[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
There is nothing challenging about SFM. It's just plain confusing and awkward. And was not originally a part of this pack. Nore meant to be. It was only added after it was suggested that it could be used for automating Fluxed crystals. And it can't even do that.

In this pack SFM is also a barely working mod with a terrible UI and very unclear mechanics.

Worse it's a mod that some people can simply not use under any circumstances. And to those people all that mod does is give some people an un-fare advantage.
It's as bad as turtals/computer craft in that regard.
And if you can only use it by coping what others have done you aren't even playing the game anymore. It's not a challenge it's coping someones homework.

Now I'm not suggesting that SFM be removed because clearly you can't play the game without it. All I'm asking is something that would even the odds.

On a side note what would there be that SFM can do that you can't do any other way?

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
If we are talking about yanking mods from the pack (hypothetically) i would suggest random things and maybe minechem. I dont see much of a point in the random things mod as it doesnt serve much of a purpose. the items from said mod i find to be useless (i dont use them anyway) and on top of that i have never heard of the mod before. as for minechem, outside of its "chapter" in the quest book, you get more than enough resources from the various mining ages. the only thing it could possibly be used for is glowstone but said item is only used for that one quest. also in the current version of the pack there is no way to "make" Pixelinium as there is no "recipe" for it.

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using SFM to open reward bags extremely quickly, while you can do this other ways, 1 bag a tick is much faster than the autonomous activator can handle.

Regarding SFM, yeah alright, it has a pretty terrible UI, and is confusing, however it's not constantly throwing errors in the log like FC does, and it functions fine once you've figured it out. I don't really understand why some other "grow your ores" mod wasn't used like Magical Crops.

Edit: Just saw HangingLotus' post, Minechems kind of cool and gives you a way to make certain resources you could run out of, like nether quartz. To make elements use the Fusion Chamber, just feed it power and combine 2 elements to create a 'heavier' one, pixelenium is 115 mass, just find 2 elements that add up to that.

Edit2: Just installed Router Reborn and that can't automate Fluxed-Crystals either, so that wouldn't fix the issue.

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If we are talking about yanking mods from the pack (hypothetically) i would suggest random things and maybe minechem. I dont see much of a point in the random things mod as it doesnt serve much of a purpose. the items from said mod i find to be useless (i dont use them anyway) and on top of that i have never heard of the mod before. as for minechem, outside of its "chapter" in the quest book, you get more than enough resources from the various mining ages. the only thing it could possibly be used for is glowstone but said item is only used for that one quest. also in the current version of the pack there is no way to "make" Pixelinium as there is no "recipe" for it.

Never ask for something to be removed just because you find it useless after all have you ever considered that others might find it very usefull. Or that you might and simply not noticed yet?

Exsample.
Player interface can suck all the ores and cobbles that are clogging up your inventory remotely.
Item collectors are like vacuum hoppers but can work at a larger distance and tp dropped items into the connected inventory so you never get conflicts with your magnets.
Fertilized dirt speeds up plant growth tremendously. What was it 20 times as fast.
In co-op mode it has items that lets you tp or resurrect your friends.
It has spector glass which works like the revers of ineffable glass making for great mob traps.
I could go on.

And guess what mod you need to use to make Pixelinium. I'll give you a hint it has chemicals in it.
And mine chem has some sort of enchanting system. One of it's effects lets you heal by damaging mobs. That saved my life big time.

Dracology

Jul 29, 2019
Just cannot seem to get fluxed to work. Tried Whitelisting the dimension but that didnt work. There is no 3x3 range button like someone suggested doing.. Whenever the gem cutter or refiner runs Forge complains about there being a memory leak and dropping 100 packets per tick... The mod just seems horrible broken to be stuck into the pack for as many quests as it is.

[edit] played with it some more. Farm manager doesn't distribute power at all. It did in 1.03 but not now. Now you have to put conduits on the underside of the soil. Might be due to the missing 3x3 button to set range? I don't know.

Last edited:

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trapped in a storage cell and loading the cell again work work is there a command to move diamensions? I'm playing with my brother over lan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019
Heres a sort of semi how to Fluxed-Crystals -

Size upgrades seem to cause horrific lag, dont bother with them.
The Farm manager won't place its own dirt down, and the dirt needs power now, not the manager block.
To harvest right click a grown seed.
To make seeds use the infuser, put the stuff NEI says you need on the right, the universal seed on the left, press infuse.
Once somethings grown, place it in the world and whack it with the crystal hammer, you'll get some rough crystals.
Put these in the gem cutter, it needs power, wait.
Put these smooth crystals in the refiner, in the correct amount (check NEI) for your stuff.

Also doing anything with FC causes the log to complain, a lot.

Automation -
You can sort of automate FC, I've got the plants being grown, harvested & broken into rough, automatically. However everything I've tried has then failed to insert the shards into the gem cutter or refiner. Steve's Factory Manager can however pull the finished product out of the cutter & refiner.

My setup - http://i.imgur.com/2s0C2PF.png
Should be pretty self explanatory, this part can be done with basically any move stuff from A>B mod, I'm just using SFM.

Jith Smita

Jul 29, 2019

The Farm manager won't place its own dirt down, and the dirt needs power now, not the manager block.
To make seeds use the infuser, put the stuff NEI says you need on the right, the universal seed on the left, press infuse.
Once somethings grown, place it in the world and whack it with the crystal hammer, you'll get some rough crystals.
Put these smooth crystals in the refiner, in the correct amount (check NEI) for your stuff.

