[1.7.10][Not HQM!] Colony [Tech][No Set World][Automation Focus][Spaaace]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jjjjoe

Jul 29, 2019
They're from Matter Overdrive. They drop Android Parts as rare-ish drops, which can eventually be used to turn yourself into an android. Go check out Matter Overdrive for more info on that. :) I think you'll find that MO adds a bunch of other awesome stuff you'll want to make as well.

Very interesting; thanks for the pointer

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just an update the server is now resettled as none of the old players seems to be coming on (did a final sweep of the list). So it will be better for any new players who wish to play.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
@Type1Ninja

The server is starting to get back to be lively again however there is unforuante bug. We cannot cast hammer heads but we can cast ingots just fine (yes we made sure everything was met including having 8 ingots worth of the same metallic material). Please look into this for us so we can have this resolved.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
@Type1Ninja

The server is starting to get back to be lively again however there is unforuante bug. We cannot cast hammer heads but we can cast ingots just fine (yes we made sure everything was met including having 8 ingots worth of the same metallic material). Please look into this for us so we can have this resolved.
Hmmm. I'll definitely look into that, and maybe start work on the next update as well. There's a ton of small tweaks I want to implement. I may remove OpenModularTurrets in favor of Geko's Lasers, and also remove Gravity Gun and Bibliocraft. I've been starting to hit the "lag threshold" in terms of mod count during testing, so I'm trying to remove stuff; Bibliocraft and Gravity Gun aren't used very often, so those are some of the few that I think I can remove without changing the pack too much.
Unfortunately, there's also a bug with HQM which will be a pain to fix... >.<

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. I'll definitely look into that, and maybe start work on the next update as well. There's a ton of small tweaks I want to implement. I may remove OpenModularTurrets in favor of Geko's Lasers, and also remove Gravity Gun and Bibliocraft. I've been starting to hit the "lag threshold" in terms of mod count during testing, so I'm trying to remove stuff; Bibliocraft and Gravity Gun aren't used very often, so those are some of the few that I think I can remove without changing the pack too much.

Thank you very much and I will inform them that it's in the works.

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, would you think that ComputerCraft might be a good addition to the modpack? I did read the HQM book, and it's main goal is to automate a lot, so why not add ComputerCraft? It adds a lot of automation such as adding turtles that can kill, break, and farm.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, would you think that ComputerCraft might be a good addition to the modpack? I did read the HQM book, and it's main goal is to automate a lot, so why not add ComputerCraft? It adds a lot of automation such as adding turtles that can kill, break, and farm.
I'm glad you asked; this is something I've thought about, and I'm happy with my decision.
The short answer is that "no, I will not include CC," but I think my reasoning is good. It was in one of the beta iterations of the pack, but I eventually removed it. The thing is, this pack has both RFTools AND Steve's Factory Manager. SFM can accomplish 95% of CC's functionality, with RFTools being able to accomplish the other 5% with it's monitors. So, there's no real reason to include CC, so I removed it, in order to reduce lag. :)

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad you asked; this is something I've thought about, and I'm happy with my decision.
The short answer is that "no, I will not include CC," but I think my reasoning is good. It was in one of the beta iterations of the pack, but I eventually removed it. The thing is, this pack has both RFTools AND Steve's Factory Manager. SFM can accomplish 95% of CC's functionality, with RFTools being able to accomplish the other 5% with it's monitors. So, there's no real reason to include CC, so I removed it, in order to reduce lag. :)
Oh, ok! I never actually messed around with RFTools and SFM. Can't wait to get started on those. ^-^

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, two questions for the next update which I would like some opinions/reasoning on:
1. Should I include Draconic Evolution?
2. Can somebody please take a look at the current Iguana Tweaks configs for me and try to figure out how to make everything get enabled properly? I'll look at it myself, of course, but I haven't been able to get IgTweaks working properly in any update. >.<

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, two questions for the next update which I would like some opinions/reasoning on:
2. Can somebody please take a look at the current Iguana Tweaks configs for me and try to figure out how to make everything get enabled properly? I'll look at it myself, of course, but I haven't been able to get IgTweaks working properly in any update. >.<
Give me a bit to look at the IgTweaks file and I'll see what needs to be done with it. In regards to draconic evolution I don't think it fits with the theme of the pack and at its current stage is fairly op in its own right last time I mess with it which was around 4 versions ago.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Give me a bit to look at the IgTweaks file and I'll see what needs to be done with it. In regards to draconic evolution I don't think it fits with the theme of the pack and at its current stage is fairly op in its own right last time I mess with it which was around 4 versions ago.
Alright, I'm attaching ALL of the current Iguana Tweaks configs to this post. This is the most trouble I've had with a config ever. >.<

As for Draconic Evolution... I do like the idea of end-game armor and tools. That said, we already have everything except invincibility armor and the giant energy storage - both of which I *really* want. Plus, if it's OP, I can always nerf the recipes - make draconium require some obscure crafting ingredient requiring you to set up a production line for, or something. :p
In terms "not recipe" balance... Well, I like the idea of having true, theoretical invincibility, or a ridiculous amount of damage, or a colossal amount of energy storage. So I don't really mind that. ;)

Here's main.cfg: http://pastebin.com/JSF4hWUz
Here's Modules.cfg: http://pastebin.com/tAyLT1wH
Here's restrictions.cfg: http://pastebin.com/4RvaZKBP

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'm attaching ALL of the current Iguana Tweaks configs to this post. This is the most trouble I've had with a config ever. >.<

