[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Nightdagger

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to force EnderQuarry to NOT dig too deep?
I find it odd that we get 4 EnderMarkers right at the start just to find out if one uses E.Quarry it eats through the map itself.

I haven't found one in testing, as far as I can tell there is no reliable way to automatically mine safely in this pack. Which I fully understand, because being able to remotely mine and recover everything in the spatial loading area would make this pack stupidly easy...

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question for those who are actually decomposing stuff from barrels - what are you using it for? tbh I don't see any real use for this stuff

being able to remotely mine and recover everything in the spatial loading area would make this pack stupidly easy...
True... it wouldn't be fair, but it's a pity u can't do that. I'd personally explore the area first, top to bottom, and used quarry only after that just to save the time. But on the other hand you just don't need 99% of the stuff you would get that way.

So far I didn't use a quarry at all and the only thing I'm low on is glowstone and redstone... both can be synthesized so I guess it's ok.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question for those who are actually decomposing stuff from barrels - what are you using it for? tbh I don't see any real use for this stuff

True... it wouldn't be fair, but it's a pity u can't do that. I'd personally explore the area first, top to bottom, and used quarry only after that just to save the time. But on the other hand you just don't need 99% of the stuff you would get that way.

So far I didn't use a quarry at all and the only thing I'm low on is glowstone and redstone... both can be synthesized so I guess it's ok.
I got a large amount of salt, which isn't helpful, but also a barrel of carbon, which is. There's a fairly large range of things that come in the barrels.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I don't have a problem purging the decomposer's internal tank, although the animation of it constantly running is an issue I have. My solution is to just give it a composite vial of whatever to decompose and it'll re-sync. However, with a single decomposer, once the drum is finished, and the decomposer is done going through the liquid, the internal tank will still show it has 3750mB in it, but it won't process it as more vials. So I'm assuming it's just a visual glitch and it's actually empty.

I'm having ~50mb left over, & when I purge the tank it tells me it is empty, but it won't accept a different liquid. If I relog, the 50mb shows back up again.

As for uses, the phosphate can be used to make glowstone, the complex chemicals can be further broken down into mostly C, H, O & used to make whatever other organic compound you might want. With the 2 reactors, you can convert any element into any other element, so I'm sure you could find something to do with 2 bedrockium drums of salt. If nothing else, you can compress it into matter balls or singularities.

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is that I don't rly need anything worth synthesizing. By the time you get to Keeby you already have all materials in huuuuge quantities (except for glowstone and redstone I guess).
The only thing you really need is theobromine.. and in this case bedrockium drum of anything is like a drop in the ocean :(

Nightdagger

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, for those who do what I did and use some of the ridiculous amount of gelid cryotheum you get to cool your reactor and then go back and pump the bottom of Biosphere with an ender-thermic pump?

Double check your reactor afterward. I went back to my reactor to recharge some cells a couple of hours after pumping out Biosphere and found that the ender-thermic pump had turned the bottom 2-3 layers of my reactor into solid stone after pumping out the cryotheum.

Reactions: Bensa Ved

jakimfett

Jul 29, 2019
I'm piping my drums into a row of 6 decomposers, so I wind up with a little fluid left in each. The dump fluid button does not seem to be working in build 369...
I'm having ~50mb left over, & when I purge the tank it tells me it is empty, but it won't accept a different liquid. If I relog, the 50mb shows back up again.
Any chance you could report this in the Minechem issue tracker?

Reactions: CoolSquid

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
By the way, for those who do what I did and use some of the ridiculous amount of gelid cryotheum you get to cool your reactor and then go back and pump the bottom of Biosphere with an ender-thermic pump?

Double check your reactor afterward. I went back to my reactor to recharge some cells a couple of hours after pumping out Biosphere and found that the ender-thermic pump had turned the bottom 2-3 layers of my reactor into solid stone after pumping out the cryotheum.

It will happen when you pump the other fluids out of the bottom of the spatial area, too. I just leave a drum of cryotheum on top of the reactor & replace it when it happens. It might be worth moving the reactor to the roof of the observatory, if you are still early game & need to re-configure the reactor anyway.

WorstDevil

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to extract stuff from Fussion reactor? I managed to fill it using vanilla hoppers, but the extraction is still a mistery for me

Bensa Ved

Jul 29, 2019
I did not read all 33+ pages, but I'd advise against crafting any metallurgy arrows with TiC. It caused an instant crash to desktop, which repeats if you log back in and try to open the tool forge's gui again.

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
No problem. And also, Cangratulations, parcel. Your pack has been chosen by Direwolf20 to be letsplayed.

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
I might have broken the fabric of space and time....with my sword!
Untitled2.png
Untitled.png
I'm not exactly sure how i did it, but i don't think -8 modifiers and +50 attack is normal. Somehow, i got a Sharpness bonus of 24/48 instead of the usual 24/72. I can basically add as much Certus as i want now and it keeps lowering the modifier count below 0.

Reactions: Toskin

EVILD00R

Jul 29, 2019
Closes out of the game when I try to make or load a world.
Edit: Nevermind only my first world.
Edit2: It runs really slowly

Last edited:

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
About the zombies, even in vanilla, if you have too many entities in the world, you may start getting some tps lag, where it feels like you are moving slower & mobs get all their hits in at once when the computer catches up. This problem can be magnified by mods that add harder mobs & ignore mob caps. On lesser computers, dungeons with hundreds of spawners stop being hardcore adventures & turn into pure death traps. There is a reason vanilla only puts 2 spawners in a nether fortress...
Pretty sure it's not tps lag. Everything animates fine and there aren't too many entities running around. Had it again today, in the Rotunda, only had a small section left to light up. There were, at MOST 20 mobs total moving around. Zombie walks up to me as I'm mining the Bitumen (corner). Hits me, as I'm falling back down from the (very small) recoil, he hits me again. By the time I turn around to face him and take out my sword (one key shortcut) I get hit 2 more times.
That's 4 hits in the span of maybe 1.5 seconds.

Everyone ready for 0.9.0 this weekend?
Heck yes. Do we get a changelog, or do we have to discover what you changed ourselves?