[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Kayila

Jul 29, 2019
So, I found something that I think is a bug... If I try to extract a chamber to a drive while there's a player in it, the player gets moved but cannot see any blocks and appears to be stuck in a midway point between dimensions.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with that? Is it a bug? How do we fix that?

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
So, I found something that I think is a bug... If I try to extract a chamber to a drive while there's a player in it, the player gets moved but cannot see any blocks and appears to be stuck in a midway point between dimensions.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with that? Is it a bug? How do we fix that?

It's an AE2 bug, it's always been there, that's why you shouldn't unload spatial IO's with players in them, ever. There is no fix, but you can use /tpx commands to get them out if you're OP.

MaxwellSliver

Jul 29, 2019
Please read the thread - at least 10 pages back. You need to install pack version 1.0.3, then update to recommended. This will fix the start menu issue.
As for miner's delight: go to your save folder, delete folder named "DIM14" and replace it with folder "DIM14", located in MaterialEnergy4/minecraft/template.
Ah. ok thanks sorry i didn't look that far back :oops:

SlayerOfTheBad

Jul 29, 2019
One is easy enough:
It's in the Green Room of the first Inclusion Chamber, in a chest behind/under the stairs.
If you hang onto it until late game (well into Lost In Time), a quest will be unlocked in the Secrets chapter that will give you a large storage cell full of them.
That one... Never found it, I think...
Might not've been there when I started the map, I think it was back when the pack was version 0.94?

creeperguy396

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u
I'm playing the game, and for some reason a lot of items have missing textures, even some vanilla items, like the clock and compass. Can you explain why this is happening to me? I do have Garry's Mod and maybe 2 other third-player mod packs, but should it affect the textures? (I have defragmented my computer, and still shows missing textures). If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

creeperguy396

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u
Added note: Intro is also missing all textures, except for the two small buttons, my character, and the random mob.
Sry, just kinda new so I don't know how to get to my previous comment and change it

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
There's no recipe for the ressonant magma crucible. Intended?

I think that's a default TE thing. Adding those upgrades would make power gen to easy. Not that power is an issue in this pack. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a creative energy cell in a reward bag.

Reactions: krakentoa

Ikeypoo

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me with Iarspider's treasure waypoint list? When I install the waypoints for the standard dimension (The End) with the Chem lab, Reflection pool etc the way points show up and are active. When I install the waypoints for the spatial IO areas, they don't show up at all. They are instead hidden away and are flagged in one of the many Storage Cell dimensions. They are also crossed out. Even though they are crossed out, they tell me how close I am to them in relation to their End dimension location. Oh yeah, and if I edit the waypoint in the menu to include The End as a dimension the waypoint is rendered in, the waypoint is completely accurate.

Is this your intention, Iarspider, or did you create the waypoints automatically and the spatial areas are incompatible with whatever script you used?

krakentoa

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's a default TE thing. Adding those upgrades would make power gen to easy. Not that power is an issue in this pack. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a creative energy cell in a reward bag.
I get it now, thanks. I was more interested in making obsidian, guess I'll mine the interior of the map!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I get it now, thanks. I was more interested in making obsidian, guess I'll mine the interior of the map!

If that's all just leave it to go for a while. You have a lot of power. Ans you can place a AE storage buss on an output configured side and will always have a stack ready. Or have it output to a EIO buffer for 9 stacks or even a chest.

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm done with most of the quests other than the stupid compressed cookie quests (haven't even managed to get to septuple there yet), but while I'm swimming in resources, I really haven't found a great way to get soul sand. I can take the colored stuff, break it down and rebuild it with minechem, but it's a hassle and I don't get nearly the same amount of soul sand back out of that process as I put into it. Is there an easier source of soul sand that I'm missing?

stardust1971

Jul 29, 2019
I just claimed the reward for the "better exchanger"-Quest, although I never crafted a better Exchanger o_O Did anyone else experience this too?

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me with Iarspider's treasure waypoint list? When I install the waypoints for the standard dimension (The End) with the Chem lab, Reflection pool etc the way points show up and are active. When I install the waypoints for the spatial IO areas, they don't show up at all. They are instead hidden away and are flagged in one of the many Storage Cell dimensions. They are also crossed out. Even though they are crossed out, they tell me how close I am to them in relation to their End dimension location. Oh yeah, and if I edit the waypoint in the menu to include The End as a dimension the waypoint is rendered in, the waypoint is completely accurate.

Is this your intention, Iarspider, or did you create the waypoints automatically and the spatial areas are incompatible with whatever script you used?

Yeah, I know I've messed dimensional waypoints up. Attached you will find the correct version.

Attachments

• waypoints_2.0.zip
    220 KB · Views: 77
Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to trace a grave stone? i teleported away while dying apparently and gravestone got left behind, in vanilla mining (so unfindable) been at it for about an hour now...

stardust1971

Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to trace a grave stone? i teleported away while dying apparently and gravestone got left behind, in vanilla mining (so unfindable) been at it for about an hour now...

Unload the Spatial IO Area. As far as I know, Gravestones are Tile Entities, so the won't be loaded into Spatial IO.

BTW, Is it a bug, that Tile Entities are not loaded into Spatial IO? I build a mob spawner in Miners Delight, unloaded it, loaded up Vanilla mining, and there where blaze everywhere, because Powered Spawners are Tile Entities ._.
If it's a bug, I hope that it gets fixed soon :D