[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

FendishLion

Jul 29, 2019
From what I see (unless the pack author has for some reason renamed the jar file), the version I see on the Github for Minechem is 5.0.5.358 and the one in the mod pack is 5.0.5.364, making it a later version...

Unless you're referring to the unstable builds?

Hmmm.... Yes I am. My mistake. I downloaded the unstable build 5.0.5.380 and it worked fine for me. I some times get crashes when nei tries to look up certain decomposer recipes, but I think that bug is also in .364 and its a small price to pay for a working journal and the decomposer accepting fluids.

Anyways, my point is that the problem has already been reported on and dealt with for future builds, rendering reporting the bug again obsolete.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I was asking myself if the reward bags are kind of able to predict what I'm trying to do somehow..

I completed the soul sand quest to get the soul fragment, with the idea in mind to make a reinforced watering can with it, but then I was having trouble getting enough cobblestone quickly with my generator..
And just after that, I got and I opened a new reward bag (don't remember the quality) and got a sextuple compressed cobblestone !

Is that just a coincidence or am I the target of a conspiracy ? :)

With the large amount of quest bags and quests and the relatively small amount of rewards it's not surprising to get such coincidences.
I've had the reverse happen too. Getting a reward bag right after I don't need the item it contains anymore.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
With the large amount of quest bags and quests and the relatively small amount of rewards it's not surprising to get such coincidences.
I've had the reverse happen too. Getting a reward bag right after I don't need the item it contains anymore.
Same. Been working hard to get the mats so I could make a Resonant Portable Tank. Open a reward bag, "Here's 20 of 'em. Enjoy!"

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
One of my earliest quest bag rewards contained 3 tesseracts, so working out how to get power around wasn't an issue.
Plus, just as I unlocked the quest to get the lowest level materials from Nether Sphere ^4 I gained a stack of each block from the reward bag for the previous quest, so I was able to complete those NS^4 quests without even having to go get those resources.

I've also got more XU generators than I could possibly need. Don't actually even need them, the reactor in the map produces enough power, and I've enough fuel for it from the 1782 Yellorite Blocks from quest bag rewards, not including all the unprocessed ore!
Crazily, I've filled a resonant strongbox with ores which I have no need to process.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Once you can grow epic reward bags, needing resources stops being a problem
I've personally put everything I've been forced to craft regarding that mod in a chest never to be touched. Just not keen on it and lots of bug reports mentioned. I see no need at all to need to make/grow resources (like ores) in this style of pack. You pretty much get thrown so many resources, that after a while, you just end up treating ores like cobble.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
I've personally put everything I've been forced to craft regarding that mod in a chest never to be touched. Just not keen on it and lots of bug reports mentioned. I see no need at all to need to make/grow resources (like ores) in this style of pack. You pretty much get thrown so many resources, that after a while, you just end up treating ores like cobble.

I wasn't using it until this last update (1.04) in which there don't seem to be the bugs from before, but you can't really automate much, so I chose to focus on the loot bags. The big trick is having 5 epic bags on hand to infuse to begin with.

Torcherino's work great if your computer can handle the extra tickload from it (I installed fastcraft, seems to handle things just fine)

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't using it until this last update (1.04) in which there don't seem to be the bugs from before, but you can't really automate much...

The UI of Fluxed-Crystals is still horrid, and max size farms still seem to be a bit broken, but at least with this version I get more than 1 tps, I've automated my small farm with autonomous activators and a vacuum hopper, seems to work pretty well, intending on full automating the creation of bags using Steve's Factory Manager.

MrDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so, this may or may not have been asked before, however I cannot search this thread as the forums give me a "Security error, try again" message every time. So I am sorry if this has been brought up before.

Fluxed Crystals mod pack, whenever I try to add powered soil to the bottom left of the farm manager it won't take it. I've read up several posts and I should have the right stuff, image below, am I doing something wrong or is the mod borked since the update? (It would really be nice if the Quest log was wrote out to actually introduce you to the mod, instead of thinking you alrteady knew about it, I sat for three days not knowing what a Universal seed was, or how to get the gem cutter to work)

http://prntscr.com/63uxav

It simply will not accept Powered Soil at all.

jayjay

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so, this may or may not have been asked before, however I cannot search this thread as the forums give me a "Security error, try again" message every time. So I am sorry if this has been brought up before.

Fluxed Crystals mod pack, whenever I try to add powered soil to the bottom left of the farm manager it won't take it. I've read up several posts and I should have the right stuff, image below, am I doing something wrong or is the mod borked since the update? (It would really be nice if the Quest log was wrote out to actually introduce you to the mod, instead of thinking you alrteady knew about it, I sat for three days not knowing what a Universal seed was, or how to get the gem cutter to work)

http://prntscr.com/63uxav

It simply will not accept Powered Soil at all.
all u do is place the farm manger next to dirt n then power the manger n it will turn the dirt to powered soil then u hav to hav power cables go to each one of them under them n to get the gem cutter n refiner working u hav to place the rough chunks down then smash them with a hammer to get rough shards then place them in the gem cutter to get smooth shards then it gos on how meny u need for the item of shards in the gem refiner i hope this helps u out

shl_icecream

Jul 29, 2019
all u do is place the farm manger next to dirt n then power the manger n it will turn the dirt to powered soil then u hav to hav power cables go to each one of them under them n to get the gem cutter n refiner working u hav to place the rough chunks down then smash them with a hammer to get rough shards then place them in the gem cutter to get smooth shards then it gos on how meny u need for the item of shards in the gem refiner i hope this helps u out
I can get this all to work but the lag makes it hard to play. Just tough it out or is there a way to improve it?

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm crap with Steve's Factory Manger. Anyone willing to write up how to automate the gem cutter and refiner with it?

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
SFM is already in the pack though. I don't like to add mods that aren't part of a pack just to make something easier

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm crap with Steve's Factory Manger. Anyone willing to write up how to automate the gem cutter and refiner with it?
I've been messing around with SFM & the gem machines and haven't been able to insert items into them, no matter which direction I try. I can pull the finished products out without issue though.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
SFM is already in the pack though. I don't like to add mods that aren't part of a pack just to make something easier

The we should yank SFM and repalce it.
SFM's only purpose in this pack is to fix that one problem. To make Fluxed crystals easier to use.
The problem with that is that many can't use SFM so it's really a crappy fix. As only so many people are able to understand it.
The router-reborn mod does the same thing with far less clutter and it's simple enough that it can be used by everybody not just the few who can figure it out.

Image if you were one of the ones who could not figure it out. Your statement would make you sound like an elitist ass. And I don't think that was what you intended.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
SFM's only purpose in this pack is to fix that one problem. To make Fluxed crystals easier to use.
The problem with that is that many can't use SFM so it's really a crappy fix. As only so many people are able to understand it.
The router-reborn mod does the same thing with far less clutter and it's simple enough that it can be used by everybody not just the few who can figure it out.

Image if you were one of the ones who could not figure it out. Your statement would make you sound like an elitist ass. And I don't think that was what you intended.

From my point of view, not really. It makes me sound like a person that wants to keep to the mods included in a challenge mod pack. Also, I WANT to understand SFM, since it's being included in a lot of mod packs these days.

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019

This is the problem, that Fluxed-Crystals is a barely working mod with a terrible UI, and very unclear mechanics. SFM is fantastic for automation, and yes it's pretty complex but there are plenty of guides out there for at least the basic stuff, and once you know the basic Trigger > Input > Output stuff you can combine those to create more complex automation.