[1.7.10] Marooned

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
One of the advantages I find with agricraft is growing pumpkins and to a lesser extent melons. They grow and mature on a single block of dirt and can be harvested with a right click. Certainly worth growing when you consider how many you'll need if you want a 100% completion of all the challenges. The melons are similar except they only give you one slice which I think is a bit sad.

Are you not doing crop-stat increases? A 10/10/10 Agricraft crop drops four of the whatever. (Technically, only the middle '10' counts, but by the time you've cross-bred it up, chances are that you've gotten the other '10's.) Agricraft pumpkins are killer for getting seed oil in Forestry.

E

Elder Sign

Just don't give as much trail mix. Waaay too much trail mix. And I have a "bug" that whenever I press the `/~ key, it gives me full health, haunches, and saturation. I think I did maybe mess with the NEI settings a touch so I'll unmess them and see if that helps.

I think that I have over a stack and a half of trail mix now....

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
So with food, the challenge of getting a diverse enough diet seems to be something that you really care about in the first few in game days and after that with some simple planning you can get around it pretty easy

with the hunger mods settings, you get about 8-10 shanks of hunger from a food type then its returns are nill, cactus fruit has it's own rule it seems.
I like the challenge of a diverse diet but I wish that cooked foods lasted longer, all the work to make high quality food and you can only eat it 2-4 times before you reach the Hunger CAP, seems like the better option is to eat everything raw so that you can cycle through the times eaten history faster, and reset old food items (10 carrots for 10 hunger vs 3 jelly sandwiches for 10 hunger)

you also don't need that many food types with hunger history of 50, 2-3 lunch bags stuffed with raw food and you can cycle through stuff and by the time you've finished your last item the first items on the diet have reset and they cycle repeats

I really like cooking with block heads, but I don't think there is a strong point to making the multi block kitchen at this point.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Just don't give as much trail mix. Waaay too much trail mix. And I have a "bug" that whenever I press the `/~ key, it gives me full health, haunches, and saturation. I think I did maybe mess with the NEI settings a touch so I'll unmess them and see if that helps.

Trail mix is greatly reduced in the update.

I wasn't aware about the special key combination for resetting hunger and health due to the fact I never cheat when playing minecraft and therefore wouldn't have gone looking for it. Took me all of 2 minutes to determine how to remove it. Thanks for alerting me to its presence.

P

Plaeggs

Trail mix is greatly reduced in the update.

I wasn't aware about the special key combination for resetting hunger and health due to the fact I never cheat when playing minecraft and therefore wouldn't have gone looking for it. Took me all of 2 minutes to determine how to remove it. Thanks for alerting me to its presence.
Dude... passive aggressive. I didn't want to walk to my bed. Once. Yeesh.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
So with food, the challenge of getting a diverse enough diet seems to be something that you really care about in the first few in game days and after that with some simple planning you can get around it pretty easy

with the hunger mods settings, you get about 8-10 shanks of hunger from a food type then its returns are nill, cactus fruit has it's own rule it seems.
I like the challenge of a diverse diet but I wish that cooked foods lasted longer, all the work to make high quality food and you can only eat it 2-4 times before you reach the Hunger CAP, seems like the better option is to eat everything raw so that you can cycle through the times eaten history faster, and reset old food items (10 carrots for 10 hunger vs 3 jelly sandwiches for 10 hunger)

you also don't need that many food types with hunger history of 50, 2-3 lunch bags stuffed with raw food and you can cycle through stuff and by the time you've finished your last item the first items on the diet have reset and they cycle repeats

I really like cooking with block heads, but I don't think there is a strong point to making the multi block kitchen at this point.

There are a couple of things I feel I should point out with regards food. Firstly, the lunch bags and boxes will only hold one food per slot so 3 or 6 foods in them really doesn't constitute being stuffed full. Their main advantages is that they reduce the number of slots used in your inventory as well as overriding the eating motion so higher value foods can be eaten quicker. The reason they now only hold 1 per slot is to avoid players eating food while its in a diminished state. A trade off is the possibility of them dropping food when jumping has been removed.

Secondly, we've instituted diminishing food values history to reflect value of food rather than quantity. This means when you eat a higher value food it actually counts as multiple foods eaten. A rough example would be eating epic bacon, it has 8 hunger value so it reduces the hunger count by 4 even though it only shows as being eaten once. Then comes the low value foods. An apricot for example has a half value so it only reduces hunger count by 1/4.

