[1.7.10] MindfoldParad0x [HQM][Adventure][Skyblock]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
In the new map, do you also remove the malisis force field on the ships engine or this one doesnt cause lag(So I can know what to replace on my map, dont want to restart)?

Also, was there a way to 'deconstruct' the malisis doors and get back the blocks used to make them? Not going to do it since they are not supposed to be in the map but I'm am curious if it was an hidden help or not.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
In the new map, do you also remove the malisis force field on the ships engine or this one doesnt cause lag(So I can know what to replace on my map, dont want to restart)?

Also, was there a way to 'deconstruct' the malisis doors and get back the blocks used to make them? Not going to do it since they are not supposed to be in the map but I'm am curious if it was an hidden help or not.
Force field generates much less lag, than the malisis doors do, so they are not removed - they are not a 3d model of custom rendering, just an animated texture.

I believe, that there is no way to obtain blocks back from the doors.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Force field generates much less lag, than the malisis doors do, so they are not removed - they are not a 3d model of custom rendering, just an animated texture.

I believe, that there is no way to obtain blocks back from the doors.
So... the octuple compressed cobblestone in the doors was just a troll? :)

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, about firestone ore: Isn't it supposed to drop Raw Firestone when mined? I always get the ore block back, so I wonder how to get firestone.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, about firestone ore: Isn't it supposed to drop Raw Firestone when mined? I always get the ore block back, so I wonder how to get firestone.
It got changed in one of the RC updates - you need to put the ore inside the Rock Crusher to get the Raw Firestone.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Just removed all the doors and decocraft from the map. Also a lot of bibliocraft stuff that causes issues like the floppy disk rack. FPS is much better but thre is still something between my room and Jade room. In this 'area', wherever I am in the ship and look there I lose like 100 FPS! At least now I drop from 200 to 100 and I dont notice, before I was going from 150 to 30....

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
By the way.... You have the tracking aura active on railcraft options which cause the creation of the infamous hiddenblocks from railcraft. Yes, they disappear after 30 seconds but...even so... I like to disable them.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
By the way.... You have the tracking aura active on railcraft options which cause the creation of the infamous hiddenblocks from railcraft. Yes, they disappear after 30 seconds but...even so... I like to disable them.
Yes, sure - we just are not sure - do you need this option for anything?

Just removed all the doors and decocraft from the map. Also a lot of bibliocraft stuff that causes issues like the floppy disk rack. FPS is much better but thre is still something between my room and Jade room. In this 'area', wherever I am in the ship and look there I lose like 100 FPS! At least now I drop from 200 to 100 and I dont notice, before I was going from 150 to 30....

Weird, not sure what causes the framerate drop there - really, there is nothing special in that place... Will have to "dig that place out" to find out - what block there causes the amount of lag... Thanks for the information though!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
You are right, there is nothing there!
Opis doesnt indicate nothing, not that I remove decocraft and the doors.
MCEdit shows nothing(that is how I noticed the hidden blocks but removing them didnt helped)
Shift+F3 shows an huge spike in processing blockEntities(from 15% to 40%) but... their debugger wasnt made for modding so it says 'unspecified'...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: add Jabba or iron chests so we dont have 100 vanilla chests until we get the ME system. Not sure how far away the ME system is in the quest line but asking for 4k pink slime on first chapter... A barrel could be of some use.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: add Jabba or iron chests so we dont have 100 vanilla chests until we get the ME system. Not sure how far away the ME system is in the quest line but asking for 4k pink slime on first chapter... A barrel could be of some use.
You know what - since you are, like, the 100-th person to ask for one of those mods I guess we should really add one of them. And I think, that JABBA is the winner here - iron chests is known for the amount of lag it creates with it's crystal chests. I'm just afraid of it being just another mod, that increases the memory required by the game, and is not really used - there are caches from Thermal Expansion, and they basically are barrels...

PyroGa11z

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but i can't seem to spawn mobs. I've tried the suggested 6x1x3, and a dark room, always 24+ blocks away, and no mobs ever spawn for me. Anyone have a suggestion?

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but i can't seem to spawn mobs. I've tried the suggested 6x1x3, and a dark room, always 24+ blocks away, and no mobs ever spawn for me. Anyone have a suggestion?

Are you, by chance, playing on peaceful? Other than that, try making a bigger room.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, some of our testers had the similar problem - it seems to be due to the way mc spawning mechanics work - it tries to build the chunk list for the mobs to spawn within, and then chooses a random chunk from that list to spawn the mob in. It works really well with normal skyblocks, since the mob spawners are pretty much the only place the mobs can even get a chance to spawn, but in here mc has the whole station to try to spawn the mobs in. It seems, that it reduces the chance for the mobs to spawn in the smaller rooms, but it still works perfect for the big rooms - so, yes, try creating a bigger room. You can even destroy some lamps somewhere to make it dark, but that is where it gets dangerous ;)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
'Bigger' is the solution. When I make X by 1 by 3, I always get almost no mobs. I then upgrade it to X by 2 by 3 and its a mob parade :)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
You know what - since you are, like, the 100-th person to ask for one of those mods I guess we should really add one of them. And I think, that JABBA is the winner here - iron chests is known for the amount of lag it creates with it's crystal chests. I'm just afraid of it being just another mod, that increases the memory required by the game, and is not really used - there are caches from Thermal Expansion, and they basically are barrels...
Crystal chests can just be disabled but between both mods its a question of hoarding a big quantity of a few items are hoarding a lot of diferent items.
And I always forget the caches... need to try them

PyroGa11z

Jul 29, 2019
Took over anjellica's room (6x7). completely dark and I've left the game on hard mode since i started. just want to know if i can solve this before cheating.

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Took over anjellica's room (6x7). completely dark and I've left the game on hard mode since i started. just want to know if i can solve this before cheating.
Well, you need to make sure, that you are far enough, that the mobs can indeed spawn there - f7 shows the spawn locations, and wait a little. You, again, can try beaking all the light sorces, for example, in the ME core, and stay in the observatory for some time - the mobs should then spawn in the ME room, but it can be dangerous. I guess, you can complete both mob-spawning quests by using MineChem, but it will take ages, and is absolutely boring too. Then, if you are playing the latest version you will have the ability to spawn mobs the same way you create ores - so yeah, no global need for the mobspawner.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Its just my impression or the RF paradox generator does not stop consuming power? Or is it generating the 100 internal paradox buffer?

Edit: the reference where the Apperifier stops when it receives a redstone signal would be better in the quest with the rf paradox generator, since its here where its useful and players might forget about this when they reach this point

Edit2: Yep, it was just filling the buffer. I am accumulating energy again

Last edited: