[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
Good news. Looks like that FastCraft is not crashing ME^4. That mod can reduce minecraft resource hunger, so you should add it to modpack.

andrew hunton

Jul 29, 2019
Been a while since I was at that point, but it'll be in one of 4 places:
  1. The ME system in the Spatial Storage (the terminal above the block you place the disks in, with the big button on the side).
  2. In the Spatial Storage system.
  3. In a chest for being found.
  4. As a reward for a quest.
I thought that the inclusion chamber was freely available, but it might need you to complete a quest (which is usually just submitting something that you found, at this point).
Thanks! I was really worried for a bit

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Holy hell, how many Reward Bags did you hide in your map, Parcel31u?
I've only gotten through every block in the Spatial IO room, the observatory (including the new room, that looks sick, btw) and the VM room.

Just counting the reward bags, I have nearly 2 stacks of Basic, half a stack of Good and a handful of Greater. (And that's not counting the hidden stuff in the "Place button on Diamond Block" area)
In addition to the non-Reward bag stuff that was in some, like Trophies, a Shuriken and some ExtraCells items :3

Does anyone know of limitations for theItem Buffer block that could help search for them?
For example, I'm about 95% sure it can't look transparent, so any glass-based block can't be one.
Can it look like Ender-Infused Obsidian? Or lights? Or maybe it doesn't support certain mods?
Parcel (mind if I just call you Parcel?), you don't have to tell me where everything is, just answer me this: Are some of the Item Buffers located behind a block, in a way that require digging to reach them? I'm not talking about the Observatory's sub-basement, but rather, if you chose to use a corner block as an Item Buffer (so I'd have to break either of the adjacent blocks to even be able to look at it)

Last edited:
Reactions: Toskin

whtvr

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please explain to me how am I supposed to make compressed Theobromine? Because I can't put 100 Theobromine in one slot... I gave myself 1 compressed to use it under microscope and put the recipe into the journal, but even then it doesn't work...

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask, what is Spatial Incubator room ? It is obstructed and covered by bedrock. It is blocked by HQM (it will open after some quests), or it is totally unenterable ?

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask, what is Spatial Incubator room ? It is obstructed and covered by bedrock. It is blocked by HQM (it will open after some quests), or it is totally unenterable ?
Spatial Incubator is the big room where you spawn the zones. It's listed as blocked because by default, there's a block of Hardened Glass over the Anchor in there, or certain zones will have a fluid of some sort. It's located in the middle of the ME^4 symbol at the very bottom of the room.

Also, final count on my part (I probably missed some somewhere, somehow) for all the hidden reward bags around the base:
About 120 Basic (I say about because I claimed the ones from the trophies, so it slightly skews the amount)
41 Good
8 Greater
9 Epic

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
Spatial Incubator is the big room where you spawn the zones. It's listed as blocked because by default, there's a block of Hardened Glass over the Anchor in there, or certain zones will have a fluid of some sort. It's located in the middle of the ME^4 symbol at the very bottom of the room.

Also, final count on my part (I probably missed some somewhere, somehow) for all the hidden reward bags around the base:
About 120 Basic (I say about because I claimed the ones from the trophies, so it slightly skews the amount)
41 Good
8 Greater
9 Epic
Let's see, who will be first to make map of ME^4 with marked objectives, trophies and hidden bags.

Crittenden

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the pack to 1.0.
Most tools had incorrect data and fixed when put in a crafting bench except my pick. Will this cause a problem?

Reloaded miners delight to continue and all the poor ores are replaced by air. Is that what's meant to happen?

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the pack to 1.0.
Most tools had incorrect data and fixed when put in a crafting bench except my pick. Will this cause a problem?

Reloaded miners delight to continue and all the poor ores are replaced by air. Is that what's meant to happen?
Poor Ores mod was removed and these ores were probably replaced with normal ores. If you moved your save from pre-1.0, there are IDs directing to nonexist blocks, thereby replacing them with default block: air. You need to modify entire miners delight (if you have backup of map) with some tool, or generate new map.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Log in to finally play this modpack, go for a while in the first Spatial IO area, find a few bows/crossbows, "fix them" by putting them in the crafting area, find a mob - shoot it and game crashes. Seems to be an issue with the TiC ranged weaponry (it happens with every ranged weapon firing a vanilla arrow).
Please report to @boni

Reactions: sslitherr1

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Let's see, who will be first to make map of ME^4 with marked objectives, trophies and hidden bags.
I was considering it, but that would spoil the fun for most people.

I might start a guide for the hidden blocks I found, but only if Parcel31u is okay with it :p

Reactions: Toskin

Crittenden

Jul 29, 2019
Poor Ores mod was removed and these ores were probably replaced with normal ores. If you moved your save from pre-1.0, there are IDs directing to nonexist blocks, thereby replacing them with default block: air. You need to modify entire miners delight (if you have backup of map) with some tool, or generate new map.
Could I just generate a new miners delight disc?

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
Could I just generate a new miners delight disc?
Ask parcel, but I don't see way to generate it again without Poor Ores. Sorry, but you should make backup in case of solution and start new world. After update so big, it is best option.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Holy hell, how many Reward Bags did you hide in your map, Parcel31u?
I've only gotten through every block in the Spatial IO room, the observatory (including the new room, that looks sick, btw) and the VM room.

Just counting the reward bags, I have nearly 2 stacks of Basic, half a stack of Good and a handful of Greater. (And that's not counting the hidden stuff in the "Place button on Diamond Block" area)
In addition to the non-Reward bag stuff that was in some, like Trophies, a Shuriken and some ExtraCells items :3

Does anyone know of limitations for theItem Buffer block that could help search for them?
For example, I'm about 95% sure it can't look transparent, so any glass-based block can't be one.
Can it look like Ender-Infused Obsidian? Or lights? Or maybe it doesn't support certain mods?
Parcel (mind if I just call you Parcel?), you don't have to tell me where everything is, just answer me this: Are some of the Item Buffers located behind a block, in a way that require digging to reach them? I'm not talking about the Observatory's sub-basement, but rather, if you chose to use a corner block as an Item Buffer (so I'd have to break either of the adjacent blocks to even be able to look at it)

I heard that he added 2 stacks of concealed item buffers in the last big update, & I'm already finding more than I knew about starting a new game in this update. Can anyone beat 7 in the starting area before pushing the button? (Still only seeing the 4 chests).

I think the ender io painter works by copying the texture reference, so it can make anything look like anything. Connected textures won't connect, but other than that, I'd test before assuming it can't do something.

Edit: connected textures do work with ender io painted blocks.

Last edited: