[1.7.10] Marooned

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
There will be three saved games to choose from. At the moment they are going to be a Frozen River biome that snows, a Plains biome that rains and a Savanna biome that never rains. A fourth option will be available which is the one you make yourself. That will be a Taiga biome that also rains.

So, will they still generate with the sandy terrain?

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how you manage to catch such a varied amount of loot. I find I either get mostly fish or mostly junk depending on the world. Doesn't seem to be a pattern to it. I consider myself lucky if I get a rubber sapling from fishing.

I'm fairly certain using a regular no enchantment fishing rod give you the best chances of getting trash items, but theres alot of good stuff in the trash items,

anyway I decided to jump to creative and NEI myself some Mystery safari nets and see what all it gives
not to spoil the mystery
2016-03-09_22.47.06.png,farm animals, wolves, creepers,1 ghast, twilight forest animals, a mine cart with a hopper, also there were a number of exploding tnt blocks, thus the pot holes

other than the creepers, hostile mobs spawn was really low...

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
I see you like to live modestly in a one bedroom apartment. Its always good to be able to attract Endermen to their doom. I have to say I tend to just build a basic shelter and gradually expand as the need arises. This could be due to the fact I know that when I make a needed change to a quest that I've already completed, there's a possibility that game will no longer load. Thankfully, I think I've got it nailed down now and am just making some final adjustments to some of the ruins. Currently expanding the Twilight Portal ruins so that there is a lot more space around the actual portal as a player mentioned teleporting back into a solid bedrock wall.

I like to conquer the land and settle it. I want my home to be spacious and safe. I watch so many let's plays where the player has minimal to no protection... they just build stuff out in the open. I'll be watching and see a creeper sneaking up on them and be like "LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!!"

That's not for me. If I'm out adventuring it's one thing to run into mobs but it's something else for them to just drop on you while you're in the middle of assembling an engine of some kind or tending to your crops and livestock. Home should be safe. Also, I hate rebuilding over and over, I want to build it once and build it right. Or at least minimize rebuilding. Those warehouses are going to give me plenty of space to figure out all the mechanical jazz.

I was living in the basement of that structure. It was originally just a 33x33 sand wall that was 2 cubits high. I only just moved my animals out into the courtyard. I had to save up fifteen and a half stacks of dirt to cover the whole lawn. Now the dang chickens will stop getting stuck in my pipes and dropping eggs into my vacuum hoppers. I'm also moving my gardens up onto the roof of one of the wings. I already had my pine and maple trees on the other roof. Yeah, the homestead is shaping up really nicely.

E

Elder Sign

Are there any optional challenges in the update or is there anything that you would like to see personally in a series?

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any optional challenges in the update or is there anything that you would like to see personally in a series?

Hi Elder. There's always optional challenges. A few more added, a few existing ones either removed or split up into multiple challenges and some combined to make a bigger challenge. I've tried to open up the earlier quests to show players how to make clay, etc much sooner than before. I've also made it so that its possible to complete every challenge on the first page even before completing that critical Ore-Inspiring quest. Another change is that all the early quests, including some food and kill quests are now located on the first page to save having to switch pages so early in the game.

I'm just in the process of making new worlds and testing them quickly before uploading later today. I'm sure there's something I've left undone but every time I do another test, I think of something else to change,so I figure its time to just upload and make any minor adjustments if needed.

The final straw came last night when I was testing the Savanna, completed the now optional armor challenge that you love sooooo much lol and when I put the boots on, the game crashed and wouldn't let me back in, grrrrr. It didn't do that on previous tests so I'm thinking its just a glitch as I've since tested it again and again and again and it worked fine.

As far as how you present your series, I'll leave it up to you. I'd suggest you re-read the Disclaimer though as parts of it have changed to reflect the new layout of the HQM book.

I'm really looking forward to your next series and whether you think the update is better to play than the older versions.

Cheers.....

E

Elder Sign

Hi Elder. There's always optional challenges. A few more added, a few existing ones either removed or split up into multiple challenges and some combined to make a bigger challenge. I've tried to open up the earlier quests to show players how to make clay, etc much sooner than before. I've also made it so that its possible to complete every challenge on the first page even before completing that critical Ore-Inspiring quest. Another change is that all the early quests, including some food and kill quests are now located on the first page to save having to switch pages so early in the game.

I'm just in the process of making new worlds and testing them quickly before uploading later today. I'm sure there's something I've left undone but every time I do another test, I think of something else to change,so I figure its time to just upload and make any minor adjustments if needed.

The final straw came last night when I was testing the Savanna, completed the now optional armor challenge that you love sooooo much lol and when I put the boots on, the game crashed and wouldn't let me back in, grrrrr. It didn't do that on previous tests so I'm thinking its just a glitch as I've since tested it again and again and again and it worked fine.

As far as how you present your series, I'll leave it up to you. I'd suggest you re-read the Disclaimer though as parts of it have changed to reflect the new layout of the HQM book.

I'm really looking forward to your next series and whether you think the update is better to play than the older versions.

Cheers.....

I'm looking forward to starting my new series as well, and I will definitely go through the disclaimer right away, as well making a backup before I put the boots on, just in case.....

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
1.2.0 on the launcher.

Your not wrong. Its 7:15am here and just having an early morning cuppa. Nice to wake up to the news that the update has gone live. But news like this needs to be LOUD enough for everyone to hear so.......

The 1.2.0 update is now available for downloading.........

Hope you enjoy it......

EDIT:
Sorry to do this guys but I've just discovered a problem with the Travellers gear. I made new recipes for them and assumed everything was fine until I once again tried to put them on and the game crashed. Further investigation showed that with the default recipe the gear has a % protection showing. When the recipe is changed the protection disappears even though I made the recipe with one that had it. I've done a quick fix in the form of the crafting.zs file and put a link to it for those amongst you that would like to get started on the update now. You can download it and overwrite the existing file in the 'scripts' folder. Dunno how this one got past me, blame it on all the late nights...

Edit: 1.2.1 download is now available that fixes the armor. Download that instead as it has a couple of other improvements as well.

Last edited:

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
wow I'm liking the changes,

structures and dungeons seem further apart

the really valuable treasure spots seem a lot more infrequent, I couldn't find a queen bee in the first 2 days !!!

my fishing drop rate is 100% fish so far , I miss fishing up all the trash from the polluted waters already

my luckiest break thus far is the baby zombie riding chicken,just got to scrap together the things to make a safari net to keep it from de-spawning.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Pretty sure that zombie chickens don't lay eggs, so unless you catch two, it's not that much of a break.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
wow I'm liking the changes,

structures and dungeons seem further apart

the really valuable treasure spots seem a lot more infrequent, I couldn't find a queen bee in the first 2 days !!!

my fishing drop rate is 100% fish so far , I miss fishing up all the trash from the polluted waters already

my luckiest break thus far is the baby zombie riding chicken,just got to scrap together the things to make a safari net to keep it from de-spawning.

Glad you like it. Sadly one of the changes I made has made making travellers armor impossible as it doesn't have the % benefits and will crash your game if you try to wear it. I've included a link for a download of the crafting.zs file you can use to overwrite the existing file as a temporary measure until I can upload a proper patch. Sorry about that. First time I've ever had a recipe change actually alter the item. Its weird and it got past me unnoticed. The file reverts the armor recipes back to their originals.

I'm trying out the Savanna, seems to be my favourite as I like the extra challenge of making water out of cacti. My very first fishing catch was a Lure II rod with unbreakable II. Obviously using it and so far only fish since. I also had a zombie chicken. Stupid zombie rode it into a sludge pond. Thankfully the chicken managed to crawl out before dying so I got a raw chicken.

Its gone midnight here and since I was up at the crack of dawn, think I'll head off and get some zzz's.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys. We've made a workaround for the armor glitch. The new update has been uploaded and is waiting for approval.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully it won't take too long to come through. In the meantime I'd advise players NOT to do the following quests: CUTTING EDGE and DEFENSIVE POSITION. If you've already done them, updating to the new version hopefully won't affect your game as both these quests are optional 'end' quests that have no affect on future quests.

Don't try to wear any Travellers armor in the 4 main slots if it doesn't show a Protection % when highlighted.

When the new update comes out, if you want to preserve your existing 1.2.0 saved game, move it to another folder on your computer and use it to overwrite the new file once its downloaded onto your computer.

Cheers.......

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having a hard time getting slimes to spawn on the frozen river map?

edit: *smacks forehead* never mind...... just figured out the proper solution.

Last edited:

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys. We've made a workaround for the armor glitch. The new update has been uploaded and is waiting for approval.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully it won't take too long to come through. In the meantime I'd advise players NOT to do the following quests: CUTTING EDGE and DEFENSIVE POSITION. If you've already done them, updating to the new version hopefully won't affect your game as both these quests are optional 'end' quests that have no affect on future quests.

Don't try to wear any Travellers armor in the 4 main slots if it doesn't show a Protection % when highlighted.

When the new update comes out, if you want to preserve your existing 1.2.0 saved game, move it to another folder on your computer and use it to overwrite the new file once its downloaded onto your computer.

Cheers.......

The new 1.2.1 update that fixes wearing Travellers armor has been approved is is available for downloading.