[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
It's not exactly difficult to get on top of the sphere, just tower up with cobble.

Also, you can get a lot of charged whitestones from reward bags. I don't even know what they're used for but i have dozens.
If you have a charged one in your inventory, if you would've died, you'll be healed to full and the stone will lose its charge.

Futuradu63

Jul 29, 2019
Please post (i.e. upload to http://pastebin.com or https://gist.github.com) MaterialEnergy4/minecraft/logs/fml-client-latest.log
If you are playing on a server, please also provide us with fml-server-latest.log

Also, please post step-by-step list of what you did. Starting this map should be as simple as loading FTB launcher, selecting "Material Energy^4" in the "3rd party" tab, pressing "Launch" and creating a new world via "Single Player" button.

I go on FTB I go to 3rd, I launch the map and is downloaded. Then I run minecraft and I create a new world, but the world is one basic and not the beginning of the map
I am not English so I translated and it's not easy to understand if you said /

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
So I started using the ender quarry and ender pump and I have some questions.

Is there a way to set a vertical limit for the quarry? I did a small section in miners delight and it mined all the way down to reflection pools. This would be a big problem since the disk changing room is also directly below it. The in game information seems to suggest you can set a vertical limit with fences, but when I tried it the quarry just told me "area is too small".

For the pump I am hitting a bug where in certain chunks, it is pumping out the cryotheum from my reactor, no matter what liquid I have it sitting on. This was tested in the biosphere (which is cryotheum) and the nether sphere (which is blazing pyrotheum). Do I just have to avoid that chunk or is there a work around?

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019

Is there a way to set a vertical limit for the quarry? I did a small section in miners delight and it mined all the way down to reflection pools. This would be a big problem since the disk changing room is also directly below it. The in game information seems to suggest you can set a vertical limit with fences, but when I tried it the quarry just told me "area is too small".

For the pump I am hitting a bug where in certain chunks, it is pumping out the cryotheum from my reactor, no matter what liquid I have it sitting on. This was tested in the biosphere (which is cryotheum) and the nether sphere (which is blazing pyrotheum). Do I just have to avoid that chunk or is there a work around?
I wonder about the quarry myself, especially since you get handed some ender markers early on.

As for the pump, the workaround is to move your reactor. If you put it on top of the observatory or high up in the chem lab, you're probably fine.

Alternately, put it inside a Compact Machine. As that places it in a different dimension entirely, it's completely safe from the pump.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that my Mainmenu looks like this?
o9Klj1Z.png

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

There is a trick or two to dealing with those things.

For the quarry empty the spacial IO aria and dig along the wall to the left. On the inside of the glass. Once you reach the corners you will find the spacial IO pylons. And you can wire the spacial system up to that. Simply run a Ae cable (any type will do even the cheapest ones) along the roof of the path you made. (Adding some more ineffable glass to the hole near the entrance might be a good idea.)
Then relocate the spacial system near the door and connect the wires. (Remember to make a back up copy of your world first.)

For the pump your best bet is to move the reactor somewhere above where you are pumping at. Like the observatory. That should be above the place where you start pumping.

SecretSnake55

Jul 29, 2019
May I make a suggestion If you are starting a new world!

1= install 1.03 load-up to start menu quit - install 1.04 load-up to start menu quit -"FIX for title screen is missing texture FIX or see #7"
2= add Fastcraft mod http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820
3= add OptiFine "optional" http://optifine.net/downloads
4= add Texture Pack "optional" I recommend: http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-rel-packs/feed-the-beast-material-energy-t3319.html
4= add dual hotbar mod "optional: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/223272-dual-hotbar

5= add Practicalities Mod "not optional" http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ft-mods/wip-mods/2181911-practicalities-0-6-1
To replace the "buggy Magnet" Just don't use any other part of the mod!
6= Update all mods in the pack "not optional will fix many bugs" except "Ancient Trees" had trouble updating that one!
7= Remove "custom menu mod" really - it sucks lol "optional"

You still will have TConstruct trouble's but bonni's latest git looks to fix many problems when it comes out! :)

o9Klj1Z.png

Derpsalot

Jul 29, 2019
Reporting a discrepancy: Downloading the pack from FTB launcher gets you version 1.16 of Compact Machines, but the server download comes with version 1.12. This causes you not to be able to connect if you make your own server unless you upgrade/downgrade the version

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a charged one in your inventory, if you would've died, you'll be healed to full and the stone will lose its charge.
Oh, neat. Can't say I particularly need that though as i've only died thrice and at least 2 of those times it was due to a bug.

Also, the start menu has missing textures.
o9Klj1Z.png

Known issue. Download the previous version of ME^4 (1.03) and then redownload the latest one.

Reporting a discrepancy: Downloading the pack from FTB launcher gets you version 1.16 of Compact Machines, but the server download comes with version 1.12. This causes you not to be able to connect if you make your own server unless you upgrade/downgrade the version

Yes, another known issue. parcel31u should really have put all these issues in the OP by now, or preferably fixed 'em. Definitely lends support to the rumour he got banned, though i've no idea why.

Last edited:

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intentional that there's a single spot in Inclusion Chamber^4 that gives you lots of (if not infinite) XP?

Edit: Make that 2 spots.

Last edited:

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm finally starting to get the hang of everything, except now I ran into a bit of a confusing dilemma:
How do the fusion and fission chambers work? I just started on the Minechem content in order to do the Soul Sand quest in the Nether Sphere (I'm assuming I need to do that before I can get the quest for the yellow wool). Except I don't really understand how the fusion and fission chambers work, as I'm assuming I'm gonna need them later. Do I need to use the leadstone energy cells to power them?

