[1.7.10] MindfoldParad0x [HQM][Adventure][Skyblock]

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, @Modbder , we need tempestas essentia for the Thaumcraft paradox resolving quest. Sadly, it's only obtainable from mana beans and ethereal essence, which makes this one much much harder to get than all other aspects needed for the quest.

[edit]
Another bug: You can't submit mystical accessories.

Last edited:

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, @Modbder , we need tempestas essentia for the Thaumcraft paradox resolving quest. Sadly, it's only obtainable from mana beans and ethereal essence, which makes this one much much harder to get than all other aspects needed for the quest.

[edit]
Another bug: You can't submit mystical accessories.

Tempestas essentia is not really obtainable in vanilla TC aswell, as far as I'm aware, always had to get that one from mana beans. Well, at least there is a quest that gives you a wisp Entity Card as a result. And a pech one too.

Mystical Accesories is fine, no need to really submit it. It tells you the crafting recipe(?) and you do not really need the quest.

Edit: Actually, I've just logged in and checked that quest. You can submit it, just give it the plain accessory, without right-clicking it and turning it into other accesory.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Tempestas essentia is not really obtainable in vanilla TC aswell, as far as I'm aware, always had to get that one from mana beans. Well, at least there is a quest that gives you a wisp Entity Card as a result. And a pech one too.

Mystical Accesories is fine, no need to really submit it. It tells you the crafting recipe(?) and you do not really need the quest.

Edit: Actually, I've just logged in and checked that quest. You can submit it, just give it the plain accessory, without right-clicking it and turning it into other accesory.

I did that, and it did not work.

wcownz12233

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finding it hard to get both passive and hostile mobs naturally, is it to do with the fact that the map is an ocean biome??

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finding it hard to get both passive and hostile mobs naturally, is it to do with the fact that the map is an ocean biome??
I do not think that it really matters. Passive mobs are really hard to get, true - that is why you should actually finish the Entity Cards quest for the peacefull mobs(sheep,cow,etc.). Hostile mobs are a problem for a lot of people, however, that problem is possible to solve - look a page or two back in the post - there are solutions. The easiest is to build a regular mob spawner somewhere outside the ship - there is no "breath" mechanics, so it is fine to break the ship.

wcownz12233

Jul 29, 2019
I do not think that it really matters. Passive mobs are really hard to get, true - that is why you should actually finish the Entity Cards quest for the peacefull mobs(sheep,cow,etc.). Hostile mobs are a problem for a lot of people, however, that problem is possible to solve - look a page or two back in the post - there are solutions. The easiest is to build a regular mob spawner somewhere outside the ship - there is no "breath" mechanics, so it is fine to break the ship.
Thanks for the help.

bobcat333

Jul 29, 2019
I am having difficulties putting in t he pack code... its calling it an "Invalid Pack Code" Could you help me out? :confused:

BalaisePascal

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, thanks for this very fun and atmospheric pack!

Seems you've forgot to put hqm out of edit mode in the 1.5 update though :/

PS : another bug : while in "Liquid Storage" Iron Tank Walls and Iron Tank Valves are now properly detected, Iron Tank Gauges still aren't, making this quest impossible to complete.

Last edited:

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, thanks for this very fun and atmospheric pack!

Seems you've forgot to put hqm out of edit mode in the 1.5 update though :/

PS : another bug : while in "Liquid Storage" Iron Tank Walls and Iron Tank Valves are now properly detected, Iron Tank Gauges still aren't, making this quest impossible to complete.

Well, that is strange. I am pretty sure, that the Iron Gauges are set to NBT-independant detection mode. Guess, I'll have to look into that again to make sure, that the metadata is correct.Can you please also tell, if that is true for the steel tank quest aswell?

It is 1.6, not 1.5, and the fixed config version is available already. Just wait a little before FTB synces the newest patch to their servers ;)

BalaisePascal

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the /hqm edit command, that will give you an OP book, where you can shift-click any quest to insta-complete it.
Yes, but as I didn't wanna cheese anything, I actually edited the config file to remove the edit mode of HQM ^^
I'll wait for FTB update and eventually will cheese this one quest.

Timm638

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, has anyone got tips for getting Aluminium?
I'm at the Alloy Furnance quest and i am farming Aluminium, but slowly.
Is there a faster methode than salvage Lab Blocks?
Oh, and i am 7 hours in it, is it good?

