[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of the drums, is there anywhere that you can dump the contents to, or am I just going to open a floodgate out into the void and empty a bedrockium barrel of salt into it? The barrel I can use, but there's not a fluid void, and I don't think the trash can accepts fluids.

Does anyone know if recent minechem updates include recipes to use the internal tank on the decomposer yet? I wouldn't mind turning a drum of phosphate ions into glowstone, but not if I have to keep decomposing & remaking buckets.
As others have added, MineChem will have a feature to accept fluid chemicals/elements to auto-bottle them. I copied over their github build cuz I couldn't wait to try it (and I was the one who requested it in the first place :p ) and it's working very well.
Just place a Fluid Conduit pumping into the Decomposer, and have an Import Bus or conduit pulling from it, and you'll get your fluids into vials in no time. (Make sure you have enough storage room for them though, because a Bedrockium Drum of a compound will get you a ton of vials)

Edit: Generic question. I don't recall it being the case in Vanilla minecraft, but are zombie attacks not supposed to have any delay? As in, if I happen to not be able to get knocked back (being in a corner or something), I can easily take 3-4 hits per second per zombie. This makes it very hard to survive certain areas when you have 4 zombies after you, you'll take upwards of 10 hits in a second.
This is very frustrating early on (die easily) and becomes just an annoyance later on (noise and camera shake)

Last edited:

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of the drums.. and being able to decompose fluids. For a moment I was rly happy to hear that... I just got a bedrockium drum of histidine - C6 H9 N3 O2 - which is ALMOST perfect when creating cocoa because theobromine is C7 H8 N4 O2.
I was like OMG at last I can automate cocoa for those damn cookies! I've got the solution! .. for a moment I was happy...

Then I took calculator..
Now I need 640 more bedrockium drums of histidine to complete cookie quest... yea.. my joy didn't last too long :/

WorstDevil

Jul 29, 2019
So I just finished the Biosphere^4 and quest book is askin for Amordrine Blocks, i got the huge amounts of Kalendrite, but what bout the shiny? Did I miss smth or I'm supposed to synthesise it?!

Last edited:

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
So I just finished the Biosphere^4 and quest book is askin for Amordrine Blocks, i got the huge amounts of Kalendrite, but what bout the shiny? Did I miss smth or I'm supposed to synthesise it?!
I don't recall where exactly, but I know you can find some Dense Shiny Metal Ore in a chest somewhere.

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was the one with concussion creepers and enderminis.. somewhere near bottom, next to wall.
In the beginning it's hard to get platinum.. possible but very expensive.
Also Nucis sappling are quite good source but you will still need to synthesize ingots.. expensive.
IMO it's best to just wait with this quest a bit.

Reactions: WorstDevil

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to turn Destabilized Redstone back into redstone blocks/redstone? I'm running a little low, but I have a bedrockium drum full of the liquid. I was hoping I could do the casting basin trick like the other molten drums, but no luck.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
As others have added, MineChem will have a feature to accept fluid chemicals/elements to auto-bottle them. I copied over their github build cuz I couldn't wait to try it (and I was the one who requested it in the first place :p ) and it's working very well.
Just place a Fluid Conduit pumping into the Decomposer, and have an Import Bus or conduit pulling from it, and you'll get your fluids into vials in no time. (Make sure you have enough storage room for them though, because a Bedrockium Drum of a compound will get you a ton of vials)

Edit: Generic question. I don't recall it being the case in Vanilla minecraft, but are zombie attacks not supposed to have any delay? As in, if I happen to not be able to get knocked back (being in a corner or something), I can easily take 3-4 hits per second per zombie. This makes it very hard to survive certain areas when you have 4 zombies after you, you'll take upwards of 10 hits in a second.
This is very frustrating early on (die easily) and becomes just an annoyance later on (noise and camera shake)

Sounds like it is time to manually update minechem.

About the zombies, even in vanilla, if you have too many entities in the world, you may start getting some tps lag, where it feels like you are moving slower & mobs get all their hits in at once when the computer catches up. This problem can be magnified by mods that add harder mobs & ignore mob caps. On lesser computers, dungeons with hundreds of spawners stop being hardcore adventures & turn into pure death traps. There is a reason vanilla only puts 2 spawners in a nether fortress...

I'm only about half way through setting up minechem to automate cocoa bean production, but the faster compressed cobble gen system is up & running. You only want to keep stacks in the interface of cobble, compressed & up keep 1 in all the interfaces, & remember to use item filters so you don't start getting furnaces or uncrafting/recrafting loops. The 1st 2 stages benefit from a stack of speed upgrades, after that you don't really need any.

1496732_10204704428363940_1629238868725238819_n.jpg

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013

I got a Thermal Mining spatial storage disc in a reward bag, & there is shiny ore in that area. If you haven't gotten that yet & don't have enough from pulverizing ferrous ore, your best bet is synthesizing. Minechem calls it platinum.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
On the topic of the drums.. and being able to decompose fluids. For a moment I was rly happy to hear that... I just got a bedrockium drum of histidine - C6 H9 N3 O2 - which is ALMOST perfect when creating cocoa because theobromine is C7 H8 N4 O2.
I was like OMG at last I can automate cocoa for those damn cookies! I've got the solution! .. for a moment I was happy...

