[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what mechanism is used for being able to smelt lava with TiC? Is it a mod or recipe tweak that enables this? (Was hoping to use this method in a different pack, and was disappointed when I found out it wasn't working) Fire + bucket to fluid lava is a bit klunky.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Well. I was trying to get a node in a jar for the Thaumcraft quest, and found out it had to be an energized node. So I made on, put up most of the glass around it and whatnot in preparation for jarring it, and when I removed the transducer, the whole thing exploded and put a ton of flux everywhere. So, what exactly did I do wrong?

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
First off, it can be any "Node in a jar" item. As for what happened, I don't know enough about TC4 to tell you.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
First off, it can be any "Node in a jar" item. As for what happened, I don't know enough about TC4 to tell you.

I'm fairly certain that it had to be energized, as the Thaumonomicon only showed an energized node, and when I tried jarring a regular node with a full thaumium-silverwood wand, it refused to work.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Not sure why they're rendering so dark. That's not the intended behavior.
At first I thought it may have been my eye playing a trick on me (the brightness from the bottle appearing to make the icon brighter), but it does appear there's a difference:

KfHAkyO.png

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly certain that it had to be energized, as the Thaumonomicon only showed an energized node, and when I tried jarring a regular node with a full thaumium-silverwood wand, it refused to work.
That's how it's intended to work. It sounds like you may have missed a piece of glass or something if your wand is full of all aspects.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
At first I thought it may have been my eye playing a trick on me (the brightness from the bottle appearing to make the icon brighter), but it does appear there's a difference:

KfHAkyO.png
Could you do some more investigation? In my sandbox world, as long as there's reasonable light shining onto the block (daylight or nearby torches), the icons are all quite vivid. I suspect there are other blocks or entities in your world that are changing GL state and washing out the rendering of the labels. I would bet that it's not just thaumcraft items and aspect labels that are affected. But without knowing what's causing it, I can't really do anything about it.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Not sure why they're rendering so dark. That's not the intended behavior.

That's been happening with other items in other inventories as well, including chests and when you access a chest through a tinker's crafting table. It seems to be random so far though, and it seems to mostly affect cobble on my end whenever I make pistons. *shrug* Minecraft lighting glitches ftw? XD

Okay so I re-install the pack and I try loading a new world, it worked (it didn't before). But when I load the world that I actually play on from before re-installing the pack it crashes, maybe the world corrupted the pack, IDK but I can give the crash report from that specific world. Maybe that will help.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 4/11/15 2:54 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
at climateControl.utils.Saver.savee(Saver.java:64)
at climateControl.utils.SavedNumberedItems.saved(SavedNumberedItems.java:42)
at climateControl.LockGenLayer.lock(LockGenLayer.java:87)
at climateControl.LockGenLayers.lock(LockGenLayers.java:61)
at climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerRiverMixWrapper$LockableRiverMix.lock(GenLayerRiverMixWrapper.java:112)
at climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerRiverMixWrapper.lock(GenLayerRiverMixWrapper.java:86)
at climateControl.ClimateControl.onWorldLoad(ClimateControl.java:210)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_519_ClimateControl_onWorldLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74796_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:29)
at climateControl.utils.Saver.savee(Saver.java:53)
... 13 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
Java Version: 1.7.0_67, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 874388496 bytes (833 MB) / 1797783552 bytes (1714 MB) up to 3817865216 bytes (3641 MB)
JVM Flags: 4 total; -Xms256M -Xmx4096M -XX:permSize=256m -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1291 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1291 100 mods loaded, 100 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-

Ooh, interesting. Now something is wrong with climate control's file system it seems. Wonder why one of the files or folders isn't in GZIP format... Anyway, it's a server tick loop issue, which means whatever the issue is, it's causing enough overwork for your computer that FTb is shutting down for safety and to prevent corruption and such.
Next things to try are to go to the FTB launcher and change your download location that the launcher gets it's info from, if you can find another recommended link on the FTB site, and to make sure you have 4 gigs of ram allocated to FTB. Once you've got that, try reinstalling again and see if that keeps the files in an order that java likes.

So much lag when i open the quest book on the witchery quests page, i can hardly click anything. it might be the animated/enchanted item icons cause it's only on that page.

I believe it was said early on in this thread that the lag on the Witchery page is because of all the quests you have to complete beforehand to unlock these ones.

Well. I was trying to get a node in a jar for the Thaumcraft quest, and found out it had to be an energized node. So I made on, put up most of the glass around it and whatnot in preparation for jarring it, and when I removed the transducer, the whole thing exploded and put a ton of flux everywhere. So, what exactly did I do wrong?

As far as I know you don't need an "energized node" to bottle it, though I could be confusing that with the "CONDUIT TO THE VIS DIMENSION" node you can turn a normal node into.

What are some blocks that allow faster travel on them besides ice and brownstone?

Paving stone of travel from Thaumcraft, I think Botania has something though I don't remember what it's called, I think Chisel has something as well...

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
That's how it's intended to work. It sounds like you may have missed a piece of glass or something if your wand is full of all aspects.

Nope. I made the 3x3 base under the node, surrounded it with a 3x3 donut of glass, and covered the node with another 3x3 base, and put 3x3 spruce slabs on top of that. I even double checked the setup when I was about to try to capture the energized node; even mathed it out originally so I wouldn't be stuck with excess glass.

EDIT: And when I tried to remove the transducer, the node just up and exploded, so I honestly have no clue what to do about that. I just spawned a node in a jar so I could complete that one quest, considering how I don't want to blow up all the nodes I have trying to complete it.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. I made the 3x3 base under the node, surrounded it with a 3x3 donut of glass, and covered the node with another 3x3 base, and put 3x3 spruce slabs on top of that. I even double checked the setup when I was about to try to capture the energized node; even mathed it out originally so I wouldn't be stuck with excess glass.

EDIT: And when I tried to remove the transducer, the node just up and exploded, so I honestly have no clue what to do about that. I just spawned a node in a jar so I could complete that one quest, considering how I don't want to blow up all the nodes I have trying to complete it.
You haven't mentioned right clicking the 'jar' with your wand to actually turn it into a node in a jar, which takes ~70 of each aspect in your wand IIRC. Energized nodes have nothing to do with bottling nodes, they come in further along.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
You haven't mentioned right clicking the 'jar' with your wand to actually turn it into a node in a jar, which takes ~70 of each aspect in your wand IIRC. Energized nodes have nothing to do with bottling nodes, they come in further along.

I mentioned that in my original post on the matter. I even said I had a full silverwood-thaumium wand, so it should have worked. When that didn't I rechecked the thaumonomicon and the only node it showed in the little graphic mystical construct recipe was an energized node in a 3x3x3 cube of glass topped with wooden slabs. Right clicking that construct with a regular node repeatedly with my wand didn't work, both shift-clicking and regular clicking, so I figured that the only node that would work would be an energized one, partially because that's the only thing the thaumonomicon, the only recipe in the game, showed as being used.

Themurderin

Jul 29, 2019
Sticks are slower than any other option. I got most of my garden soil from getting all my crops up to 10/10/10 and putting the excess seeds in the compost bins. You can also put saplings, plant matter in general, and food in there.

So wait, is there an actual value per resource?