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, has anyone got tips for getting Aluminium?
I'm at the Alloy Furnance quest and i am farming Aluminium, but slowly.
Is there a faster methode than salvage Lab Blocks?
Oh, and i am 7 hours in it, is it good?

my advice: fuck alluminium, try to get pulverizer as fast as you can, and pulverize cobble to gravel, gravel to sand, sand to dust and use that dust with ex nihilo barrel (filled with water) to ge clay. if you think thats so grindy and hard, try to get alluminium from smooth stone ^^ good luck mate!

edit: where can i find changelog, i don't see on the main post after 1.5

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
my advice: fuck alluminium, try to get pulverizer as fast as you can, and pulverize cobble to gravel, gravel to sand, sand to dust and use that dust with ex nihilo barrel (filled with water) to ge clay. if you think thats so grindy and hard, try to get alluminium from smooth stone ^^ good luck mate!

edit: where can i find changelog, i don't see on the main post after 1.5

The guy from our team is busy now, so he can't edit the post to put in the changelog. I will put it in the comments somewhere.

Well, the clay is really a bad quest to complete for sure. We agree, that it is the most horrible of the quests. However, there is another way of getting it - if you look into the recipes for Kaolinite you may find a recipe branch to get the Aluminium from Certus Quartz. You can get the quartz by completing the first AE quest. To complete that quest you need 64 nether quartz... And that is not that much, actually. You can get more than a half of that amount just by decomposing the plates in the dining room+your starting room, even if you are unlucky. The left amount of certus quartz can be pbtained by decomposing the walls the ship is made of - just make sure to chisel the walls into metadata 0 before decomposing. After that use the Pure Certus Quartz to make blocks and craft those blocks back to Certus Quartz(since you can't decompose the Pure Crystals you need to get them back into their original shape). After decomposing 8 certus quartz crystals you should get exactly 32 aluminium.

Or you can try rushing the pulveriser as said above, the recipe is not that hard by that point in the game. Also true.

However, in most quests like that there is an alternative way of doing the quest, the easier path, that requires you to perform more steps. Always try looking all the possible recipes via NEI before trying to do what the book tells. It tells you the basic way, which may not be the fastest and most efficent.

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
The guy from our team is busy now, so he can't edit the post to put in the changelog. I will put it in the comments somewhere.

Well, the clay is really a bad quest to complete for sure. We agree, that it is the most horrible of the quests. However, there is another way of getting it - if you look into the recipes for Kaolinite you may find a recipe branch to get the Aluminium from Certus Quartz. You can get the quartz by completing the first AE quest. To complete that quest you need 64 nether quartz... And that is not that much, actually. You can get more than a half of that amount just by decomposing the plates in the dining room+your starting room, even if you are unlucky. The left amount of certus quartz can be pbtained by decomposing the walls the ship is made of - just make sure to chisel the walls into metadata 0 before decomposing. After that use the Pure Certus Quartz to make blocks and craft those blocks back to Certus Quartz(since you can't decompose the Pure Crystals you need to get them back into their original shape). After decomposing 8 certus quartz crystals you should get exactly 32 aluminium.

Or you can try rushing the pulveriser as said above, the recipe is not that hard by that point in the game. Also true.

However, in most quests like that there is an alternative way of doing the quest, the easier path, that requires you to perform more steps. Always try looking all the possible recipes via NEI before trying to do what the book tells. It tells you the basic way, which may not be the fastest and most efficent.

thanks for the answer!!

about nei recipes. well sometimes its really boring just checking 300ish recipes :D and thanks for the ship wall advice thingy. man i need 12 quartz and was going crazy.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
I finally a changelog ;)

*Quest Changes:
*Fixed Railcraft related quests(Maybe not as it turned out, need to figure that out)
*Fixed some quests in the Paradox Resolving section
*Fixed Mystical Accessories(hopefully?)
*Fixed some spelling mistakes(not much though)
*Fixed the Wand Of Entropy Quest
*Fixed the Resonant Storage Quest

*Recipe Changes:
*Tweaked around some recipes, may be a little bit more balanced now.
*Serverpack Changes:
*Updated the serverpack to the latest version(1.6)
*Config Changes:
*Disabled the Invisible RC blocks.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad that also was written in the readme file in the modpack...
Well, some people might want to see the changelog before re-downloading the modpack to update it. Usually the changelog is in the top of the post, but TheMysticDark has some internet problems, so he is unable to edit the post at the moment. That's why I've posted the changelog in the comments.