout is disabled!
    You can make seared stone in a crucible furnacei using cobblestone, then use an ingot caster to turn the seared stone into seared bricks. This is described in the quest book, Chapter 5.

- How do I mine Thaumium-level ores?
    To achieve the Thaumium mining level you can use a Terra Shatterer from Botania (requires terrasteel), a Thaumium pickaxe from Thaumcraft, a Koboldite pickaxe from Witchery, or a Pigiron pickaxe from Tinker's Construct (requires emerald).

- What's the tool mining level progression?
    0. Flint, Bone, Vitreous
    1. Netherrack, Copper
    2. Iron
    3. Bronze, Manasteel
    4. Alumite, Elementium
    5. Thaumium, Pigiron, Koboldite
    6. Steel, Terrasteel, Elemental, Titanium
    7. Cobalt, Ardite
    8. Void, Manyullyn
    9. Osmium, Bound, Chameleon, Refined Glowstone

- I've entered Witchery's Spirit World.. do I really have to start all over?
    Note: This quest line is still under heavy development. Yes, unless you can think of a way to create some sort of chest that can transport items between dimensions..

- How do I get Certus Quartz to start AE2?
    The Certus Quartz quests get unlocked after you have the Extreme Infusion Stone and a Mechanist reputation of 70. This will require you to complete most of the quests in Chapter 5.

- How do I get Charged Certus Quartz?
    Craft an AE2 Charger.

- I've done all the quests in a chapter, but it is still not showing 100% complete!
    There are secret/hidden quests, that will only be revealed when you've met the initial requirements.

- What are the secret quests?
    • Go caving, maybe you'll find something unexpected!
    • It sure would be nice if that mob spawner weren't so far away..

===== AGRICRAFT / FARMING =====
    - What are cross crops?

Two crops (the item) on the same block.

- How do I get sugarcane?
    Place cross crops on sand between carrots and wheat. Let the plants mature and then wait.

- How do I get plants to crossbreed?
    Place cross crops between the two parent plants, and the appropriate soil in between. Plants will only spread when they are mature and have enough light.

- What are all of the crossbreeds?
    All seeds are listed in NEI. Some require special soils.

- What plants require special soils?
    Sugarcane, cactus require sand; mushrooms require mycellium; netherwart requires soul sand. All Botania flowers require UNTILLED Garden Soil. All Magical Crops require TILLED Garden Soil.
    Note: With 0.7.1, NEI will show the soil needs for mutations.

- Bone meal is not working on my (non-magical) crops! Magical fertiliser is not working on my (magical) crops!
    In most cases, this is because of a low light level. Place a torch closer.

- Bone meal is not working on my (magical) crops!
    Use magical fertiliser.

- How do I get more seeds?
    Cross crops placed next to fully grown crops will eventually spread and create a new plant.

- How do I increase my seeds' stats?
    [v0.6.5 only] Any newly grown seeds have a chance of gaining stats, whether it is the result of crossbreeding with a different species (even if there is no chance of mutation).
    [v0.7.0+] Newly grown seeds of the same parent will have a chance of gaining stats. You can no longer crossbreed with plants of different species to gain stats.

- How do I grow Netherwart?
    [v0.7.1 only] Netherwart must be grown in a dark room, on soul sand.
    [v0.7.2 only] [BUG] Netherwart won't grow in sunlight levels above 13; however, it will grow in any amount of artificial light. Basically, make sure your netherwart underneath a roof.

- What is the range of the sprinkler?
    The range is a 7-block square, centered on the sprinkler.

- What items can be composted to make Garden Soil?
    All seeds and most foods, sticks, zombie flesh. Shift-clicking an item into the composter will only work if the item is acceptable. All items give the same amount of progress (1/8). For efficiency, you can turn pumpkins into seeds for 4x the Garden Soil. Sticks are a good option early game.
    Note: If you mouse-over the Composter's input slots, items that can be composted in your inventory are highlighted.

- How can I get apatite to make fertilizer for my Forestry Multi-Farm?
    Apatine bees are the only way to get apatite. You can also use saltpeter to craft Forestry Fertilizer.

===== TECHNICAL ISSUES / RESOLVED BUGS =====
    - The Wooden Engine recipe shows redstone as a component and isn't working!

Workaround: Restart the game. Sometimes this recipe reverts to its default. The Redstone Engine recipe in this pack requires a lever instead of redstone and has been renamed to a Wooden Engine.

- Textures for Quadrum blocks (Dead Wood, Slate) are not showing up properly.
    Workaround: Turn off Anisotropic Filtering in your video settings.

- Forestry copper ore mined with a Tinker's Construct hammer/pickaxe with an auto-smelting upgrade drops apatite.
    Known issue, no workaround other than don't use auto-smelt on Forestry copper ore.

