[1.7.10] Rebirth V2.9.10 | Mekanism 8 | Custom Mods | Very Stable | 7/24

Arsomang

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded this quest file and it only has 21 quests is that the correct file?
It only has the 1 chapter Weldom to Rebirth.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
This looks absolutely amazing, I might follow up on this and maybe even try and join the server later, I am quite busy nowadays but it seems like a awell rounded pack.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
CB's DepLoader was unable to download required library vorbis-java-core-0.8-20150201.161816-1.jar
Check your internet connection and try restarting or download it manually from
http://files.qmxtech.com/libs/vorbis-java-core-0.8-20150201.161816-1.jar and put it in your mods folder

Ah, but the link is broken...

Well, we always zip our modpack downloads with the 1.7.10 folder empty, so that mods can grab the latest versions of their dependencies. If you run into an issue where a dependency's link is *consistently* broken, let us know, so we can reach out to the dev and let them know. If all else fails, we can include that dependency in future versions of the pack.

Also, version 1.3.3 has been FINALIZED and is awaiting upload with FTB. Changelogs coming soon.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to V1.3.3!

Changelog posted in OP.

Here are some screenies of new recipes and whatnot!

G2g0aLe.png

CWkf0Se.png
WBNESxA.png
T7hFiQU.png

uAUx37c.png
LYavXRp.png
BCYV8hs.png

oc7pnVj.png

Enjoy!

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
The official server's map has been RESET! Come by and get a fresh start with fresh worlds. We also switched back to Cauldron to vastly improve server performance. Whitelist has been removed.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great selection of mods, has some of my favorite ones but the pack as a whole I have 2 major criticisms, please take this as feedback I'm not trying to undermine the mod or the pack.

1 - HQM rewards are massively way too OP, we ended up removing the HQM mod from the pack.

2 - You're using Mek 8 beta, we need more frequent updates to kill off some of the really big issues with it and compatibility with other mods, so more updates more frequently please :D.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great selection of mods, has some of my favorite ones but the pack as a whole I have 2 major criticisms, please take this as feedback I'm not trying to undermine the mod or the pack.

1 - HQM rewards are massively way too OP, we ended up removing the HQM mod from the pack.

2 - You're using Mek 8 beta, we need more frequent updates to kill off some of the really big issues with it and compatibility with other mods, so more updates more frequently please :D.

We plan to keep Mek 8 up to date. In fact, we updated it with 1.3.3 to resolve the crash with logistic transporters. We can't update any further, however, until all of our mods are compatible with Forge 13XX +. They may already be, though, just haven't checked every mod yet, but we certainly are planning on making our next update to be with the new Forge.

Also, which version of the quests are you using? We included a new version of quests in 1.3.3 which were rebuilt from the ground up. Any particular quests you felt to be too much? I know our *first* quest version was OP, but those have been removed a while ago.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
OP quests help a pack when youve gone tired of the early game grind. I might join the server tommorow, its still not whitelisted right

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
OP quests help a pack when youve gone tired of the early game grind. I might join the server tommorow, its still not whitelisted right

Yes, the whitelist has been removed. Also, you are right about the quests. I wouldn't call them OP. More like 'We expect people to know how to use TiC, BM, AE2 etc by now, so we aren't going to make a bunch of quests that teach them those mods." Our quests are being designed to help people get familiar with some of the unique features of our modpack. We expect people to know how to make a blood altar or create a Thaumcraft wand, but we don't expect people to realize they can use their blood altar to charge their Thaumcraft wand. The quests will get people familiar with those kind of features, as well as overcome the early game grind.

One good example of early game grind that we feel could burn people out on our pack is Thaumcraft research. There's at least 12 tabs of research, plus the Kami stuff. That's a lot, especially when you take into account bottlenecks like Ordo. If we can push people past the mundane vanilla research so they can dive right into the addons, then we feel they will have more time to spend engaging in the deep cross mod interaction that our pack features.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why the server would be showing as unable to find the host? I've considered joining as the pack is quite interesting but being unable to find the server kind of prevents that. Also attempting to change to the technomancy screen in the thaumonomicon crashed the game, crashlog is here.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why the server would be showing as unable to find the host? I've considered joining as the pack is quite interesting but being unable to find the server kind of prevents that. Also attempting to change to the technomancy screen in the thaumonomicon crashed the game, crashlog is here.

Try connecting with 198.27.81.216:8008

Some users have experienced problems with our SRV record (rebirth.rebirthgaming.org). We intend to resolve this issue in the next version of the pack by removing the SRV from the server list, and just including the raw IP:port. Not sure why it happens, tbh. Might have to reach out to our web host and see what's up.