[1.7.10] MindfoldParad0x [HQM][Adventure][Skyblock]

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, has anyone got tips for getting Aluminium?
I'm at the Alloy Furnance quest and i am farming Aluminium, but slowly.
Is there a faster methode than salvage Lab Blocks?
Oh, and i am 7 hours in it, is it good?
What I did:
Make a transfer node and a single world interaction upgrade. Yes, getting the 4 pieces of lapis is a pain in the butt if you don't have the item card for it but it's definately worth getting infinite cobble at that stage without having to mine it/pick it up yourself and losing half of it in the process. You should already have a sugar cane farm and with that, you only have to wait until the stone gets decomposed (a stack gave me 2-3 aluminium and you need 32 in total).

Is it possible to add Jabba and Iron Chests in the next update? I already have two double chests full of Hydrogen and Oxygen (plus lots of different kinds of foods) and it's most likely going to add up to a full room of them before I can finally make an ME system.

Timm638

Jul 29, 2019
I have completet the quest in the Creator's way.
After that, i also made a ccobble gen, using the exactly same way.
I made in general chat a tips thread, so people can share their tips.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
What I did:
Make a transfer node and a single world interaction upgrade. Yes, getting the 4 pieces of lapis is a pain in the butt if you don't have the item card for it but it's definately worth getting infinite cobble at that stage without having to mine it/pick it up yourself and losing half of it in the process. You should already have a sugar cane farm and with that, you only have to wait until the stone gets decomposed (a stack gave me 2-3 aluminium and you need 32 in total).

Is it possible to add Jabba and Iron Chests in the next update? I already have two double chests full of Hydrogen and Oxygen (plus lots of different kinds of foods) and it's most likely going to add up to a full room of them before I can finally make an ME system.

Transfer Node with an Interaction Upgrade is essential if you want to complete the map - you will need some singularities - and the fastest way to get them is to use the node with alot of world interaction upgrades in it, since the more upgrades - the faster it produces cobble. However, making it at that point in the game is really cool and fast! Our testers would make the most simple cobble gen without cobble loss at that point, maybe automate it with a block breaker from OpenBlocks, since it detects block update, and, therefore, instantly breaks the cobble created by streams of water and lava. But your idea with getting 4 lapis to make a cobblegen that early, before you are given a lapis card is pretty interesting, that is a way we've not thought about. Chemistry sure can save your life in this map :)

Iron chests will not be added, since they are known to lag the server-client networking pretty hard. JABBA was already suggested in this post, but people always forget about TE's caches. They might not have the functionality of JABBA, but you do not really need that functionality to begin with. You only need barrels to store Oxygen and Hydrogen, since they are the elements that exist in almost all items/blocks you are decomposing. If you only need a storage for them it is worth it to get 4 ingots of tin and make a cache.

I have completet the quest in the Creator's way.
After that, i also made a ccobble gen, using the exactly same way.
I made in general chat a tips thread, so people can share their tips.

Thanks for creating a thread in the chat! Can we add it to the top of the post, so people can go there to check out the tips without having to search for the thread in the chat section?

Timm638

Jul 29, 2019
---
Thanks for creating a thread in the chat! Can we add it to the top of the post, so people can go there to check out the tips without having to search for the thread in the chat section?

Yes, you can. I haven't copyrigthed it or so. :p

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Transfer Node with an Interaction Upgrade is essential if you want to complete the map - you will need some singularities - and the fastest way to get them is to use the node with alot of world interaction upgrades in it, since the more upgrades - the faster it produces cobble. However, making it at that point in the game is really cool and fast! Our testers would make the most simple cobble gen without cobble loss at that point, maybe automate it with a block breaker from OpenBlocks, since it detects block update, and, therefore, instantly breaks the cobble created by streams of water and lava. But your idea with getting 4 lapis to make a cobblegen that early, before you are given a lapis card is pretty interesting, that is a way we've not thought about. Chemistry sure can save your life in this map :)
Yup, otherwise I might have just gone insane. I found the two autonomous activators, when I was digging around and used them to get cobble at first but without a vacuum hopper, about half of the cobble fell into the lava. As for the block breaker: A diamond pick isn't really that easy to make at that point, even with a mobfarm.

Iron chests will not be added, since they are known to lag the server-client networking pretty hard. JABBA was already suggested in this post, but people always forget about TE's caches. They might not have the functionality of JABBA, but you do not really need that functionality to begin with. You only need barrels to store Oxygen and Hydrogen, since they are the elements that exist in almost all items/blocks you are decomposing. If you only need a storage for them it is worth it to get 4 ingots of tin and make a cache.
Oh, that sucks, didn't know they were that bad - iron chests would be just perfect for stuff like food, which I have way too many variations of. I guess, it's time to farm some more poor tin ore then. :p

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Iron chests will not be added, since they are known to lag the server-client networking pretty hard.

Is Iron Chests in general bad, or are you specifically talking about Crystal Chests? Chrystal Chests are often banned/disabled by MC servers because they easily cause poor performance. However, I've never heard of the mod in general being bad for lag.

