[1.7.10] Marooned

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
yea when I opened that it was a good thing I opened away from base, the north part of my base is filled with pot holes now from the battle which ensued right after. bad thing I didn't have arrows ....

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
So after my recent new map, i tried the battle axe, I'm a fan, it has plenty of wood chooping ability (3 by 3 cube). I previously said I'd prefer the lumber axe, but not so much anymore.

also you can easily get cobblestone on day one or two by using TNT (or SDX), a bucket from a lava mound (dump water fill with lava), and a liquid to make a cobble/smooth stone generator. I made a 5 by 5 pool for the liquids to make layers of smooth stone/ cobble, then I put SDX (tnt + blue slime) in the center press button - boom, you got stones

makes me rethink the hammer as my favorite starting option.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So after my recent new map, i tried the battle axe, I'm a fan, it has plenty of wood chooping ability (3 by 3 cube). I previously said I'd prefer the lumber axe, but not so much anymore.

also you can easily get cobblestone on day one or two by using TNT (or SDX), a bucket from a lava mound (dump water fill with lava), and a liquid to make a cobble/smooth stone generator. I made a 5 by 5 pool for the liquids to make layers of smooth stone/ cobble, then I put SDX (tnt + blue slime) in the center press button - boom, you got stones

When you're dealing with standard-sized trees, the battle-axe and the lumber axe are close enough to call it a push. Mega oak trees (which aren't a problem because maple), I'd give the edge to the lumber axe, just because of height and those fiddly branches.

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
When you're dealing with standard-sized trees, the battle-axe and the lumber axe are close enough to call it a push. Mega oak trees (which aren't a problem because maple), I'd give the edge to the lumber axe, just because of height and those fiddly branches.

the trees you have access to early on are Maple and jungle trees, 4 jungle saplings make a large jungle tree (80+ logs and grows straight up) use some wood object alongside tree to climb to top, the battle axe will still take down a tree this size really fast, 80-90 logs and you will have enough of wood early on to build yourself a house, a small wall and what ever wood based crafting items you need.

Thus my thought that the battle axe chops trees plenty fast

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
the trees you have access to early on are Maple and jungle trees, 4 jungle saplings make a large jungle tree (80+ logs and grows straight up) use some wood object alongside tree to climb to top, the battle axe will still take down a tree this size really fast, 80-90 logs and you will have enough of wood early on to build yourself a house, a small wall and what ever wood based crafting items you need.

*nods* I was agreeing with you - the lumber axe's edge is with trees that don't just grow straight up, or that you can't force to grow straight up.

P

Plaeggs

Yeah, or just ladder up the side of the tree. As you chop the tree the ladders fall down and can be reused.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yeah, or just ladder up the side of the tree. As you chop the tree the ladders fall down and can be reused.

Possibly as you get more 'disposable' wood. Once you've made wood into ladders, it's stuck as ladders (or possibly fuel). Just using planks, you can turn those into other things if they are more critically needed.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I use ladders and don't mind using wood for them when I get that first really tall oak tree. I reuse them as entry/exits from my base, working my way through a well to get under the bedrock, etc.

Oh, and if you make sure you don't build your base on top of one or more abandoned mineshafts you can make highly effective vanilla spawners. Time to do some footchopping!

dfOU2NW.jpg

Reactions: Elder Sign

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019

Sounds good. Might not be so easy in the update though as there's heaps of changes on the way.

One thing I'm currently testing and am seriously thinking of using is Xaeros mini map as it apparently causes less lag than the current one.

It will be interesting to hear what others think about this potential planned change.........

E

Elder Sign

Looks like Xaero's map only shows where mobs are, not what they are?

That it does do, tends to make it a bit more of a surprise when it comes to mobs but that's part of the fun isn't it?

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
That it does do, tends to make it a bit more of a surprise when it comes to mobs but that's part of the fun isn't it?
...and one of the reasons I'm tending to favour it. Makes it too easy when you can see exactly what's ahead of you.

