[1.7.10] Rebirth V2.9.10 | Mekanism 8 | Custom Mods | Very Stable | 7/24

Zeref_97

Jul 29, 2019
Ok it works fine thanks. The only problem that i have is that, when i press u for see the usage of an item, minecraft doesn't work and i have to close it. i know that the cause is mainly my pc but i remember that with certain nei version this was not happening.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Ok it works fine thanks. The only problem that i have is that, when i press u for see the usage of an item, minecraft doesn't work and i have to close it. i know that the cause is mainly my pc but i remember that with certain nei version this was not happening.

We are aware of this issue, and looking into it. My only lead on this issue is a specific conflict between QMX Numina and NEI itself. Refer to this ticket for more details: https://github.com/Chicken-Bones/NotEnoughItems/issues/155
That describes our issue perfectly, but here's the strange part. Chicken Bones fixed the issue as of NEI version 1.0.4.89, and we are running version 1.0.4.90.

There's a chance the issue still persists, however, I have personally never encountered the using when pressing U. Some players report the issue, while others are able to use U just fine.
Just to help troubleshoot, try updating your Java to the latest version. Report back if the problem persists. If you update Java and the crash keeps happening, give me the crash report and I will forward it to both the QMX MPS and Chicken Bones developers for further investigation.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 1.2.1.

- Removed wooden coin recipe
- Major: Fixed bound coin pouch bug resulting in loss of stored coins upon death.
- Updated HQM config to set multi-reward to FALSE.
- Updated MFR config to allow Deep Storage Unit recipe to output 4 instead of 1.

Zeref_97

Jul 29, 2019
Java can' t be updated is 8 update 40. I can't send you the crash because minecraft freezer. As soon As i arrive home i try to leaving on pc for an hour and i'll See if minecraft Close. If you don't understand what i have written is because i don't speak english very well

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Low tickrate occurring in the nether when no players are in the nether. This is being caused by MobiusCore. Developer has been notified, and we will update our pack when this is fixed.

Zeref_97

Jul 29, 2019
I can't send you the crash report because minecraft don't crash, it freezes for more than twenty minutes and then it resumes operation

NetherChildd

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm facing a similar glitch to Zeref_97.

Whenever I try to use the U, Shift-R, or Right-Click commands in the NEI menu, the game freezes. In anywhere from a few moments to a few minutes, it will tell me that the program is not responding, and encourages me to close it.

Also, if I switch the game to creative mode in a world I start as survival, the NEI interface disappears all together.

I can't think of any real reason why this would happen. One thing that came up while updating my Java (now completely up to date, still freezing) is that I am using the 64-bit Java version only, with no 32-bit support. Could that be a factor?

Last edited:

Froz

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the pack so far. However, I have noticed two things : 1) Having fastcraft on the server causes it to crash. 2) Andesite, diorite and the likes that spawns in the world are from Gany's Surface and cannot be used with the chisel.

xMythix

Jul 29, 2019
Just started this pack and it looks great! I am curious about the Cool Stuff mod. In one of the early quests, you give us a pickaxe condensor, but I can't find any explanation of how to use it. Also, I chose the condensed stone pickaxe as a reward because it doesn't appear to be craftable.

NetherChildd

Jul 29, 2019
Just started this pack and it looks great! I am curious about the Cool Stuff mod. In one of the early quests, you give us a pickaxe condensor, but I can't find any explanation of how to use it. Also, I chose the condensed stone pickaxe as a reward because it doesn't appear to be craftable.

Yeah, I had a hard time at first figuring it out. I experimented and finally got it, though. The pickaxe condenser is used to make condensed pickaxes of wood, stone and iron. To make a wood pickaxe, for example, you would first put a fuel source (just like a furnace) in the bottom slot, and five pieces of wood in the other slots, one in each. When enough fuel is stored (and unlike furnaces, the fuel seems to store indefinitely) the five pieces of wood will be turned into one condensed piece of wood. You have to do this four times, to get four pieces of the condensed wood. Then, put a regular wooden pickaxe in the center of the grid, put the four condensed wood pieces around it, and provide enough fuel. Tada, new condensed wood pickaxe. As far as I can tell, a condensed pickaxe of each level has the mining capacity of the next level pickaxe (wood has stone capacities, stone iron, and condensed iron pickaxes can mine obsidian). Also, important to note, I couldn't get cobblestone to work, it had to be plain stone. Hope this helps.

xMythix

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I had a hard time at first figuring it out. I experimented and finally got it, though. The pickaxe condenser is used to make condensed pickaxes of wood, stone and iron. To make a wood pickaxe, for example, you would first put a fuel source (just like a furnace) in the bottom slot, and five pieces of wood in the other slots, one in each. When enough fuel is stored (and unlike furnaces, the fuel seems to store indefinitely) the five pieces of wood will be turned into one condensed piece of wood. You have to do this four times, to get four pieces of the condensed wood. Then, put a regular wooden pickaxe in the center of the grid, put the four condensed wood pieces around it, and provide enough fuel. Tada, new condensed wood pickaxe. As far as I can tell, a condensed pickaxe of each level has the mining capacity of the next level pickaxe (wood has stone capacities, stone iron, and condensed iron pickaxes can mine obsidian). Also, important to note, I couldn't get cobblestone to work, it had to be plain stone. Hope this helps.
Ahh. Thank you very much for this information. The quest book is a little misleading then, saying I can use it to condense stone to diamonds.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE!

