[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I got some "Phlorbs" from a reward bag. They are empty florbs, but you can right-click them, which destroys them.

All florbs start empty. You use the liquid transposer to fill them with something. Like lava from the magma crucible.

aussiegaylord

Jul 29, 2019
i have a problem, i just downloaded the pack and i have started a new world but i cannot use the travel anchors. its like they refuse to connect to each other or something.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
With the version of Fluxed Crystals in ME4 1.0.4, you need to power the Powered Soil directly. (as in connect power conduits directly to the soil) The Farm Manager no longer does that. The Farm Manager has actually been removed in later versions of Fluxed Crystals.
Ah, thanks, powering them directly did it.
I thought you get 2 seeds back when you break a fully grown plant? It only gives me 1 seed and no chunks. To get one of those, only rightclicking works.

Yup. Way to cheaty even for this pack. Of coarse you can just dig out the wall and ladder down from there. :D
A water bucket it is then. *sigh*

Another question:
Are the remaining oreberry bushes (everything except aluminium and xp) hidden in another area or do I really have to spend 28 diamonds to get one of each of the other ones?

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
I thought you get 2 seeds back when you break a fully grown plant? It only gives me 1 seed and no chunks. To get one of those, only rightclicking works.

I don't think they're supposed to drop anymore than 1 seed, but if i break them with my pickaxe it drops 2. I assumed it was a bug (because that's seriously OP) but it might be intentional, who knows.

Another question:
Are the remaining oreberry bushes (everything except aluminium and xp) hidden in another area or do I really have to spend 28 diamonds to get one of each of the other ones?

You'll find other varieties (including XP) once you get to the overworld.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

A water bucket it is then. *sigh*

Another question:

Don't worry about that there's a ton of diamonds in minors delight, vanilla mining, and hole diamond blocks in one or two of the arias. Chiseled ones mind you.

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I am having a problem updating some mods. I tried to put in the new version of thermal foundation (RC4-58). When I try to launch the game it tells me to update cofhcore. So I do that, version 3.0.0RC4-204. When I try to launch minecraft then it tells me to update forge. So I do that (installed into the libraries folder) and rename the forge version in pack.json. Now minecraft won't launch at all, it simply dumps me back to the pack selection screen. I should note that minecraft does run if I only use the new forge, but there is at least one very obvious bug. It seems like cofhcore is the problem.

Where did I go wrong?

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, am I the only person here who has no idea how many of the stuff works? For instance, right now I'm trying to power the machines that are at the observatory, but I have no idea how to do so. I see the leadstone energies, but I can't find any wires or cables that can be crafted. Plus, I have no idea what the ME cable sticking out from the ground is for. Am I just an idiot, or is there something I'm not getting at?

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Just opened a Legendary reward bag that I grew. Got a few drums. Bedrockium drums. This one is the definition of OP:
2015-03-06_23.12.59.png

(it is worth 102 400 emeralds)

Last edited:

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, am I the only person here who has no idea how many of the stuff works? For instance, right now I'm trying to power the machines that are at the observatory, but I have no idea how to do so. I see the leadstone energies, but I can't find any wires or cables that can be crafted. Plus, I have no idea what the ME cable sticking out from the ground is for. Am I just an idiot, or is there something I'm not getting at?
To power machines - use Energy Conduits (you can find a stack of them in one of the chests or strongboxes in the observatory).

ME (short for Matter Energy) is a way of storing items in a very compact way as "bytes" on special disks ("Storage Cells"). At the start you have two 4k storage cells (hidden) worth of storage. To access it, you need to connect Smart or Glass cable to this Dense Cable, and then put Crafting Terminal (found in one of the strongboxes) onto it. I would highly recommend watching any spotlight on Applied Energetics 2 to get familiar with the mod (this applies to all the mods in the pack!)

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
To power machines - use Energy Conduits (you can find a stack of them in one of the chests or strongboxes in the observatory).

ME (short for Matter Energy) is a way of storing items in a very compact way as "bytes" on special disks ("Storage Cells"). At the start you have two 4k storage cells (hidden) worth of storage. To access it, you need to connect Smart or Glass cable to this Dense Cable, and then put Crafting Terminal (found in one of the strongboxes) onto it. I would highly recommend watching any spotlight on Applied Energetics 2 to get familiar with the mod (this applies to all the mods in the pack!)
First of all, I failed to realize that the redstone conduits were what transfers power now. I'm used to using Leadstone and other conduits from Agrarian Skies.

Secondly, is this kind of how the ME system works? Because as of right now I'm basically transferring all my items to use it as a glorified giant chest to store...just about everything I have really.

Attachments

• 2015-03-06_23.03.35.png
    2015-03-06_23.03.35.png
    376.5 KB · Views: 67

worryingmeerkat

Jul 29, 2019
Xtremekiwi
Yes that is what it's for. Plus you can do so much more with it. You don't need all the terminals on there I would recommend just a crafting terminal to save confusion.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Just opened a Legendary reward bag that I grew. Got a few drums. Bedrockium drums. This one is the definition of OP:
View attachment 15621

(it is worth 102 400 emeralds)

Why is that OP. Do you really think that just because emeralds are rare in the overworld that gives them any value in this pack? Cause this says otherwise. And yes that's all dense emeralds.2015-03-06_17.14.13.png

SecretSnake55

Jul 29, 2019
Very Strange bug to report between "Random things" and "Fluxed-Crystals" both updated
I can't explain it so here is a short video on it:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Very Strange bug to report between "Random things" and "Fluxed-Crystals" both updated
I can't explain it so here is a short video on it:

In that video isn't that an item pipe right behind the player interface?
You do know you can use the player interface to pipe into and out of the players inventory.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
Does anybody know how to charge random things whitestone?
Supposedly, you have to expose it to the Full Moon for it to charge.

How you're expected to do that in the End, I don't know. (I do know that to have any chance at doing this, you'll need to find a way to get on top of the bedrock roof.

Then again, you might be able to do it once you reach the overworld.

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
Supposedly, you have to expose it to the Full Moon for it to charge.

How you're expected to do that in the End, I don't know. (I do know that to have any chance at doing this, you'll need to find a way to get on top of the bedrock roof.

Then again, you might be able to do it once you reach the overworld.

It's not exactly difficult to get on top of the sphere, just tower up with cobble.

Also, you can get a lot of charged whitestones from reward bags. I don't even know what they're used for but i have dozens.

SecretSnake55

Jul 29, 2019
In that video isn't that an item pipe right behind the player interface?
You do know you can use the player interface to pipe into and out of the players inventory.

Mystery solved lol Der p on my part. I was using facade on the floor with pipes i though thy stopped connection like covers do, but i guess thy don't. placing it down in other locations was me placing them on all the hidden pipes - lol boy i was scratching my head over this one!