[1.7.10] MindfoldParad0x [HQM][Adventure][Skyblock]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Just for my own mind safty are their any computers we need? on the ship
foremost of the golden ones?
Nope, you can tear the ship apart if you want to - there are no systems/redstone contraptions there, and everything, that is essential for 100% completion are some items, not blocks.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
How do we perform the division sigil ritual?
When I put dark glass above the enchantment table, it is dark enough (The enchantment table then is not lit by outside sources), however it can't see the moon then.
If I remove the glass, it can see the moon, but then it is no longer dark enough. Since it is always bright outside, I don't see how I can perform the ritual with those two points conflicting with each other.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
How do we perform the division sigil ritual?
When I put dark glass above the enchantment table, it is dark enough (The enchantment table then is not lit by outside sources), however it can't see the moon then.
If I remove the glass, it can see the moon, but then it is no longer dark enough. Since it is always bright outside, I don't see how I can perform the ritual with those two points conflicting with each other.
Well, that is a really good point, actually! I think you've found a bug, but I do not believe that the activation is necessarry - unstable ingots can be crafted using any sigil type, even not active ones. We will add an alternative Cursed Earth recipe then, as well as an active sigil if you really need it. Thanks again for bugreporting! And, because we know, there may be bugs we left the cheatmods on ;)

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Here you go, some new MineTweaker scripts with those recipes changed - I will post it here, since it takes some time for the FTB to update the modpack, and you may want that fix now. Just unpack the archive in the folder, where the modpack is installed(where the folders like saves and skripts are located), and it should work, I hope :)

Reactions: Pandemoneus

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Here you go, some new MineTweaker scripts with those recipes changed - I will post it here, since it takes some time for the FTB to update the modpack, and you may want that fix now. Just unpack the archive in the folder, where the modpack is installed(where the folders like saves and skripts are located), and it should work, I hope :)

Sadly, there is a bug within the tweaks.zs file.

ERROR: tweaks.zs:27: Could not resolve <paradoxmod : paradoxECard: 10>
ERROR: tweaks.zs:27 > not a valid lvalue

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, there is a bug within the tweaks.zs file.

ERROR: tweaks.zs:27: Could not resolve <paradoxmod : paradoxECard: 10>
ERROR: tweaks.zs:27 > not a valid lvalue
That is actually fine, just delete the line 27 in the tweaks.zs - you can open it with any text editor. The problem is - this file is from 1.3 version, where FTB still hasn't updated the modpack to 1.3, and still keeps 1.2 at the launcher...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
You pack seems to be very very interesting!! Shame you released it just a few days before JamPack was announced... :(

Also, Forge has the Java 8 bug fixed for a couple months now. No need for the java fixer mod. Actually, modded MC should be played in Java8 since it has huge performance boosts in memory managment but people still thinks java 8 will cause problems and dont upgrade it....

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
You pack seems to be very very interesting!! Shame you released it just a few days before JamPack was announced... :(

Also, Forge has the Java 8 bug fixed for a couple months now. No need for the java fixer mod. Actually, modded MC should be played in Java8 since it has huge performance boosts in memory managment but people still thinks java 8 will cause problems and dont upgrade it....
That is true, unless you are using an old version of forge, which you shouldn't, but believe me, I had some crashlogs from people, using the aincient forge releases, which is really strange. Anyway, thanks for telling that!)

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
So... what is this 'wind touch' effect? Or its a secret?
It is from one of the mods, and it does nothing - just an indicator that you had an event with the wind not too far ago. Those events are normlly used to go to the other dimension in the late-game, but in this modpack all dimensions(well, at least most of them) are disabled to fit the story, and make the player to build structures of ore production, instead of just setting up a quarrg - the only dimension left is the deep dark, but we've made the recipe for the portal much harder. So, the effect does nothing in general, and totally nothing in the modpack :)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
... the only dimension left is the deep dark, but we've made the recipe for the portal much harder. ...

Checking recipe.... HOLY Fu.... Ok... maybe should start automating this.... Checks for Steves Factory Manager... nop... damn, ok... forget it(for now) :p

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I would change the beginner quest that gives 5 iron to give a little more iron so smart asses like me dont go like making shears to be able to collect vines and make pink vines and end up without enough iron for the survivalist generator....

Seems I will have to use the synthesizer much sooner then expected! :)

Edit: Playing for a couple of hours. Loving it so far. The ship, the story, the quests. Seems pretty well though and well balanced! I would suggest adding aroma backups for you know... backups and also using Lockdown mod so you can just automatically create a new world and not having to unpack packs and such

Last edited:

ZJamie

Jul 29, 2019
So I created a new world to test something as I suspect it is causing me lag and I spawned in a complete void. Nothing is there, perhaps a bug?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So I created a new world to test something as I suspect it is causing me lag and I spawned in a complete void. Nothing is there, perhaps a bug?
Nop... Ex-nihilo is configured to creat void worlds. That is why the game brings the save game already with it and that is why I recomended adding Lockdown, so we can just create new worlds.

