[1.7.10] Rebirth V2.9.10 | Mekanism 8 | Custom Mods | Very Stable | 7/24

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
I made a fresh install of this pack, no editing involved. After joining the official server, my client crashes when I open the questbook and click on the first link on the bottom left under the rebirth logo.

Here is the crashlog:

http://pastebin.com/PH93R73e

Edit: When I seperately download the quests.hqm file and stick it into the config/hqm folder, everything works when trying the same in a SSP instance. The crash on the server happens without the questfile in the folder. If I have it in there while playing on the server, the questbook refuses to open.

Fixed.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Added a video on 5x ore processing with Mekanism!

Server changes:

BiomesOPlenty amethyst now has an ore dictionary value - oreAmethyst. This is to allow Mekanism digital miners to mine it using the oreDict filter.

Removed villager and iron golem from the EnderIO powered spawner blacklist. Enjoy!

These changes will be included as defaults in the next update.

kalem

Jul 29, 2019
hey i have a problem its not really a bug but here it goes my friend cant do full screen (it crashes his computer) and he would like to know if theres a mod he can remove so it wont fullscreen or a config or something as it seems your modpack auto fullscreens at launch

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
hey i have a problem its not really a bug but here it goes my friend cant do full screen (it crashes his computer) and he would like to know if theres a mod he can remove so it wont fullscreen or a config or something as it seems your modpack auto fullscreens at launch

We will take note of this for our next version (we won't make it fullscreen by default.)

As a temporary solution, simply select our modpack in the FTB launcher, click "Edit Modpack", click "Open Folder", then navigate up one folder level and open the options.cfg file. Set fullscreen to 0 or false.

You can alternatively just delete the options.cfg file. This will cause Minecraft to launch with its default settings. However, if you do this, you will also lose our custom keybind settings.

If there are still issues, then remove the mod called CustomMainMenu.

** In other news **

Cool Stuff has been officially released to the public! This is a custom mod that has been in development for a while by one of our staff members, Coolmanzz2. This mod is featured in our modpack, but is now available for everyone to use in their modpacks!

Check it out here:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2404247-cools-stuff

Last edited:

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
We will be pushing a MAJOR update over the weekend.

Here is some of the things that are planned in this update to 1.3.0:

Mekanism 8! Woo hoo! Lasers and reactors!
Several other mod updates that were necessary due to Mek 8.
Several configuration changes, especially with Minetweaker, to further improve mod compatibility and integration.
Several fixes and improvements to user experience design (for example, we pinpointed why NEI lags when you press U over an item, and we will make the game start in minimized mode instead of fullscreen.)
And much more. Full changelog will be posted once the update rolls out, but we wanted people to know that we are working on an update!

Reactions: Zeref_97

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
So that's a world/map reset with Mek 8

I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure Mek 8 doesn't add anything that would demand a world reset. It doesn't add any new ores. As long as Mek 8 uses the same item names as machines from Mek 7, then everything should be ok. I will be compiling the pack tonight and testing it on our test server to see if anything breaks as a result. Fortunately, 1.7.10 uses a different ID system, and has better ways to handle new ores in a way they can be retrogened without requiring world resets, which, as long as mod devs make their mods correctly, should make it seamless for updates to occur.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Please update EnderIO too you shipped a version which was pulled, although I'm pretty sure it was pulled because it shipped with 2.8 textures.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Please update EnderIO too you shipped a version which was pulled.

Yea, there was some issues regarding wither skeletons in the nether in the past with EnderIO. At the time, that version which we updated to, that was pulled, claimed to have fixed the issue, but did not. We eventually just changed a config option on our server which disabled altogether what EnderIO does to wither skeletons (but as a consequence prevented you from being able to specify powered spawners to create them), so we will for sure include an update to EnderIO, especially since it's necessary anyways for Mekanism 8 compatibility.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019

Awesome, this will help for sure. I will put a notice out to my server to perform some of these steps, and prepare myself to refund any lost items as a result. I will also include a warning when we release the update for server owners to give their players ample time to remove pipes and clear dusts etc before updating.

A map reset isn't actually required. That link only says to backup your world in case something bad happens - if something does happen, then of course you restore the backup, solve the issue (such as someone having a machine still in the world that's breaking the game), then try updating again.

For our server, we will be making a copy of the entire server, world included, then testing this update on that copy before releasing it. Alongside with the warnings in that link, we will post some additional warnings specific to our world.

Now, let's say you update without removing pipes or dusts - they *shouldn't" break the world - instead, what happens is Forge will detect that missing block ID and ask you if you want to replace/delete them during server/game startup. Then what will end up happening is, say for example, if someone has pressurized tubes still placed in the world, Forge will just delete them since they long longer exist in Mek 8. The worst that *should* happen is you might have some upset players who lost some tubes or machines, but as long as you warn your players ahead of time *and* offer refunds of lost items after the update, then things should be ok.