For this reason we haven't given a food journal as it only shows number of foods eaten so the player would have to count all the little drumsticks to find out how long its likely to be before a certain food could be eaten again. So making higher value foods is an advantagous thing to do, even more so when the update is released.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Dude... passive aggressive. I didn't want to walk to my bed. Once. Yeesh.

Not understanding your reply. Passive aggressive? I think you may be reading something into my reply that I hadn't intended to imply. I was simply thanking you for alerting me to something I wasn't aware of. Its not exactly a key combination one would be likely to stumble upon while playing the game.

Its thanks to all the replies people including you, have been making on this forum that I have been able to rectify mistakes and omissions we made in previous versions.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Are you not doing crop-stat increases? A 10/10/10 Agricraft crop drops four of the whatever. (Technically, only the middle '10' counts, but by the time you've cross-bred it up, chances are that you've gotten the other '10's.) Agricraft pumpkins are killer for getting seed oil in Forestry.

Well I've managed to get them up as high as 4 but then I went overseas for a holiday and since coming back I've been flat out revamping the game for the upcoming update. I really do have to spend a lot of time on agricraft to make sure the strawberry crop we've instituted actually works.

Good to know about the increased drops. Reckon I'll be spending more time mutating and less time tending the melon fields in future. thanks for the heads up.......

E

Elder Sign

Well I've managed to get them up as high as 4 but then I went overseas for a holiday and since coming back I've been flat out revamping the game for the upcoming update. I really do have to spend a lot of time on agricraft to make sure the strawberry crop we've instituted actually works.

Good to know about the increased drops. Reckon I'll be spending more time mutating and less time tending the melon fields in future. thanks for the heads up.......

If you want to make it so less time is spent trying to grind out increased stats there are a couple of config options that you could set to speed it up. On the other hand there is an option to disable vanilla farming which would make it harder to get food since the normal vanilla drops usually average about the same as a level 6-8 crop from agricraft.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I think a gain of 4 is the top end of where it drops 1 item per harvest. 5, 6, and I think 7 are 2 items, 8 and 9 are 3 items, and 10 is four.

Depending on what settings you have enabled, concerted effort can get seeds ramped up relatively quickly. And, of course, if spare seeds/crops are compostable, it would provide some added incentive to players. Also, high-end seeds produce crossbreeds of higher initial stats (around 5/5/5 if you crossbreed two 10/10/10 parents), meaning that the new species won't take as long to improve.

There are a few other seeds that aren't able to be cross-bred from other plants: Spinach, Sesame Seed, Curry Leaf, White Mushroom, and Water Chestnut (I think that's all of them). Sesame Seeds was bugged in the last version I played with (stats would increase, but zero drops from a right-click), and I believe Pam has made Sunflowers un-plantable for some reason.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to make it so less time is spent trying to grind out increased stats there are a couple of config options that you could set to speed it up. On the other hand there is an option to disable vanilla farming which would make it harder to get food since the normal vanilla drops usually average about the same as a level 6-8 crop from agricraft.

Already changed many options in the config, like preventing weeds. I've already sped up the mutation process from 0.2 to 0.5 and reduced water consumption for the latest update. Just finished testing the strawberry mutation addition and it works so another problem dealt with. Not going to disable vanilla farming as its an option I think should be available to players.

Main problem now is HQM has stopped allowing me to make or change existing repeatable quest times. If I try to alter a time it just resets it to 0 days time. Sadly I did one without noticing and saved the file as my latest working copy so I'm short a timed repeatable quest, grrrr. Really really don't want to redo the entire book just for one quest so it looks like I'll have to either have an instant repeat or make a quest non repeatable. Ahhh decisions decisions......

Apart from that, everything's coming along nicely..........

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
I think a gain of 4 is the top end of where it drops 1 item per harvest. 5, 6, and I think 7 are 2 items, 8 and 9 are 3 items, and 10 is four.

Depending on what settings you have enabled, concerted effort can get seeds ramped up relatively quickly. And, of course, if spare seeds/crops are compostable, it would provide some added incentive to players. Also, high-end seeds produce crossbreeds of higher initial stats (around 5/5/5 if you crossbreed two 10/10/10 parents), meaning that the new species won't take as long to improve.

There are a few other seeds that aren't able to be cross-bred from other plants: Spinach, Sesame Seed, Curry Leaf, White Mushroom, and Water Chestnut (I think that's all of them). Sesame Seeds was bugged in the last version I played with (stats would increase, but zero drops from a right-click), and I believe Pam has made Sunflowers un-plantable for some reason.