Then I took calculator..
Now I need 640 more bedrockium drums of histidine to complete cookie quest... yea.. my joy didn't last too long :/

In cleaning up my stray chem chests, I discovered that I had synthesized a whole stack of Uuz (500)! That will give a good boost to my cookie production. I hope I didn't need it for anything else...

DinBladeM

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like it is time to manually update minechem.

About the zombies, even in vanilla, if you have too many entities in the world, you may start getting some tps lag, where it feels like you are moving slower & mobs get all their hits in at once when the computer catches up. This problem can be magnified by mods that add harder mobs & ignore mob caps. On lesser computers, dungeons with hundreds of spawners stop being hardcore adventures & turn into pure death traps. There is a reason vanilla only puts 2 spawners in a nether fortress...

I'm only about half way through setting up minechem to automate cocoa bean production, but the faster compressed cobble gen system is up & running. You only want to keep stacks in the interface of cobble, compressed & up keep 1 in all the interfaces, & remember to use item filters so you don't start getting furnaces or uncrafting/recrafting loops. The 1st 2 stages benefit from a stack of speed upgrades, after that you don't really need any.

1496732_10204704428363940_1629238868725238819_n.jpg

That's the second time someone posted a set-up like that in this topic and I still can't figure out how it works, mind telling a AE noob why you have 9 of the thingys with a crafting table infront of them? And anything else that seems a little out there about it?

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
That's the second time someone posted a set-up like that in this topic and I still can't figure out how it works, mind telling a AE noob why you have 9 of the thingys with a crafting table infront of them? And anything else that seems a little out there about it?
Although I can't tell you exactly how it works, or how to make it work, but I recall seeing somewhere that by placing the 3x3 of ME Interfaces, they basically act as the location for their contained item in the crafting grid of the table. Then the Extra Utils node pulls the crafted item and pushes it wherever it's connected.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013

This isn't about ae, this is extra utilities autocrafting using the item transfer nodes. The 9 interfaces could be chests or barrels or any inventory. You fill the chests as if they were a crafting grid (each chest = 1 place in the crafting table). The item transfer node with 1 world interaction upgrade will pull things from the chests through the crafting table to craft them. The interfaces are just an easy way to keep the crafting recipe stocked correctly.

DW20 set 1 up to make crafting tables in 1 of his forgecraft videos, but I think he derped for most of a 30 minute video before getting help. A quick search isn't finding a better vid to explain it.

And I only remembered that this was a potentially faster option because of the earlier post. It is less hassle & space to set up a row of ender io crafters or purely AE autocrafting, but much slower.

Last edited:

WorstDevil

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was the one with concussion creepers and enderminis.. somewhere near bottom, next to wall.
In the beginning it's hard to get platinum.. possible but very expensive.
Also Nucis sappling are quite good source but you will still need to synthesize ingots.. expensive.
IMO it's best to just wait with this quest a bit.

Yea, found it in the next area Mining "smth"^4, thanks!

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013

I'm piping my drums into a row of 6 decomposers, so I wind up with a little fluid left in each. The dump fluid button does not seem to be working in build 369, but having to break & replace the decomposers is a small price to pay for being able to process those chemicals. Still not sure if I can do anything with the liquid yellorium.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
In cleaning up my stray chem chests, I discovered that I had synthesized a whole stack of Uuz (500)! That will give a good boost to my cookie production. I hope I didn't need it for anything else...
How exactly? I've yet to discover a way of actually doing anything useful with Uuz/uux/etc. The book seems to hint at some mythical stuff, but nothing actually definite.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
How exactly? I've yet to discover a way of actually doing anything useful with Uuz/uux/etc. The book seems to hint at some mythical stuff, but nothing actually definite.

Put Uu in a decomposer & you get theobromine.

For the effort that goes into making it, you'd expect the super potions you need the Uu for would give you more permanent effects.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Put Uu in a decomposer & you get theobromine.

For the effort that goes into making it, you'd expect the super potions you need the Uu for would give you more permanent effects.
So, what else can you do with it? NEI doesn't seem to show anything is possible for the higher-tier minechem stuff, so I've just ignored it for the moment.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'm piping my drums into a row of 6 decomposers, so I wind up with a little fluid left in each. The dump fluid button does not seem to be working in build 369, but having to break & replace the decomposers is a small price to pay for being able to process those chemicals. Still not sure if I can do anything with the liquid yellorium.
I don't have a problem purging the decomposer's internal tank, although the animation of it constantly running is an issue I have. My solution is to just give it a composite vial of whatever to decompose and it'll re-sync. However, with a single decomposer, once the drum is finished, and the decomposer is done going through the liquid, the internal tank will still show it has 3750mB in it, but it won't process it as more vials. So I'm assuming it's just a visual glitch and it's actually empty.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to force EnderQuarry to NOT dig too deep?
I find it odd that we get 4 EnderMarkers right at the start just to find out if one uses E.Quarry it eats through the map itself.

Nightdagger

Jul 29, 2019
May as well add my own plug to the topic. I ran a complete series of the original Material Energy ^3 and immediately started up on ME^4 afterward because the first one was just so good.

Warning to potential viewers: My content is not PG, I swear like a sailor, especially when I'm surprised by something.