Got a new problem now. Well a bit of a problem as I can always work around it. Currently you can either have InGameInfo showing or the default jetpack info when IGI is turned off.

I'm trying to get Simply Jetpacks to show on screen with InGameInfo properly. I can get the amount of fuel left as a figure or a percentage. Sadly it gives the point decimals as well eg: 86.37 rather than just 86%. Tends to do that with many things including memory which makes those features next to useless. I'd also like the colour to change as it goes down. So far it just stays the same colour.

I'd also like to have it show when the jetpack is active and has Hover on'off but so far it just shows those features as being 'false' regardless of whether they're active or not. I've tried copying and pasting and varying existing commands to see if I can jag something that works but so far nada. Oh, and It would be ideal if they would only appear when an actual jetpack is worn.

I've done heaps of searches online and come up with nothing. It seems the author isn't big on actually putting out a simple text file explaining the code sequence required to make each feature work. My current saved file is an xml but I'm flexible if someone knows how to get it working using the other options it provides.

I'd appreciate any suggestions........

Cheers.......

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer Journeymap/Mapwriter because they remember discovered terrain. Used to prefer Mapwriter to Journeymap but mapwriter almost always bugs out eventually whereas Journeymap seems to "just work" nowadays.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer Journeymap/Mapwriter because they remember discovered terrain. Used to prefer Mapwriter to Journeymap but mapwriter almost always bugs out eventually whereas Journeymap seems to "just work" nowadays.

Had a quick look at Journeyman. Had similar icons to voxel. Will do more of an in-depth check of it to see what other features it has. Any idea if its resource hungry like voxel? None of the maps affect my FPS so its hard for me to tell.

Haven't done much more with the maps as I spent the afternoon experimenting with InGameInfo. Only just came up with a solution I'm happy with regarding Jetpack info. Will try Journeyman after dinner.

Thanks for the feedback....

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Had a quick look at Journeyman. Had similar icons to voxel. Will do more of an in-depth check of it to see what other features it has. Any idea if its resource hungry like voxel? None of the maps affect my FPS so its hard for me to tell.

Haven't done much more with the maps as I spent the afternoon experimenting with InGameInfo. Only just came up with a solution I'm happy with regarding Jetpack info. Will try Journeyman after dinner.

Thanks for the feedback....

Journeymap used to be pretty resource-intensive, at least back when the webserver was on by default. It is off by default now and I haven't noticed any performance issues. It also has an amazing amount of configurability, can be tweaked to suit just about any taste.

There is also a locked-down version of it without crutches like mob radar.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Got tired of getting poisoned when farming cave spiders for kill quests so I did this setup so I could hit them without them hitting me.

aA7uaWb.jpg

Can set these up for just about anything once you can make diamond dollies.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I saw a simple-looking setup involving a frame of doors around the spawner with fenceposts at the corners to provide a gap to hit through.

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got far in the pack? I'm wondering if the quest book guide you through the automation or you'll need to figure it out yourself...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got far in the pack? I'm wondering if the quest book guide you through the automation or you'll need to figure it out yourself...

I have but then I'm the developer. So has Elder Sign. He's been very helpful in supplying some helpful suggestions.

I've tried to make the book as helpful as possible, including getting players to make early automation items such as power to supply your machines. The update is going to be different in so much as I've changed some of the machines which I've found are better.

I remember the first time I played Agrarian skies and was completely lost when it came to automation, so I decided I'd go one better and give as much advice as one can in a quest book. Later on you'll even get a chance to get a guide book that takes you through a detailed process for fully automating your smeltery.

If you decide to give the mod a go, make sure you read the quests carefully as there is sometimes hints towards other things you can do. Also many recipes have been changed so look up everything as you might discover you already have the materials to make something or vice versa.

Cheers.......

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply Spaman. Do I have to start a new world for the next update?