[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
alright man this is what I did, log in, press [esc], got to video settings, change your chunks loaded to 2 and your max fps to 10, lower all your other video settings as well and set it to fast. Now close your game out, open it up again, and break that pesky farm manager as quickly as you can (not if there are upgrades they will likely be gone, so feel free to try and snag them out first). If you put a range upgrade in it, don't do that until the next patch of the game comes through.

Alt way would be to remove it using MCeddit.

ZayneCK

Jul 29, 2019
I became kinda desperate and removed flux crystals from the modpack, loaded the world up again, quit and re-added flux crystals. Now my world appears fine. I just lost all my flux crystal related stuff and some 40 legendary reward bag rough shard things. (I know i could spawn em back in, but i'm not getting into flux crystals any time soon...)

This shouldn't cause any problems in the long run right? I haven't messed something up by fooling around with the mods?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I became kinda desperate and removed flux crystals from the modpack, loaded the world up again, quit and re-added flux crystals. Now my world appears fine. I just lost all my flux crystal related stuff and some 40 legendary reward bag rough shard things. (I know i could spawn em back in, but i'm not getting into flux crystals any time soon...)

This shouldn't cause any problems in the long run right? I haven't messed something up by fooling around with the mods?
Shouldn't do. Fluxed Crystals was a relatively recent addition, and the most it'll have done would be to remove some bits of it from chests (if Parcel's populated any chests with it yet).

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
There are a bunch of chests and hidden IO item buffers with fluxed crystal stuff, including a bunch of legendary bag shards. So if you didn't find and grab those they will be gone.

Switching topics completely, has anyone done the math on Red Matter? I've been grabbing a stack of elemental platinum and silver and throwing them in the fusion chamber, they combine into 64 condensed matter, which I split and combine into 32 Dark Matter, and once more into 16 Red Matter. That breaks down into just over 4000 Theobromine and I auto craft it into cocoa. It's got to be like over 100 million RF and I'm not sure it's worth it. Doing that a few times actually brought my starting fuel down like 20% and I'm not really making progress on the big cookies. I think the whole process gives me like 4 quad (or quint? i forgot) condensed cookies... Is this supposed to be a valid strategy? I can't think of any other way to get a lot of cocoa without fluxed crystals.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion: fluid transposers. move all of your radioactive elements into drums or the AE system, and the timers stop.

This seems to work, but a word of warning for anyone else attempting it... don't look at the export bus you use to dump the radioactive vials into the transposer with without breaking it first. :p

It seems to build up a charge, perhaps trying to decay the phantom item you used as the filter, I dunno, but I went to fiddle with mine and nearly died, I took like 20 hearts of damage instantly and my chat filled up with decay messages.

Karr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on version 1.0.3 playing on a server with my GF and I can't figure out how to actually craft a Lata Sapling... NEI shows a recipe, but it can't be crafted using the items it asks for (2xFerrous Block, 2xOak Log, 2xCopper Block, 2xCopper Sulfate, 1xCellulose)... It shows up in all crafting grids when I place the items, but when I go to pull it from the crafting table/AE system/Workbench/Whatever, it doesn't work, just pops back into the crafting grid like it's a client side only recipe.

I've searched this thread several times, and Google/Reddit with nothing that helps... Though I did find the recipes list added by ME^4, and the recipe for the sapling I'm trying to craft... It looks to be correct, but won't craft. Someone mentioned earlier that the Subscript character(§) on line 88 was causing them issues, but I removed that, and it didn't help...

Any suggestions would be great, I'd like to craft it and not just get it spawned it...

Reactions: Kwequay

Karr

Jul 29, 2019
For all those having issues with Fluxed-Crystals after the 1.0.3 upgrade... I just downgraded it to what was in the 1.0.1 version of the mod pack after the version included with 1.0.3 kept crashing the clients... It loses some of the UI changes and such, but it works just fine, and as I couldn't even power the stuff enough to use any possible new features, the old version seems highly superior.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on version 1.0.3 playing on a server with my GF and I can't figure out how to actually craft a Lata Sapling... NEI shows a recipe, but it can't be crafted using the items it asks for (2xFerrous Block, 2xOak Log, 2xCopper Block, 2xCopper Sulfate, 1xCellulose)... It shows up in all crafting grids when I place the items, but when I go to pull it from the crafting table/AE system/Workbench/Whatever, it doesn't work, just pops back into the crafting grid like it's a client side only recipe.

I've searched this thread several times, and Google/Reddit with nothing that helps... Though I did find the recipes list added by ME^4, and the recipe for the sapling I'm trying to craft... It looks to be correct, but won't craft. Someone mentioned earlier that the Subscript character(§) on line 88 was causing them issues, but I removed that, and it didn't help...

Any suggestions would be great, I'd like to craft it and not just get it spawned it...

This does sound like a config sync issue. Try verifying the versions and configs on both client and server side, try copying the configs from the server into the clients, make sure that both sides are using the same modpack versions.