Interestingly I was trying to find a way to make seeds compost able in the earlier versions but was unable to find a file that would allow it. I figured it must be possible as its available in other games, but assumed it would require a mod that we don't use. If you know which mod or file will change it, I'd appreciate a heads up.

E

Elder Sign

Already changed many options in the config, like preventing weeds. I've already sped up the mutation process from 0.2 to 0.5 and reduced water consumption for the latest update. Just finished testing the strawberry mutation addition and it works so another problem dealt with. Not going to disable vanilla farming as its an option I think should be available to players.

Main problem now is HQM has stopped allowing me to make or change existing repeatable quest times. If I try to alter a time it just resets it to 0 days time. Sadly I did one without noticing and saved the file as my latest working copy so I'm short a timed repeatable quest, grrrr. Really really don't want to redo the entire book just for one quest so it looks like I'll have to either have an instant repeat or make a quest non repeatable. Ahhh decisions decisions......

Apart from that, everything's coming along nicely..........

Version 4.4.4 of HQM is out and I think that it has fixed that issue

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Version 4.4.4 of HQM is out and I think that it has fixed that issue

I tried 4.4.4 but it had a different fault. It would let players open quests while they were still unavailable. Only discovered the fault by accident after making an entire quest book using it. Accidentally clicked on an unavailable quest to have it not only open but be able to be completed. You couldn't claim the reward until it was officially opened by the previous required quest but it was enough to make me look for an earlier version that 'appeared' to work properly and also had the feature of rotating items like the raw fish when set to fuzzy.

Everything worked fine in the beginning but once the quest book reached a certain number of quests it simply stopped allowing more quests to be added so I had to start a new book and just make more blank quests than I would require and go from there. It worked a treat but then later on it stopped changing repeatable quest times. Its a conundrum but we really need the quest book so I have had to use the best one I could find.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Garden stuff adds the compost bin where you can put differejt vegetal items to get compost which can be used to make garsen soil

I checked out garden stuff but its not the one I was thinking of. I'm thinking its possibly one of the current mods we have installed but even after checking every config, I haven't managed to find anything to allow seed composting. I thought it was in Crash Landing. Might check that out again and see what I can find......

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
For this reason we haven't given a food journal as it only shows number of foods eaten so the player would have to count all the little drumsticks to find out how long its likely to be before a certain food could be eaten again. So making higher value foods is an advantagous thing to do, even more so when the update is released.

Awesome, glad to hear about all the changes your planning on making in the next update, reduces the disappointment of leaving the old world. But hey that's just a fact of playing games in development.

in my next world I think I will make a bird cage for all the twilight forest birds I'm getting from fishing, not sure if there is another use for them.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, glad to hear about all the changes your planning on making in the next update, reduces the disappointment of leaving the old world. But hey that's just a fact of playing games in development.

in my next world I think I will make a bird cage for all the twilight forest birds I'm getting from fishing, not sure if there is another use for them.

Its a funny thing with fishing. During my testing I've had worlds where I struggle to get a fish amongst all the 'other' stuff I catch, and on other worlds I seem to only ever get fish. Seems a hit and miss thing. One things certain, I've yet to catch a twilight bird. You must have a golden touch........

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
Its a funny thing with fishing. During my testing I've had worlds where I struggle to get a fish amongst all the 'other' stuff I catch, and on other worlds I seem to only ever get fish. Seems a hit and miss thing. One things certain, I've yet to catch a twilight bird. You must have a golden touch........

From my partial understanding of the loot tables that fishing uses ,you have Fish, Junk, and treasure categories,

things in the treasure category being enchantment books, saddels, enchanted fishing rods, and mystery safari nets (I've gotten twilight forest birds, every farm animal, I've also gotten a blaze mounted ghast as my first hostile safari net creature in this pack)

there is plastic bags but I don't know if this is in the junk or treasure category, but my guess is treasure

my regular fishing rod with give me mostly items from the treasure Category, some fish and a few junk items, it also catches plastic bags fairly often (thus my guess that its a treasure category)

now my enchanted (luck 2, lure 2) fishing rod catches mostly fish, then some treasure category items and some junk items

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
things in the treasure category being enchantment books, saddels, enchanted fishing rods, and mystery safari nets (I've gotten twilight forest birds, every farm animal, I've also gotten a blaze mounted ghast as my first hostile safari net creature in this pack)

*takes notes*

Right. Mystery safari nets get opened in a 2x2 cobble room. Through an iron door attached to a pressure plate. Friendlies can be evacuated by opening the side, hostiles can be murder-holed, and blaze mounted ghasts can be run away from while they suffocate. O_O

Reactions: Lethosos