You will have to make a copy of your world folder or just unrar the map that is in the saves file to a new folder to get a fresh world.

And, what do you suspect is causing lag? Because I am also trying to understand why when I look to a specific zone of the station, my FPS drops from 150-200 to 30

ZJamie

Jul 29, 2019
Nop... Ex-nihilo is configured to creat void worlds. That is why the game brings the save game already with it and that is why I recomended adding Lockdown, so we can just create new worlds.

You will have to make a copy of your world folder or just unrar the map that is in the saves file to a new folder to get a fresh world.

And, what do you suspect is causing lag? Because I am also trying to understand why when I look to a specific zone of the station, my FPS drops from 150-200 to 30
Thanks a lot, will try that with the world, I suspect it is the Iron Tank full of oxygen causing my lag, it is when I look in that zone of the station when my frames drop

Edit: Iv'e just tested it, and no, it is not the iron tank full of oxygen causing my FPS drop, I have destroyed all of the decocraft and bibliocraft items aswell and still no improvement.

Last edited:

ZJamie

Jul 29, 2019
I found a bug with not being able to craft the Essential Craft 3 Research book. Research book  2.JPG Research book 1.JPG The first image is the recipe in NEI, the second in the crafting table. I shift-clicked the recipe in and put it in piece by piece for the same outcome.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
I would change the beginner quest that gives 5 iron to give a little more iron so smart asses like me dont go like making shears to be able to collect vines and make pink vines and end up without enough iron for the survivalist generator....

Seems I will have to use the synthesizer much sooner then expected! :)

Edit: Playing for a couple of hours. Loving it so far. The ship, the story, the quests. Seems pretty well though and well balanced! I would suggest adding aroma backups for you know... backups and also using Lockdown mod so you can just automatically create a new world and not having to unpack packs and such

You are not alone with that iron quest ;) That's why there is a printing press on the map.

Thanks a lot, will try that with the world, I suspect it is the Iron Tank full of oxygen causing my lag, it is when I look in that zone of the station when my frames drop

Edit: Iv'e just tested it, and no, it is not the iron tank full of oxygen causing my FPS drop, I have destroyed all of the decocraft and bibliocraft items aswell and still no improvement.

We were testing it yesterday - turns out those are not only Decocraft blocks lagging the game, but also Malisis Doors - and it turned out, that they lag the game even more, than the decocraft blocks do.

I found a bug with not being able to craft the Essential Craft 3 Research book. View attachment 16073 View attachment 16076 The first image is the recipe in NEI, the second in the crafting table. I shift-clicked the recipe in and put it in piece by piece for the same outcome.

Check the books in the crafting table - I suspect them having some metadata, thanks to chisel, and they shouldn't, Just craft the books manually.

ZJamie

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for both points, my frames a far better now that the Malisis Doors are gone and yes, the books did have metadata on them, they were the books that I got from breaking the bookshelves in one of the rooms, chisel them back to normal before breaking them and it should be alright I suppose :)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I do not think its only the doors. Yes! Doors make my fps go to 100 from 200 but there is a specific zone, between jade room and the room next to it that when I look at it, frames just like 30!!! It doesn't matter where I am or the height I am. If I look there, frames go down.

I will remove all the doors later and see if it still happens. Worst case, its one less thing giving fps problems and reducing the number of blocks that I have to analize.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

DarkxElocius

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the ModPack to 1.4

Changelog:

*Updated ParadoxMod to 1.2, changes:
*Custom doors intoduced
*WAILA support added​
*Map Changes:
*Removed MalisisDoors from the map, not from the modpack. Reason: Lags.
*Replaced MalisisDoors with custom doors from Paradox.
*Added the /fixFramerate command, automatically deletes some DecoCraft blocks, which generate lag.​
*Modlist Changes:
*Added WAILA. Reason: requests.
*Added InventoryTweaks. Reason: request.
*Added Steve's Factory Manager. Reason: not sure why that wasn't in the mospack in the first place.​
*Recipe Changes:
*Division Sigil is now craftable.
*Stable Sigil is now craftable.
*SFM: Changed the Inventory Cable recipe.
*SFM: Changed the Block Manager recipe.
*EnderIO: Added lots and lots of recipes.​
*Quests Changes:
*A Loggy Day: Dirt required changed from 10 to 5.
*Sugar Rush: Dirt required changed from 6 to 4.
*The power of (heart): Dirt required changed from 6 to 4.
*Wooden tools: Is now a sidequest.
*Homemade Bread: A quater of a heart is now a part of the reward.
*Much Pink, such growth: Now requires 4096 dye, instead of 16384. Is now a repeatable quest. Reward changed to be a heart+reward bags.
*Better Power: reward changed to be 3 carbon nanotubes.​