Of course, I will report back here after I actually tested the update on our test server to let everyone know what the final outcome is and what they need to do to update.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 1.3.0! (Awaiting approval at time of this post)

Announcing our update a little early this time because I want people to have plenty of time to PREPARE existing worlds for the update. You MUST follow the instructions in the OP before updating to 1.3.0. If you don't, you risk corrupting your world, pissing off your server's players, or otherwise causing chaos! Mekanism 8 requires a bit of preparing so that you don't lose items and don't have to reset your world!

Changelog:

Updated the following mods:

- Another One Bites the Dust
- Applied Energistics 2
- Automagy
- Big Reactors
- Blood Magic
- Botania
- Chisel 2
- CoFH and all related mods (TE, Nether Ores, etc)
- Cool Stuff
- Draconic Evolution
- EnderIO
- Extra Cells
- Fastcraft
- Forestry
- Galacticraft
- Gany's mods
- Magic Bees
- Mekanism
- Opis/Mobius Core
- Open Mods
- Pam's Harvestcraft
- Project Red
- Refined Relocation
- Reliquary
- Sanguimancy
- Simply Jetpacks
- Solar Flux
- Tinkers Construct
- Thaumic Energistics
- Thaumic Tinkerer
- Translocator
- Twilight Forest
- Waila
- Witchery

Added YAMPST (statistics tracker)
Removed ItemPhysic

Notable changes from mod updates:

- Mekanism 8! This includes several changes, but I'll touch on some highlights:
--- Lasers, can be used to mine and cook chicken.
--- Reactors! Used as a power source.
--- ALL machines can receive upgrades! No more bottlenecks at chemical washers.
--- Machines have configurable input/output sides.
- Draconic Evolution draconium ingots no longer require 4 draconium dust and 1 iron ingot. Instead, the draconium dust can be smelted directly into draconium ingots. Yes, this does mean that draconium ore can be 5x processed with Mekanism (or using other methods, like QED and Technomancy)
- The Ultimate Bag's (Cool Stuff) bag upgrades have been fixed. No more client crashes when opening bag tabs.
- The Phoenix Core (Cool Stuff) now has a burn time, usable as a fuel.
- The Rebirth Sword (Cool Stuff) can no longer be disenchanted. Sowwy, no more free Looting X enchant books.
- Pam's Harvestcraft added more recipes and Ore Dictionary values, furthering its compatibility with cross mod foods.
- Witchery has some new stuff, like the mirror world.
- Sanguimancy now comes with a guide book, given to players on first join.
- Gany's Surface added BANNERS, as well as a handful of other 1.8 features.
- Blood Magic has new rituals and armor. So Omega!
- Reliquary got an overhaul to its brewing system.
- Magic Bees added a vis apiary booster!

Config changes:

- Amethyst (BOP) added to the Ore Dictionary. This allows Amethyst to be mined with the Digital Miner using the OreDict filter.
- Villagers and Iron Golems removed from powered spawner (EnderIO) blacklist. They were allowed with MFR spawners, so why not this one as well.
- Disabled the Magnetic Force (Random Things). Not very fair for servers.
- Omni Wrench mode set to keybind " ] "
- Draconic Evolution GUI keybind set to " [ "
- Hard mode recipe enabled for Phoenix Core (Cool Stuff) - requires dragon egg instead of nether star. This is due to how easy it is to acquire nether stars mid game.
- Disabled Auto Refill (InvTweaks). It was annoying players, especially when brewing or performing rituals. You can still enable it client side.
- Disabled Ore Dictionary usage in developer options (NEI) - this eliminates the GUI lag when pressing "U" over an item in NEI.
- Galacticraft and EnderIO silicon are now united under the same Ore Dictionary value, allowing either to be used in most silicon requiring recipes.
- Galacticraft Silicon Ore may now be processed in a SAG Mill, and will output EnderIO silicon. No more needing to mine it by hand!
- Reverted Big Reactor component recipes to require iron instead of steel. Big Reactors requires enough materials as it is, so requiring additional coal seemed like overkill.
- Disabled several mod update notifications to reduce login chat spam.
- MFR's raw and cooked meat ingots have been added to Ore Dictionary values, allowing them to be used in Pam's Harvestcraft recipes requiring raw and cooked beef and pork.
- Galacticraft cheese now shares the same Ore DIctionary value as Pam's Harvestcraft cheese, allowing it to be used in recipes.
- Client no longer starts in fullscreen mode. This should finally eliminate any issues people have with our custom main menu.
- NEI now has utility mode enabled by default, with the delete/trash button available.
- Aura Nodes (Thaumcraft) added to the blacklist for Mekanism cardboard boxes. Two reasons. 1, it essentially gave players a creative node (boxing and unboxing the node would randomize its type/brightness/vis each time). 2, could cause server crashes in some instances, or otherwise generate a hungry node.
- Possibly more that I may have forgotten about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeref_97

jua2ja

Jul 29, 2019
I updated to 1.3.0 but then I saw the server is in 1.2.2.1 so I returned to that but I am crushing. I disabled full screen but it didn't improve.

Attachments

• crash-2015-04-21_02.11.02-client.txt
    31.4 KB · Views: 61