V1.2.2.1

Updated mods:
- Technomancy 10.e
- AgriCraft 1.3.1
- BiomesOPlenty 2.1.0.1164
- CoolStuff 1.2.0
- Draconic Evolution v1.0.1 RC 3
- EnderIO 2.2.8.354
- MobiusCore / Opis 1.2.4

Notable changes:
- Draconium ores and ingots now have ore dictionary values. This will allow it to hook properly into Technomancy and Mekanism, allowing for x5 and x7 ore processing.
- Chaos Guardians will now spawn in The End, and will not crash servers when chaos islands are generated.
- Technomancy's essentia coils will no longer cause crashes when placed next to certain Thaumcraft blocks.
- CoolStuff now has ultimate backpack slot upgrades. The backpack can be upgraded to have an additional 416 slots (104 per tab, 5 tabs total). Rebirth armor textures have been changed to something more MOLTEN!
- EnderIO updated to resolve an issue with thousands of wither skeletons spawning in the nether.
- MobiusCore and Opis updated to resolve an issue with low tps issues on servers when no players are in the nether.
- Quests are no longer included in client downloads. Quests will now only be included in server downloads of the modpack. This is to facilitate better updating and syncing of quests on our official server to connecting clients. Quests can still obtained for single player use here: www.rebirthgaming.org/rebirth
- Main menu has been adjusted to compensate for multiple screen resolutions and aspect ratios. Simply put, the menu was just centered.

Configuration changes:
- The End now includes amethyst.
- The Deep Dark and Bedrock dimensions now include yellorium.
- The overworld will now include essence ore.
- HQM party multi rewards is now enabled.

i can't join the server

It *just* updated on the FTB side today. If you already downloaded version 1.2.2, please ensure you force an update via Options in the client. We applied a hotfix overnight. I refrained from updating this thread until that hotfix went live, so anyone downloading V1.2.2 as of today should be getting the correct, working version.

Last edited:

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Was looking forward to the pack but to have to try to get the quest book working is more work than necessary:

1) Saw needed to download quest book from other site.
2) Went to other site.
3) downloaded quests.hqm
4) Put quests.hqm into mod folder as instructed.
5) fire up the modpack
6) No quests in quest book.
7) quit out and go into other modpack until this gets working again.

Pretty frustrating.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Was looking forward to the pack but to have to try to get the quest book working is more work than necessary:

1) Saw needed to download quest book from other site.
2) Went to other site.
3) downloaded quests.hqm
4) Put quests.hqm into mod folder as instructed.
5) fire up the modpack
6) No quests in quest book.
7) quit out and go into other modpack until this gets working again.

Pretty frustrating.

You placed the quests.hqm in ~/mods or in ~/config/hqm? It should be in ~/config/hqm/

I will update our post to further clarify.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
You placed the quests.hqm in ~/mods or in ~/config/hqm? It should be in ~/config/hqm/

I will update our post to further clarify.

This is copied from the site:

Here, you will find the latest version of our quests. Simply grab the download, stick it in your mod folder or on your server, and you're good to go!"

Said Mod folder. That explains why this wasn't working.

Thanks for clarifying.

Desertedbart

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way that, when we update to a new version after 1.2.2.1, we don't have to redownload quests.hqm if it's updated?

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Found a temporary fix for NEI causing clients to freeze when looking up item use.
In game, open your inventory. Select "Options" from the lower left corner of the screen. Select "NEIPlugins". Select "Options for developers". Set "Show item usage In Ore Dictionary" to "No".
We will implement this change in the next update as the default for all players.

Resolved an issue on the server with the nether causing low tickrates. Disabling the EnderIO's config option of creating separate wither skeleton mobs eliminated this lag. Recommend any other servers running our pack to make this change. Hopefully the next update of EnderIO resolves this from their end.

Added GalactiCraft cheese to the ore dictionary. Now works the same as Pam's Harvestcraft cheese.
Added GalactiCraft silicon to the ore dictionary. EnderIO and GC silicon are now usable in all silicon recipes.

Magnetic Force (Random Things) disabled. The idea of players being able to teleport to others without permission didn't seem right to us.

Sun Dial (Draconic Evolution) disabled. Can screw things up when left running. All it requires to speed up the day/night cycle is a redstone signal. We would prefer players requiring a consumable resource to change the time of day - Gany's End offers this solution.
This change will only be applied to our server download. Clients will have this option enabled, so it can be used in single player.

The above changes are only implemented on our server. These changes will be applied to our next pack update.

Last edited:

Jhary

Jul 29, 2019
I made a fresh install of this pack, no editing involved. After joining the official server, my client crashes when I open the questbook and click on the first link on the bottom left under the rebirth logo.

Here is the crashlog:

http://pastebin.com/PH93R73e

Edit: When I seperately download the quests.hqm file and stick it into the config/hqm folder, everything works when trying the same in a SSP instance. The crash on the server happens without the questfile in the folder. If I have it in there while playing on the server, the questbook refuses to open.