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Is it not possible on this map to use spatial storage for anything other than loading the already populated disks in the inclusion chamber? I would really like to move spawners around using a 2^3 spatial storage cell but ingame and creative testing have not produced any results. The same exact setup in the DW20 pack moves a single 1x1x1 space no problem. Poking around in the configs makes it seem like the spatial storage dimensions are already spoken for and that is why disks I create don't work?

Platoonsgt1

Jul 29, 2019
How do the fusion and fission chambers work?
They only work of pure elements, so Hydrogen (1), Helium (2), Carbon (12), Oxygen (16) etc.
The fusion chamber joins two elements together into a single one with a combined proton count (H(1) + H(1) -> He(2) etc)
The fission chamber seperates an element into two elements with half the proton count, rounded down (He(2) -> 2x H(1) etc)
Both of these do require power, I'd recommend using a tesseract if you've got one to spare.

Is it not possible on this map to use spatial storage for anything other than loading the already populated disks in the inclusion chamber?
The spatial storage stuff works on a whitelist basis for what blocks you can move into and out of storage. I know for a fact the EnderIO attraction obelisk, and the Thermal Expansion power cells aren't whitelisted, so most of the machines from both those mods and probably quite a lot of machines aren't whitelisted, and can't be put into spatial storage.
If you setup your own spatial areas they should work fine, try testing if you can store decorative blocks. It's even possible to create a new 58^3 area and load in one of the main rooms into it.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
The spatial storage stuff works on a whitelist basis for what blocks you can move into and out of storage. I know for a fact the EnderIO attraction obelisk, and the Thermal Expansion power cells aren't whitelisted, so most of the machines from both those mods and probably quite a lot of machines aren't whitelisted, and can't be put into spatial storage.
If you setup your own spatial areas they should work fine, try testing if you can store decorative blocks. It's even possible to create a new 58^3 area and load in one of the main rooms into it.

Thanks for trying to help me out. I should mention that for my test I was merely trying to move a piece of smooth stone. Works fine in my DW20 test world but in ME^4 the reported energy needed is 0RF and the block does not transfer to the drive. A 8x8x8 volume similarly reports 0RF required which makes me think there is some sort of minimum volume set somewhere, or else AE2 won't work when the power requirement is 0. In my DW20 world a 1x1x1 volume takes 10kRF and I know the power multipliers in ME^4 are very low compared to normal so perhaps that is the problem?

As far as setup goes, I'm mimicing what is already setup in the inclusion chamber. 2 parallel pylons making up diagonal edges of a cube. So to move a 1x1x1, I'm using 3-high pylons seperated by 1 block. The inclusion chamber uses two 60-height pylons spaced 58 blocks apart.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making good progress. I'm figuring out the Minechem content and getting into the Universal Seed content. Now, however, I have a few questions:
1) Where am I supposed to get Cobalt? One of the quests requires an alloy from it, and I can't see where to get Cobalt outside fusion, and that would take a massive amount of power to generate 5 cobalt bars worth of...Cobalt.
2) The quest that requires 20 Spacial IO ports. Are you seriously supposed to make 20 of them or am I missing something?
3) I'm starting to run out of room on my ME drive and I want to make a second one. However, it requires inscription blueprints that I have no idea how to get. Is it something that I'll be able to get later, or is it deliberately made to be unobtainable?
FYI, I made it up to clearing out the Nether sphere, I haven't done the quest that gives the next spatial IO.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Random glitch. Reog and they won't be there.
Ah, I see.

I'm making good progress. I'm figuring out the Minechem content and getting into the Universal Seed content. Now, however, I have a few questions:
1) Where am I supposed to get Cobalt? One of the quests requires an alloy from it, and I can't see where to get Cobalt outside fusion, and that would take a massive amount of power to generate 5 cobalt bars worth of...Cobalt.
2) The quest that requires 20 Spacial IO ports. Are you seriously supposed to make 20 of them or am I missing something?
3) I'm starting to run out of room on my ME drive and I want to make a second one. However, it requires inscription blueprints that I have no idea how to get. Is it something that I'll be able to get later, or is it deliberately made to be unobtainable?
FYI, I made it up to clearing out the Nether sphere, I haven't done the quest that gives the next spatial IO.
1) Hint: Cobalt Nitrate. ;)
2) No idea, haven't found an easier way yet.
3) Can't remember where but I got 2 4k ME Storage Components pretty much at the beginning. Also, you should have 6 storage cells in total (4x 1k, 2x 4k). And yes, you can find all of the presses later.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019

1)
Make a cactus farm, smelt to greens, decompose to cobalt nitrate and then elemental cobalt and then finally use the synethesizer to turn 16 elemental cobalt into cobalt ingots

2) I've not found an alternative outside of making them. Spatial IO seeds take 32 so that isn't a good option.

3)
It is in your best interest to move the contents of the Spatial IO room to a spot not under the incubation chamber. Doing so reveals a hidden drive in the energy cell multiblock behind the monitor. Next look under the hallway tying the observatory to the incubation chamber and you'll find two ME chests with 4k drives. Finally, scan the upper walls of the reflection pool to find three 64k drives. Now use vanilla chests with storage buses for one off items, tools, etc and you should be good.
There is a chest with 10 1k drives hidden in the rotunda. Get low and look up closely and you should see it. Sneaky Parcel!