[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I was thinking about updating some mods based on SecretSnake55's suggestion. Is there a general guide for best practices while doing this? I found and downloaded 33 updated mods, but I'm not sure how to implement them. Unfortunately the only mod I really wanted updated hasn't had one yet. :( It was the one that allows you to use metallurgy metals for tinker's construct weapons.

Where is the best place to build a mob farm? I tried the observatory and that failed hard. I was about to do it in the inclusion chamber, but I read that certain things (like mobs) won't be moved when I change the disk.

The last thing for now is what is a good source of platinum. The only one I found so far is sag milling certain ores. I also saw a certain sapling seems to contain it so that is my next goal.
If you're at the point that you can open a bunch of greater reward bags (however you're getting them), one of the potential rewards is the Thermal Mining spatial cell. Shiny (i.e. platinum) ore can be found there.

As for the mob farm, anywhere you can build a suitable space is good to put a powered mob farm. Off of the observatory should be just fine. If you want to use natural spawning mechanics, then you need to build it over or under the spatial chamber - and cursed earth might still rely on the biome's spawn list - but powered spawners don't care.

Regarding metals: Through Minechem, the easiest way to get manganese (atomic number 25) in bulk is by splitting tin (atomic number 50) in the fission chamber, not through fusion at all - although fusion certainly WILL work. However, you can also make purple dye (red dye can be a bit of a pain to come by itself, but lapis is easy). That decomposes into potassium permanganate, which in turn decomposes into 1x potassium, 1x manganese, and 4x oxygen. If you've gone far enough, acemus saplings from Inclusion Chamber ^4 will also do the trick; they can decompose into 20 of the stuff at a 90% chance. Platinum is trickier, but tin+nickel will do (which is nice if you've been using the smeltery to process all your ferrous ore).

Last edited:

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I was thinking about updating some mods based on SecretSnake55's suggestion. Is there a general guide for best practices while doing this? I found and downloaded 33 updated mods, but I'm not sure how to implement them. Unfortunately the only mod I really wanted updated hasn't had one yet. :( It was the one that allows you to use metallurgy metals for tinker's construct weapons.
1. download the newest, stable version of the mods
2. look if your version in the mods folder is older
3. delete the older version in the mods folder
4. paste your downloaded version
5. start the game

But i recommend to make a back-up of your actual mods, saves and configs folder if one of the newer version is unstable/buggy it could destroy your savegame.

Where is the best place to build a mob farm? I tried the observatory and that failed hard. I was about to do it in the inclusion chamber, but I read that certain things (like mobs) won't be moved when I change the disk.
on top or beneath the spatial chamber (where you load your disk`s in)

The last thing for now is what is a good source of platinum. The only one I found so far is sag milling certain ores. I also saw a certain sapling seems to contain it so that is my next goal.

There are 3 ways:
1. Mine a lot of Ferrous in "miners delight" and throw it in to thermal expansion pulverizer with the augment which increases your second-output chance (don`t know the exact name)
2. Have luck to get the spatial disk "thermal mining" in a reward bag (i think it was a "rare" quality but don`t know exactly)
3. Wait till you have "miners delight^4" disk there is a chest which contains 64 dense shiny ore which can be processed for enough shiny ingots for this map :D

SecretSnake55

Jul 29, 2019
Bumping to help others!!

May I make a suggestion If you are starting a new world!

1= install 1.03 load-up to start menu quit - install 1.04 load-up to start menu quit -"FIX for title screen is missing texture FIX or see #7"
2= add Fastcraft mod http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820
3= add OptiFine "optional" http://optifine.net/downloads
4= add Texture Pack "optional" I recommend: http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-rel-packs/feed-the-beast-material-energy-t3319.html
4= add dual hotbar mod "optional: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/223272-dual-hotbar

5= add Practicalities Mod "not optional" http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ft-mods/wip-mods/2181911-practicalities-0-6-1
To replace the "buggy Magnet" Just don't use any other part of the mod!
6= Update all mods in the pack "not optional will fix many bugs" except "Ancient Trees" had trouble updating that one!
7= Remove "custom menu mod" really - it sucks lol "optional"

You still will have TConstruct trouble's but bonni's latest git looks to fix many problems when it comes out! :)

Futuradu63

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
I have a problem :/
When I download the map and I click Launch nothing happens on FTB, even when I create a new world nothing.
A little help please

SecretSnake55

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and to all of you that want Manganese it is very simple you can get it with just 2 ingots of iron that's right just make shears then decompose and bam you Manganese Mn(25) X32
hope this helps

MasterParkour

Jul 29, 2019
I do have a couple of questions? When it comes trying to enable the /hqm it actually won't enable for me and second is how do your self to on the pack where you in the reflecting room because it just loadings a normal world for me this is only when you load the world that is already pre loaded but when I open another world it was fine

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest source of the chemical Mn is to use a chisel on cobblestone and make the purple frequency stuff. Put this by the stack into the decomposer and voila, Mn.

I put 1 stack of colored cobblestone (Purple frequency) in and got 14 molecules of Potassium Permanganate (which yields Mn when decomposed again)

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest source of the chemical Mn is to use a chisel on cobblestone and make the purple frequency stuff. Put this by the stack into the decomposer and voila, Mn.

I put 1 stack of colored cobblestone (Purple frequency) in and got 14 molecules of Potassium Permanganate (which yields Mn when decomposed again)
Extra Utilities dyed blocks (that you probably got in a reward bag) are different than chisel coloured variants. Chiselled variants can't be decomposed.

SecretSnake55

Jul 29, 2019

Extra Utilities dyed blocks (that you probably got in a reward bag) are different than chisel coloured variants. Chiselled variants can't be decomposed.

plus how is it easiest to decompose then decompose what you decomposed? just stick shears in and X32 stack / X16 = 1 dust

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try it? Sometimes Chisel does know how to access other mods' blocks, especially if those are ore-dictionary compatible (as is the case with XU coloured cobblestone).

Having a problem myself, though: Trying to get a server running, and our quest books simply do not work. It's a Windows server; downloaded the server, installed, ran the FTB install batch file to get the server jar, edited the EULA, all that. Went in and updated mods that were out of date on the server. It lets clients connect, but attempting to use the quest book doesn't do anything in the client. It does, however, spit errors to the console: http://pastebin.com/xY07fcqF

The op quest book obtained through /hqm edit fares no better.

Really hoping for some tips on getting this working, because the pack is... kinda pointless if the quests are inaccessible...

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try it? Sometimes Chisel does know how to access other mods' blocks, especially if those are ore-dictionary compatible (as is the case with XU coloured cobblestone).

I've tried with other chiseled coloured blocks, but not specifically chiselled cobble. It shouldn't be pulling XU dyed blocks though, because those are crafted with dye to make (which is why they decompose with dye compounds) so if it is that's a balance problem.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I think I've figured out what my main mistake was. I was thinking "how do I kill all these mobs", when I should've been thinking "how do I get past all these mobs". You can do sneaky things indeed. Also it turns out the weapon I was using was at 0 durability so that's probably why I was doing 1 damage. Whoops.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019

Did you miss the part where I said I just tested it? Say what you want, it worked. For me, shears didn't yield Mn either, and they don't stack so you ahve to put them in 1 at a time. To each his own I suppose.

SecretSnake55

Jul 29, 2019
true and for me the shear's any type -yield silver now sigh... don't get it log out log in and get silver instead of Mn all tho i found a better way if you have the power put tin in the fission reactor not fusion! aka top floor of chem lab