- [v0.6.5 only] ServerStart.bat file won't launch the server.
    Agricraft is out of date. Take the version of Agricraft from your client and put it into server mods. Open ServerStart.bat and change the forge version to forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277 instead of forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272. If you are using Java 7, capitalize the 'P' in "permSize=256m". If you are using Java 8, remove the "permSize=256m" altogether. Then run ServerStart.bat - this will fail, but create a bunch of files. Open eula.txt and change "eula=false" to "eula=true". Finally, run ServerStart.bat again.

- [v0.7.1 only] ServerStart.bat file won't launch the server: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ljoshie/enchiridion/wiki/gui/GuiMain;
    You can either remove the Enchiridion 2 mod from the server, or update config/enchiridion/enchiridion2.cfg and set "Disable Autodiscovery"=false.

- [v0.6.5 only] My crucible furnace crashes the game / the bottom half of the cruicible furnace has vanished!
    No workaround at this time. This will be fixed in the next release.

- [v0.7.0, v0.7.1] Spawn Sheep / Spawn Bat recipes do not work
    There seems to be some issue with it matching any color of wool. I was able to get the spawn sheep to work by adjusting the recipe to only accept white wool. You can edit minecraft/scripts/earlysurvival.zs, and find the line that starts with "val wool", make it look like: val wool = <minecraft:wool:0>;

- [v0.6.5 only] Cactus is not working in altar/alchemy catalyst recipes!
    Workaround: Place all your cactus on sand and then pick them up. This will be fixed in the next version.

===== UPGRADING FROM 0.6.5 TO 0.7.x =====
    - What changes should I be aware of regarding Agricraft and crop from prior versions?

0.70 introduced Garden Soil as a requirement for growing Botania flowers and Magical Crops. Botania flowers must be planted on UNTILLED Garden Soil. At this time, there is no way to turn TILLED Garden Soil back into UNTILLED Garden Soil. Botania flowers and Magical Crops will not grow until they are replanted on the proper soil.

- Why is it taking so long to load my world?
    In 0.70, many changes to the quest line cause HQM to spend a good amount of time figuring out how to update everything. As this still doesn't work properly, and you are comfortable doing so (make a backup of the world first!) go in and delete the minecraft/saves/<world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat file. This will reset all players' quest progress (a necessary step for upgrading anyway, see below).

- How do I upgrade from 0.6.5 to 0.7.x?
    Regrowth is still in alpha, and often quests are being added, removed, and ordering changed, which causes some difficulties when upgrading. Additional, some retro-active world generation occurs with this update, resulting in some lag during the first load in the new version.
    Note: Always take a backup of your world first! Do not apply these steps to your original save. In case of error, you can start over and try again.
    Note: The time investment is proportional to how many quests you have completed. In my case, I had around 180 complete, and this process took me about 30 minutes.

The initial upgrade of a world takes some time, be patient and ignore the HardcoreQuesting errors in the console, they are really just warnings. Keep waiting. My world takes around 5 minutes to upgrade, on a high-end system. Alternatively, you can delete the minecraft/saves/<world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat file prior to upgrading to speed things up. If you go this route, you can skip the steps to reset the book below, and begin on manual quest completion.
    Once the world has loaded, pause your game -- there's still things happening in the background and you will notice lag. In my case, I found that waiting a few minutes then restarting Minecraft entirely got rid of that lag.
    Now, onto the quest book. You'll notice that all of your reputation is lost, only Chapter 1 is available, and that it is a mishmash of completed quests. Fixing this is what's going to take the most time. Dump all of your inventory into some chests. The basic process will be to complete quests, collect rewards, then dump those rewards (unless you want to be a cheater and get double credit :p). Having a completely empty inventory makes this faster. Find a safe spot to stand where you can toss items away (I went for the ocean - void chests/bags/pipes are another option) . Life will be a lot easier if you are protected from monsters or if you turn on peaceful during the process.
    You'll need to have cheats enabled to accomplish this, so if you're in single player, go to the menu and Open to LAN, be sure to select Enable Cheats. I don't play multiplayer, but I assume you will need op privileges for the next bit.
    Now that you can run cheats, in the chat type: /hqm edit -- this will give you a quest book you can use to re-complete your quests.
    Note: If you want to make things just right, do not just dive in and start completing quests! There is a potential to over-reward yourself with reputation.
    The first thing you want to do, though counter-intuitive, is reset all the quests. This is done on the main menu page of the OP quest book by hold Control and Shift, then clicking the "Reset" button (Cmd + Shift on a Mac). This has to be done to clear out the problems in Chapter 1.
    If you do not do this, you will not be able to re-complete all Chapter 1 quests, which prevents some other quests from unlocking, which prevents you from getting your reputation points, and is not a good time.
    Now that you have a completely reset quest book, go into chapter one, and shift-click on all the quests you have completed. There are new quests in here, so be sure to leave those incomplete. Once your inventory is full, time to dump it. The easiest way is to hold down Control, Alt, and Space, then click an item in your inventory. This will throw everything out (once for the hotbar, once for the rest). You can also use NEI's cheat mode, and shift-click the trashcan icon.
    Now give yourself another book with /hqm edit in the chat. Continue through the chapters, shift-clicking quests, claiming rewards, and dumping. You will have to bounce around between the chapters; some quests are triggered by reputation, or quests from other chapters. If you get caught up with where you were, congratulations, you are ready to toss the OP book, grab your gear, and get back to regrowing the world!
    For me, this was not enough, I hit a wall - Quests weren't opening up that I knew I had completed, a bunch of ones in the Botania and Witchery quest lines, as well as a bunch from Chapter 5. Some quests are secretly triggered by holding items in your inventory. Pick up all of the following items you have or can make:
    • Leather
    • Gold Ingot
    • Aluminium Ingot
    • Lapis Lazuli
    • Redstone
    • Shards
    • Diamond
    • Blaze Rod
    This should unlock the rest of the quests and hopefully with that, you can continue completing quests to the point you were pre-upgrade.
    Many cross-breeding quest had opened up in Chapter 9, and the first quest in Chapter 11 was available. I chose to cheat my way through the cross-breeding quests and ditch the rewards, but you may wish to keep the rewards, or trigger the completions legitimately by picking up the seeds for each of the plants.
    If you are powering through, be sure to pay attention to the other miscellaneous new quests that you have probably completed, either save those rewards, or complete those quests separately to avoid trashing rewards you do deserve.

