[1.7.10] MindfoldParad0x [HQM][Adventure][Skyblock]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

unseennote

Jul 29, 2019
I find this pack to be quite challenging x_x I probably need to play with more people, I'm bad at games.

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
I find this pack to be quite challenging
It is. The amount of grinding it is needed just to sustain yourself is staggering.
I probably planned out my food bad as well. For some reason I thought getting power would solve all my problems so I spent all my cookies on making cobble, when I should've used it on dirt to get a HUGE sugarcane farm going on before even thinking about doing anything else.
But I guess i'll be on the tree grind then.

BTW, does it just seem to me, or is there literally NO point in doing cider? Apple juice gives just the same amount of hunger, but doesn't use sugar.. or does cider have other effects?

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
I find this pack to be quite challenging x_x I probably need to play with more people, I'm bad at games.
Most our testers also found the pack to be challenging, unless you really plan everything ahead. :(

It is. The amount of grinding it is needed just to sustain yourself is staggering.
I probably planned out my food bad as well. For some reason I thought getting power would solve all my problems so I spent all my cookies on making cobble, when I should've used it on dirt to get a HUGE sugarcane farm going on before even thinking about doing anything else.
But I guess i'll be on the tree grind then.

BTW, does it just seem to me, or is there literally NO point in doing cider? Apple juice gives just the same amount of hunger, but doesn't use sugar.. or does cider have other effects?

It might be more efficent in the Culinary Generator.
The most efficent way for our testers to start was a very early cobble generator, to not spend all your hunger on clicks, and then going all into minechem - it gives you a really nice grass recipe, that is very cheap to make, and gives you 16 grass as a result. It also allows you to get lots of food just from growing trees - there is a wheat recipe. The general advice on how to make the pack feel easier - try finding other ways to do everything, find alternate recipes - minechem is really good at this, not with the clay one though ;)

Dashawn Johnson

Jul 29, 2019
I died using the handy paradox generator(didn't know using it with no hunger would result in a death), and I can't get the map back. I also don't see a download link on this forum post. Help? xD

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
I died using the handy paradox generator(didn't know using it with no hunger would result in a death), and I can't get the map back. I also don't see a download link on this forum post. Help? xD
Will add the link to the map to the main post.
You are not supposed to die upon clicking the generator - it is the HungerOverhaul mod instantly killing you since you had no hunger ;)

LordOfTheHues

Jul 29, 2019
Where do i install the resource pack too cause i put it in all the folders i thought it needed to be in and its not working

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
It is not a normal resource pack, this is the sounpack
Actually, it is installed just as a regular resource pack - just open your game, select options -> resource packs. Click "Open Resource Pack Folder" button and put your .zip (and make sure it is not damaged, and is a .zip archive) in there. Get back into the game, close the oprions, and re-open them again. The resourcepack then should be in the list - just click it's picture and press Done.

gamermsn

Jul 29, 2019
i just started the mod pack and i don't know how to start it and i can't find a quest book or anyhting

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
folding of the mind during a game of poker... Really...
Well, believe, we had no idea how to understand the word "mindfold" - it just seemed cool for us)
In the 1.4 version there will be a cookie on the map named after you, good sir ;)

i just started the mod pack and i don't know how to start it and i can't find a quest book or anyhting

You can watch the guide video we've made in the Guide spoiler, it has all the information you need to start playing.

spiritofmc

Jul 29, 2019
The trailer is one of the best i've seen in a while. Even better than Blast Off. I'm glad i noticed this map pack. keep up the good work.;)

nat2601

Jul 29, 2019
LOOKS AMAZING!!!! 1 problem though... in the thread title it says hqm but in the modlist for the modpack on the launcher it doesnt show HQM, did you remove it or did you forget to put it in?

ZJamie

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this pack for a few hours now (It's awesome :D) and was wondering if there's a reason for no inventory tweaks or waila?

Modbder

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this pack for a few hours now (It's awesome :D) and was wondering if there's a reason for no inventory tweaks or waila?
No, there are no real reasons why there is no WAILA or InvTweaks. You can install them yourself if you want to :)

flammehawk

Jul 29, 2019
Just for my own mind safty are their any computers we need? on the ship
foremost of the golden ones?