Automation -
You can sort of automate FC, I've got the plants being grown, harvested & broken into rough, automatically. However everything I've tried has then failed to insert the shards into the gem cutter or refiner. Steve's Factory Manager can however pull the finished product out of the cutter & refiner.

Should be pretty self explanatory, this part can be done with basically any move stuff from A>B mod, I'm just using SFM.

I'm trying to get it to work as well. I haven't done the whitelist or anything (not sure if I'll need to- my friend is the admin and he can't check right now) but I don't see what you mean by the soil needs power. I've run a Ender Energy Conduit it, as seen here, but it doesn't connect to it. Also, my farm manager has 0/100,000 energy :(

Any suggestions?

Edit: Using 1.0.1, not latest.

Jith Smita

Jul 29, 2019
Whats a good way to get platinum/shiny metal?

I also ran into this problem. I found a good solution though. Apparently, the "Nucis sapling" gives platinum! So what did I do? Farmed the living hell out of it. The recipe for your first Nucis sapling will require some platinum. The best way to get this is to put Ferrous Ore in the pulverizer and use get 10% chance for shiny metal. You only need one.
After that, setup a farm to farm that sapling to make more saplings.

I used an automated setup early on that looks a bit silly now, but I'll post it anyways:
My setup / The Autonomous Activator
The ME cable is feeding bonemeal through an ME Export Bus into the Autonomous Activator (I had a skeleton farm and couple thousand bones)
This keeps the tree growing instantly. As soon as the tree grows, the tree trunk creates a redstone signal to pass along the signal to the other autonomous activator.
That Autonomous Activator has a Lumber Axe, which chops down the whole tree. The reason it needs a redstone signal is because it will destory your sapling if its running when the sapling is placed down.
The various vacuum hoppers I have around all collect the drops. Saplings that are collected are fed back into the activator or will store in another chest. You should filter as you see fit.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using SFM to open reward bags extremely quickly, while you can do this other ways, 1 bag a tick is much faster than the autonomous activator can handle.

Regarding SFM, yeah alright, it has a pretty terrible UI, and is confusing, however it's not constantly throwing errors in the log like FC does, and it functions fine once you've figured it out. I don't really understand why some other "grow your ores" mod wasn't used like Magical Crops.

Edit: Just saw HangingLotus' post, Minechems kind of cool and gives you a way to make certain resources you could run out of, like nether quartz. To make elements use the Fusion Chamber, just feed it power and combine 2 elements to create a 'heavier' one, pixelenium is 115 mass, just find 2 elements that add up to that.

Edit2: Just installed Router Reborn and that can't automate Fluxed-Crystals either, so that wouldn't fix the issue.

I think FC was used do to the ease of adding in new materials, it is a new and interesting mod, and because using crystals seemed more appropriate than using plants.
However Magiacal crops used with Agricraft might be a better option. It's would be more complex than Magcrops. And while it is a bit more of a time sink. It produces rewards equal to the amount of time you put into it. He could even use Minechem's chem synthesizer as part of the prosses of making the seeds.
Like decomposing into Fe (26) and combining that with the seeds. To make Iron seeds. Then decompose the grown materials using the decomposer into more iron.
It would be a good use of the potential of the bog reactor. And since you could even grow yellorium there would be no fual issues.
Automating it all while a bit complex would not even require AE or SFM. You could do it all with EIO if you wanted.

Though our dev would have to add rewardbag seeds as a sepperat item.

It looks like it is relatively easy to add custom crops.

Would it be to much to want a crop for each element? LOL

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trapped in a storage cell and loading the cell again work work is there a command to move diamensions? I'm playing with my brother over lan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A command like /TP. :p
You could also spawn in a magnetic force to TP to your brother.

gh0st31337

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.0.4 server mod rejections. Any idea how fix ?

Copy the offending mod from your client to your server or vice versa. One of them is newer than the other, should be an easy fix. UPDATE: Make sure you delete the older version

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019

Automation -

Along with (removal) automation with SFM, I use Autonomous activators to place and break the crystals… One thing to note is the interaction automatically places the crystal "high", so stack your autonomous activators stacked, with the placing unit below the Hammering one.

Additionally, as mentioned in numerous places elsewhere, the farm manager is a necessary evil that currently does nothing, It must be center to 8 powered soil that have their own power supply. Treat it like the water supply of a 3x3 farm and you'll be fine… No upgrades to the factory manager function in any way other than potential lag, so leave it empty.

Yes, you still need to whitelist the dimension.

I'm using SFM in so many other places… VERY happy it was added… it's GREAT for automation of Processors for AE, dump materials in a chest, moments later… processors. ;-)

Fiic

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you saying magic crops should be used instead of fluxed crystals.
Magic crops does NOT let you add custom seeds like FC does. This means NO growing cookies or reward bags. Considering those are the 2 most useful items you can grow in FC I see no benefit from magic crops.

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019
Magic crops does NOT let you add custom seeds like FC does. This means NO growing cookies or reward bags. Considering those are the 2 most useful items you can grow in FC I see no benefit from magic crops.

Ok fine, but with currently being given the choice of a tiny 3x3 farm growing cookies or 5 max sized ender IO farms growing wheat/cocoa there's not much point in FC either.

...And since you could even grow yellorium there would be no fual issues....

NJM1564, I don't know about the need to grow Yellorium, I'm sat at over 25k Yellorium ingots, just clear out Miners Delight and you get more than enough.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Agricraft will let you add custom seeds. It has a dedicated config just for that purpose.

I'm including a copy of the config.

Attachments

• CustomCrops.txt
    2 KB · Views: 63