Also, I vaguely recall there being rubber banding issues with the magnet thing you get at the beginning. Try turning that off/placing it in a chest before crafting.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Someone mentioned earlier that the Subscript character(§) on line 88 was causing them issues, but I removed that, and it didn't help...

That's a fix for when you get an error message on startup saying add2.zs failed to load. When that happens you can't even see the recipe (or many others) in NEI and placing the items in a crafting table does nothing. Maybe the server is having that issue but your client isn't? In which case you would have to change it on the server and all clients connecting to it.

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019

I had an issue with the lata saplings, mentioned it a while back actually. It's sensitive to which copper block you're using. If you're using TiCon copper, it WILL NOT WORK. You MUST be using Thermal Expansion copper.

I'm not sure if the lexicon thing in the Rotunda works at all, but what worked for me was running copper through the Pulverizer, smelting that, and combining it into blocks.

Karr

Jul 29, 2019
I had an issue with the lata saplings, mentioned it a while back actually. It's sensitive to which copper block you're using. If you're using TiCon copper, it WILL NOT WORK. You MUST be using Thermal Expansion copper.

Yeah, I'm using TE blocks... I've searched this thread for "lata" and all references to the darn thing.

Maybe the server is having that issue but your client isn't? In which case you would have to change it on the server and all clients connecting to it.

The server is hosted on the same computer I'm playing on, so I just copied the server "scripts" folder to same place on my client... They really should be identical.

This does sound like a config sync issue. Try verifying the versions and configs on both client and server side, try copying the configs from the server into the clients, make sure that both sides are using the same modpack versions.

Also, I vaguely recall there being rubber banding issues with the magnet thing you get at the beginning. Try turning that off/placing it in a chest before crafting.

Yeah, the configs (at least the ones from the "scripts" folder are identical. The only config difference are in the Fluxed-Crystals mod for the dimension whitelist (as making the clients change those doesn't seem to effect anything).

Never read anything about the magnet thing, but I turned it off, and then threw it on the ground, and still can't craft it...

Also, I've noticed placing the items in the right order in a crafting grid does not bring up an output, unless I shift click NEI's ? mark to auto-input the recipe... I'm going to copy the single changed config file for a completely unrelated mod and see if that works, but... I'm really confused right now, and the console isn't reporting any issues.

(While writing this up) I copied the entire config folder from my server to my client and restarted the client, and server, with the same issues.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I've noticed placing the items in the right order in a crafting grid does not bring up an output, unless I shift click NEI's ? mark to auto-input the recipe.
See, this indicates that the recipe is wrong (or rather, some of the ingredients are wrong), and NEI is forcing the issue. Check the ingredients are the same as in NEI? I'm not entirely sure, to be honest.

slayer66X

Jul 29, 2019
Excuse me i don't know how to post crash reports or read them exactly but have been getting a crash when trying to start a server. Single player has no problems at all . Any help would be appreciated and apologize if been answered already. Also in the Server box it has "The mod BigReactors (Big Reactors) requires mods [CoFHCore] to be available" http://pastebin.com/wCjDWxFT

Darkseed

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot for the life of me get the wireless redstone lever from random things to work

Edit: For anything but lights apparently

WorstDevil

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot for the life of me get the wireless redstone lever from random things to work

Edit: For anything but lights apparently
Just tried on pulverizer, it works. Shift clicked the pulverizer and placed it down. What are u trying to power?

Rhyno86

Jul 29, 2019
LOL, some reward.......
a resonant chest......
filled with......
640000 reward bags..............
I think I have you beat. I opened a bag with 1 BILLION bacon. I think it was actually a storage cell that had it all inside. No B.S. In the ME interface it showed the bacon icon with a quantity of "1B". I took one out and it changed to "999M"

Rhyno86

Jul 29, 2019
What part of it being a in dev mod didn't you get. As in it's still being created as we speak. It's in beta if not alpha state. And it's only function is that it functions. All those things you mentioned are features and will be added later.
And please remember that this map was not created with that mod in mind. So you do not need to rely on it.
I completely understand that it is in what appears to be a very early alpha. That's exactly my point. In a modpack of this caliber, I think people expect some polish and refinement with only a few bugs and corrections to make, but this too-early addition of the fluxed-crystals mod IMO brings down the whole experience of the pack.
I'm perfectly capable of making the changes to the json and configs, and have done so -at least to the point that it actually works- but still, I don't think it's great choice for a late addition to the pack.
And, before you ask, no, i have not made my own mod or modpack collection and will unfortunately probably never have the time to do so, so I rely on the expertise of the developers and compilers to keep coming up with their amazing ideas now and in the future.

Fiic

Jul 29, 2019
I think I have you beat. I opened a bag with 1 BILLION bacon. I think it was actually a storage cell that had it all inside. No B.S. In the ME interface it showed the bacon icon with a quantity of "1B". I took one out and it changed to "999M"
I got that today also. They are one of the secret items as there is a frame for it in the VM. I also got another drive with with 524K of the enchanted RETLOH enchanted potatoes.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019

It's better than bacon. It's Boni Bacon. I laughed so hard when I figured out what was on that drive, bacon for eternity.