- What changes should I be aware of regarding Agricraft and crops from prior versions?
    v0.7.0 introduced Garden Soil as a requirement for growing Botania flowers and Magical Crops. Botania flowers must be planted on UNTILLED Garden Soil. At this time, there is no way to turn TILLED Garden Soil back into UNTILLED Garden Soil. Botania flowers and Magical Crops will not grow until they are replanted on the proper soil.

- How can I get the pre-0.7.x breeding behavior back?
    Edit minecraft/config/agricraft/Configuration.cfg and change Farming difficulty to 1.

===============
    FAQ Update history:
    2015-03-08 - Initial - rivvest
    2015-03-16 - Update for 0.7.1
    2015-03-19 - BBCode formatting - rihlsul
    2015-04-01 - Update for 0.7.2, rearranging

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Player.me | Twitter | Patreon
    The Regrowth gamepack is released! It's Listed in the Third Party Packs section of the Launcher!
    thephoenixlodge, Dec 9, 2014 Report
    #2 Like + Quote Reply

So sorry I still can not see it in the FAQ and this is the nth time I look, so again I am sincerely thankful to you for being aware of the known issue, is it possble you could highlight my stupidity..

I really can not see an entry relating to NEI>Fire Resistance>Recipe, or iterations of this theme.

===== 0.7.x BUGS =====
- NEI Crashes

If the crash log shows:
at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getCycledIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:114)When Enhanced Inventories tries to put together the "Inventory Crafting" page from the Wool or Wood blocks, it crashes. This doesn't happen with cobblestone (the other ingredient in the Improved Stone Chest), so I think there's a problem with the way it's putting the list of all the woods/wools together for this screen. Easily replicated by looking at uses for any color of wool or any type of wood planks, and moving to "right" of the assembly tables page. The problem does not happen when looking at that recipe directly, just when it is generated from the wood or wool component.

If the crash log shows:
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)If you load a world, everything is fine, but when you exit back to the Minecraft Main Menu and load any world again, you will hit the AE2 NEI crash when you look at any recipe. It is a known issue with Modtweaker and AE not liking recipes for the inscriber being reloaded due to it caching them.

So that's the part about crashing, I suggest doing more than just quoting the whole FAQ section, should you try to resolve your issues. Or perhaps run a thread search, which is the other common choice when looking for bugfixes in a thread.

ScoobTheNoob

Jul 29, 2019
So that's the part about crashing, I suggest doing more than just quoting the whole FAQ section, should you try to resolve your issues. Or perhaps run a thread search, which is the other common choice when looking for bugfixes in a thread.

Again thank you, sorry for taking up your time, I admit was my bad, I should have cross referenced my crash log, as for not being bothered, that would have resulted in no pastebin, no report.

So please do not get me wrong.

I still do not see how to get back into the save file, when I load into game it simply closes internal server every time, and crashes to launcher, this is without looking at recipe.