[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

grizzlyatoms

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having all kinds of duping bugs it seems.. First is was when using middle mouse click to sort... i changed the config to true for inv tweaks, i then changed it back to false when i learned it was duping. Second, i broke down some compressed dirt and tried to place the dirt but it reverts back to double compressed dirt and doubles the amount. I also tried placing the dirt in another slot in my hotbar and it just ended up duping whatever was in the slot before.. Weird right? Any ideas?
for what it's worth, i did add enchanting plus, fastcraft and omniwrench.. Could any of these be causing the dupes?

WorstDevil

Jul 29, 2019
@grizzlyatoms
I'm using the middle mouse button to sort and haven't noticed any duping. Can't say anything bout dirt, never tried to. You could always just try to disable your added mods for some time and check out of the duping continues

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I hope no part of ME4 requires inventory tweaks. It annoys me so much messing my bags up and stealing valuable key binds. It has to go.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
I hope no part of ME4 requires inventory tweaks. It annoys me so much messing my bags up and stealing valuable key binds. It has to go.
I find Inventory Tweaks to be helpful in keeping my inventory organized. If you are worried about key binds then change the Inventory Tweaks bindings to keys you wont use.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Whats a good way to get platinum/shiny metal?

Run silky-picked redstone ore from the mining disks through the pulverizer. Use the resulting secondary output (the name eludes me!) in the induction smelter with Ferrous ores for guaranteed shiny ingot.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Run silky-picked redstone ore from the mining disks through the pulverizer. Use the resulting secondary output (the name eludes me!) in the induction smelter with Ferrous ores for guaranteed shiny ingot.
You get cinnabar from the redstone. Eventually when you really need the shiny ore, you should have found the dense redstone ore, that'll give you more than enough.

Pack wise, I'm finding now that I'm dimension hopping in the quests, I'm losing interest, and pretty much just creatively getting through them. Discovering the new spatial IOs is much more interesting.
Just hope there's some way eventually of getting back to the main base area!

D

Deleted member 38496

Just hope there's some way eventually of getting back to the main base area!

If you get back to the overworld at around 1000,1000 there's a deep dark portal and an end portal. The end portal takes you back to the base.

Reactions: Golrith

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
We can use metallurgy materials for Tcon melee weapons right? Just not arrows and bolts?

Correct, but be careful. you cannot smelt down the Metallurgy tool parts, like you can most of the other metals. Once you cast Metallurgy metals you're done.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
We can use metallurgy materials for Tcon melee weapons right? Just not arrows and bolts?
Apparently so, but whenever I've tried swapping a component for a metallurgy component, it doesn't always work.

I'm still using an iron tinkers sword, a steel hammer and iron pickaxe (now successfully upgraded with a orchi head) (all quest rewards), all have levelled up extremely high. The sword currently deals 22.5 base damage.
Haven't used Tcon Bows/Crossbows, all the reward ones you find have been pretty useless (even those in epic/legendary bags) and instead have been one-two shotting things with normal bows and arrows.
TBH, almost the Tcon (and addon stuff) you find/given have been junk, I have so many chests filled with shields and weapons, I'm now just destroying any new ones.

Correct, but be careful. you cannot smelt down the Metallurgy tool parts, like you can most of the other metals. Once you cast Metallurgy metals you're done.
I've been able to, at least the early quest rewards I smelted down to turn back into ingots. Haven't tried later rewards, been generally trashing them as useless. Haven't used the Smeltry since Miners Delight^3

If you get back to the overworld at around 1000,1000 there's a deep dark portal and an end portal. The end portal takes you back to the base.
Thanks! I really need to empty my inventory, as there has been some useful needed stuff in overworld (magnesium and mushrooms!)

Armitige

Jul 29, 2019
Chemist journal does not bring up the recipes when I put in the chemical synthesis machine. I have to enter it manually every time. :(
I'm having this issue too. I've remade the journal a couple of times, and none of them will translate the selected recipes into the synthesizer.

FendishLion

Jul 29, 2019
New version might be slightly borked. Send a bug report to the dev.
The version in the pack is not the latest release. If you download the latest release manually it works, and it also allows the decomposer to decompose liquid chemicals pumped into it. A bug report would be useless in any case, unless you send it to the pack author so he knows to update to the latest minechem

Armitige

Jul 29, 2019
The version in the pack is not the latest release. If you download the latest release manually it works, and it also allows the decomposer to decompose liquid chemicals pumped into it. A bug report would be useless in any case, unless you send it to the pack author so he knows to update to the latest minechem
From what I see (unless the pack author has for some reason renamed the jar file), the version I see on the Github for Minechem is 5.0.5.358 and the one in the mod pack is 5.0.5.364, making it a later version...

Unless you're referring to the unstable builds?

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
I was asking myself if the reward bags are kind of able to predict what I'm trying to do somehow..

I completed the soul sand quest to get the soul fragment, with the idea in mind to make a reinforced watering can with it, but then I was having trouble getting enough cobblestone quickly with my generator..
And just after that, I got and I opened a new reward bag (don't remember the quality) and got a sextuple compressed cobblestone !

Is that just a coincidence or am I the target of a conspiracy ? :)