[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Did it, very effective...

But lost my jungle sapling :(

Have fun with Mutandis, then. :D Although, I know Botania has some alchemy recipes to switch between saplings, not sure if you can get a jungle one though.

Edit: Alchemy, as in place an alchemy catalyst under your mana pool and see what happens when throwing some saplings in. :D

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
The thing most people don't know, is that if the BC pump is attached to >9 water source blocks, it'll actually just generate water rather than trying to pump it as an anti-lag measure.
I didn't know that. Do all the water source blocks have to be on the same y level? I'm using 3x3 pools right now but could easily go down one more level if that would work. Also, does that affect the speed at which the pump works?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
So I just got my first ME system, but it's being a bit weird shift-clicking into a terminal and out of the crafting terminal... When I was putting all my items into my drive of 1ks by shift clicking from my inventory into the terminal, it only moved about 6 stacks or so at once, so took multiple clicks to empty my inventory. (and my drives still have space, didn't run out of space)
Then shift-click crafting coal blocks only makes 22 blocks at a time, then only 3 coal is left in the crafting grid along the top side. So for some reason it stops properly re-populating the grid after the 22nd block... If I craft one at a time, it always restocks properly. (and there's over 3k coal in my drives)

*edit* I'll just try the new AE, beta 22, and see if it helps...
Does your terminal flicker when you do this? It could be that it runs out of power. Each transaction takes little bit of power. When I had just setup my ME system it would act the same until I had a decent power buffer.

Rodger

Jul 29, 2019
Does your terminal flicker when you do this? It could be that it runs out of power. Each transaction takes little bit of power. When I had just setup my ME system it would act the same until I had a decent power buffer.
I hadn't noticed any flickering, but yeah it was power. couplea energy cells and it's all good now.

Also, don't use b22, b18 is probably the most stable new version at the moment after b14

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Have fun with Mutandis, then. :D Although, I know Botania has some alchemy recipes to switch between saplings, not sure if you can get a jungle one though.

Edit: Alchemy, as in place an alchemy catalyst under your mana pool and see what happens when throwing some saplings in. :D
I will

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best way to get charcoal? I need charcoal blocks for diamond essence.

2x2 spruce saplings is by far the best and most wood productive tree to chop down and is the least messy (no breaking leaves to find wood blocks), this tree yields the most wood. To cut I find cutting a stairway up it to get to the top and then positioning in the middle to chop down.

MiloMayers

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys!, i have a big problem.. i'm playing the Regrowth mod pack Single Player and the Essence Seeds won't plant.. I obviously try to plant them on Tilled Garden Soil with Crops, but they won't plant. is it a bug? Can you help me?

(sorry for my english, guys)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019

I suggest you look at the power requirements of AE they have been VASTLY highered in a huge way.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys!, i have a big problem.. i'm playing the Regrowth mod pack Single Player and the Essence Seeds won't plant.. I obviously try to plant them on Tilled Garden Soil with Crops, but they won't plant. is it a bug? Can you help me?

(sorry for my english, guys)

They do plant on tilled garden soil in 0.7.2 or 0.7.3 if you are playing a version before that then they do not.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the latest version =(

Ok then just to make sure - take waste seeds and put them into the compost bin to make compost, take the compost and craft with dirt to make garden soil. Place down garden soil and hit it with hoe to make tilled garden soil, stick crop sticks on it and plant essence seeds.

This what you're doing?

MiloMayers

Jul 29, 2019
Ok then just to make sure - take waste seeds and put them into the compost bin to make compost, take the compost and craft with dirt to make garden soil. Place down garden soil and hit it with hoe to make tilled garden soil, stick crop sticks on it and plant essence seeds.

This what you're doing?
Well... no.. i just take normal Seeds, put it in a Mana Pool, take the Essence Seeds and try to plant it on a Tilled Garden Soil. So, i try to plant then like any other seeds. Is it wrong?

(my english is so bad, im sorry)

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Well... no.. i just take normal Seeds, put it in a Mana Pool, take the Essence Seeds and try to plant it on a Tilled Garden Soil. So, i try to plant then like any other seeds. Is it wrong?

Can you take a screenshot of what you're trying to do?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019

At the point where you are (first magical crops seeds) then yes you are doing it wrong, you don't plant it on tilled DIRT like all the other seeds up to this point. You have to make the special dirt called garden soil as I described above and you till this special garden soil to plant magical crops.

MiloMayers

Jul 29, 2019
At the point where you are (first magical crops seeds) then yes you are doing it wrong, you don't plant it on tilled DIRT like all the other seeds up to this point. You have to make the special dirt called garden soil as I described above and you till this special garden soil to plant magical crops.
Ok i will try ^^ but i saw many videos and everyone plant the seeds on a normal tilled dirt block.. but i try anyway ^^

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, it seems you are attempting to use normal tilled dirt, which is incorrect. As @b0bst3r mentioned, you need to craft Garden Soil using compost (from a compost bin) and dirt, plop that down, till that, put crops on that and then plant the seeds. Applicable to all magical seeds.

MiloMayers

Jul 29, 2019
Omg you have right.. now it works! im so grateful ^^ Thank you again!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering.. Is there any way to turn Apple Oak Saplings back into regular oak saplings? I have a forestry tree farm going for my steam power and it's going well, but now I have an over supply of the saplings and wanted to compost them. Unfortunately, they're not recognized as a compostable item by the garden core compost bin. Or does anyone know of a way to enable the forestry saplings to be used in the bin? I've looked into Garden Core configs and I couldn't find anything relating to those at all

Alternately, if for whatever reason you don't want to or can't use the converter, I believe you can turn all forestry saplings into biomass, which makes biofuel, etc, etc. Even more free power beyond what you might use as charcoal. :)