[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, what's going on with Chisel marble stairs? I make some carved marble stairs and they revert to raw marble stairs when I place them.
I remember noticing that as an issue in 0.6.5 before I started posting here. I just gave up on them and used carpenter's stairs instead.

Grandmaster_Jax

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into a bit of issue concerning Witchery and Agricraft, since you can't place the actual mandrake crop down, but rather only the Agricraft crops with mandrakes on them, it becomes impossible to make minedrakes. I'm wondering if there is a workaround. This also prevents wormwood from being made since it requires wheat to be planted.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into a bit of issue concerning Witchery and Agricraft, since you can't place the actual mandrake crop down, but rather only the Agricraft crops with mandrakes on them, it becomes impossible to make minedrakes. I'm wondering if there is a workaround. This also prevents wormwood from being made since it requires wheat to be planted.
Uhh... what? You... you plant them on the cropsticks. One fully grown of each of the parent crops, then place the double (cross) crops in the center. Example: CXC C=Parent Crop X=Cross Crop. As for wormwood, nothing has changed in regards to wispy cotton placement, just needs to be planted nearby for the mutation to take effect.

TLDR: RTFM

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering.. Is there any way to turn Apple Oak Saplings back into regular oak saplings? I have a forestry tree farm going for my steam power and it's going well, but now I have an over supply of the saplings and wanted to compost them. Unfortunately, they're not recognized as a compostable item by the garden core compost bin. Or does anyone know of a way to enable the forestry saplings to be used in the bin? I've looked into Garden Core configs and I couldn't find anything relating to those at all

Rodger

Jul 29, 2019
So I just got my first ME system, but it's being a bit weird shift-clicking into a terminal and out of the crafting terminal... When I was putting all my items into my drive of 1ks by shift clicking from my inventory into the terminal, it only moved about 6 stacks or so at once, so took multiple clicks to empty my inventory. (and my drives still have space, didn't run out of space)
Then shift-click crafting coal blocks only makes 22 blocks at a time, then only 3 coal is left in the crafting grid along the top side. So for some reason it stops properly re-populating the grid after the 22nd block... If I craft one at a time, it always restocks properly. (and there's over 3k coal in my drives)

*edit* I'll just try the new AE, beta 22, and see if it helps...

Grandmaster_Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh... what? You... you plant them on the cropsticks. One fully grown of each of the parent crops, then place the double (cross) crops in the center. Example: CXC C=Parent Crop X=Cross Crop. As for wormwood, nothing has changed in regards to wispy cotton placement, just needs to be planted nearby for the mutation to take effect.

TLDR: RTFM
I did say minedrakes right? the exploding plant? I need to perform a witchery mutation, the one where you place a cobweb, surround it on for sides by mandrakes, place graspers in the corners, with the right items, and set a creeper in the middle, there is no way to make minedrakes with agricraft. I think the issue is that I cant use actual mandrake plants in the little ritual and it doesn't accept the agricraft mandrake crop.
Here <--This is the mutation I'm talking about
But as you may see I had to use mandrakes on cropsticks, which again, does not work for this witchery mutation.

Last edited:

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that looks like it would prevent getting witchery pets, wouldn't it? I suppose you could edit agricraft configs and do the ritual, and then change it back. Sounds like this needs to be brought to the attention of witchery Dev.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I did say minedrakes right? the exploding plant? I need to perform a witchery mutation, the one where you place a cobweb, surround it on for sides by mandrakes, place graspers in the corners, with the right items, and set a creeper in the middle, there is no way to make minedrakes with agricraft. I think the issue is that I cant use actual mandrake plants in the little ritual and it doesn't accept the agricraft mandrake crop.
But as you may see I had to use mandrakes on cropsticks, which again, does not work for this witchery mutation.
My bad on the minedrakes. They do look quite similar to mandrakes, and I was heading out for a run, so for that I apologize. Still, you can make the wormwood. Which was 50% of the content you asked about.
Edit: I remember reading that mutandis extremis can make multi-stage plants. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that includes planted mandrake. You wouldn't be able to cause a block update and I do realize the ridiculous amount of mutandis you'd go through doing this. Still stands as an option for now without changing any configs.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Not ideal, but you can plant some sheared grass, then use a whole lot of mutandis extremis and cross your fingers for mandrake. 4 times.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering.. Is there any way to turn Apple Oak Saplings back into regular oak saplings? I have a forestry tree farm going for my steam power and it's going well, but now I have an over supply of the saplings and wanted to compost them. Unfortunately, they're not recognized as a compostable item by the garden core compost bin. Or does anyone know of a way to enable the forestry saplings to be used in the bin? I've looked into Garden Core configs and I couldn't find anything relating to those at all
@jaquadro any chance of this?

Grandmaster_Jax

Jul 29, 2019
My bad on the minedrakes. They do look quite similar to mandrakes, and I was heading out for a run, so for that I apologize. Still, you can make the wormwood. Which was 50% of the content you asked about.
Edit: I remember reading that mutandis extremis can make multi-stage plants. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that includes planted mandrake. You wouldn't be able to cause a block update and I do realize the ridiculous amount of mutandis you'd go through doing this. Still stands as an option for now without changing any configs.

Not ideal, but you can plant some sheared grass, then use a whole lot of mutandis extremis and cross your fingers for mandrake. 4 times.

Thats brilliant, and luckily I have no short supply of mutandis! Thank you to both of you, I shall try this out soon, as for wormwood, it requires planted wheat rather than cropstick wheat, though I feel mutandis would work there as well.

Grandmaster_Jax

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried it yet, but apple oaks and regular oaks should be marked as eachother in the ore dictionary. Mariculture provides a dictionary conversion block, I would try running some saplings through there.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Thats brilliant, and luckily I have no short supply of mutandis! Thank you to both of you, I shall try this out soon, as for wormwood, it requires planted wheat rather than cropstick wheat, though I feel mutandis would work there as well.
I was able to crossbreed wormwood with snowbell + wheat and wispy cotton nearby, as advertised in NEI.
2015-04-03_07.27.42.png

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried it yet, but apple oaks and regular oaks should be marked as eachother in the ore dictionary. Mariculture provides a dictionary conversion block, I would try running some saplings through there.

It didn't work when I tried to make the Witchery book that requires an Oak sapling (book of biomes? i forget which one it was). I'll check the Mariculture dictionary block, see if that works.