As for Draconic Evolution... I do like the idea of end-game armor and tools. That said, we already have everything except invincibility armor and the giant energy storage - both of which I *really* want. Plus, if it's OP, I can always nerf the recipes - make draconium require some obscure crafting ingredient requiring you to set up a production line for, or something. :p
In terms "not recipe" balance... Well, I like the idea of having true, theoretical invincibility, or a ridiculous amount of damage, or a colossal amount of energy storage. So I don't really mind that. ;)

Here's main.cfg: http://pastebin.com/JSF4hWUz
Here's Modules.cfg: http://pastebin.com/tAyLT1wH
Here's restrictions.cfg: http://pastebin.com/4RvaZKBP
It looks like the config is downloading as an errored file and is generating a full default config. If you open the errored file it has the changes I think you intended to make to the config. Why its downloading as an errored config I'm not sure of but that looks to be the problem you are having with the IgTweaks configs. The power storage in draconic evolution though is amazing and that I would say is balanced by its pure cost in blocks of redstone and draconium. Most of it is extremely end game but when you are running nether and end quarries you get the draconium so quick its not very balanced at all.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like the config is downloading as an errored file and is generating a full default config. If you open the errored file it has the changes I think you intended to make to the config. Why its downloading as an errored config I'm not sure of but that looks to be the problem you are having with the IgTweaks configs. The power storage in draconic evolution though is amazing and that I would say is balanced by its pure cost in blocks of redstone and draconium. Most of it is extremely end game but when you are running nether and end quarries you get the draconium so quick its not very balanced at all.
Hmm... Thanks for the advice. I'll go through and reconfigure everything. Do you know if I have it set so the changes I make will be enabled?
About DE: Like I said, I'll make Draconium require some un-quarry-able resource that you have to set up a production line for. BOOM! BALANCE! :p

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... Thanks for the advice. I'll go through and reconfigure everything. Do you know if I have it set so the changes I make will be enabled?
About DE: Like I said, I'll make Draconium require some un-quarry-able resource that you have to set up a production line for. BOOM! BALANCE! :p
In the modules file change restrictions and tweaks to true and they should be enabled. You could also just revert it to the old recipe for draconium of 4 draconium dust and an iron ingot for a smeltable dust that gives 2 draconium.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
In the modules file change restrictions and tweaks to true and they should be enabled. You could also just revert it to the old recipe for draconium of 4 draconium dust and an iron ingot for a smeltable dust that gives 2 draconium.
Nah, I like the idea of being evil and requiring the induction smelter or fluid transposer and maybe even multiple steps. Build MOAR production lines! :D

alphadeltablue

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up, there's a *fairly* good chance that OpenModularTurrets will be removed in favor of Geko's Lasers in the next update. Feel free to continue using them, just be aware that they'll be removed soon.
Also, I'd really like for someone to get the Iguana Tweaks configs working - I somehow appear to have disabled all the fun stuff, while leaving the difficult stuff enabled. I'll take a look at it myself later. :(

EDIT: Bibliocraft and Gravity Gun will also be removed.

I'm in favour of removing OMT completely, without replacement.
Though if you add Geko's Lasers, disable Laserite Ore generation, and tweak the recipes to require diamonds or something instead.

I know, right? Still in favour of CC.

1. I don't think Draconic Evolution is a good fit for Colony.

Also, disable Draconium ore generation, and make it require enderium, fluxed electrum, and the crystals from Redstone Arsenal.

Here's another idea: Make Draconium ore smelt to Enderium/Ender pearls. Don't forget the induction smelter Cinnabar/Rich Slag recipes.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in favour of removing OMT completely, without replacement.
Though if you add Geko's Lasers, disable Laserite Ore generation, and tweak the recipes to require diamonds or something instead.

I know, right? Still in favour of CC.

1. I don't think Draconic Evolution is a good fit for Colony.

Also, disable Draconium ore generation, and make it require enderium, fluxed electrum, and the crystals from Redstone Arsenal.

Here's another idea: Make Draconium ore smelt to Enderium/Ender pearls. Don't forget the induction smelter Cinnabar/Rich Slag recipes.
I'm adding Geko's Lasers because I want it, not because I wanted a replacement for OMT. Geko's just adds some stuff which duplicates some of the stuff you can get from OMT, so I decided to remove OMT as well.
Not adding CC back. 'Nuff said. :p
I like Draconic Evolution... I like the armor, and the tools, and the energy storage... I'm going to put it in; I think it will be fine.
I have some balancing in mind DE - I'm currently planning to make Draconium be 4 Draconium Dust and 2 Enderium Blend in an Induction Smelter for 2 Draconium Ingots. I think that will suffice for balance.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
@Harvest88, could you describe your Hammer-casting bug in more detail? I tested in a single player creative world on my newest version, and I was able to cast Iron, Pig Iron, and Steel Hammer Heads from a smeltery into a casting table with a Hammer Head cast.
In other news, the update is almost done. I've done all the features and tweaks - I'm going to update the CoFH family of mods (yay, infinite throughput fluiducts! :D), as well as a couple other mods, and then try to fix a couple of bugs - specifically, the bugs for Matter Overdrive and HQM which, if either is installed, makes the pack crash before starting up. >.<

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
@Harvest88, could you describe your Hammer-casting bug in more detail? I tested in a single player creative world on my newest version, and I was able to cast Iron, Pig Iron, and Steel Hammer Heads from a smeltery into a casting table with a Hammer Head cast.
In other news, the update is almost done. I've done all the features and tweaks - I'm going to update the CoFH family of mods (yay, infinite throughput fluiducts! :D), as well as a couple other mods, and then try to fix a couple of bugs - specifically, the bugs for Matter Overdrive and HQM which, if either is installed, makes the pack crash before starting up. >.<

Alumium Brass just doesn't go in the cast at all even though if we have more than 8 ingots melted inside the tank.