[1.7.10] MindfoldParad0x [HQM][Adventure][Skyblock]

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
@Modbder For the quest Wand of Entropy, I made a fully charged entropy manipulator but I can't submit it.
Hmm, that is strange, it should work... Well, thats one more quest that needs fixing in my todo list then ;) Good thing that there are not much there. Bad thing, that no beta-testers reported them, so I could fix them before releasing and you have to experience problems.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
"please hang over"

Hand over, the paintbrush starting quest
Thanks! There are a lot of spelling mistakes in the HQM and in the regular books for sure, since english is not the main language for any of us, and for some it is not even the second language. It would be great to point them out, since it is kinda hard for us to notice them all. It would be best to just use any kind of spelling check programm(ms word, for example)... If there was a way to access the HQM quest data as a file.

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
Also for me anyway the reward claim button for the Steam Production quest does not work and I can't claim the reward for that quest.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Also for me anyway the reward claim button for the Steam Production quest does not work and I can't claim the reward for that quest.
It gives you a lot of steam bottles. Each bottle occupies 1 slot in your inventory. To claim the reward for that quest you need to have a lot of free space in your inventory.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! There are a lot of spelling mistakes in the HQM and in the regular books for sure, since english is not the main language for any of us, and for some it is not even the second language. It would be great to point them out, since it is kinda hard for us to notice them all. It would be best to just use any kind of spelling check programm(ms word, for example)... If there was a way to access the HQM quest data as a file.
Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v it into a word document?
Quick Edit: I don't know what goes into the coding for the quests but I know enough Java coding to know that it could be MUCH more involved than that...

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
My verdict on the Modpack:

(Drum roll please)

Too much grinding for my taste (SOOOOOO much hunger used for a darn generator!)

Still a viable pack for me. Keep it up!

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v it into a word document?
Quick Edit: I don't know what goes into the coding for the quests but I know enough Java coding to know that it could be MUCH more involved than that...
That would be awesome if that would be the way to do that. Unfortunately, HQM uses a very strange way of saving quest data - it is not a simple txt file, nor it is a NBT file. So, I do not know if that is really possible to open the file. That would be nice though.

Reactions: Pudding01

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
My verdict on the Modpack:

(Drum roll please)

Too much grinding for my taste (SOOOOOO much hunger used for a darn generator!)

Still a viable pack for me. Keep it up!
Thanks! Yes, indeed it is grindy (well, it is a skyblock after all), but it is possible to skip the earliest grind a little bit by using both minechem and blue power - just scrap the ship for some blocks that give you resources. There is a lot of iron to be found, and you can melt down the monitors for gold.

Reactions: Pudding01

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
@Modbder Does the Tesla Reactor work? My setup is like in the book and your mod thread, yet it does nothing: http://i.imgur.com/9jzWk9w.jpg
I can't tell for sure... but I sense Railcraft's invisible blocks. You can try building this structure somewhere else, where you were not walking. Or just turn those blocks off in the .cfg file, still not sure - do you actually need them to progress in Railcraft?

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
I can't tell for sure... but I sense Railcraft's invisible blocks. You can try building this structure somewhere else, where you were not walking. Or just turn those blocks off in the .cfg file, still not sure - do you actually need them to progress in Railcraft?

It randomly started working now... weird. And no, you don't need the invisible blocks.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
No you don't, they're only used with one item that lets you see where people have been if its enabled. Apparently on railcraft's part there is some isAir function or something on blocks that all mods should use instead of checking id 0 I believe for the problem with them, I know there was apparently some official forge/minecraft way of dealing with them that most mods just don't use so it may be worth reporting it as a possible bug to the devs of that mod.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Anothing submitting error: Can't submit the full resonant energy cells for the paradox resolving quest (at least I don't know which settings exactly it wants).

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
No you don't, they're only used with one item that lets you see where people have been if its enabled. Apparently on railcraft's part there is some isAir function or something on blocks that all mods should use instead of checking id 0 I believe for the problem with them, I know there was apparently some official forge/minecraft way of dealing with them that most mods just don't use so it may be worth reporting it as a possible bug to the devs of that mod.
It is already fixed in the later versions of the mod. The problem is - the latest versions are kinda dev and unstable at the moment. Yes, there is a isAirBlock(x,y,z) check in code.