JABBA was already suggested in this post, but people always forget about TE's caches. They might not have the functionality of JABBA, but you do not really need that functionality to begin with. You only need barrels to store Oxygen and Hydrogen, since they are the elements that exist in almost all items/blocks you are decomposing. If you only need a storage for them it is worth it to get 4 ingots of tin and make a cache.

/shudders at TE caches

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that sucks, didn't know they were that bad - iron chests would be just perfect for stuff like food, which I have way too many variations of. I guess, it's time to farm some more poor tin ore then. :p

Is Iron Chests in general bad, or are you specifically talking about Crystal Chests? Chrystal Chests are often banned/disabled by MC servers because they easily cause poor performance. However, I've never heard of the mod in general being bad for lag.

Crystal and obsidian chests cause the most amounts of lag, true. However, if you look at the OPIS data, for example, you will be surprized by the amount of lag different chests cause. It is not really that bad, but again - if you need a bigger chest - use TE's strongboxes - the first two(basic and reinforced?) are actually much more cheap, than their analogs from IronChests.

As for the block breaker: A diamond pick isn't really that easy to make at that point, even with a mobfarm.

Again, as always about the map - search for alternative routes. There is one quest, that many people do not take into consideration - the 'Jungle in a box', the quest, that teaches you how to get cocoa beans. You might think "Why do I need them, apart from cookies and chocolate?". However, here lies one of the best ways to get carbon in this map. Cocoa grows really fast, and gets decomposed insanely efficent. From 1 stack of cocoa beans you can get around 32 stacks of carbon, or even more! If you grow enough you then just need to get the carbon and use it to make whatever you want from coal to diamond blocks! This is the easiest way to get done with the Polytool quest too. So, getting diamonds is actually very easy - you just need a tiny bit of chemistry.

Timm638

Jul 29, 2019
Crystal and obsidian chests cause the most amounts of lag, true. However, if you look at the OPIS data, for example, you will be surprized by the amount of lag different chests cause. It is not really that bad, but again - if you need a bigger chest - use TE's strongboxes - the first two(basic and reinforced?) are actually much more cheap, than their analogs from IronChests.

Again, as always about the map - search for alternative routes. There is one quest, that many people do not take into consideration - the 'Jungle in a box', the quest, that teaches you how to get cocoa beans. You might think "Why do I need them, apart from cookies and chocolate?". However, here lies one of the best ways to get carbon in this map. Cocoa grows really fast, and gets decomposed insanely efficent. From 1 stack of cocoa beans you can get around 32 stacks of carbon, or even more! If you grow enough you then just need to get the carbon and use it to make whatever you want from coal to diamond blocks! This is the easiest way to get done with the Polytool quest too. So, getting diamonds is actually very easy - you just need a tiny bit of chemistry.
Please put such things in spoilers...

myrilla

Jul 29, 2019
How do I download the server pack? Am I missing something? The button is greyed out in the FTB launcher.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
How do I download the server pack? Am I missing something? The button is greyed out in the FTB launcher.
There seems to be an issue with our current host. We are changing that already, so you just have to wait untill FTB updates the links.

ArmyHeLL07

Jul 29, 2019
61b640c6b5.jpg
what should i do?

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
-=pic=-
what should i do?

This is a minechem bug. It is the same for roses/poppys too. It is very random, sometimes it occues, sometimes not. I had the same bug, but other testers didn't. If there is no recipe for lilac you may just abandon the quest, or /hqm edit it. There might be another way of getting that bush, I clearly remember adding some crafting recipes to avoid these bugs(there is one for melons too!), I just do not know if there is there a lilac recipe. Sometimes a restart may help too(though I do not know how and why that is the case). You can report that issue to minechem's github issues page, if that isn't already fixed, I assure you - we've added no chem syntesiser recipes, so it is not a modpack's fault.

ArmyHeLL07

Jul 29, 2019
im not proud of it but i cheated it :/ sorry about that :) but rose is easy you have to do a grass land and bone meal it then you should get roses and combine them :)

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a random sneaky-peak over the new quests that will be in the next(1.7) update! Hope to release it in a couple of days :)
1.7.sneakpeak.png

I have also heard, that the next update has something to do with WAILA and devices from the Paradox Mod... I wonder what could it be? ;)

Dracology

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a couple questions if you don't mind

Firstly and most importantly
I need silicon for circuits, but the minechem recipe doesn't seem to work and I also don't seem to be allowed to make a sag mill to get it that way. I'm a bit stumped.

Secondly and less likely for you to answer..
Also I've been told to progress a certain quest line I need to find personal literature of the crew. The carpenter safes in their rooms were empty and i've found a few hidden safes around the ship but nothing that progresses it beyond the beginning. These books /are/ physically on the ship somewhere, right? I don't want to crawl through the vents and tear the ship down to its hull for nothing.

Dracology

Jul 29, 2019
oh god. okay I'm dumb. I assumed you synthsised teh silicon but its normal crafting. That's what was throwing me.

Still curious about the other question tho~!